• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Just broke through all the barriers on Exodus using pan-cam. Bungie may have limited the speed, but they left a gap in the boundaries one can exploit to exit the map. I'm trying to make sense of the coördinates now, and find the location where the level's opening cutscene takes place. So far, I've only found the area where Noble Six climbs up a hill to watch over New Alexandria, but I'm sure I'll get to my destination eventually.

This is a view of Exodus from above, but the 'Blue Wall' ate a huge part of it already.

And this is something I found underneath the playable area. It looks partly like it's another skybox, so I figured I'd find the cutscene area within, but there seems to be nothing there.

Mr. Sam

Hadn't played a game in ages. Tried out some team deathmatch and immediately got a K/D of 11. Not bad - though I was disappointed in my opposition to not drive me easily into the negatives. I spent the first minute of the game wondering why the sensitivity suddenly felt so weird.

Blue Ninja said:
I reached my destination.
]
Bravo good sir. Those are fantastic screenshots! You'll have to put up a tutorial on your file share of how to get out of the barrier, I'd love to explore.

Also, the Forerunner novel is released tomorrow. Anyone else buying it?

Frankie or any 343i peeps is it coming out in digital format (i.e. iBooks or Amazon) on Day 1 tomorrow? I'd really like to purchase it that way as I always have my phone on me.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Major Williams said:
Frankie or any 343i peeps is it coming out in digital format (i.e. iBooks or Amazon) on Day 1 tomorrow? I'd really like to purchase it that way as I always have my phone on me.

I know it's coming to Kindle day one.

Major Williams said:
Also, the Forerunner novel is released tomorrow. Anyone else buying it?
I already pre-ordered it(or my brother preordered it for me as a christmas gift). But I live in Europe and so I have to wait 2-3 weeks. God dammit :/

Major Williams said:
Bravo good sir. Those are fantastic screenshots! You'll have to put up a tutorial on your file share of how to get out of the barrier, I'd love to explore.
Wu already kindly hosted my tutorial on how to use pan-cam. (though it's slightly outdated already, I discovered a way to switch to pan-cam that doesn't require you to break your fingers). I combined it with the 'press back'-trick at the start of a video, that allows you to explore without having to worry about your camera snapping to your body.

I've discovered a hole in the barrier on two maps so far. Lone Wolf has a gap underneath the mountains and Exodus has a gap in the ocean. Both are straight at the edge of the barrier, so just fly to the lowest point, keep pressing yourself against the barrier with the trigger held down, and by moving around you'll eventually find it.

I haven't found one on Long Night of Solace, sadly. I'll take a better look when I have some more time.

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:
Wu already kindly hosted my tutorial on how to use pan-cam. (though it's slightly outdated already, I discovered a way to switch to pan-cam that doesn't require you to break your fingers). I combined it with the 'press back'-trick at the start of a video, that allows you to explore without having to worry about your camera snapping to your body.

I've discovered a hole in the barrier on two maps so far. Lone Wolf has a gap underneath the mountains and Exodus has a gap in the ocean. Both are straight at the edge of the barrier, so just fly to the lowest point, keep pressing yourself against the barrier with the trigger held down, and by moving around you'll eventually find it.

I haven't found one on Long Night of Solace, sadly. I'll take a better look when I have some more time.
Please share.

Tashi0106 said:
Dax, wtf are you talking about?
You said you had two accounts, so I'm wondering how you find the time to get one account to "Mythic" while getting your other account to whatever level it's at right now.

Man been playing too much COD. Was wearing down a guy with the AR, tried to switch to my Pistol thinking it would be lightning fast. Nope. *dies with headshot because of DMR*

MrBig

Dax01 said:
You said you had two accounts, so I'm wondering how you find the time to get one account to "Mythic" while getting your other account to whatever level it's at right now.
its not his alt

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Are you familiar with what the characters :p mean when put together? If you tip your head to the left it kinda makes a silly face.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Come on Dax, it was a joke...that's why I put the little :p lol

TacticalFox88 said:
Man been playing too much COD. Was wearing down a guy with the AR, tried to switch to my Pistol thinking it would be lightning fast. Nope. *dies with headshot because of DMR*
This has happened to me so many times :lol

COD really does drill that whole quick draw of your pistol until its pure instinct.

Domino Theory said:
Long Night of Solace Rally Point Bravo is so fun to play, oh man. Love that mission. <3
LNoS is without a doubt my favorite mission of the game. I can't think of anything that comes close for me.

Speaking of campaign, I played a bit of the co-op campaign matchmaking and I have to say that it's pretty fun. Lots of quitters, but this is one playlist where it's actually preferable. Got a couple of Gold commendations, which was swell. I'd recommend that anyone getting ready to level up to the next commendation to head into MM.

GhaleonEB said:
Are you familiar with what the characters :p mean when put together? If you tip your head to the left it kinda makes a silly face.
IT'S A TRAP! HE WANTS DAX TO LOOK SILLY BY TILTING HIS HEAD!

I got your back Dax. In these American forums we gotta stick together... >.>

squidhands said:
LNoS is without a doubt my favorite mission of the game. I can't think of anything that comes close for me.

Speaking of campaign, I played a bit of the co-op campaign matchmaking and I have to say that it's pretty fun. Lots of quitters, but this is one playlist where it's actually preferable. Got a couple of Gold commendations, which was swell. I'd recommend that anyone getting ready to level up to the next commendation to head into MM.
Agreed on LNoS. Love that mission.

Speaking of campaign matchmaking, anybody know if its possible for Bungie to mix things up a bit? Like, different armor abilities/weapons/enemies? If so, I could see a lot more interesting campaign challenges specifically tailored for matchmaking. If not, then Bungie just needs to get more creative with their Campaign challenges.

Also, one stupid question: Does the marine grenade launcher do the same damage in both firing modes? Or does the standard shot do more than the secondary controlled emp shot?

Sai-kun

Banned
Hydranockz said:

Dax doesn't need to tilt his head for that. :lol

zing! <3 you dax

FourDoor

Blue Ninja said:
Just broke through all the barriers on Exodus using pan-cam. Bungie may have limited the speed, but they left a gap in the boundaries one can exploit to exit the map. I'm trying to make sense of the coördinates now, and find the location where the level's opening cutscene takes place. So far, I've only found the area where Noble Six climbs up a hill to watch over New Alexandria, but I'm sure I'll get to my destination eventually.

This is a view of Exodus from above, but the 'Blue Wall' ate a huge part of it already.

And this is something I found underneath the playable area. It looks partly like it's another skybox, so I figured I'd find the cutscene area within, but there seems to be nothing there.

Thanks BN. I was looking for a nice clean pic of New Alexandria before. I may have to splice that one up for an updated avatar soon.

pakkit

Banned
NullPointer said:
Also, one stupid question: Does the marine grenade launcher do the same damage in both firing modes? Or does the standard shot do more than the secondary controlled emp shot?
Standard shot does more raw damage.

Tashi0106 said:
Come on Dax, it was a joke...that's why I put the little :p lol
GhaleonEB said:
MrBig said:
its not his alt
You guys couldn't tell I was joking?:lol
Hydranockz said:

*fist bump*

Sibylus

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Dax doesn't need to tilt his head for that. :lol

zing! <3 you dax
Don't make fun of the grotesquely disfigured, mang! Bad karma, or juju, or jesuspoints or something :[

Arnie

Amazon are telling me Cryptum will take up to 1-4 weeks to ship, what a pile of ass. Waterstones don't even have it in their system. I guess just strolling down to my local Waterstones is out of the question then.

Arnie

kylej said:
I'll buy the Halo book if I can get it autographed by Franklin O'Connor.
I'm already queuing up for his book signing outside my local WHSmith, oh wait, that's right, he abandoned the UK and never came back.

Eughh... just started reading chapter one
and it mentions Forerunner's get their flow of knowledge from the "Domain". What the fuck is this, Tron? That sounds so stupid. Not to mention they have glowing Blue people stuck in the back of their heads which guide and advise them, yet instead of being called AI they're "ancilla". Just seems like very generic science fiction to me so far, although I'm only about 300 words in."

NullPointer said:
Agreed on LNoS. Love that mission.

Speaking of campaign matchmaking, anybody know if its possible for Bungie to mix things up a bit? Like, different armor abilities/weapons/enemies? If so, I could see a lot more interesting campaign challenges specifically tailored for matchmaking. If not, then Bungie just needs to get more creative with their Campaign challenges.

I'd love to see some different campaign challenges other than the Jetpack/Exodus old business. It would be much more of a challenge to use it in Tip of the Spear, say to highjack a Banshee, or to kill the Elites while using it. Hell, even using Armor Lock to save your life/destroy a vehicle would be a much more rewarding challenge.

Top Bottom