• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Lazslo said:
Nice- I like watching StrongSide donginate, especially when he Strongsides

-Hey Tashi- What's the MLG-scene overall opinion of the DMR? Do they like it better then the H3 BR. I have to believe their favorite was the H2 BR right?
I'm pretty sure the BR is more popular

You know why Bungie called the playlist "All-Stars"? Because they are the all-stars of the game: The shittiest gametype/map combination. I really anticipate the playlist management take over.

Tawpgun

Lazslo said:
Nice- I like watching StrongSide donginate, especially when he Strongsides

-Hey Tashi- What's the MLG-scene overall opinion of the DMR? Do they like it better then the H3 BR. I have to believe their favorite was the H2 BR right?
I'd like to know this too.

I see a lot of spamming in MLG.

I'm pretty sure every pro wants the H2 BR back. It was a more consistent, skill based weapon. Especially with the button combos. You saw the same players winning, the same teams winning. That's because they were the best.

I'm about to solo into All Stars. Anyone want to join?

Havok

thezerofire said:
wow that sucks. when did they announce that?
Look on the bright side - now you don't have to feel obligated to play this game's terrible Big Team.

Maybe the best poster child for the mismanagement of this game's playlists.
GhaleonEB said:
Then, pack it with truly horrifying map/game type combinations. Snipers on Utopie and Hemorrhage, CTF on Renegade.
So its the full Reach Big Team experience, then? What a nightmare.

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'm convinced the BTB All-Stars playlist is a social experiment.
Dani said:
F**K BTB ALL-STARS

Urgh. Enough to make you want to never play Halo again. An insult to the anniversary celebrations. Disgusting.
Lots of interesting data from observing Dani.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
F**K BTB ALL-STARS

Urgh. Enough to make you want to never play Halo again. An insult to the anniversary celebrations. Disgusting.
I maintain it's a social experiment.

First, the lure: triple jackpots.

Then, gate access to the playlist via Invasion, a playlist that has nothing to do with BTB.

Then, pack it with truly horrifying map/game type combinations. Snipers on Utopie and Hemorrhage, CTF on Renegade.

See how long people put up with this until they quit.

Got the triple jackpot twice, which was neat. But I'm not touching the playlist again. Nothing is worth playing the games in it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not sure. I don't go to the MLG forums much. I'm a fan of the MLG gametypes more than anything else. If I had to guess I would say that everyone thinks that Halo has gotten progressively worse since Halo 1.

Tawpgun

Eh, my first game was spectacular. BTB Slayer on Abridged. Normally I hate that map, but we all did really good despite some retarded gunners I had.

I hope 343i is taking out the Jetpack in Squad Slayer. If they do it, I'll have my playlist till Halo 4.

Otherwise I hope that Destiny isn't a sunken ship like Halo: Reach.

Hypertrooper said:
I hope 343i is taking out the Jetpack in Squad Slayer. If they do it, I'll have my playlist till Halo 4.

Otherwise I hope that Destiny isn't a sunken ship like Halo: Reach.
Destiny is a survival horror game set on a sinking ship inhabited by the Ghosts of Armor Lock, armed with DMRs and Jetpacks. Believe.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I'm done with being able to shoot grenades in Mid air in Halo. It just happened to me twice in one game. There's no use for it. It's 100% luck.

Louis Wu

GhaleonEB said:
CTF on Renegade is in regular BTB, too. (I came the closest I've ever come to rage-quitting a few days ago, playing it - we won, but I got killed 6 times by a goddamn Banshee, and another 3 times by a Revenant that only had access to me cause i was running away from the Banshee.)

The Banshee dude went 32 and 6, and had no intention at all of actually playing the objective (which is why we won).

Stupidest game I've played in a LONG time. :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna play tonight, too! I'll be on my buddy's console starting around 7pm Pacific. GT = TONGAN WAR.

Tashi0106 said:
I'm not sure. I don't go to the MLG forums much. I'm a fan of the MLG gametypes more than anything else. If I had to guess I would say that everyone thinks that Halo has gotten progressively worse since Halo 1.

The general consenses that I gather is that Halo CE is the holy grail, Halo 2 is very good in its own right as well, and 3 and Reach are awful.

Tawpgun

Louis Wu said:
CTF on Renegade is in regular BTB, too. (I came the closest I've ever come to rage-quitting a few days ago, playing it - we won, but I got killed 6 times by a goddamn Banshee, and another 3 times by a Revenant that only had access to me cause i was running away from the Banshee.)

The Banshee dude went 32 and 6, and had no intention at all of actually playing the objective (which is why we won).

Stupidest game I've played in a LONG time. :(
Yeah I just got done playing on Renegade. I was that Banshee guy. For fucks sake that thing is OP. I used to think it was weak when I was using it like the H3 Banshee. Then I started FLIPPING ERRYWHERE and it was the easiest shit ever.

The banshee has always been a powerful asset, but in Reach it can be abused far too hard. I remember banshee rape in Halo 3 could be dealt with useing power drains, missle pod, laser ect.

But with the flipping here its impossible to hit...

So far I have spectacular luck in All Stars. Gonna keep donging.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Go into BTB All Stars, 1st game, get Hemorrhage Big Team Slayer.

AlDdo.png

Ken

GhaleonEB said:

Then, gate access to the playlist via Invasion, a playlist that has nothing to do with BTB.

Got the triple jackpot twice, which was neat. But I'm not touching the playlist again. Nothing is worth playing the games in it.
I'm glad I didn't bother going for the 5 Invasion games then.

Tawpgun

I'm on hemmorage neutral bomb.

But this is fucking Halo Community playing BTB Objective. AKA Slayer Unlimited.

Honestly, sometimes I love the Halo community but sometimes they're so fucking dumb. I thought all the retarded people went to fucking CoD...

But this wouldn't be so bad with some more teammates. It might even be fun with a full party.

New Halo 4 Wish. Something I've wanted in every competetive multiplayer game since experiencing the dumbest people ever in Halo 3.

An IQ test before starting the game. All the dumb people can dick around and the people who want to play get to play.

Unrealistic? I don't care. I hate stupid people.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tawpgun, got your invite, sorry but I wasn't actually going to stay on, just wanted to check out All Stars real quick.

Ken

A27 Tawpgun said:
An IQ test before starting the game. All the dumb people can dick around and the people who want to play get to play.

Unrealistic? I don't care. I hate stupid people.
Choosing which playlist to play is an IQ test.

Dumb people can choose to play their Banshee plagued playlists while smarter people don't have to.

clav

GhaleonEB said:

That reminds me of the rampages people had with the Banshee back in Halo 1, the good old days according to non-Reach fans.

Spawning and dying was the norm.

MrBig

claviertekky said:
That reminds me of the rampages people had with the Banshee back in Halo 1, the good old days according to non-Reach fans.
I just had a pretty big run of Halo PC mp recently. Bullshit. You can take them out with pistols and ARs. Reach all you have to do is go flippy floppy and no one can hit you.
e: besides that "the good ole days" for most people was on xbox, where there were no banshees in mp

clav

MrBig said:
I just had a pretty big run of Halo PC mp recently. Bullshit. You can take them out with pistols and ARs. Reach all you have to do is go flippy floppy and no one can hit you.
I haven't played recently, so I wouldn't know how it is today.

It worked well in FFA Blood Gulch.

Tawpgun

Ken said:
NylBp.png

Were it so easy.

Seriously? I would be ALL for a BTB customs. Our classic BTB customs and Highlands Customs were some of the best BTB fun I've had on Reach.

But I don't have 16 people readily available. If I did I wouldn't touch matchmaking.

claviertekky said:

Spawning and dying was the norm.
You didn't have me in the game when you were shee whoring. Plasma Rifle, Shotgun, and I'd take you out with ease.

MrBig

Dax01 said:
I expect and updated .gif of this with the new graphics from Anniversary.

Also, I come home expecting a BWU and sad to see there isn't one. Looks like the one next Friday is the last one?
I'm so glad they're not messing with anything, so we can do stuff like that, staying in the pelicans, t2t, running around top of levels, breaking the game, and so many other uncountable things.

ElRenoRaven

So yea. One game of BTB Allstars was enough for me. Abridged I still maintain is a shitty shitty map. More so with 16 players and vehicles. Just truly awful.

Lazslo

thezerofire said:
I'm pretty sure the BR is more popular
For Reals? I always thought the DMR was the more "Skill Based" weapon hmm. I consider myself a competitive player and I always thought the H3 BR leaves more room for chance while the Reach-DMR, even with it's shit bloom, is way more accurate. Not trying to bring the whole "Bloom/Spread" argument up, but with that said, Which gun in your opinion is more reliable for skill based shooting? I really believe the DMR is but now that I think about it- it could just be the way I perceive it due to the 1-shot projectiles. Tashi I demand your answer
MrBig said:
Pretty sure that discussion was about the H2 BR. Little spread and Hitscan.
Mmmm The H2 BR is in a league of it's own, League Awesome. When I play Halo 1 and use the pistol its fun shooting dudes with 3 or 4 shots. Then I pick up Halo 2 Battle Rifle and it feels fucking perfect. When you pick that thing up, it just feels balanced; you know you could destory the other guy but at the same time you know your one shot-off from dying. There was also just this strange feeling of confidence that I haven't felt with any rifle in Halo since (maybe it's because I'm old now). You know that when you shoot the dude in the face, and that reticule is red- the motherfucker is going to die within 12 bullets. It's easily best gun there will ever be in a Halo, and I doubt we'll ever see it again for some reason. I really hope the next Sandbox dude grows a pair and puts something similar in, Sage did a great job with DMR but it's not the same

MrBig

Lazslo said:
For Reals? I always thought the DMR was more "Skill Based" weapon hmm. I consider myself a competitive player and I always thought the H3 BR leaves more room for chance while the DMR, even with it's bloom, is way more accurate. Not trying to bring the whole "Bloom/Spread" argument up- but with that said Which gun (in your opinion) is more reliable for skill based shooting? I believe the DMR is but now that I think about it- it might just be the way I perceive it due to the 1-shot projectiles. Tashi I demand your answer
Pretty sure that discussion was about the H2 BR. Little spread and Hitscan.

Holy shit I'm a member now :)

You guys are totally awesome for making me glad I didn't play those 5 invasion games last week. Truly, thank you good sirs.

Walsh just put away SQ, yeah baby.

Tawpgun

Honestly, This isn't the playlists fault. It's the same thing as regular BTB but with jackpots.

The Reach Sandbox just completely ruined BTB and there's no way you can argue against this unless you think bullshit is the definitive Halo experience....

Lazslo

Why has the main gun is every Halo Multiplayer game gotten progressively worse?
Halo: 1 Pistol
Halo: 2 BR
Halo: 3 Spread Machine
Halo: Reach DMR Blooming Onion
-Seriously I'm not trying to be an troll asshole, but could anyone answer this logically? I guess balance issues but when does fun trump balance?

wwm0nkey

Lazslo said:
-Seriously I'm not trying to be an troll asshole, but could anyone answer this logically? I guess balance issues but when does fun trump balance?
Can not be quoted enough.

Dani said:
F**K BTB ALL-STARS

Ive played one game, and it doesnt seem worse than any other general Reach playlist
lolz
. What makes it so bad?

Lazslo said:

: (

Tawpgun

Halo 4 should include all Halo weapons past in customs/forge at least.

I see NO reason why this shouldn't be done... I'm guessing weapons take up a lot of space, but if there is anyway to at LEAST the M6D in the game as an homage then do it.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
Halo 4 should include all Halo weapons past in customs/forge at least.

I see NO reason why this shouldn't be done... I'm guessing weapons take up a lot of space, but if there is anyway to at LEAST the M6D in the game as an homage then do it.
Don't worry.

Top Bottom