• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

MrBig

Sounds like a really cool deal for mobile developers.
I wasn't expecting it to just be a publishing base though, I thought they'd do something like XNA and MS's indie games

Booties

Banned
Hold onto your poopsocks kids, it's halo time.

Also, MLG is a lot of freaking fun.

And I told you I'm pro guys:
nIb5l.png

MrBig

Can I get someone to help me out with swag bags? Major Williams was going to order one for me, but he's super busy today. I'd be able to pay you the ~$40 via paypal by the end of next week. PM me please

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
"The community feels as though we have listened to them"

Uhmm, what?

Pretty sure the majority of people are shocked at how MP was handled. We asked for Halo 1 with XBL and ended up with Reach DLC.

Majority? Heh.

Dani said:
Majority? Heh.
You hang out with different folks than I do.

I can say that nearly all of the people I am close with in the Halo community are pissed off about the way MP was handled. We all loved Halo: CE multiplayer and wanted to play it online. We did NOT want a Reach map pack with old Halo: CE maps.

Louis Wu

Devin Olsen said:

I can say that nearly all of the people I am close with in the Halo community are pissed off about the way MP was handled. We all loved Halo: CE multiplayer and wanted to play it online. We did NOT want a Reach map pack with old Halo: CE maps.
Yep - and there's another group that feels differently.

Your views (hell, GAF's views) do not represent the vast majority of the Halo fanbase. That's just the way it is. (That's not to say Dan was suggesting that they talked to everyone, and everyone agreed - I'm pretty sure he just meant they've received positive feedback. I'm sure they've received negative feedback, too - that's just not something you push when you're trying to make a good impression. :) )

On a COMPLETELY different note, I was seriously amused when I checked out some of the supporter stats at HaloCharts - there's a section called 'Worst Teammate Recommendations', which nails down the people you play badly with.

roflgaf.png

Not too excited about the Aerospace reveal. I'm not interested in mobile gaming. I mean it's cool for the developers and all but it doesn't matter that much to me.

Louis Wu said:
Yep - and there's another group that feels differently.

Your views (hell, GAF's views) do not represent the vast majority of the Halo fanbase. That's just the way it is. (That's not to say Dan was suggesting that they talked to everyone, and everyone agreed - I'm pretty sure he just meant they've received positive feedback. I'm sure they've received negative feedback, too - that's just not something you push when you're trying to make a good impression. :) )

On a COMPLETELY different note, I was seriously amused when I checked out some of the supporter stats at HaloCharts - there's a section called 'Worst Teammate Recommendations', which nails down the people you play badly with.

http://files.smallbits.com/images/roflgaf.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
To be fair, the few games that we played together were pretty terrible. I remember Boneyard being one of them.

Falagard

Devin Olsen said:

Kinda depends.

If, for example, they use a Halo Reach Title Update to patch in playlist settings that let them come really close to Halo CE multiplayer then would you be so upset?

Louis Wu said:

roflgaf.png
O-ho, this I must look into.

Louis Wu

Devin Olsen said:
Now lets see the best Team-mates!
lol - there is nobody on that list I recognize except for Lophan Rex. :)

(All the rest are randoms. I actually DO recognize the top one; he was a random I got teamed up with a couple of days ago in Double Team; we stuck together for 6 games cause we kept winning.)

Havok

Falagard said:
Kinda depends.

If, for example, they use a Halo Reach Title Update to patch in playlist settings that let them come really close to Halo CE multiplayer then would you be so upset?
Wait, are you suggesting that people wait for details that we all know are coming instead of wildly overreacting in a hilarious-to-watch manner?

Have you used the Internet before? :)

(seriously, that Anniversary thread is the Mos Eisley cantina minus the lovable rogues)

Louis Wu said:
lol - there is nobody on that list I recognize except for Lophan Rex. :)
Oh wait, lmao.

Are those the worst teamates as in ever? I assumed those were all just people off your friends list... lol this is 100x better

GhaleonEB

PSA: All of today's Firefight Challenges can be done by playing one game of Firefight Doubles on Corvette. Makes for one meaty payout. (My game was over 12k cR.)

The best thing about Aerospace has go to be this beauty:
41sBDQrw5GL.jpg

The rest of it seems like a hobby. It's great that they want to help other devs get their stuff out to the world, but how excited can one really get about mobile gaming? It sure makes a great T-shirt, though!

I am still hyped for the TU!

Kuroyume said:
Yeah, I'm sure it's a totally different story outside of GAF.
As you should be. Gaf isn't the fucking hive mind of Halo. HaloGaf isn't even just DMR starts or Armour locking heroes and yet it only makes up a very tiny fraction of the population. Maybe if you ventured out from your cave once in a while, you'd know.

Louis Wu

Devin Olsen said:
Oh wait, lmao.

Are those the worst teamates as in ever? I assumed those were all just people off your friends list... lol this is 100x better
lol - yep, that's what it is. The folks you've played worst with in Reach - period. :)

Wh0 N0se

What would everyones dream TU be?

I'm quite excited about a Title Update, just wondering how much 343i are looking to change, sounds like they're trying to make it closer to previous Halo iterations rather than adjusting the pre-existing Reach settings.

How extreme are the changes going to be and will they affect every playlist or just the playlists that will include the new maps.

Very Interesting to see what they do.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
Hold onto your poopsocks kids, it's halo time.

It's one of the prettiest days of the year, and we both live in an area that sucks ass climate-wise. You're really going to spend all day playing this crappy game? What an asshole.

booting now send inv

Wh0 N0se said:
What would everyones dream TU be?

I'm quite excited about a Title Update, just wondering how much 343i are looking to change, sounds like they're trying to make it closer to previous Halo iterations rather than adjusting the pre-existing Reach settings.

How extreme are the changes going to be and will they affect every playlist or just the playlists that will include the new maps.

Very Interesting to see what they do.

My thoughts on the matter.

Kuroyume

Banned
Hydranockz said:
As you should be. Gaf isn't the fucking hive mind of Halo. HaloGaf isn't even just DMR starts or Armour locking heroes and yet it only makes up a very tiny fraction of the population. Maybe if you ventured out from your cave once in a while, you'd know.

Hey, thanks for clearing that all up. You're so fucking wise.

Top Bottom