• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Detox

Barrow Roll said:
Wait, what? When you watch that AR video, all you see is us complaining about bloom?

Seriously, that video makes me never want to play an AR starts gametype ever again.
That is the accurate representation of bloom, when you hold down the trigger it spreads to the left because the spartan III is not as strong as Chief. He is holding the weapon with his right hand, he can't hold the weapon straight because he is weak thus the gun and bullets move to the left. Seriously you guys need to learn about canon.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Detox said:
That is the accurate representation of bloom, when you hold down the trigger it spreads to the left because the spartan III is not as strong as Chief. He is holding the weapon with his right hand, he can't hold the weapon straight because he is weak thus the gun and bullets move to the left. Seriously you guys need to learn about canon.
Oh, you were trolling. Bravo, sir.

MrBig

Zel3 said:
Just got a 27755 jackpot in BTB allstars.

Was this the triple jackpot? I was expecting more. :p
Triple chance of getting a large jackpot. Getting multiple 27k jackpots is better than getting a single 60k mega jackpot.

Since it doesn't bloom, they could do with tightening the reticule on the AR, that's obvious. The video shows it red. I'm not surprised that it's getting hits but the size of the reticule is what makes it cheap.
Pulsing seems to definitely have it's benefits also. I was skeptical of how much but it seems to help a great deal. You know what would help balance the AR? Adding some bloom.

Detox

MrBig said:
The AR vid is showcasing magnetism, not bloom.
You need to brush up on your Halo lore this is all part of the canon. You see Spartan III's are cheaper than Spartan II's hence the United Nations Space Command used cheap materials like steel and iron to make them. AR bullets are magnetic so Spartan II armour repels them, this lessens the chance of friendly fire and the use of human weapons by the convenant. The problem of bloom only came to the attention of the masses in Reach because Spartan III's were used and the issue of magnetism and bloom was exasperated.

GhaleonEB

thezerofire said:
the video wasn't showing bloom, it was showing the AR hitting someone the person wasn't even aiming at.
My understanding is, the targeting reticule turns red if any part of it is over an enemy, and when that is the case all rounds fired will connect, even when it's just the edge that overlaps. I've thought that was always the way one element of the aim assist worked in Halo (magnetism is what I call it when the reticule pulls toward or sticks to an enemy), though I haven't run or seen experiments like the video with other Halo games or weapons. So I wasn't too surprised or angry at the video.

My first thought upon seeing the video was, see, pulsing the AR does work at range. :p

thezerofire said:
ok, so the problem is then that the reticule turns red even when not on a person
Yup, no argument there. It's also a pretty big targeting reticule.

Edit: should be clear I'm not fan of what's shown in the video, just that I thought that's how it always was.

Hypertrooper said:
Ghal, You threw a bone of joy to me. I try to get it. But I'm not sure if I get it. I hope 343i will give me the bone.
I hope the metaphor works
The idea of the 3-sides Firefight is so awesome.I want to play it. now. right now. And I totally agree about the hog and that the new firefight map needs a solo-vehicle like a Revenant or Ghost/Banshee. It would be great to see a Falcon in a Firefight game, but then the map needs a lot of banshees or Anti-air enemies on the ground.
I was always surprised Glacier didn't feature Banshees as in the campaign. The same set up would work great in Firefight.

GhaleonEB said:
My understanding is, the targeting reticule turns red if any part of it is over an enemy, and when that is the case all rounds fired will connect, even when it's just the edge that overlaps. I've thought that was always the case in Halo, though I haven't run or seen experiments like the video with other Halo games or weapons. So I wasn't too surprised or angry at the video.

My first thought upon seeing the video was, see, pulsing the AR does work at range. :p
ok, so the problem is then that the reticule turns red even when not on a person

thezerofire said:
Look closer. It's on his shoulder. BTW, the reticule includes the outer circular portion as well as the center cross hair. Case in point; the AR's reticule size is what makes it cheap feeling. It's so big that it's easy to hit targets even with imprecise aim.

Account Attempt #4 said:
Look closer. It's on his shoulder. BTW, the reticule includes the outer circular portion as well as the center cross hair. Case in point; the AR's reticule size is what makes it cheap feeling. It's so big that it's easy to hit targets even with imprecise aim.
still seems really messed up. all you have to do it aim a little bit at them? ridiculous.

Hey You

xxjuicesxx said:
Wheres BTB All Stars?
Did you play 5 games of invasion between 6/14 and 6/20? If so, make sure everyone in your lobby is eligible and there are no guests playing. Its near the bottom of the competitive list.

Hey You said:
Did you play 5 games of invasion between 6/14 and 6/20? If so, make sure everyone in your lobby is eligible and there are no guests playing. Its near the bottom of the competitive list.

I'll look again yea me and Sai-Kun and VHFive played about 7 or 8 one night. I looked when I got on with noone in my party but it wasn't there.

neoism

Wow crazy king dubs is funn. :eek:.... also it's amazing just how awesome the DMR is when your on it, every shot connects.

Sai-kun said:
Dani and I's first game in BTB all-stars together:

"Hey, why are 2 people on our team AFK?"

"They're BTB all-stars!"
LOL

I played two games of All Star BTB. Flag Hemorrhage and Slayer Boneyard. I don't have any plans to enter the playlist again.

Also, why is this game literally Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World?!

Steelyuhas said:
LOL

I played two games of All Star BTB. Flag Hemorrhage and Slayer Boneyard. I don't have any plans to enter the playlist again.

Also, why is this game literally Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World?!

Non MLG Countdown is so bad too.

Karl2177

So I've been in DC this past week and I brought my Bungie Aerospace shirt. Today I went to the White House, and one of the security guards told me I had an awesome shirt. He then asked if they had revealed it yet, and that was the moment I knew he was in the loop. Anything from Bungie on when it will be?(I'm assuming the 7th)

GhaleonEB

I played five games of Invasion - which I hate - in order to get into BTB All-Stars.

The first game of BTB All-Stars is Snipers on Utopie.

I feel like I've been snookered.

Tawpgun

Karl2177 said:
So I've been in DC this past week and I brought my Bungie Aerospace shirt. Today I went to the White House, and one of the security guards told me I had an awesome shirt. He then asked if they had revealed it yet, and that was the moment I knew he was in the loop. Anything from Bungie on when it will be?(I'm assuming the 7th)
I find that hard to believe.....

FyreWulff

Account Attempt #4 said:
So what happens if you die?

Well, freaking wraiths.. just got killed by one across Oni Sword Base. Which has never happened before.

The reason I'm attempting it is because there's a bounty out for completing Legendary single-segment with no deaths in < 3 hours.. if I won the bounty during today's attempt, I was going to donate it.

If I die, either the run just continues (minus earning the bounty) or I'll restart it.. which I'm pondering right now.

edit: I've decided to restart to the beginning of the campaign this one time. If I die in this attempt though, the run will just continue

FyreWulff said:
Well, freaking wraiths.. just got killed by one across Oni Sword Base. Which has never happened before.

The reason I'm attempting it is because there's a bounty out for completing Legendary single-segment with no deaths in < 3 hours.. if I won the bounty during today's attempt, I was going to donate it.

If I die, either the run just continues (minus earning the bounty) or I'll restart it.. which I'm pondering right now.
I say do it. That was fucking cheap! (I saw lol). When you hit the menu button I sat there imagining you staring at the screen in disgust, hah. Sorry bro, go for it again! Get yer bounty!

PNut

Banned
FyreWulff said:

edit: I've decided to restart to the beginning of the campaign this one time. If I die in this attempt though, the run will just continue

Pretty cool. Good luck. I am surprised none of those hardcore Mythic conquerors or HSH guys haven't knocked this challenge out yet though.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm not proud of my perfection.

Edit: I am proud of Dani's dirty, dirty splatters though. And a ridiculously cool triple kill I got.

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:

Edit: I am proud of Dani's dirty, dirty splatters though. And a ridiculously cool triple kill I got.

2d0ysd2.jpg

GhaleonEB

Sai-kun said:

I had seven assists and six kills that game. You're welcome, Dani.

Top Bottom