• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Arnie said:
I'm already queuing up for his book signing outside my local WHSmith, oh wait, that's right, he abandoned the UK and never came back.

Eughh... just started reading chapter one
and it mentions Forerunner's get their flow of knowledge from the "Domain". What the fuck is this, Tron? That sounds so stupid. Not to mention they have glowing Blue people stuck in the back of their heads which guide and advise them, yet instead of being called AI they're "ancilla". Just seems like very generic science fiction to me so far, although I'm only about 300 words in."

I havent read the book but from highlighting your spoiler im kinda worried. I think Eric Nylunds spin on the Halo Universe is the best, my worry with getting well known sci fi authers is that they will be used to writing in a certain way for a certain audiance.

Jroderton said:
Where the hell do the snipers spawn on Tempest?
The mancannons on either side of the bases pretty much take you to the snipers. One is between some rocks by the river and the other is beside a rock behind the downed Longsword.

GGs MrBig Kwatz.

J-Roderton

Barrow Roll said:
The mancannons on either side of the bases pretty much take you to the snipers. One is between some rocks by the river and the other is beside a rock behind the downed Longsword.

The mancannons off to the sides?

Kuroyume

Banned
They're on the ones to the side. If you land near the rocks on the waterfall side it's on top of the rocks. If you land near the pelican it's on the rocks around there.

MrBig

Kuroyume said:
They're on the ones to the side. If you land near the rocks on the waterfall side it's on top of the rocks. If you land near the pelican it's on the rocks around there.
5KAoR.gif

sorry

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
I just turned 21 HaloGaf! Wort wort wort! I'll try get some internet up in Dublin by the weekend and join ye for customs ;)

Happy Birthday!

It's all downhill from there!

J-Roderton

I know I'm a little late on the subject, but I got the legendary edition at launch and I remember hearing something about a campaign commentary that came with it and a video or something like that? Anyway, how do I access that? I've never tried.

GhaleonEB

Jroderton said:
I know I'm a little late on the subject, but I got the legendary edition at launch and I remember hearing something about a campaign commentary that came with it and a video or something like that? Anyway, how do I access that? I've never tried.
Your game should have come with a download token card, titled Legendary Edition Content or something to that effect. Enter the code, and then go to Halo Waypoint on the 360. You will have a new video on the front page, a 2-hour developer commentary play through of the campaign. It's pretty entertaining.

J-Roderton

GhaleonEB said:
Your game should have come with a download token card, titled Legendary Edition Content or something to that effect. Enter the code, and then go to Halo Waypoint on the 360. You will have a new video on the front page, a 2-hour developer commentary play through of the campaign. It's pretty entertaining.

Wow. 2 hours? Definitely will be trying to get that to work now. I doesn't expire or anything right? It will just stay in Waypoint every time I open it?

edit: Never mind. Can't find it. Must not have used my code. Certainly have no clue where that would be now. Is this video online anywhere?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Jroderton said:
edit: Never mind. Can't find it. Must not have used my code. Certainly have no clue where that would be now.

Click Intel-Archive-Titles-Halo Reach

Should be at the top of the page.

kylej

Banned
By the way, whose brilliant idea was it to make each level of Countdown a single color instead of making the walls on one half of the entire map a certain color and the other a different color? Play. the. game. before. you. ship. it. please. Bungie. Holy mackeral.

"He's at sword lift"
"Which one?"
"Blue 3"
"The whole fucking top is blue"
"You just got Shishka'd™"

All you Jamuary birthdays disgust me, Funuary is the best month to be birthed in, its proven by science and stuff.

-----

1000cR
Gunslinger
Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

2000cR
A Great Friend
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

2000cR
The Little Guys
Kill 200 Grunts in Campaign today on Normal or harder.

1500cR
Heroic Demon
Kill 30 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic or harder.

Egads, another assist challenge? Love how the Gunslinger challenge pays the same for killing more dudes.

And happy birthday, Hydranockz. Capricorn birthdays FTW!

Good lord some of these Falcon Pilots are terrible. Seriously HELP me line up some shots so the team can get some kills to keep people from the objective. Nope, these assholes just keep heading off in random directions and jumping off means death. Fuck you.

Kuroyume

Banned
Assist ones are so easy... It's that 200 Grunts one that's going to feel unbearable. What level has the most grunts at one spot?

Kuroyume said:
Assist ones are so easy... It's that 200 Grunts one that's going to feel unbearable. What level has the most grunts at one spot?

Do Exodus rally point alpha, rush with a DMR to the jump right before all the grunts and wait for the checkpoint jetpack up nade the right three grunts turn left nade the three below and headshot the final seventh one, it will take a few fails and tries but you should be getting 7 grunt kills and then revert to checkpoint, took me probably a little less than 10 minutes and works towards nice arm, headshot, walking tank commendations too.

Pete Rock

kylej said:
Play. the. game. before. you. ship. it. please. Bungie. Holy mackeral.
The same people who decided to populate the ground floor of the central atrium with static meshes from a 3 year old game?

Which also explains why casual fun like Rocket Race is generally unavailable without searching as a party of 6+, because Halo is so intrinsically competitive and there is nothing remotely retarded about its weapon sandbox, map design, spawn system or anything of that nature :lol

Shishka'd indeed

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
All you Jamuary birthdays disgust me, Funuary is the best month to be birthed in, its proven by science and stuff.
My wife's birthday is in February, so I'm inclined to agree.

Nice mix of Challenges today. The MP ones are weird though - a repeat from yesterday, and one that requires 2x the kills for the same cR payout.
Kuroyume said:
I just did the first level and cleared about 80 of them. The last rally point has a good 35 or so, if you last through the entire set of waves and don't head through the doors.

Louis Wu

xxjuicesxx said:
Do Exodus rally point alpha, rush with a DMR to the jump right before all the grunts and wait for the checkpoint jetpack up nade the right three grunts turn left nade the three below and headshot the final seventh one, it will take a few fails and tries but you should be getting 7 grunt kills and then revert to checkpoint, took me probably a little less than 10 minutes and works towards nice arm, headshot, walking tank commendations too.
Well, if you're gonna farm it, you might as well farm it fast.

Start The Package, Rally Point Beta, and run down to the first autoturret. If you wait around for a little while (under 30 seconds, usually) after it becomes openable, you should get a checkpoint. At this stage, head down to the tall wall just below the turret, and look right. You should see a group of 8 grunts coming across the bridge, in a nice straight line.

Killtastrophe, revert to save, rinse, repeat. If you're more accurate than me, you can punch out 200 grunts in under 5 minutes.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
Well, if you're gonna farm it, you might as well farm it fast.

Start The Package, Rally Point Beta, and run down to the first autoturret. If you wait around for a little while (under 30 seconds, usually) after it becomes openable, you should get a checkpoint. At this stage, head down to the tall wall just below the turret, and look right. You should see a group of 8 grunts coming across the bridge, in a nice straight line.

Killtastrophe, revert to save, rinse, repeat. If you're more accurate than me, you can punch out 200 grunts in under 5 minutes.
I just played Winter Contingency and Tip of the Spear on Heroic for ~220 Grunts. I'm old fashioned. I take Challenges like these as opportunities to nudge my campaign Commendations forward.

Louis Wu

xxjuicesxx said:
so BTB has pretty much devolved into Big Team Slayer on Hemmorage over and over huh?

Noone sees a need for a fix there?
Missed this post.

Hrm; This doesn't match my experience, at all.

My last 10 BTB games:

One Flag CTF, Hemorrhage
Slayer, Atom
Slayer, Paradiso
Headhunter, Boardwalk
Headhunter, Countdown
Slayer, Spire
Slayer, Hemorrhage
Crazy King, Paradiso
Slayer, Countdown
Slayer, Countdown

Louis Wu said:
Missed this post.

Hrm; This doesn't match my experience, at all.

My last 10 BTB games:

One Flag CTF, Hemorrhage
Slayer, Atom
Slayer, Paradiso
Headhunter, Boardwalk
Headhunter, Countdown
Slayer, Spire
Slayer, Hemorrhage
Crazy King, Paradiso
Slayer, Countdown
Slayer, Countdown

Oh lol I've gotten it alot lately like 6/7 of my last games. Although one was a CTF that was basically devolved into slayer.

Also why are you going to ghost rush a dude names AnArmorLockHero!? BUT THEY KEEP DOING IT! :lol

Top Bottom