• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

wwm0nkey said:
They should at least release it on GFWL, maybe there would be more than 10 people on at a time then on actual good servers :D

Oh wait better idea, finally make Halo 3 for PC packed with an improved Halo 2 PC version that DOESNT suck with KB+M.

Why would you want to play Halo with KB+M?

Miggytronz

Triple Jackpots! count me in. I want moar ARMORS so i look so fresh when i ARMOR LOCK!
3AQmK.gif

Has it been confirmed anywhere if new control schemes are in Halo CEA? I need my bumper jumper and will be spitting fury if it's not included
lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
thee henery said:
Has it been confirmed anywhere if new control schemes are in Halo CEA? I need my bumper jumper and will be spitting fury if it's not included
lol

Real men played Default

I'm surprised Bungie hasn't started selling those shirts yet. I would buy one, they're sexy.

thee henery said:
lol
I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think Frankie said on here that BJ will be included in Anniversary.

Tashi

kylej said:
Would anyone enjoy donging and/or waping with me on this fine morning. jelyk.

I would love to. Would you like to try your hand at MLG or have your balls not dropped yet? :p

GhaleonEB

For those who missed it:

This is all subject to change and does not reflect all changes, you know the drill.

* All gametypes in Premium Battle will use big team variants
* Removing Hot Potato from Premium Battle
* Slayer DMRs game variants will use the default vehicle set
* Updated Grifball maps and gametypes
* Team Objective gametypes will feature DMR/AR starts (except Classic and Pro)
* Integrating 3 Flag, 2 Flag Slayer and Speedflag into Team Objective​
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62068630

The bold implies Classic game types will be folded into other playlists, or at least, to Team Objective.

The Classic population took a tumble when objectives were added to it, which Jeremiah had noted on the Cartographer's forum. So perhaps it's returning to a Slayer only format, with the objectives moved into TO as a Classic option.

Also, to everyone complaining about AR/Magnum starts in Flagstravaganza, rejoice.
Tunavi said:
I think he he means 2-flag classic which is already in Team Objective, not classic as in the classic playlist.
Ah. Well then!

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The bold implies Classic game types will be folded into other playlists, or at least, to Team Objective.
I think he he means 2-flag classic which is already in Team Objective, not classic as in the classic playlist.

Striker

Objectives going into Classic weren't a reason for its population. Maybe if he weighted them properly, i.e. you only see Prophet, Noble Creek, and Prolonged show up the most because they're versatile in that they can play Slayer, CTF, Assault, King, and Oddball. Others like Rat Race, High Noon, Eclipse, and so on cannot.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
For those who missed it:

This is all subject to change and does not reflect all changes, you know the drill.

* All gametypes in Premium Battle will use big team variants
* Removing Hot Potato from Premium Battle
* Slayer DMRs game variants will use the default vehicle set
* Updated Grifball maps and gametypes
* Integrating 3 Flag, 2 Flag Slayer and Speedflag into Team Objective​
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62068630

The Classic population took a tumble when objectives were added to it, which Jeremiah had noted on the Cartographer's forum. So perhaps it's returning to a Slayer only format, with the objectives moved into TO as a Classic option.

Also, to everyone complaining about AR/Magnum starts in Flagstravaganza, rejoice.

Ah. Well then!

I have to say I told everyone so about classic playlist. I said flat out the population would drop when they added objective gametypes to it. I was called crazy for that too and told that no the population would go up. Sure enough it did go down. The classic playlist was fun because it was slayer. It your as close as you could get to old school Halo slayer. And Bungie took that away when they added the objectives to it hence a lot of us quit playing it because if we had wanted to play objective gametypes we would have picked objective playlists.

Tashi

Bread said:
You play default? Get with the times tashi! Bumper jumper is where it's at.

Used to play Default. I play Recon in Reach which is basically what Default used to be.

Yea we're still on. KyleJ is destroying some MLG right now. Kid's been watching some Walshy gameplay for sure

Striker

PsychoRaven said:
I have to say I told everyone so about classic playlist. I said flat out the population would drop when they added objective gametypes to it. I was called crazy for that too and told that no the population would go up. Sure enough it did go down. The classic playlist was fun because it was slayer. It your as close as you could get to old school Halo slayer. And Bungie took that away when they added the objectives to it hence a lot of us quit playing it because if we had wanted to play objective gametypes we would have picked objective playlists.
Read my post above. The map-gametype combos are heavy toward three maps. And before Objectives got added, we had DMR starts in there. It was not as closely resembling classic Halo as a Needle Rifle start has been. Then we had simpletons complaining about that, "wah I don't want to shoot this pink gun!".

"if I want to play objectives, I'll go play objectives..."

I hate that. I guess to this type of mind every playlist should be slayer-only except BTB and Team Skirmish/Objective. If you want to play a slayer only playlist, you got four of them right now, five if you include Snipers.

Bread said:
You play default? Get with the times tashi! Bumper jumper is where it's at.

also, kyle+tashi are you guys still playing?

Don't forget to turn off your rumble :eyeroll.jpg

However bumper jumper is amazing, but not when you need to use jetpack... and that would be never... so yep, it can remain amazing.

Bread

Banned
A27_StarWolf said:
Don't forget to turn off your rumble :eyeroll.jpg

However bumper jumper is amazing, but not when you need to use jetpack... and that would be never... so yep, it can remain amazing.
I probably should turn off rumble, I'm running through batteries so quickly.

And yea bumper jumper sucks for some AAs, but it's fine for sprint, and that's all that matters.

tashi/kyle post in here when you guys are playing again and I'll go back to my xbox

J10

Banned
I tried Classic for the first time last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than I expected to. I think that had more to do with the maps than the gametypes. I missed the AA's though. The increased move speed really fucked with me, too. It made me dizzy and I had to stop playing after a few matches.

GhaleonEB

My partner in Arcadefight had map load issues, so he gets ejected at the loading screen and I get to play solo. 20 minutes later I get the daily Challenge and the 3,000 cR jackpot for a nearly 12k cR game in total. I'm okay with this.

J10

Banned
The Real Napsta said:
Why would you want to play Halo with KB+M?

I have a buddy who owned with the KBM back in the Halo 2 days. He came up on PC shooters. He had to stop using it due to carpal tunnel and was never able to play at the same level with a controller.

Crucio

Bread said:
I probably should turn of rumble, I'm running through batteries so quickly.
Yeah, I suppose rumble does eat up batteries. But that's fine if you have recharable battery pack, so useful. I honestly wish the Wii would have simple rechargable sets like the 360.
GhaleonEB said:
My partner in Arcadefight had map load issues, so he gets ejected at the loading screen and I get to play solo. 20 minutes later I get the daily Challenge and the 3,000 cR jackpot for a nearly 12k cR game in total. I'm okay with this.
I made the mistake of having downloads going while playing doubles. Got seperated twice, that's fine though, more kills and more vehicle kills. But its nearly impossible to finish the three rounds if one gets seperated at the beginning of the game!

clav

J10 said:
I have a buddy who owned with the KBM back in the Halo 2 days. He came up on PC shooters. He had to stop using it due to carpal tunnel and was never able to play at the same level with a controller.
The X360 controller is ergonomic, so he should learn.

KBM is not unless you have a kinesis keyboard, and even so, that keyboard is impossible to play shooters.

Hey You

Crucio said:
Bungie does like to tease with those dam T-shirts!

I see now, about the Sparkast, its coming out in two weeks. That means they'll most likely be talking about the responsibility of Halo being shifted to 343i. Two weeks= After Bungie Day!
I'm hoping we get some details in the weekly update today.

J10

Banned
He has learned since. He's just not good anymore.

I made a similar move going from Legacy thumbsticks to default a few years back during H3. Having to relearn how to walk and look was a son of a bitch. BRing came quick enough, but it wasn't until like last week that I regained my full sniping ability.

J10

Banned
I depend on the rumble feedback to tell when I'm being shot. Couldn't live without it, though I wouldn't mind an option to adjust intensity.

feel

I love rumble in everything. I just turn it off for Halo multiplayer, back on for everything else including Halo campaign.

lybertyboy said:
This. Join me my children...in the rumble-free zone.
But what should I do if I fall asleep? No one will wake me. :( And what should women do whne her husband is away in a rumble-free zone? Should she cheat him?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kylej said:
Rumble sucks and not just for Halo. Once you go No Rumble you never go back.
Yes, absolutely 100% agree, rumble is a distraction, a gimmick even, it screwed with my aim in H3, turned it off and never looked back.

Plywood said:
Yes, absolutely 100% agree, rumble is a distraction, a gimmick even, it screwed with my aim in H3, turned it off and never looked back.

I can understand the argument for competitive multiplayer, but I just don't agree with you else where. I think a little bit of rumble feedback to the player can be very helpful in a lot of different ways.

It seems psychologically effective.

MrBig

A27_StarWolf said:
It seems psychologically effective.
Yes, it helps my pay attention and keeps me in the game. Also, I started using a wired controller since my new setup is just a 32" monitor in the same room as my computer, so I just roll my chair over a few feet and I'm right in front of the TV.

Went so far as to remove my rumble packs in my wired controller. so good!

that said, rumble is fine in racing games and stuff, but it just messes with my aim in shooters

GhaleonEB

Crucio said:
I made the mistake of having downloads going while playing doubles. Got seperated twice, that's fine though, more kills and more vehicle kills. But its nearly impossible to finish the three rounds if one gets seperated at the beginning of the game!
On any map but Corvette or Courtyard, two players have a very tough time finishing any Doubles games other than 2X Attack. I've requested the time limits be extended to 30 for Arcadefight and 45 for Limited in Doubles. Hopefully they are.

Hey You

Is the BTB all stars playlist up yet?

Some people on BNet say it is, but I don't see it in the playlists and I did play my 5 games of invasion.

MrBig

thezerofire said:
Went so far as to remove my rumble packs in my wired controller. so good!

that said, rumble is fine in racing games and stuff, but it just messes with my aim in shooters
I wouldn't be able to play without the weight of them. The wired controller is already light enough, it would just be unnerving to me for it be any lighter. I even added a metal weight to my mouse.

MrBig said:
I wouldn't be able to play without the weight of them. The wired controller is already light enough, it would just be unnerving to me for it be any lighter. I even added a metal weight to my mouse.
that's what I thought too, but it just feels really nice. It doesn't feel like the cheap lightness of the PS3 controllers

Top Bottom