• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

More than a Handful - 1250cR
Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Light Fuse, Run Away - 1000cR
Kill 4 enemies with grenades in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Go Right Ahead Folks - 1250cR
Earn a First Strike in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
It looks like I have to play a lot multi-team today :/

Blueblur1

Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Decent payout.
Way too little cR.
Way way too little cR.
Way too much cR. Shoulda been like 800 since it's so easy to do.

Blueblur1

Daily Challenges:

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Decent payout.
Way too little cR. Like seriously. That should be like 2500 easily for the time and effort it takes.
Way too little cR.
Way too much cR. Shoulda been like 800 since it's so easy to do.

Gui_PT said:
Played my 1st game of Elite Slayer since the changes were implemented:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=411334730&player=Monolith Gui

Almost no one had Armor Lock. It was FUN! See Bungie? Now please remove AL =P
Wait a second? What were you playing? Elite Slayer is a totally mess. Everyone had picked up the loadout with the needler. Fu that shit! Please take out the needler as a start weapon. Gives us a "only Needler Rifle or Plasma Repeater"-loadouts...

Blue Ninja said:
Ziggurat made me sad. The other team had obviously already played the map, because they instantly knew where all the power weapons were. Good god, there's too many power weapons on that map. Remove the FRG and one of the Concussion Rifles, and then I'll reconsider.
Don't forget about the two Focus Rifles with a really short respawn timer that sit at the teleporter exits (although I rather enjoyed using them on the map). I didn't think Ziggurat was that bad of a map, even though our team lost. I don't really see what was special enough about it to warrant an inclusion into the playlist, but whatever. I'm sure I'll have a better opinion after a few play-throughs on the map, but right now it's a big old 'meh'.

Enclosed didn't really seem all that great either. I never felt the need to venture anywhere other than the top section; there is plenty of DMR ammo to be had and a quick hop down to the next level will give you a health pack, so you can get right back up top and into the action. I didn't really die enough to get a feel of the spawning, but I did notice some placement issues on Enclosed. The spawns on the bridge corners have you facing the railing, so you have to turn right away to move in one direction or another.

Since all the challenges today are focusing on Multiplayer, I guess I know where I'll be spending my time this evening.

Yea so I'm starting to feel like this bonus "jackpot" for not quitting is all bullshit.

I like never quit in Reach, seriously its a completely different game I almost feel its never neccesary like it was in H3 to just leave. So when the jackpots came out I got like 101, 308 or something, 777, and then like 7000something cR's. I haven't seen them though for the LONGEST time ever.

Recently I disconnected from a game from internet. Now I'm, getting 101, 308 and then I just got 972 jackpot... I'm starting to think you need to quit every now and then to actually see the bonuses of not leaving games.

This seem familiar to anyone else?

YAY after this game : http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=411373496&player=AnArmorLockHero

I get this:

Untitled-9.png

Oh feeling good today with these games so far.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea so I'm starting to feel like this bonus "jackpot" for not quitting is all bullshit.

I've been saying this since I got proof. It is bull. I got it the first game after I quit out of a game.

Quitting only means you don't get any jackpot payout at all and certainly no bonus. If you don't quit, you get the jackpot and have a chance to get the bonus. In the end, it's random, like a lottery. You have to be in it to win it.

LosDaddie

Banned
Other than Armor Lock, I don't get the hate some (most?) of you have for Reach.

I played about 6 games last night with friends and had a great time.

xxjuicesxx said:

I like never quit in Reach, seriously its a completely different game I almost feel its never neccesary like it was in H3 to just leave. So when the jackpots came out I got like 101, 308 or something, 777, and then like 7000something cR's. I haven't seen them though for the LONGEST time ever..

The most I ever got was the 777 cR jackpot :( Most are around 100 cR

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
OK I JUST got another ~370 jackpot. What the hell? Ever since I dropped a game I've been nailing them.

Didn't you see a few posts from yesterday? Everyone's getting jackpots like that.

All the jackpots I got today were >=350

Bungle people feel bad for not having the courage to remove AL, so they're giving us extra cR

Finished chapter one of Cryptum last night, and boy, color me hooked. Bear has introduced a number of interesting points that will definitely call on me to keep reading. New questions have been presented of which some will probably be answered later on in the book while the rest will be answered in the next two books.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
Finished chapter one of Cryptum last night, and boy, color me hooked. Bear has introduced a number of interesting points that will definitely call on me to keep reading. New questions have been presented of which some will probably be answered later on in the book while the rest will be answered in the next two books.

Don't read these spoilers. They will ruin it.

Again, spoilers for Cryptum. Read at your own risk. If you care or not.

But OMG!

• Forerunners destroyed the Precursors shocker!
  • Precursors unleashed the Flood as a bio-weapon against the Forerunners and all their creations
  • Ancient Human Spaceships!
  • Human-San'Shyuum alliance "defeating" the Flood
  • Human Anti-Flood bio-weapons

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol why would you even post them Dani? There's no real discussion even going on about the book yet...

Miggytronz

Dani said:

But OMG!

• Precursors unleashed the Flood as a bio-weapon against the Forerunners and all their creations

well damn.

During a bout of wicked insomnia Last night, I hopped into the community hopper, and I think I saw all of the new maps. Overall the quality is around a C or so I'd say, and each map has at least one serious issue, generally more. Many of them have the same flaws, too many power weapons, too many 45degree ramps, awkward jumps, sections with too few entrances/exits. Every map featured at least one "Jetpack asshole mountain" where a jetpacker could go, but no one else. Most had some serious spawning issues too.

Favorite: Obisdian. It plays like a combination of Ivory tower, and Hang em High. Fun combat around that long central platform, and some really cool cat and mouse in the tower. Clear, easy to understand layout, and it doesn't rely on too many 45 degree surfaces. Unfortunately, there's a jetpack asshole mountain on top of the tower, and the rockets are on a 30 second respawn. One guy in a game had 30 kills, 24 of them with the fucking rockets. WTF.

Most hated: Capacitor. Once a decent team gets sniper rifles on the outside ring it's over. The angles are too steep, and there's too much cover, while you start spawning into sniper fire. Some serious bullshit there.

Most wasted potential: Ziggurat. zipping around this map in a jetpack is just good fun. And the home bases are suprisingly fun. Too bad it has the worst weapon set of any Halo map ever. FRG? Seriously? And on top of that, 2 focus rifles, 2 pro pipes, 2 concussion rifles and a hammer? Games on this map just get silly. Spawning is terribad too.

Playing in this makes me want to get back into forge, I see so many things I did in my first map that are pretty terrible now, and I want to go back and fix it, and some things give me inspiration for my second map.

electricpirate said:
Most hated: Capacitor. Once a decent team gets sniper rifles on the outside ring it's over. The angles are too steep, and there's too much cover, while you start spawning into sniper fire. Some serious bullshit there.

Is that the map where the snipers get to shoot at people below them from cover that hides everything but their heads or is that Elevation?

Maybe most of the maps aren't worthy of full-time rotation into MM, but I enjoy having the option to try something different. If just one out of 20 turns out to be good then this playlist is doing what it is supposed to do.

I'm going to keep playing these maps simply for the fact that my least favorite maps on day one are frequently some of my favorites on day 30.

Bregmann Roche said:
Is that the map where the snipers get to shoot at people below them from cover that hides everything but their heads or is that Elevation?

Maybe most of the maps aren't worthy of full-time rotation into MM, but I enjoy having the option to try something different. If just one out of 20 turns out to be good then this playlist is doing what it is supposed to do.

I'm going to keep playing these maps simply for the fact that my least favorite maps on day one are frequently some of my favorites on day 30.
Exactly. I'm seeing this playlist as a chance for us as a whole to help decide what gets put into regular matchmaking. I've tested a lot of maps in my time at Forge Hub, and I played a lot of crap to get at the good stuff. This isn't really that different in that aspect.

Bregmann Roche said:

Elevation is the one with the mancannon that shoots you up through the one way door, and the areas where you can fall down to, but only a macannon will take you out of. I think it has like 4 snipers with less ammo or something crazy like that.

Capacitor has a big hole in the middle, ringed by tight walkways with full cover, and one sniper per side.

I dunno, the sniper never gave me trouble on elevation, but I could easily see it happening.

squidhands said:
Exactly. I'm seeing this playlist as a chance for us as a whole to help decide what gets put into regular matchmaking. I've tested a lot of maps in my time at Forge Hub, and I played a lot of crap to get at the good stuff. This isn't really that different in that aspect.

Speaking of which, Forgehub seems very angry about the map selections. :lol

I'm hoping that the creators can get a chance to tweak these maps based on community feedback. I feel a couple could be gems with the proper attention.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Wait, the Forge maps suck? Who didn't see that coming? The only (original, and it was basically a weaksauce midship) good thing to ever come out of Forge was Onslaught.

Thrust is a remake of that.

Sibylus

Banned
Dani said:

But OMG!

Sounds amazing.

My beef: Why the FUCK aren't they attempting to tell this in a game?!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:

Welcome to how books, especially a series of books, work.

xxjuicesxx said:
OK I JUST got another ~370 jackpot. What the hell? Ever since I dropped a game I've been nailing them.

Not the jackpot, the jackpot is "massive" that being 4 digits. Not 3.

They seem to have simply upped the slot machine regular payout.

Kuroyume

Banned
squidhands said:

The problem is that they'll decide what gets in other playlists based on voting data. It says so on that playlist screen that pops up when you play the game. So, that means that some of these shitty maps will make it in there anyway.

electricpirate said:
Elevation is the one with the mancannon that shoots you up through the one way door, and the areas where you can fall down to, but only a macannon will take you out of. I think it has like 4 snipers with less ammo or something crazy like that.

Capacitor has a big hole in the middle, ringed by tight walkways with full cover, and one sniper per side.

I dunno, the sniper never gave me trouble on elevation, but I could easily see it happening.

I haven't had a huge problem with snipers on Elevation it just feels awful as a player when you drop down into an area of the map only to discover that there is only one terrible way out. I'm not really sure that it creates a balance issue on the map... more of a fun issue.

Kuroyume said:
The problem is that they'll decide what gets in other playlists based on voting data. It says so on that playlist screen that pops up when you play the game. So, that means that some of these shitty maps will make it in there anyway.

That may happen, but then it is likely that voting data from THOSE playlists will be used to weed those bad maps back out again. I hope community slayer keeps seeing new maps rotated in and out on a monthly basis.

electricpirate said:
Speaking of which, Forgehub seems very angry about the map selections. :lol

I'm hoping that the creators can get a chance to tweak these maps based on community feedback. I feel a couple could be gems with the proper attention.
A lot of the Forge Hub community always seems to get extremely butthurt when anything that isn't their map is chosen to be in matchmaking. It reeks of superiority and I can't stand it.

Kuroyume said:
Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully the voting data is only half of what helps in the decision, the other half being the relatively intelligent feedback that Bungie will have to sift through. This only the early entries, and Bungie said that they were taken aback by the later, supposedly better entries. Fingers crossed that we'll see more than a couple of good maps ultimately come out of this.

Alienshogun said:
Welcome to how books, especially a series of books, work.
:lol :lol O making fun of dax never gets old!

Alienshogun said:
Not the jackpot, the jackpot is "massive" that being 4 digits. Not 3.

They seem to have simply upped the slot machine regular payout.

Damn , oh well they must have UPPED the payouts I just got another 720. I'm really liking this.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:
Wait, the Forge maps suck? Who didn't see that coming? The only (original, and it was basically a weaksauce midship) good thing to ever come out of Forge was Onslaught.

I'm amazed people thought Forge 1.1 would be any better than Halo 3s.

Far Cry 2 happened 2 years ago, y'all - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

Guess that's the Bungie Lack of Resources™ again. At least all that time and manpower not spent on Forge went to good use, like building many great multiplayer maps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
:lol :lol O making fun of dax never gets old!

Damn , oh well they must have UPPED the payouts I just got another 720. I'm really liking this.

Yeah, they did I didn't get a single double digit last night.

4 digits are the "massive ones," and how can it ever get old, he makes it so easy.

kylej said:
I'm amazed people thought Forge 1.1 would be any better than Halo 3s.

Far Cry 2 happened 2 years ago, y'all - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

Guess that's the Bungie Lack of Resources™ again. At least all that time and manpower not spent on Forge went to good use, like building many great multiplayer maps.

Seriously.

Arnie said:
Sweet dailies for today, going to have to sandwhich some playtime between now and the football. Going for all of them bar the grenade one.

1 game of multiteam for the grenade one bro.

Arnie

Sweet dailies for today, going to have to sandwhich some playtime between now and the football. Going for all of them bar the grenade one.

Bregmann Roche said:
I haven't had a huge problem with snipers on Elevation it just feels awful as a player when you drop down into an area of the map only to discover that there is only one terrible way out. I'm not really sure that it creates a balance issue on the map... more of a fun issue.

That may happen, but then it is likely that voting data from THOSE playlists will be used to weed those bad maps back out again. I hope community slayer keeps seeing new maps rotated in and out on a monthly basis.

Yea, My main issues with Elevation are those areas, and the silly jumps where you have to jump around the platform to get to the upper level. Overall, it's one of the stronger maps in the series, but it has some serious issues.

I don't think any of these would make it into MM in their current form, I'd imagine in a few weeks or a month they'll drop either some or all of the maps, and cycle in some fresh ones. A new batch would come in, and eventually at some point, the highest rated from this batch, will go against the highest rated from that batch. Repeat until a few really strong maps are identified.

electricpirate said:
Yea, My main issues with Elevation are those areas, and the silly jumps where you have to jump around the platform to get to the upper level. Overall, it's one of the stronger maps in the series, but it has some serious issues.

I don't think any of these would make it into MM in their current form, I'd imagine in a few weeks or a month they'll drop either some or all of the maps, and cycle in some fresh ones. A new batch would come in, and eventually at some point, the highest rated from this batch, will go against the highest rated from that batch. Repeat until a few really strong maps are identified.
I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed with the file search feature in Reach. It's only by tag, so if you didn't tag you map with the map's name (which no one seems to do), you'll never find it with the search. If there's another way that I'm missing, I'd love to know. I wanted to download all the maps before I played them, but I can't find any of them with the search. :-(

Sibylus

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Bah @ changes in Elite Slayer. Went -6. I want my Armor Lock + Needle back!
As a 24/7 Evade user (even before the change), I find your tears to be tastier than the nectar of heaven. Wahahaha!

Botolf said:
As a 24/7 Evade user (even before the change), I find your tears to be tastier than the nectar of heaven. Wahahaha!

As someone that used Armor Lock a ton in Elite Slayer let me say that I don't miss it one bit. This way is so much better. I wish they would do the same in normal slayer.

GhaleonEB

Botolf said:
Aye. Just did a game of Elite Slayer on Asylum - very fun - and it plays better now. A lot less armor locking going on, and the reduction is plasma grenades means there's less charge and stick action happening. Still chaotic and crazy, but there was a touch more order introduced.

I'm learning to love Multiteam. It's insanity, but with the right approach it's an amazingly target-rich game. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Aye. Just did a game of Elite Slayer on Asylum - very fun - and it plays better now. A lot less armor locking going on, and the reduction is plasma grenades means there's less charge and stick action happening. Still chaotic and crazy, but there was a touch more order introduced.

I'm learning to love Multiteam. It's insanity, but with the right approach it's an amazingly target-rich game. :lol

Especially during oddball/hot potato.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=402677404&player=AlienShogun

:lol

I literally spawned naded and armorlocked my way to a less than 15 second assist spree. :lol

GhaleonEB said:

If you can deal with the increased tempo and the occasional unfair death it can be an excellent source of pureHalofunTimes! I still think they should drop a team and since green team seems to have the worst initial spawns I say drop them. Bobby Kotick probably won't let Bungie get rid of anything green due to it being the color of money.

Top Bottom