• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB said:
Such as:

O'Donnell did say the new game wouldn't be radically different from "Halo," which could mean another action game is in the works. "We're always about evolving things," he said. "It wouldn't make sense for us to think about a (radical) departure."​

Halo: Combat Evolved HD Remake for XBLA. It will be called Jalo: Combat Evolving to avoid any infringement on Microsoft's franchise.

"The definitive Jalo, made by the people who created Jalo."

ncsuDuncan said:
Halo: Combat Evolved HD Remake for XBLA. It will be called Jalo: Combat Evolving to avoid any infringement on Microsoft's franchise.

"The definitive Jalo, made by the people who created Jalo."
Starring Jennifer Lopez as Master Chief?

GhaleonEB said:
Such as:

O'Donnell did say the new game wouldn't be radically different from "Halo," which could mean another action game is in the works. "We're always about evolving things," he said. "It wouldn't make sense for us to think about a (radical) departure."​
I hope they evolve the Chopper back in the sandbox.

Deputy Moonman said:
Starring Jennifer Lopez as Master Chief?
Her ass is the ancient Forerunner weapon that can destroy us all.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
squidhands said:
I hope they evolve the Chopper back in the sandbox.

Her ass is the ancient Forerunner weapon that can destroy us all.
Or deliver our salvation!

GhaleonEB said:
Such as:

Interesting. So it's probably some kind of FPS (as if we didn't suspect that already).

GhaleonEB said:
Such as:

Like Halo: Reach :-/

Dax01 said:
Interesting. So it's probably some kind of FPS (as if we didn't suspect that already).

Eh, all kidding aside I just interpreted that as meaning "Bungie isn't working on a game in the dance/racing/puzzle/etc. genre." So not necessarily an FPS, but certainly an action game that would appeal to the same FPS crowd they've catered to for the past 10 years.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ncsuDuncan said:
Eh, all kidding aside I just interpreted that as meaning "Bungie isn't working on a game in the dance/racing/puzzle/etc. genre." So not necessarily an FPS, but certainly an action game that would appeal to the same FPS crowd they've catered to for the past 10 years.

On that basis, you can be confident that it's sci-fi. Bungie wouldn't make a generic Medal of Dutyfield.

Dani said:
On that basis, you can be confident that it's sci-fi. Bungie wouldn't make a generic Medal of Dutyfield.
Really? It could be a game that plays before 1900 etc. But I think, too, that the next bungie title will be a sci-fi game again.

Big hopes here that they stick with sci-fi + shooting from the first person perspective. Also, wouldn't it be great if they could make a world that was always there for you?

dyslexia edit & \/\/ lol

feel

Ramirez said:
I'm sorry ZOL, but if I can endure the extreme stupidity of [redacted] for weeks, a passing comment about a game coming out is not the end of the world.
I don't think I've apologized enough for that to you guys, so again: so so so sorry.

A27_StarWolf said:
What makes Lake's opinion so much more important?

N00B's is angry because of the way Lake treats people. He constantly uses tactics of belittling anyone who disagrees with him, and furthermore tries to discredit them by getting them to rage.

Sad thing, is he is quite good at it. I'm sure plenty of people don't like me here, I'm a junior, I can be a bit polarizing as well. Regardless I don't see those people putting my opinions and beliefs down. Sure, people don't agree with them, and they tell me, but they are not going around spouting about horrible a Halo player I am, or how I'm absolutely crazy for having an opinion that differs from their own.

/white knight

tl;dr

stfu and play some halo :D
I'll go play some Squad Slayer so I pull my K/D up to a 1.5 so I can tell Lake he's a pompous ass and have him respect my opinion that he is a pompous ass.

GhaleonEB

HiredN00bs said:
I'll go play some Squad Slayer so I pull my K/D up to a 1.5 so I can tell Lake he's a pompous ass and have him respect my opinion that he is a pompous ass.
Good luck with that. Just ignore him, it's a schtick many years running.
HiredN00bs said:
Obviously I wasn't being sincere about earning his respect--to the contrary, at this point, he'll have to earn mine. The point of that statement is that saying "I don't respect other players' opinions if they don't meet [statistic x]" is self-evident pompous assery.
Oh, I got that. Just wanted to be as clear as possible that yes, it's an objective of his to troll users. :)

GhaleonEB said:
Good luck with that. Just ignore him, it's a schtick many years running.
Obviously I wasn't being sincere about earning his respect--to the contrary, at this point, he'll have to earn mine. The point of that statement is that saying "I don't respect other players' opinions if they don't meet [statistic x]" is self-evident pompous assery.

HiredN00bs said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6313127/bungie-aerospace-trademarks-crimson

Could Bungie Aerospace's purpose be building a cross-platform online infrastructure? I ask because:

1) No one's done it well, the closest being FFXI maybe? I've never played it, but I've read that Square's system was wonky.

2) Bungie has pioneered online matchmaking techniques in the past. This seems like a logical step forward.
First of all, you're welcome, Gamespot. lol

Secondly, it's been my belief that Bungie is working on a cross-platform MMO. It's the only way an MMO for the console would survive and generate revenue.

HiredN00bs said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6313127/bungie-aerospace-trademarks-crimson

Could Bungie Aerospace's purpose be building a cross-platform online infrastructure? I ask because:

1) No one's done it well, the closest being FFXI maybe? I've never played it, but I've read that Square's system was wonky.

2) Bungie has pioneered online matchmaking techniques in the past. This seems like a logical step forward.

This has always sort of been my bet. It could even make sense in the fiction of the game, if it is indeed a space-based MMO-ish property. The corporate structure of EVE without all the spreadsheets?

Aerospace is also quite possibly the new Bungie.net.

/speculation off

Hitmonchan107 said:
First of all, you're welcome, Gamespot. Geez.

Secondly, it's been my belief that Bungie is working on a cross-platform MMO. It's the only way an MMO for the console would survive and generate revenue.
Just curious if you're inferring a subscription model here. Cross platform support would indeed increase the install base/ sales based revenue but when it comes to survival of an MMO, long term, are there many other options? I think it would be a hard sell, personally.

Account Attempt #4 said:
Just curious if you're inferring a subscription model here. Cross platform support would indeed increase the install base/ sales based revenue but when it comes to survival of an MMO, long term, are there many other options? I think it would be a hard sell, personally.
That's what I was referring to.

A single-console MMO couldn't compete with a PC model.

I think it's the reason Bungie signed with Activision Blizzard -- they have the resources, knowledge and capacity for an ambitious project like that.

MrBig said:
I'm still betting on 1960's scifi.

If you go further back in history it could essentially be Firefly the game. They have already got Nathan Fillian to do one voice over. :)

A firefly game would probably suck. :(

By the way if Starwolf and Lake ever do this 1v1 it really should just be them, random spectators would just mess up the spawns, lag the game up and be a distraction.

HiredN00bs said:
I've obviously upset you and for that I'm sincerely sorry. Had I know how sensitive you were I would have never mentioned how idiotic your opinion was.

Can we start over? Add me on XBL, GT: lakeminatonka
We'll play some firefight, hand in hand, skipping through waves of covenant soldiers.

Lake Minnetonka said:
I've obviously upset you and for that I'm sincerely sorry. Had I know how sensitive you were I would have never mentioned how idiotic your opinion was.

We'll play some firefight, hand in hand, skipping through waves of covenant soldiers.
Don't mistake my intolerance for assholes as sensitivity.

Go ahead and shoot me a friend request, though: HiredN00bs

Lake Minnetonka said:
ItsATrap.jpg
HiredN00bs said:
Don't mistake my intolerance for assholes as sensitivity.
I find the best way to deal with Minnie is just assume it really is Prince. It makes the arrogance amusing and you can just move on to the actual Halo discussion.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I think it's the reason Bungie signed with Activision Blizzard -- they have the resources, knowledge and capacity for an ambitious project like that.
I'm still not convinced it will be an MMO. You'd think Activision would be wary of that with Blizzard already running Warcraft and working on Titan (whatever that is.)

Hitmonchan107 said:
We should make a HaloGAF bracket.
Lake Minnetonka vs. A27_StarWolf
Lake Minnetonka vs. HiredN00bs
Lake Minnetonka vs. Any junior that takes Minnie too seriously.

Not a very exciting bracket...

ncsuDuncan said:
I'm still not convinced it will be an MMO. You'd think Activision would be wary of that with Blizzard already running Warcraft and working on Titan (whatever that is.)
What if it was a cross-platform console-only MMO? Activision would be at the top of the MMO pile on both consoles and PC.

ncsuDuncan said:
Lake Minnetonka vs. A27_StarWolf
Lake Minnetonka vs. HiredN00bs
Lake Minnetonka vs. Any junior that takes Minnie too seriously.

Not a very exciting bracket...
I was picturing everyone that's actively on the forum. Just for fun. :^)

Thermite

21bj67a.gif

Hitmonchan107 said:
What if it was a cross-platform console-only MMO? Activision would be at the top of the MMO pile on both consoles and PC.
How do we know that isn't Blizzard's Titan? :p
Blizzard on consoles, LOL

I see what you're getting at, it would certainly be neat. I just get the feeling that somewhere behind closed doors Bungie is laughing at the baseless MMO rumors while they play Gnop 2.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Yeah, I know ;)
That would actually be cool, as long as it stayed friendly and fun. I'm sure a few people would still take it too seriously and turn it into a competition. I'm just happy to play in customs when I get the chance (looking forward to this week's.)

ncsuDuncan said:
ItsATrap.jpg

... just assume it really is Prince. It makes the arrogance amusing and you can just move on to the actual Halo discussion.
"Prince" always posts with this look on his face.
irGFY.gif

Edited for on topic: last night I had about 20 minutes available to try for some challenges, so when G'pocolypse popped up I smiled. Game starts and I get called away. Damn. Quit out. I come back a few minutes later and jump back in, get the same game type and manage to get all 120 kills for the challenge, AND a 3000 cR slot machine. I should quit more often, amirite :D ? Over 5k payout in all for the one game. The gods smiled on me.

ncsuDuncan said:
I find the best way to deal with Minnie is just assume it really is Prince. It makes the arrogance amusing and you can just move on to the actual Halo discussion.

that is great advice, to be fair though, he brings up good points

Mazer Rackham said:
that is great advice, to be fair though, he brings up good points
I meant the actual Halo discussion within his posts. Sometimes those points are hard to separate from the arrogance/trolling, but I don't just ignore every post Minnie makes.
Yet.

Also, fyi I'll be playing Reach tonight around 9pm-12am EST. I think Hypertrooper might join around 11pm. Come play.

Lake Minnetonka said:

I love how serious a simple 1v1 is being taken.

aslo: http://masterchiefbde.ytmnd.com/

From Jaime Griesemer's design blog

If the Sniper Rifle is not only the best weapon at long range, but players are carrying it indoors and using it against vehicles, it needs to be constrained.

Completely out of context, I know. (He's talking about Halo 3 anyways.) I just chuckled to myself when reading it. I really don't like how good the Reach sniper is against vehicles.

Not trying to twist Jaime's words or anything, I just found it to be an unintentionally amusing sentence.

Nutter

Hitmonchan107 said:

Isnt that what Customs are for?

If its going to be a bracket; People will take the games seriously, but as ram said last time he did that for Halo 3, people did not even bother showing up for the games. But in all honesty if there ever was a In GAF Halo Bracket tourney people would complain about the teams being stacked because of how people will want to play with folks they have been playing with for years.

AKA Team ThermaBudtashomletJesus > *

I say we do Forum Matches!

ncsuDuncan said:
From Jaime Griesemer's design blog

Completely out of context, I know. (He's talking about Halo 3 anyways.) I just chuckled to myself when reading it. I really don't like how good the Reach sniper is against vehicles.

Not trying to twist Jaime's words or anything, I just found it to be an unintentionally amusing sentence.

In Halo 3 the only way to effectively use it against vehicles was to snipe people out of them, which was awesome and was something I loved doing all the way back to Halo 1. As for the fact that people used them inside that was also awesome. Halo isnt particularly realistic, and so toning down the Sniper would have really annoyed me.

I respect the guy but I have to say that I disagree with his critisms of the Sniper.

Of course with Reach they went the opposite way and instead of toning down the Sniper they just put it on easy mode pretty much taking out all the satisfaction of using it lol.

Top Bottom