• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Kuroyume

Banned
Dani said:
I thought GAF's Armour Lock whining is petty at times but Bnet has it beat. Apparently this topic was well received... =\

This level of discourse is just shameful yet it's how most non-gamers generalise the level of maturity of game playing folks. It's hard to refute this when you hop on Live and you hear worse sometimes.

Oh shut up. Get off your high horse.

kylej

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
A fair question. And one I thought about when I was making the map: how do I make a map for a game mode I don't play a lot of (yet)?

Ask one of the map designers at Bungie.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shake Appeal said:
Grenade launcher replaces rockets, shotgun is moved to banshee. Done!

And move or remove the snipers, I would agree with that.

Kuroyume said:

I didn't get that he's on a high horse at all, a lot of the bitching here, and in other NeoGAF forums is petty. The Armor lock discussion is no exception, some people make good points about it, others make petty bitching complaints.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Kuroyume said:
5KAoR.gif

Dani said:
I thought GAF's Armour Lock whining is petty at times but Bnet has it beat. Apparently this topic was well received... =\

This level of discourse is just shameful yet it's how most non-gamers generalise the level of maturity of game playing folks. It's hard to refute this when you hop on Live and you hear worse sometimes.

Its immature - but I doubt its serious, its probably just a joke post albeit by someone who genuinly dislikes Armour Lock. Pretty sad that theres still so much homophobia/ racism around the internet though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Alienshogun said:
And move or remove the snipers, I would agree with that.

I didn't get that he's on a high horse at all, a lot of the bitching here, and in other NeoGAF forums is petty. The Armor lock discussion is no exception, some people make good points about it, others make petty bitching complaints.

People have different ways of expressing their opinions. I just had one of the most infuriating games of Halo Reach up to this point because of some douche camping in one of towers on Pinnacle with AL in a game of Multi Team, and I rage quit and went to GAF to rant and saw Dani's post. Dudes shouldn't be able to drop plasma nades at their feet as I'm making my way to them and then ALing. Shit is nonesense. Dude was also doing a bunch of other shit as if he was the master of AL... Had it down to perfection. I think plenty of people have made great points but Bungie hasn't done anything about it other than removing it from Arena... As if it's not causing grief in other playlists. Somtimes people just want to express their dissatisfaction without filtering it. No defense for the "its gay!" and "butt pals" comments but I'm okay with a lot of it.

feel

kylej said:
Snipedown montage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgtDu2frls

Press mute and prepare to be bewildered at how good that kid is at H3.
Nice montage. Some of the transitions were crazy awesome, with the maps pieces coming together matrix style. Out of this world gameplay skills too of course.

And damn, Halo 3... sigh, it feels like it's been so long.. I so want a direct sequel to that amazing sport like multiplayer with Reach's netcode, FOV, hitscan, visuals, and etc.

kylej

Banned
Letters said:
And damn, Halo 3... sigh, it feels like it's been so long.. I so want a direct sequel to that amazing sport like multiplayer with Reach's netcode, FOV, hitscan, visuals, and etc.

You're not the only one, brother. Wait for 343.

Frankie's finalizing the design doc for Armor Lock 2.0 as we speak. Now whenever someone locks it lets out a klaxon alarm, and disco lights go off throughout the level.

feel

Well great, now I want to play some halo to relax for a bit after a Dance Central session and I don't know if I should put in Reach or Halo 3... :lol

It'll be Reach, I suppose..

edit- at least I'm running with a full gaf crew on Reach, all's good

Striker

Alienshogun said:
Pinnacle needs a huge fixing of its spawns, and adjustment of power weapon location.
Spawns are just an issue with Bungie's coding. This isn't like Standoff for Halo 3 by having so many spawns on the heli-pad with no cover whatsoever. There's been poor spawns across all Halo MP games.

The weapon locales are fine - if anything would need fixing its the ammo clips. Rockets would be just two per spawn, and the Snipers would be 8 per clip, etc.

Sai-kun said:
So 343 is making Halorun...

I'm listening.

Reach is already Halorun. If anything I see AA's just being removed in the next Halo. Equipment didn't work and AA's aren't really working either.

kylej said:
need some peeps for Noble. send jelyk a message

I'll probably need a spot later, long haul tonight need hundreds of kills to be in a good spot for the weekly.

Sai-kun said:
So 343 is making Halorun...

I'm listening.
Omgyesplz.
I want a Shadowrun 2 :(

Anyways, I played a game of stockpile earlier where both teams helped each other get the flag achievement :lol Me and my buddy bought two flags to their base, they got the other two flags. When they figured out what we were doing, they helped us out too. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
xxjuicesxx said:
they should add weapon combos, that require skill and dexterity. not press x to become invincible.
Come to think of it, what if they replaced AL with the melee combos that were supposed to be in Halo 2?

Get street fighter on some fools. Hold X to shoryuken.

Kuroyume

Banned
Always hilarious when you get a BullTrue on someone. Taking a bunch of shots and pop off that shield. Pretend you have no more bullets and stay still. Dude hops real fast with the sword trying to shorten the distance and at the last seacond a headshot. :lol I love the pistol. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Snipedown montage was insane. Thank god that I'm not in there!! I've taken a few beatings from Str8 Rippin and BtH :lol

I miss Halo 3 MLG now :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit no wonder its so much easier to snipe in Reach.

Is the sniper hitscan? No? Because long-range targets I have to shoot ahead of to headshot.

Had some good games tonight with kylej.

I enjoy multiplayer so much more when playing with gaffers, even if I'm doing terrible myself.

Grimm Fandango said:
If it's easier to snipe in Reach then I'm a complete fucking moron.

I'm much worse at sniping in Reach for whatever reason.

That's how I was, I got the hang of it, but still prefer Halo 3's sniper, takes more skill to use, in Reach any Jo Schmo can use it. :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
Good games Nokyard, Darkflight, Devolution, Plywood and Oozer. And Zayne I guess.
This + Starlit, Blueblur and Devo.
Blueblur1 said:
Jumped out cuz I don't have the maps and it sounded like you guys were tired of Invasion.
:lol

They were actually trying to get Breakpoint. :p

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So who wants to play some Firefight?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CrazedArabMan said:
That's how I was, I got the hang of it, but still prefer Halo 3's sniper, takes more skill to use, in Reach any Jo Schmo can use it. :/
Pretty much. I knew something was wrong when I was getting headshots and no scopes by the ton. So. Much. Autoaim.

Top Bottom