• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:
By the way, whose brilliant idea was it to make each level of Countdown a single color instead of making the walls on one half of the entire map a certain color and the other a different color? Play. the. game. before. you. ship. it. please. Bungie. Holy mackeral.

"He's at sword lift"
"Which one?"
"Blue 3"
"The whole fucking top is blue"
"You just got Shishka'd™"

I think the lifts are actually numbered, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember the numbers being tiny as hell though.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
squidhands said:
And a lovely update on the Forgetacular contest. Getting anxious to see some good maps hit the playlist.

Some of the early slayer entries will be live in matchmaking later today, assuming shit doesn't asplode.

Alienshogun said:
I think the lifts are actually numbered, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember the numbers being tiny as hell though.

Are they different in the callouts? I keep forgetting to check those damn things.

urk said:
Some of the early slayer entries will be live in matchmaking later today, assuming shit doesn't asplode.
Praise Jeebus!! Team Slayer here I come!*

* - or will this be in the Community hopper? Either way, I'll be there.

Kuroyume

Banned
While I like Countdown, the spawns at the beginning of Multi Team are retarded. Three teams spawn behind the grav lifts and if you spawn in the middle of the two teams prepare to just die. Can't believe when they set up the spawns that putting one team directly in the middle of two was a good idea. Makes you scratch your head.

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
so BTB has pretty much devolved into Big Team Slayer on Hemmorage over and over huh?

Noone sees a need for a fix there?
Heavy emphasis on slayer oriented games.

Far too much regular Slayer, Headhunter, and Elite Slayer. Little of Multi and 1-flag. Absence of Assault, or even an Elite version of CTF.

BTB needs an update next go-around. Enough of the high slayer capacity.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
electricpirate said:
Not disagreeing with you, just tring to figure out what differentiation of the sides (if any) exists.

The lifts are left and right of the big door, and left and right farthest away from the balcony.

If the lifts are numbered, and you know it, you will know where the person is if you say " second level 2 side, or third level 1 side, or whatever.

GhaleonEB

Kuroyume said:
What kind of stuff is in the community playlist? Hopefully no crap like Elite Slayer, Rocket Race, and Headhunter.
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I've come to the conclusion that Elite Slayer on decently sized - or at least, open - maps can be quite fun. I can't stand it on Sword Base, but - shockingly - it was great fun on Pinnacle. Had a great game of it on The Cage as well. Between Evade and the Nerfle I find ample targets sitting around gawking at the dudes in Armor Lock or jetpacking around. And Evade jukes Needler rounds, so it's easy enough to avoid those guys. Many dongings were had.

Kuroyume said:
What kind of stuff is in the community playlist? Hopefully no crap like Elite Slayer, Rocket Race, and Headhunter.
Well, urk mentioned that they were the early Slayer entries, so I'd imagine that you'll be free of Rocket Race. I'd hazard to say that ArmorLockDinos Elite Slayer would be part of that, and a maybe for Headhunter. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

GhaleonEB said:
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I've come to the conclusion that Elite Slayer on decently sized - or at least, open - maps can be quite fun. I can't stand it on Sword Base, but - shockingly - it was great fun on Pinnacle. Had a great game of it on The Cage as well. Between Evade and the Nerfle I find ample targets sitting around gawking at the dudes in Armor Lock or jetpacking around. And Evade jukes Needler rounds, so it's easy enough to avoid those guys. Many dongings were had.
I actually really enjoy Elite Slayer when Armor Lock isn't the dominant feature of the game. The speed and jumping remind me of older Halos, and I usually do fairly well.

As for The Cage, I can't wait to see and play on the new version. The potential to be a really good map is dangling just out of reach (nopun) in it's current form, and it's infuriating. Pinnacle can just go to hell.:lol

mmUoJ.jpg

:D Can't wait to start reading it.

Stealth edit: Good to hear about the community maps. Looks like I'll be firing up Halo: Reach tonight if I'm not too busy with the book.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
equil said:
Red lift, blue life, and mid lift?

Talking about countdown. All the levels are the same color, the only distinction you can get for lifts is team initial spawn, which can still create issues.

Ooh Community maps, sweet!

I cant play tonight, but im interested in hearing impressions, any idea if the playlist has any old school remakes?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow at no more Needler/AL loadout in Elite Slayer. Sorry, noobs.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
If that happens, the most will only play BTB... :lol

I highly doubt that.

I don't think Armor lock is something that will make people choose a playlist, and I think the only reason people use it is because they feel they have to because in 4v4 it's completely over powered.

vatstep said:
Wow at no more Needler/AL loadout in Elite Slayer. Sorry, noobs.

Yeah, you mean until they just AL/Melee/Stick you anyway and grab the needler on the ground.

This solves nothing.

AL belongs in BTB and BTB only.

I cannot understand peoples fascination with Elite Slayer... It seems to come up ALL the time in Multi Team, and is almost always voted for.

I wish it got its own play list... It doesn't even feel like Halo when I play it.

Gui_PT

So, instead of "fixing" Armor Lock, they fix the weapons that come with that loadout?

Man, they just refuse to admit AL destroys any amount of fun that could be had in most matches.

Top Bottom