• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Kuroyume said:
What happens in Black Ops when the host leaves a game? Does the game interrupt the match to switch hosts?

Yup and then theres a 4-5 second countdown so the new host and people with better connections don't start ahead of everyone else.

Unlike Reach and H3.

Striker

enzo_gt said:
Pretty much. I knew something was wrong when I was getting headshots and no scopes by the ton. So. Much. Autoaim.
Autoaim?

It's called hitscan. Halo 3 had poor hit detection, especially with the Sniper.

LoL in multi team 4 people choose rocket race which is on top 4 people choose slayer. Its decided we play rocket race...

Really?

Leave game.

Fuck that, that shit isn't Halo, put it in fucking Grab Bag.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
LoL in multi team 4 people choose rocket race which is on top 4 people choose slayer. Its decided we play rocket race...

Really?

Leave game.

Fuck that, that shit isn't Halo, put it in fucking Grab Bag.
Probably people trying to get the achievement.

watership

New thread? Holy crap.

Okay so...
5230476585_6114d0d204_z.jpg

Ya. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10673012&player=Watership

I have fun with gaffers but holy crap just like with the other maps, bungie is terrible at optimizing gametypes that work for particular maps. Played a big team slayer (with 6 people) on Breakpoint that was just awful.

Devolution said:
I have fun with gaffers but holy crap just like with the other maps, bungie is terrible at optimizing gametypes that work for particular maps. Played a big team slayer (with 6 people) on Breakpoint that was just awful.

Wait til you play 1 bomb on Tempest...Gametype is awfullllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Like so bad!

Seriously I think Bungie has lost its mind and needs some help here.

xxjuicesxx said:
Wait til you play 1 bomb on Tempest...Gametype is awfullllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Like so bad!

Seriously I think Bungie has lost its mind and needs some help here.

The worst gametype of the night went to 1 flag on spire.

zumphry

Banned
Letters said:
Good games Nokyard, Darkflight, Devolution, Plywood and Oozer. And Zayne I guess.

You're not getting paid for my christmas avatar now.

Blueblur1 said:
Jumped out cuz I don't have the maps and it sounded like you guys were tired of Invasion.

Nah, more like getting tired of not getting the new maps in appropriate playlists when we all had the maps.

Devolution said:

I dunno. Slayer*~Armor Lock Heroes~* on Anchor 9 came close..

ZayneH said:
I dunno. Slayer*~Armor Lock Heroes~* on Anchor 9 came close..

Everything with AL just needs to be stripped from all gametypes, and put in a gametype called *~Armor Lock Heroes~*, including the text decoration.

Devolution said:
I've only been playing Noble Pack mostly this weekend. But Damn I can imagine how bad 1 flag Spire would be... that just seems common sense to not make that gametype...what playlist is that in!?:lol

xxjuicesxx said:
I've only been playing Noble Pack mostly this weekend. But Damn I can imagine how bad 1 flag Spire would be... that just seems common sense to not make that gametype...what playlist is that in!?:lol

Big Team.

We basically got trolled by a bunch of dudes who take their big team uber seriously. Banshee spawn owned. Falcon spawn owned. Sniper on top of spire owned. Just ugh WHY BUNGIE? WHY?!

Hell Bungie you don't even need to hire me just PM me for my cell number and I'll give you a consultation for what you need to do...

There is a lot of shit to get done here.

xxjuicesxx said:
Hell Bungie you don't even need to hire me just PM me for my cell number and I'll give you a consultation for what you need to do...

There is a lot of shit to get done here.

Oh I also forgot we played a stockpile on Boneyard that was ridiculously one-sided. We had red spawn, so not only did that suck but the flags were clearly closer to their cap point every fucking time they spawned. Not to mention they could just take flags out of our cap point and drop them off the cliff. So balanced.

Reach could seriously use some remakes (REMAKES NOT REINTERPRETATIONS) of Headlong and Terminal and some better gametypes. Whatever happened to big team assault anyway.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
The flag isn't even in the Spire it's in the nipplebase. So the Spire is there for decoration or for whoever wants to do some donging from the top of it. Also the spawns on that map suck.
Devolution said:
Reach could seriously use some remakes (REMAKES NOT REINTERPRETATIONS) of Headlong and Terminal and some better gametypes. Whatever happened to big team assault anyway.
You are like the 3rd person (me and someone else can't remember atm) have been wanting a Terminal remake since H3. I applaud your good taste.

GloveSlap

I'm conflicted on whether to buy the map pack or not. I feel like I am rewarding them with more money when the original map lineup, and game in general, are no where close to what i think they should have been. Plus there is the limited integration into the playlists. Bah, im sure i will get sucked in since most of the friends that still play already have it.

I really thought Halo 2 had the best system for the map packs. The maps were only 400 points and every time a new map pack came out the previous maps would become free. It was like clockwork and it really worked to keep the game progressing.

GloveSlap said:
I'm conflicted on whether to buy the map pack or not. I feel like I am rewarding them with more money when the original map lineup, and game in general, are no where close to what i think they should have been. Plus there is the limited integration into the playlists. Bah, im sure i will get sucked in since most of the friends that still play already have it.

I really thought Halo 2 had the best system for the map packs. The maps were only 400 points and every time a new map pack came out the previous maps would become free. It was like clockwork and it really worked to keep the game progressing.

Tempest and Anchor 9 are really good. Breakpoint is good if you are into BTB stuff.

They are some of the better Reach maps honestly.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I caved and bought Shadowrun for a dollar, fucking wow Sage and dat bloom. Why is this guy so obsessed with slowing down FPS?

I had actually forgotten how bad the bloom was in that game.

Twitch, bloom.

Walk, Bloom.

Jump. BLOOM.

Shoot. BLOOM.

Dear Bungie, Title Update for bloom removal, kthx.

Raide

xxjuicesxx said:
Tempest and Anchor 9 are really good. Breakpoint is good if you are into BTB stuff.

They are some of the better Reach maps honestly.

Personally, I think Bungie made a mistake by making maps out of the Singleplayer areas. The 3 new maps, while taking some cues from SP, look so much better than the other maps. Detail wise, texture wise and flow just feel better than the old maps.

Discounting the Forge maps (I still believe there are great Forge maps out there, hopefully the Forgetastic competition will unearth them) I did not really love any of the old maps. I do love Tempest and Breakpoint, need to play A9 more.

GhaleonEB

I think CTF on Tempest is going to become my favorite game type/map combination, in the same way that CFT on Valhalla defined everything I loved about Halo 3's multiplayer game. The vehicle/infantry balance just feels correct, infantry can zip around quickly, flag caps are intense but glorious to pull off. It feels like the defining Reach experience to me; at least, the experience I've wanted from Reach.

I've been going back and forth as to whether it was the sandbox or the maps that made me dislike the BTB playlist to date. It's a mix really, but the Noble maps make the game so fun, I think it's more of a 70/30 mix. So having some great maps is making me enjoy the multiplayer for the first time since the game came out. They're like playing a different game after experiencing Hemorrhage.

Ramirez

Plywood said:
I caved and bought Shadowrun for a dollar, fucking wow Sage and dat bloom. Why is this guy so obsessed with slowing down FPS?

I had actually forgotten how bad the bloom was in that game.

Twitch, bloom.

Walk, Bloom.

Jump. BLOOM.

Shoot. BLOOM.

Dear Bungie, Title Update for bloom removal, kthx.

Would be SO GOOD, but never gonna happen. :(

Booties

Banned
fun games with sometimesimepic tonight. so funny when he thought the guys we were playing with thought grifball was a joke. Turns out, they are dead. fucking. serious

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Would be SO GOOD, but never gonna happen. :(
Just sucks knowing that it's possible considering a modder did it, but Bungie just isn't going to make it happen. Hell I'd even take it as a custom game option that way it could at least be played in MLG.

You all know MLG would be the first to adopt it.

Raide

Plywood said:
Just sucks knowing that it's possible considering a modder did it, but Bungie just isn't going to make it happen. Hell I'd even take it as a custom game option that way it could at least be played in MLG.

You all know MLG would be the first to adopt it.

Bungie should just make a playlist for 1 week and see what happens.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Raide said:
Bungie should just make a playlist for 1 week and see what happens.
Most popular playlist, Bungie gets back players which migrated to BLOPs, someone cancels their WoW sub, people don't actually quit a match and actually actively play, Halo 3 bows to its new king, Halo 3 player base migrates to Reach.

zumphry

Banned
Plywood said:
You are like the 3rd person (me and someone else can't remember atm) have been wanting a Terminal remake since H3. I applaud your good taste.

'sup?

Oh, and Valhalla (I've caved and realized my love for BG was just nostalgia), Pit, Avalanche, Lockout (didn't they show off their own version in their Forge World trailer?), etc, etc. :(

xxjuicesxx said:
The very least they should title update the gmae to include the option to remove bloom in customs for MLG.

I'd like that (and possible use in Slayer Pro/Arena or something, I dunno). Though I highly doubt that'd ever happen. :/

GloveSlap

Even without bloom the guns would fire too fast, so they would have to be able to add a fixed rate of fire to the single shot guns. I don't think anything but a time machine could really fix the mechanics of the game at this point.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ZayneH said:
That would actually make it four as I think it may have been Zeouterlimits or someone else who rarely posts in the topic.
GloveSlap said:
Even without bloom the guns would fire too fast, so they would have to be able to add a fixed rate of fire to the single shot guns. I don't think anything but a time machine could really fix the mechanics of the game at this point.
The modder was able to adjust the rate of fire on the pistol so who knows.

This all could've been fixed if they would've returned the glorious H2 BR and if they really wanted they could've given it the zoom-in single shot.

Or when you first get Halo you should be stuck into a Team Training playlist until you're deemed competent to play Real Halo by Juices. :lol

Louis Wu

xxjuicesxx said:
Or when you first get Halo you should be stuck into a Team Training playlist until you're deemed competent to play Real Halo by Juices. :lol
rofl - glad that's not the case, cause I'd still be there. :lol

Ha I hit the weekly in one day of playing... too bad I hit it right when I hit the cap.

Blastin and relaxin' and the weekly wasted! Just my luck! :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't buy that if bloom were an option MLG would turn it off. V2 is wildly different from anything we've seen from MLG. Certainly not vanilla.

xxjuicesxx said:
Ha I hit the weekly in one day of playing... too bad I hit it right when I hit the cap.

Blastin and relaxin' and the weekly wasted! Just my luck! :lol

I was wary of that yesterday so I stopped playing at 990 kills. Got it today instead :D

Top Bottom