• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

FyreWulff

Hey guys.

Guys.

I just realized something.

Bungie Day (and the handoff) of Reach is during Reach's 43rd weekly.

4 + 3 = 7

those sons of bitches

Karl2177

I was lucky to get one, but I'm disappointed with how they handled it. It was very shady of Bungie to switch sellers in the middle of it.

EDIT:
9.8 years / 17,172 games to reach Inheritor

Detox

12.7 years / 16,822 games to reach Inheritor

Oh well at least Halo 4 will have gone sale by then and maybe the DLC will be free.

MrBig said:
With these reactions (on bnet) I hope a lawsuit doesn't come out of it, as I have seen happen to charity auctions quite a few times. People don't get what they want so they try to blame something and take matters into their own hands.

I would not assume that they intentionally mislead anyone.
The lack of response from Bungie at this point is really upsetting.

Clarification and perhaps compensation would be really appreciated.

FyreWulff

Only thing about those predictors is they can't account for massive jackpots or payout increases / cap increases.

I would imagine that the daily cap is increasing in the not too far future.

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
The lack of response from Bungie at this point is really upsetting.

Clarification and perhaps compensation would be really appreciated.
Compensation for what? Things didn't go as planned, and wasn't handled well. But none of us are entitled to anything. I'm bummed but that's the way it goes.
Devin Olsen said:
Sorry compensation was the wrong word. Just an apology and clarification I guess.
Got it, and yeah, I agree.

GhaleonEB said:
Compensation for what? Things didn't go as planned, and wasn't handled well. But none of us are entitled to anything. I'm bummed but that's the way it goes.
Sorry compensation was the wrong word. Just an apology and clarification I guess.

Crucio

bungietweets Bungie
Apologies for the store shenanigans. @stosh tripped over a cord.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

*Sigh*

EDIT: Finally some news:

bungietweets Bungie
What *really* happened is the amazon store front crashed. Bags O' Swags aren't gone, but we're holding until we get the go ahead.

I knew it. That gorrilaprint seller must not have had a lot of stock.

Edit 2: stosh also apologized.

Crucio said:
bungietweets Bungie
Apologies for the store shenanigans. @stosh tripped over a cord.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

*Sigh*
I know, right? Such an underwhelming apology. I can do a lot better than that in 140 characters. My cursor hovered over unfollow for a second when I read that.

Syracuse022 said:
I know, right? Such an underwhelming apology. I can do a lot better than that in 140 characters. My cursor hovered over unfollow for a second when I read that.
bungietweets Bungie
What *really* happened is the amazon store front crashed. Bags O' Swags aren't gone, but we're holding until we get the go ahead.

By all means, unfollow them.

Crucio

Wow, so I guess some orders went through in the last few minutes. I think they're gone now, the bungiestore was updated where the main feature link went to the right place.

Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramirez said:
What's in the bag that makes it so dang good anyways? I'm looking at the pic and nothing really jumps out at me.
That's the catch, not every bag is the same.

Tawpgun

Ramirez said:
What's in the bag that makes it so dang good anyways? I'm looking at the pic and nothing really jumps out at me.

This. I <3 Bungie and all but I could care less for swag that isn't Halo/Bungie Only. If I get a bunch of Myth, Marathon, ect. shit then I won't know what to do with it.

Voltron64

Ramirez said:
I'm wondering the same thing. If it comes with a pair of Marty's used underwear I'll be pissed I missed out.

zumphry

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
This. I <3 Bungie and all but I could care less for swag that isn't Halo/Bungie Only. If I get a bunch of Myth, Marathon, ect. shit then I won't know what to do with it.

I'll take it.

Homeboyd

Voltron64 said:
I'm wondering the same thing. If it comes with a pair of Marty's used underwear I'll be pissed I missed out.
105127263v4_150x150_Front.jpg

Edit: Oh you said "used"...

So whats the deal with the bag of swag? Is it legit sold out, or are there just issues? I havent been following all of this much as I just got back from vacation but would like to pick it up if its available.

feel

Ramirez said:
I like the look of the bag itself, looking forward to getting it. Couldn't care less about the crap inside.

GhaleonEB

Got one. Day redeemed. <3

I wish everyone else had the same luck, though. I happened to be on IM when I was sent the link, clicked through, and it worked. I just about fell out of my chair.
Crucio said:
Sweet! Glad you got one Ghal, taking the day off for it, I hope you did.
Although I got my confirmation email, my credit card still doesn't show a charge! *anxious*.
I don't think they charge until it ships.

Tawpgun

Louis Wu said:
On a COMPLETELY different note, I was seriously amused when I checked out some of the supporter stats at HaloCharts - there's a section called 'Worst Teammate Recommendations', which nails down the people you play badly with.

roflgaf.png

What exactly does this take into account? Last time I played with you we won a bunch of games.

and I went crazy positive

Crucio

Sweet! Glad you got one Ghal, taking the day off for it, I hope you did.
Although I got my confirmation email, my credit card still doesn't show a charge! *anxious*.

Nutter

A27 Tawpgun said:
What exactly does this take into account? Last time I played with you we won a bunch of games.

and I went crazy positive
It means when he plays with you "he" does worst than his normal. I think..

Tawpgun

Wooooooow.

I haven't encountered Armor Lock in a while until I played Rumble Pit for lulz.

It reminded me how baffled I was that shit like that made it into this game. Wow.

Devin Olsen said:
Who was it that was going to give their extra bag to ghal? Since he has one mind if I have it :)?
That was me, but there's already a line.

If Ghal actually gets his, next in line is Hitmonchan, then ZayneH.

Sorry :(

Havok

Syracuse022 said:
I missed them again. Balls. Someone on HBO just posted pics of his bag here. Lots of nice stuff, definitely worth well over $30.
A copy of the Halo 2 LE with an Xbox Live code within.

Bungie be trollin'. :p

Top Bottom