• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dani said:
He's basically saying that Firefight is like a snack from the Campaign feast. Unearthed is a pretty sweet FF and does what it does very well, better than most of the other FF maps.

The quality of Unearthed and the work put into it can be viewed as an indicator of how they will treat future Halo games.

Right, I get that. Unearthed is a great FF map, but exactly separates it from other FF maps that it has to be called out as teasing what future Halo campaigns could be?

Dani said:
Cryptum Forerunner DLC

Science-Fiction-Legend-Greg-Bear-Set-to-Explore-the-Time-of-the-Forerunners_large.png

Link

This is as good a confirmation as we have got for future Reach DLC, but I'm surprised that it's gone largely ignored.

So, maps either based on locations from the first Forerunner novel or maps which include direct references to actions, persons or events in the novel.

One thing that's important to note, Defiant left us with a very distinct message for fans and that message is that the extended fiction is no longer off-limits when it comes to main game itself. Whilst Unearthed largely does its own thing, Highlands and Condemned both feature a rich colour of extended fiction paint. Most players will either not know or even care about where the maps came from but bookworms get that extra special nod.

I'm pretty confident that we'll see this trend continue due to the above quote and I'm pretty happy about it.

So what do you think we'll get? Remakes are possible. Invasion and Firefight maps are also possible. I would like to see a shift in focus to smaller, Arena style maps as Reach has a distinct lack of them so far.

Without spoiling the books, any particular locations you'd like to see or any particular remakes?

Two locations in particular I think would be sweet but there's no chance in hell we'll ever see would be:

EDOM - a volcanically active desert world home to the Forerunner miners. I would image the crust of the planet to be crisscrossed with scores of winding tunnels filled with powerful Forerunner machines processing the rock and soil.

CHARUM HAKKOR - an ancient Hub world which predates the Forerunners by millions of years. So many awesome things about this planet that would spoil the novel several times over by describing.

So much potential for future Halo play spaces.

Great find!

Striker

Ramirez said:
Maps are better than Reach, and bloom nullifies hitscan in pretty much every encounter. I just want a Halo 2 BR with hitscan and remakes of every good map across the franchise, call it Halo 2011 (MP Only), ship it. :p
Not sure they're better than Reach's batch, both games have their hits and misses. I mean, when your launch maps are consisting of Isolation, Epitaph, and Construct, it's not a good sign. I suspect we'll see more DLC. Would hope for a stellar Beaver Creek style map and a nice mid-sized map similar in the size of Terminal. Built for CTF and Assault, but can use 4v4 gametypes as well as BTB.

As for bloom, I'm not a fan nor a big enemy, but hitscan is necessary in Halo online MP. Without it you're left with the netcode depending on whether your shots are hitting. That's a poor excuse.

The Antitype said:
Agreed.

Halo 2 had the best BTB maps, but Halo 3 had the best mid-sized maps, IMO.
What do you mean by mid-sized? What maps in particular? Because I can't think of any that are better than Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Relic, and Terminal, which are essentially the premier mid-sized Halo maps.

Ramirez

Relic is mid sized? All I remember about Relic was some doucher getting on the rim of the island with the sniper and pretty much beating down anyone who dared poke their head out near them.

Dani said:
Cryptum Forerunner DLC

Link

This is as good a confirmation as we have got for future Reach DLC, but I'm surprised that it's gone largely ignored.

So, maps either based on locations from the first Forerunner novel or maps which include direct references to actions, persons or events in the novel.

One thing that's important to note, Defiant left us with a very distinct message for fans and that message is that the extended fiction is no longer off-limits when it comes to main game itself. Whilst Unearthed largely does its own thing, Highlands and Condemned both feature a rich colour of extended fiction paint. Most players will either not know or even care about where the maps came from but bookworms get that extra special nod.

I'm pretty confident that we'll see this trend continue due to the above quote and I'm pretty happy about it.

So what do you think we'll get? Remakes are possible. Invasion and Firefight maps are also possible. I would like to see a shift in focus to smaller, Arena style maps as Reach has a distinct lack of them so far.

Without spoiling the books, any particular locations you'd like to see or any particular remakes?

Two locations in particular I think would be sweet but there's no chance in hell we'll ever see would be:

EDOM - a volcanically active desert world home to the Forerunner miners. I would image the crust of the planet to be crisscrossed with scores of winding tunnels filled with powerful Forerunner machines processing the rock and soil.

CHARUM HAKKOR - an ancient Hub world which predates the Forerunners by millions of years. So many awesome things about this planet that would spoil the novel several times over by describing.

So much potential for future Halo play spaces.
Haven't we talked about that a few pages ago? Because it isn't a new news for me.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
For those thinking about getting Brink, Joystiq just trashed it in its review.

And Eurogamer/GT gave it a 8/7.9, why not post those as well?

That aside, reviewers are so terrible at FPS it's hard to know who take seriously. The Giantbomb quick look is embarrassing, Jeff complaining about how dumb the bots are but dying to them continuously. :|

Just so you babies don't pull a gears 3 beta complaint on me...go halo!

PNut

Banned
"In the first three games we didn't quite worry about scale so much in multiplayer; we just wanted the rooms to be fun, the ceilings high enough to jump in. "

-Chris Carney (from the Halo magazine about Reach Mutilplayer)

No shit? Well, why change that up in Reach? That's what made the MP maps fun in those games to begin with. You can't fix or improve something that isn't broken.

I see no reason to differentiate from what worked in the previous 3 games. Well, "we make games we like to play." Bullshit. I'm willing to bet that 95% of the people that worked on Reach aren't above Commander in Reach Multiplayer. Wouldn't bet against that in H2 or H3 though. I've always laughed when I've read that design philosophy. Do you know how many changes Jeremiah has made Reach MM post-release? Of course you do and I can barely keep track myself. He is trying, but it all seemed scripted after the beta launched.

True Halo MP will always be 1-50, amazing maps, objective gametypes, powerful vehicles that aren't wrecked by simple guns (unless hit in the gas tank), Master Chief, over-shield/inviz, EXP, Custom games (no one plays Customs in Reach, why?), and NO BLOOM.

I'm glad Bungie is moving on. Can Halo be saved by 343i? I just don't want to be stuck with a XBOX 720 and no real Halo to play.

Brink situation:

- Reviewers are played a 360 copy that doesn't have a much-needed graphic/network patch that comes out tomorrow.
- Reviewers are mostly playing offline with bots. Bots suck, end of story.

Ramirez

I really don't like how the framerate problems were just pushed through without addressing them. Zooming in on Asylum in Squad Battle makes the framerate drop to probably 10 or less, it's absurd and it happens on so many of the maps, not just forge world. Scale is worthless if the game can't keep up with the action...

wwm0nkey

Genesis Knight said:
Brink situation:

- Reviewers are played a 360 copy that doesn't have a much-needed graphic/network patch that comes out tomorrow.
- Reviewers are mostly playing offline with bots. Bots suck, end of story.

Ramirez said:

That aside, reviewers are so terrible at FPS it's hard to know who take seriously. The Giantbomb quick look is embarrassing, Jeff complaining about how dumb the bots are but dying to them continuously. :|

Joystiq usually has some valid opinions in its reviews. And I don't frequent the two sites you posted.

Also, Joystiq is in my Google Reader. It just popped up.

I'm definitely going to try the game myself. Don't worry. ;^)

Edit: I hate that Halo: Faith uses Facebook for its updates. I've missed the past few things that's been posted.

First look at Hunters (art).

Hunters in action (art).

Interview with Halo: Faith actor Ryan Memarzadeh

Halo: Faith is looking for visual effects artists

I just worked for 18 hours, so forgive me for not posting this on HBO. G'night.

Striker said:
What do you mean by mid-sized? What maps in particular? Because I can't think of any that are better than Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Relic, and Terminal, which are essentially the premier mid-sized Halo maps.

Ok, I was thinking of those maps as BTB maps. They were certainly the biggest of the bunch in Halo 2, weren't they?

Containment, Zanzibar, Relic, Terminal, Headlong -- I considered those BTB maps. True, in Halo 3 and Reach, they would all probably be considered mid-sized compared to Sandtrap, and the Reach's BTB maps.

Last Resort straddled the line between mid-sized and BTB for me in Halo 3. So High-Ground (which I loved for round-based objective games), Valhalla, Stand-Off, those would be the mid-sized maps I'm talking about.

To be honest, I loved pretty much ALL the DLC maps for Halo 3, regardless of size.

I didn't like Burial Grounds.

wwm0nkey

For those worried about Brink, got a free copy of it and just played about 2 hours....GREAT game, do not understand any complaints.

The Antitype said:
Ok, I was thinking of those maps as BTB maps. They were certainly the biggest of the bunch in Halo 2, weren't they?

Containment, Zanzibar, Relic, Terminal, Headlong -- I considered those BTB maps. True, in Halo 3 and Reach, they would all probably be considered mid-sized compared to Sandtrap, and the Reach's BTB maps.

Last Resort straddled the line between mid-sized and BTB for me in Halo 3. So High-Ground (which I loved for round-based objective games), Valhalla, Stand-Off, those would be the mid-sized maps I'm talking about.

To be honest, I loved pretty much ALL the DLC maps for Halo 3, regardless of size.

I didn't like Burial Grounds.

Orbital says hi.

lol

Steelyuhas said:
Orbital says hi.

lol

I barely played that one enough to form an opinion on it. From what I remember, it wasn't bad for objective-based games. Not great, though. Couldn't imagine playing slayer or anything on it.

Just thinking about what my favorite maps were from Halo3. Standoff was my all-time favorite map hands down. But the list of maps in Halo3 I enjoyed playing on most, in no particular order are Standoff, Citadel, Construct, Narrows, The Pit, Last Resort, and Rat's Nest (yeah i actually liked it). Passable maps were High Ground, Guardian, and Valhalla. Everything else was just meh. Oh yeah, most hated map: Sandtrap. Vehicles be damned!!

When I compare Halo3 maps to Reach maps, I can only think of a few Reach maps that I really get a kick out of playing on: Countdown, Sword Base, and Reflection. I have a hard time getting into Forgeworld maps, due to the same metallic textures everywhere. It can feel like I'm playing in black and white.

If I was comparing matchmaking maps from all the Halo games, this is how they would stand:

Halo:CE = Halo2 >> Halo3 > Halo:Reach

Deputy Moonman said:
Just thinking about what my favorite maps were from Halo3. Standoff was my all-time favorite map hands down. But the list of maps in Halo3 I enjoyed playing on most, in no particular order are Standoff, Citadel, Construct, Narrows, The Pit, Last Resort, and Rat's Nest (yeah i actually liked it). Passable maps were High Ground, Guardian, and Valhalla. Everything else was just meh. Oh yeah, most hated map: Sandtrap. Vehicles be damned!!

When I compare Halo3 maps to Reach maps, I can only think of a few Reach maps that I really get a kick out of playing on: Countdown, Sword Base, and Reflection. I have a hard time getting into Forgeworld maps, due to the same metallic textures everywhere. It can feel like I'm playing in black and white.

If I was comparing matchmaking maps from all the Halo games, this is how they would stand:

Halo:CE = Halo2 >> Halo3 > Halo:Reach

Mine would go:

Halo 2 (including DLC) >> Halo 3 (including DLC) = Halo: CE >> Halo: Reach

Ramirez said:

I've put in 5 hours into Brink. I'm really digging it, had a lot of lag in the first few matches but played at least 15 that were smooth. I've only been playing the co-op/comp-stomp mode to get a hang of the mechanics and unlock shit but as long as nothing overpowered or cheesy pops up in the competitive mode i think it'll be great.

I've been playing a light character whose fast pace may be hard to emulate on the controller but it feels very fast, tight, and fun.

Lake Minnetonka said:
I've put in 5 hours into Brink. I'm really digging it, had a lot of lag in the first few matches but played at least 15 that were smooth. I've only been playing the co-op/comp-stomp mode to get a hang of the mechanics and unlock shit but as long as nothing overpowered or cheesy pops up in the competitive mode i think it'll be great.

I've been playing a light character whose fast pace may be hard to emulate on the controller but it feels very fast, tight, and fun.

GReat to hear! :D

Ramirez said:
I kept waiting for something to happen, but that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back (40 I guess since I actually participated in that).
That wasn't the point. The whole game was fun and the way we tied it up in the end was awesome.

Kuroyume

Banned
PNut said:
I see no reason to differentiate from what worked in the previous 3 games.

They tried something different because it was getting stale. Many fans and reviewers were beginning to complain that the games started to feel like too much of the same and it began to get boring. You guys can sit here and whine and bitch about changes that were made but the fact is that the franchise really needed it... Well, some of it. Don't think it needed bloom or reduced movement speed and stuff like that. Now of course they can go back and do something closer to the previous games since we got something a bit more fresh this time around. I would like to see them go back and forth between something new and something classic with every new game that is created.

Last year - Halo Reach (something different)
Next year - Halo 4 (something like the classic games)
Year after that - Halo (something different)
Year after that - Halo 5 (something like the classic games)

That would be nice.

PNut said:
True Halo MP will always be 1-50, amazing maps, objective gametypes, powerful vehicles that aren't wrecked by simple guns (unless hit in the gas tank), Master Chief, over-shield/inviz, EXP, Custom games (no one plays Customs in Reach, why?), and NO BLOOM.

What a load of crap. First off, how are the vehicles in Reach not powerful? They've had to modify the maps to remove the tanks because they dominated games. The same goes for the Banshee. They can easily out maneuver firepower from the ground and they have a lock on fuel rod shot that's like a mini fucking nuke. Completely overpowered trash. The warthog was toned down compared to what it was in Halo 3 but it's still pretty damn powerful. I've seen people rack up a few kills with it in games. Do they dominate the game anymore like in Halo 3 where two douchebags can stay in one the entire game just spawn raping everyone who spawns in the open? No, and that's the way it should be. I don't understand how powerful vehicles became a core aspect of Halo MP. That shit didn't exist in Halo 2 which for many is considered the definitive Halo MP game.

PNut said:
I'm glad Bungie is moving on. Can Halo be saved by 343i? I just don't want to be stuck with a XBOX 720 and no real Halo to play.

I doubt it. 343i will probably spend more time paying attention to the fictional details of the game than they will on the multiplayer. Also, the problem with the recent Halo games is that they bite more than they can chew.

Single Player
Multiplayer
Co-op
Forge
Theater
Firefight
Armory
Website
etc

Just way too much crap. They were a huge team but when you consider how they had to incorporate multiplayer maps into the campaign instead of creating new original spaces it makes you think that perhaps they couldn't handle it all. Btw, I totally don't believe that that they made the maps first for multiplayer and then put them in campaign. It absolutely feels like it's the other way around. Also, didn't the game ship with less maps than the previous games?

343 should remove Firefight. Forget about the Armory. Forget about Forge. Just get back to the basics. Single player campaign and a robust multiplayer. Include a lot of maps that look like they were created specifically for multplayer.

Ramirez said:
I really don't like how the framerate problems were just pushed through without addressing them. Zooming in on Asylum in Squad Battle makes the framerate drop to probably 10 or less, it's absurd and it happens on so many of the maps, not just forge world. Scale is worthless if the game can't keep up with the action...

Absolutely one of the most disappointing things in this game... Just zoom in with the sniper in the reduced gravity area on Condemned when a few people are fighting there. It runs at like 15 frames per second or something like that. It's inexcusable.

Domino Theory said:

arstechnica said:
Halo’s single-player campaign was nothing to write home to Earth about.
Say what now?!

For serious aficionados of the first-person shooter looking for a next-gen upgrade to Goldeneye, the space battles in Halo—which pit Master Chief and his Spartan comrades against aliens known as the Covenant—proved irresistible.
Which ones were those?

Two of the Defiant maps, which were created in partnership with Dallas developer Certain Affinity, are straightforward, competitive battlefields drawn from places referenced elsewhere in Halo lore.
I thought they were based here in Austin. Love how this guy reduces Wu to a "fan-watcher". You old pervert!

Really poorly written article from someone who apparently hasn't played any of the games. As an article for Halo nerds, it missed it's mark by a mile. bleh

Kuroyume said:
343 should remove Firefight. Forget about the Armory. Forget about Forge. Just get back to the basics. Single player campaign and a robust multiplayer. Include a lot of maps that look like they were created specifically for multplayer.
lol.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Kuroyume said:
They tried something different because it was getting stale. Many fans and reviewers were beginning to complain that the games started to feel like too much of the same and it began to get boring.

Quote me numerous sources from respected publications with this specific complaint in respect to Halo 2 or 3. The vast majority didn't think Halo was getting stale, far from it. Do you harbour the same delusions about Call of Duty in this respect?

Kuroyume said:
343i will probably spend more time paying attention to the fictional details of the game than they will on the multiplayer.

Stupid assumption.

Kuroyume said:
They were a huge team but when you consider how they had to incorporate multiplayer maps into the campaign instead of creating new original spaces it makes you think that perhaps they couldn't handle it all. Btw, I totally don't believe that that they made the maps first for multiplayer and then put them in campaign. It absolutely feels like it's the other way around. Also, didn't the game ship with less maps than the previous games?

Are you not aware of the fact that much of the core talent at Bungie weren't even working on Reach? A significant portion of the studio has been working on the new IP since Halo 3 shipped and did not work on Reach. Reach doesn't represent Bungie working at full capacity, far from it.

The other thing about the multiplayer maps, well they conceded that one or two of the maps were originally campaign spaces as you suggested, but the majority weren't. Some of those multiplayer maps were obviously shoehorned into the campaign, not the other way around, it shows. Look at Reflection.

Kuroyume said:

Player investment isn't going away, ever. Neither is Firefight or Forge.

Dax01 said:
That wasn't the point. The whole game was fun and the way we tied it up in the end was awesome.

Yea body running flags is SUPERRRRR. Please Ram tore it up with host and you guys barely managed a body run cap at the end. Greatest game ever? Try boring, bad setting, bad GAF custom.

Even though you whored the hell out of vehicles (39 kills) and grenades (12 kills) to our 26/5 respectively you still couldn't push up and manage a real flag cap because of my awesome defense.

Try and get on my level GAF. 21 assists. Remember when those things worked!? You know in the last 3 games they made and then managed to fuck them up.

Kuroyume

Banned
Dani said:
Quote me numerous sources from respected publications with this specific complaint in respect to Halo 2 or 3. The vast majority didn't think Halo was getting stale, far from it. Do you harbour the same delusions about Call of Duty in this respect

You do the work.

As for COD, I don't play those games. I've never owned one. As far as I'm aware though COD4 mixed things up a bit which is why the series exploded after that game.

Dani said:
Stupid assumption.

You're stupid.

Dani said:
Are you not aware of the fact that much of the core talent at Bungie weren't even working on Reach? A significant portion of the studio has been working on the new IP since Halo 3 shipped and did not work on Reach. Reach doesn't represent Bungie working at full capacity, far from it.

The other thing about the multiplayer maps, well they conceded that one or two of the maps were originally campaign spaces as you suggested, but the majority weren't. Some of those multiplayer maps were obviously shoehorned into the campaign, not the other way around, it shows. Look at Reflection.

The core talent wasn't even working on Reach? I don't even understand what that means. Don't really care if it's core talent or not. I don't even recall how many people were working on the new IP at the time but the Reach credits go on for like 15 minutes so I'm pretty fucking sure a lot of people worked on Reach.

Yeah, no shit? Reflection was a Halo 2 map. If by some you mean one then sure.

Dani said:
Player investment isn't going away, ever. Neither is Firefight or Forge.

I'm not saying it will. I'm saying it should. Better to have people focusing on multiplayer which is the meat of the game than focusing on something like Firefight which only has like 400 legitimate fans in the world. If that playlist didn't give cR (and so generously) then it would be smaller than objective.

Kuroyume said:
I'm not saying it will. I'm saying it should. Better to have people focusing on multiplayer which is the meat of the game than focusing on something like Firefight which only has like 400 legitimate fans in the world. If that playlist didn't give cR (and so generously) then it would be smaller than objective.
You have a bright career at Fox News with statements like this. Bravo.

Dani said:
Indeed. I'd take recoil or bullet spread over bloom any day.
Really? Bullet spread was like, the worst thing ever. I can hit people much more reliably with the pistol and rifle in Reach than in Halo 3. Aiming at the neck or even chest to get headshots was silly. Pointing my Carbine dead-center at a jackal-in-a-tree's head only to have it miss was mind-boggling.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Kuroyume said:
You do the work.

I have. I've read the majority of reviews from various publications. Eurogamer to GamePro, IGN to Edge.

Edge ODST Review said:
This is Halo. The near-perfect weapon balance, fantastic enemy AI, attention to level geography and gigantic tear-ups with hordes of nasty aliens are all here, a timely reminder of just how brilliant that basic formula still is.

Eurogamer Halo 3 Review said:
For what it is, it's hard to find fault with Halo's online play. It doesn't set out to be all things to all men, but what it does set out to do - namely, to provide an extremely fast-paced online FPS with a huge range of different match options - it does flawlessly. What more can you ask from a game?

IGN Halo 3 Review said:
this series remains the most fun first-person shooter on the planet

GamePro ODST Review said:
Get ready for the best Halo game yet

GameSpot Halo 2 Review said:
Given that the fundamentals of Halo 2's gameplay are so outstanding

No one was getting bored of Halo's traditional gameplay, except you and the extreme minority like you.

You are making stuff up.

Ramirez

Ars-technia or w/e and Joystiq are two of the worst game sites on the internet, I was reading the AT Halo 3 review last night after their Brink article and the choice quote of something along the lines of "It's sad some people are buying this for single player only". He went on to say how the campaign on NORMAL was only 8 hours long and that was just because he got stuck several times due to some stymie gameplay. How does someone who gets paid to play games and review them get stuck on normal Halo campaign, the game practically plays itself on normal.

Now I'm not saying the low scores of Brink aren't justifiable or anything, it's just that I have such a hard time taking any reviewer seriously when I see them getting killed by bots over and over, and getting stuck on normal difficulty Halo.

Oh and wasn't Joystiq a banned site on GAF for a while?

Also guy their is a Brink thread you know. :/

I knew it wouldn't take long. Look, this thread hardly ever stays on topic, and a few posts about a new game that some people might think about picking up is hardly a detriment to this thread. If anything I see this thread as it's own little community, and a lot of us have been playing together for a long time, I see nothing wrong with people discussing possibly picking it up to play together, it's not as if your regularly scheduled FF stories won't resume in a matter of a couple of posts, if it bothers you that much put these thread derailers on ignore, good grief.

neoism

Wow lol Some people actually want less modes, in the next Halo. WTF. smh. If so they should just buy Halo 2 on PC and never look back. There is no way H4 will not have to most modes, and game-play variety in the series. The only thing it needs really is make sure it has at least 15 real maps at launch, + the Forge 3.0 stuff.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
I have. I've read the majority of reviews from various publications. Eurogamer to GamePro, IGN to Edge.

No one was getting bored of Halo's traditional gameplay, except you and the extreme minority like you.

You are making stuff up.
This was posted a couple days ago, but it applies to him more than anyone I've seen in the thread.

Willeth said:
Dear HaloGAF,

I saw this and thought of you.

Love,
Me
Ramirez said:
I knew it wouldn't take long. Look, this thread hardly ever stays on topic, and a few posts about a new game that some people might think about picking up is hardly a detriment to this thread. If anything I see this thread as it's own little community, and a lot of us have been playing together for a long time, I see nothing wrong with people discussing possibly picking it up to play together, it's not as if your regularly scheduled FF stories won't resume in a matter of a couple of posts, if it bothers you that much put these thread derailers on ignore, good grief.
Sensitive much? :lol

Ramirez

Firefight as it is now, is a completely boring and forgettable experience (as is Horde mode), if they don't actually flesh the idea out for the next game, I wouldn't care if it came back. (It will)

What I would like to see is some type of L4D structure where you go through actual levels and the "director" makes a different scenario every time based on how good you're doing. You could also extend this into a true FF VS mode as well, letting people pick from any of the races, letting the Hunter be the tank like character, could be really awesome.

As it is now, you just sit on some ledge and pick enemies off from miles away, or run away and exploit the AI (which Ghaleon has admitted to doing since he knows their tendencies so well), and quite frankly I just don't see how that is a compelling gametype for a 3rd game with no drastic change to it.

How does that make me sensitive exactly? You guys make these little whiny posts about how there's a GOW3 thread and a Brink thread if someone even mentions another game in a post, yet I'm the sensitive one? Ok.

The only publication i ever agree with is Edge, they are the only one's that seem to understand the halo franchise, highlighting the positive's and negative's with such mastery.

They have been right each and everytime in my case.

Ramirez said:
Firefight as it is now, is a completely boring and forgettable experience (as is Horde mode), if they don't actually flesh the idea out for the next game, I wouldn't care if it came back. (It will)

I wouldn't say boring but i agree with you in saying that it is completely forgettable. For the record ODST firefight remains untouched (in games with similiar modes aswell). The vulnerability of the odst's + Invincible brute chieftans= unforgettable.

No, actually that kinda shit like "You know there is a (GoW3, CoD, Brink, Whatever) game thread is retarded and detrimental to us game players and game developers. NeoGAF is a community of gamers, HaloGAF is a community of gamers within that population that yes play Halo together (sometimes) but years later they develop friendships within that group and may venture to discuss many other things such as society has been doing forever, regarding relationships.

Hell in arguing or analyzing two different games and their differences in how they play and so on, and how players experiences and emotions differ between the two might eventually be helpful to create a better game. Its this kind of discussion the gaming community actually needs. As long as we are able to hold ourselves at a mature level.

Its actually sad in a way that the mods frown upon this. Its very unprogressive for such a progressive forum, but I don't expect much less from the draconian moderation that is allowed to run rampant in this forum. This coming from someone who's been banned 3 times, and 2 of them were pretty unjust and hardly broke any written rule but were rather deemed inappropriate by a personal unnamed anonymous player.

I feel we should be allowed to voice our opinions about other games in moderation here, besides that kinda talk only lasts for a bit. Why not enjoy it?

Here here.

Ramirez

xxjuicesxx said:
No, actually that kinda shit like "You know there is a (GoW3, CoD, Brink, Whatever) game thread is retarded and detrimental to us game players and game developers. NeoGAF is a community of gamers, HaloGAF is a community of gamers within that population that yes play Halo together (sometimes) but years later they develop friendships within that group and may venture to discuss many other things such as society has been doing forever, regarding relationships.

Hell in arguing or analyzing two different games and their differences in how they play and so on, and how players experiences and emotions differ between the two might eventually be helpful to create a better game. Its this kind of discussion the gaming community actually needs. As long as we are able to hold ourselves at a mature level.

Its actually sad in a way that the mods frown upon this. Its very unprogressive for such a progressive forum, but I don't expect much less from the draconian moderation that is allowed to run rampant in this forum. This coming from someone who's been banned 3 times, and 2 of them were pretty unjust and hardly broke any written rule but were rather deemed inappropriate by a personal unnamed anonymous player.

I feel we should be allowed to voice our opinions about other games in moderation here, besides that kinda talk only lasts for a bit. Why not enjoy it?

Here here.

AFK watching Dax's video of me pooping on your team. (totally off host, lawl)

Top Bottom