• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

MrBig said:
I wouldn't be able to play without the weight of them. The wired controller is already light enough, it would just be unnerving to me for it be any lighter. I even added a metal weight to my mouse.

I cannot even use the wired controllers at all because they are so light. I need some weight to my controller.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need rumble, I depend on it. Whenever I haven't played with rumble, I don't react fast enough to being shot.

Tashi0106 said:
I need rumble, I depend on it. Whenever I haven't played with rumble, I don't react fast enough to being shot.

Basically how I feel. The rumble is just another form of feedback that helps me. Rumble is not nearly strong enough to affect my aim in my opinion.

zumphry

Banned
FyreWulff said:

Donated ($7.77, :lol). Started watching right at the credits of Halo 2.

ncsuDuncan said:
Yeah I saw that too. HaloGAF, here's what we're talking about:
http://i54.tinypic.com/34j4q4p.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/11aie4z.jpg

Hmm. Curiouser and Curiouser. T-shirts look really cool, though. Love the (somewhat) minimalist designs that I've been seeing so far (like The Ancients posters) for Aerospace and Destiny.

Also couldn't find Jason Jones at first. Looks like since he's been hanging around Marty for so long, he's also caught "the old".

Tashi0106 said:
it mainly affects me when I'm sniping. if I get knocked out of scope, the rumble affects how far the reticule goes when I react

thezerofire said:
it mainly affects me when I'm sniping. if I get knocked out of scope, the rumble affects how far the reticule goes when I react

I would like to see that tested. I almost want to say it is all in your head.

A27_StarWolf said:
I would like to see that tested. I almost want to say it is all in your head.
it probably is, but a placebo effect is still an effect, right? I just found myself doing better in Halo 3 once I turned it off and it's been pretty good for me so far.

thezerofire said:
it probably is, but a placebo effect is still an effect, right? I just found myself doing better in Halo 3 once I turned it off and it's been pretty good for me so far.
I guess some of us are more gifted mentally than others :D

Hey You

BTB All Stars playlist is up.

Edit: God damn it Bungie, BTB Snipers on fucking Wayont? I hope whoever manages the playlists actually thinks things through.

MrBig

Tunavi said:
I wish Halo PC didn't have a horrible netcode. I can't seem to hit anyone when I play.

RIP grandpa
Blame MS and Bungie wanting to support 56K. Gearbox was just going to use their current model but were told differently.

GhaleonEB

I tossed together what I'm hoping to see from the Firefight map included with CEA.

There are a lot of possibilities, and I'm really hoping to see at least a few of the ones I run through incorporated.

kylej

Banned
urkles.png

"the Bungie.net ----?"

Fix that typo, Urkdawg.

GhaleonEB said:
I tossed together what I'm hoping to see from the Firefight map included with CEA.

There's a lot of possibilities, and I'm really hoping to see at least a few of the ones I run through incorporated.
Oh my, this just put the fear of god into me. Why must my cynical mind draw the most dire of conclusions. I hope we get the Warthog, but we probably will get the rocket hog :(

I'm just saying it so it doesn't happen.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

Final Firefight

There are a lot of possibilities, and I'm really hoping to see at least a few of the ones I run through incorporated.

As much as I'd love to see a regular Warthog on a Firefight map, I still can't get the thought of a Flamethrower Hog out of my head. Or how about a regular Warthog that shoots out bullets normally, but those bullets are flame bullets?!

Tawpgun

The hell? I played 5 games of Invasion where is it? :/

EDIT: Nevermind. If I'm in a party of people who can't play it, it won't load.
Tunavi said:
I wish Halo PC didn't have a horrible netcode. I can't seem to hit anyone when I play.

RIP grandpa

lrn 2 lead scrub.

I wish I could play with you to dong on Halo PC again.

Detox

Calm down guys bloom has been in Halo since the original. Sage was hired as the lead designer because nobody at Bungie could devise a way to actually show the player what was going on. I will be extremely disappointed if Halo CEA removes Sage's formula to accurately represent bloom to the player.

MrBig

Detox said:
Calm down guys bloom has been in Halo since the original. Sage was hired as the lead designer because nobody at Bungie could devise a way to actually show the player what was going on. I will be extremely disappointed if Halo CEA removes Sage's formula to accurately represent bloom to the player.
All Halo games have had spread, just not to the extant of Reach.

Kuroyume

Banned
That right there is what makes the pistol nerf so goddamn frustrating. Just way to fuck everything up. Nerf the pistol and beef up the stupid bullet hose that already had sniper range. Typical Bungie.

GhaleonEB said:

Great article, Ghal. Solid suggestions. That rockethog video is painful to watch. Such a terrible vehicle against infantry, you're better off just hopping in the passenger seat with an AR. Hell, it's not that great against ground vehicles either, unless you're at point blank range or stationary.

GhaleonEB said:

Ghal, You threw a bone of joy to me. I try to get it. But I'm not sure if I get it. I hope 343i will give me the bone.
I hope the metaphor works
The idea of the 3-sides Firefight is so awesome.I want to play it. now. right now. And I totally agree about the hog and that the new firefight map needs a solo-vehicle like a Revenant or Ghost/Banshee. It would be great to see a Falcon in a Firefight game, but then the map needs a lot of banshees or Anti-air enemies on the ground.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Detox said:
Except the part where it effectively gimps precision weapons because they want AR kids to get kills without even aiming.

:|

Yes I am bitter.

Detox said:
Wait, what? When you watch that AR video, all you see is us complaining about bloom?

Seriously, that video makes me never want to play an AR starts gametype ever again.

Detox

Thank you for posting the video proving my point. People don't understand that Sage Merrill has emancipated us from the lying, cheating piece of scum reticule in previous Halo games. However to be fair to the previous designers of Halo games when the original came out we were all whiny 12 year olds and didn't care for such petty things. Thank God, the sun, stars and moon that Bungie realised that we would no longer accept this kind of fake, inaccurate reticule especially in the HD generation where everything is much clearer. What we need to accept is Halo is bloom and bloom is Halo.

MrBig

Detox said:
Thank you for posting the video proving my point. People don't understand that Sage Merrill has emancipated us from the lying, cheating piece of scum reticule in previous Halo games. However to be fair to the previous designers of Halo games when the original came out we were all whiny 12 year olds and didn't care for such petty things. Thank God, the sun, stars and moon that Bungie realised that we would no longer accept this kind of fake, inaccurate reticule especially in the HD generation where everything is much clearer. What we need to accept is Halo is bloom and bloom is Halo.
The AR vid is showcasing magnetism, not bloom.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Detox said:
CgJi1.gif

Top Bottom