• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
If we play ZayneH's gametype, everyone wants to play. Believe me! It contains the most precious things that HaloGAF appreciates. :D
I made an invasion map not to long ago that I haven't been able to round up enough people to test for yet
e:
archive.jpg

zumphry

Banned
Dax01 said:
Excuse me, but this is an American thread, so that means we speak American in here.
:lol

Hypertrooper said:
If we play ZayneH's gametype, everyone wants to play. Believe me! It contains the most precious things that HaloGAF appreciates. :D

Wait what one is that again? The one with the thing, and the other thing on the map with the thing?

MrBig said:
I made an invasion map not to long ago that I haven't been able to round up enough people to test for yet
e:
http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/gaf/archive.jpg

I only have a slayer/ctf/bomb (and everything else) map now, my WIP Invasion map was started over because the base didn't meet my goal of "looking cool enough". :lol

Edit: Apparently my map Roost is my WIP map Aurora, according to Reach. So I have to go to recent maps and redownload it so I have it. WTF.

Zennshi

Neo Member
Hypertrooper said:
hJglT.png

Rules:
  • There are no prizes. It's just fun.
  • You can post your Bungie.net stats till Sunday(01.02.11) 8am(PST/5pm GMT/1pm EST) in this thread.
  • It is solo only
  • You have to play the mode online, so we can see your stats online.

This week gametype is: Gruntpoc... OMG! WTF?! by Hypertrooper

Ranking(So far):
Zennshi 31,016
Louis Wu 30,692
Guileless 4,687

Btw. you can create a awesome gametype for this competition! Send me a PM.

Thanks Zayne for this awesome banner!

My second try. 39449 Points

Okay, the games were totally fun! I survived many funny situation or got amazing kills.(Especially against Sai-Kun. :lol ). And I found out that ZayneH totally sucks as a driver and a gunner.

zumphry

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Okay, the games were totally fun! I survived many funny situation or got amazing kills.(Especially against Sai-Kun. :lol ). And I found out that ZayneH totally sucks as a driver and a gunner.

I found out Hypertrooper sucks as a gunner.

And that Aerospace is a retirement home simulator.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who made the ghostbusters 2.0 gametype? Whoever did, thank you. Had tons of fun at a get together with a bunch of friends playing it on Hemorrhage. ACE gametype. :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
enzo_gt said:
Who made the ghostbusters 2.0 gametype? Whoever did, thank you. Had tons of fun at a get together with a bunch of friends playing it on Hemorrhage. ACE gametype. :D

Awesome. Glad you and your friends enjoyed it.

GhaleonEB

So, as promised, I played an MLG game. This clip is both an illustration of and metaphor for how it went. (We won, though. And I capped a flag. So there's that.) We went up 2-0, then down 2-4, then rallied for the win.

Next game, I did the best thing I've ever done with a sniper rifle. This is a low standard, mind you. Baby steps.

Some questions about MLG, now that I have sampled its wares. First, what's the reasoning for the delay in equipment activation? Aside from not enabling me to get out of the way of gunfire I spawn into. Second, why on earth are the spawns on Countdown set so each team faces each other? I didn't know that and it was a hailstorm of bullets the second I beeped into life.

Other than that...I kinda liked it.

Knocked off all the Dailies and the Weekly today. That wall of "Completed" is rather satisfying to see, though I want moar. Brigadier is still so far away.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
So, as promised, I played an MLG game. This clip is both an illustration of and metaphor for how it went. (We won, though. And I capped a flag. So there's that.) We went up 2-0, then down 2-4, then rallied for the win.

Next game, I did the best thing I've ever done with a sniper rifle. This is a low standard, mind you. Baby steps.

Some questions about MLG, now that I have sampled its wares. First, what's the reasoning for the delay in equipment activation? Aside from not enabling me to get out of the way of gunfire I spawn into. Second, why on earth are the spawns on Countdown set so each team faces each other? I didn't know that and it was a hailstorm of bullets the second I beeped into life.

Other than that...I kinda liked it.

Knocked off all the Dailies and the Weekly today. That wall of "Completed" is rather satisfying to see, though I want moar. Brigadier is still so far away.

Hey, there we goooooo! I'm proud of you Ghaleon! :p

About the 5 second sprint delay on respawn: I don't know if there was official reasoning from the gametype designer over at MLG but I would guess that aside from what you mentioned, it lets the other team who might be running an objective or arming a bomb time to do just that. It would be extremely difficult to run a flag if you could sprint right off spawn. You can clear a map in a just a few seconds. That's what I think at least.

I totally agree with the initial Countdown spawns. They were much better in v1, they were in the room next to it where jetpack spawns. It was much like the Pit where you weren't sure where the other team was going and how many were going.

I'm hoping for v3 some maps and gametypes get cut and new maps are added. 16 gametypes is a fuck ton. It was 11 for Halo 3 and 7 for Reach v1. 11 is the sweet spot.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ran into a random dude and three of his guests who refused to leave the lobby after repeatedly getting their dongs handed to them so I decided to stay, too, and milk that K/D as long as they were around. Eventually they said fuck this and left. Dont' know why it took so many games of ownage for them to leave.

Apath

Domino Theory said:
Ran into a random dude and three of his guests who refused to leave the lobby after repeatedly getting their dongs handed to them so I decided to stay, too, and milk that K/D as long as they were around. Eventually they said fuck this and left. Dont' know why it took so many games of ownage for them to leave.
It's sometimes enjoyable to play people of a better skill set and to try and improve against them. One day I'll stay in a lobby and play game after game with someone who owned me, and other times I'll leave the second we enter the lobby.

Nutter

Finally hit General tonight. That last stretch took longer then expected.

And Banshee bomb can fuck off from this game..

Juices new GT cracked me up. I just turned on my xbox and that was the first thing I saw. :lol

SometimesImArmorLock would have been better though. :D

Domino Theory said:

I love the new system where you can keep rematching people - I had a pretty funny night a few weeks after release were we got really competative against another team of 4. We started like trashtalking eachother and by the end where joking about and just having a laugh. On Halo 3 we would have left on bitter terms. :lol

Louis Wu

ZayneH said:
Probably will be fixed by the time someone would see this (Louis Wu), but HBO is down right now (3:44 am), though the forums are still up.

:s
The forums are served from a different state, actually.

Not sure what brought it down, but it's back up now.

More than a Handful
Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 1250cR

Where There's Smoke...
Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1000cR

The T.G. Opposition
Kill 20 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the Shotgun. 1300cR

I'm Rubber, You're Glue

Earn 1 sticky grenade Kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game. 1200cR

feel

Does Reach live coop work with thumb drives? or does it have to be an HDD proper.

enzo_gt said:
You're welcome.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sprint is disabled so you can't catch up to the objective guy as easy right off the spawn.

MLGs initial spawns have always been like that too, I don't remember why though.

I mentioned it yesterday... but I have no idea how to properly make sense of HBO's layouts and stuff :p

Great customs yesterday. Here is the clip of me splattering Sighkoon with my mongoose on that interesting Zanzibar remake if someone has a free minute to spare. Got a pull medal too :p (I had recommended it to get the achievement. I hadn't realised I was unable to choose who to recommend it to.)

Hydranockz said:
I mentioned it yesterday... but I have no idea how to properly make sense of HBO's layouts and stuff :p
I don't understand the forum *urgh* But I know there was tutorial for it. :lol
Hydranockz said:
Great customs yesterday. Here is the clip of me splattering Sighkoon with my mongoose on that interesting Zanzibar remake if someone has a free minute to spare. Got a pull medal too :p (I had recommended it to get the achievement. I hadn't realised I was unable to choose who to recommend it to.)
Oh. I'm still waiting for ZayneH's Best Sai-Kuns kill montage! Otherwise I have noticed two different groups of players yesterday. The blue dudes, who are trying to play seriously. And the red team who are fu**in had fun. Especially my amazing warthog drive styles.

Letters said:
Set preferences:

list style - compressed

display style - guestbook

sort order - UBB
That was mindblowing!

feel

Hydranockz said:
Set preferences:

list style - compressed

display style - guestbook

sort order - UBB

One of the things I intended to over my break was to play Halo 1 and Reach back to back to help focus my feelings for why I like Reach more than Halo 1. I'm in the middle of Truth and Reconciliation, and I already have tons of points.

Also, playing Reach then jumping straight into Halo 1 is pretty cool to do.:D

Top Bottom