• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

MrBig

MrBig said:
Can I get someone to help me out with swag bags? Major Williams was going to order one for me, but he's super busy today. I'd be able to pay you the ~$40 via paypal by the end of next week. PM me please
anyone? :C

heckfu

Banned
It's neat this is my last day of work at this job. I told my boss that my job was to press F5 for about 3 minutes...currently on minute 52 and she's as cool as a cucumber.

Which is pretty cool.

Kuroyume said:
Hey, thanks for clearing that all up. You're so fucking wise.
kury.png

Trasher said:
Via Halocharts:

Almost there!

So you have to pay money for the "supporter" stats? How much does it cost, Wu?

Yeah the stats app on my iPod says I am four years from Inheritor. BRB let me get that rank real quick.

3 years/15,548,204 Cr to Inheritor. I get a strong feeling that I'll never 'wear' that helmet.

At least I'll be able to get my squid-face helmet in a few days...

0p8Zj.png

A27_StarWolf said:
aye, but where do YOU fall :p
drunk, naked, and uncooperative, of course.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
299 days / 5,294 games to reach Inheritor =)
Where do you find this on the site?

Edit, NM.

1.2 years / 4,481 games to reach Inheritor

Yikes. I wonder if it takes into account the faster cR ambulation of the higher ranks.

Total Games: 3,044

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

Edit, NM.

Yikes. I wonder if it takes into account the faster cR ambulation of the higher ranks.

6.8 years / 13,540 games to reach Inheritor for me.

Yeah.

Hey You

30,896 credits until Noble
(1.3 days / 22.4 games)

1.5 years / 9,465 games to reach Inheritor

GhaleonEB said:

Edit, NM.

Should be on the left hand side of your Player page just under your player model.

Devin Olsen said:
"The community feels as though we have listened to them"

Uhmm, what?

Pretty sure the majority of people are shocked at how MP was handled. We asked for Halo 1 with XBL and ended up with Reach DLC.

Sure, I understand that they pleased people with the announcement, but for me personally it was just a dissapointment. Coming this fall I can pay to play the game I played 10 years ago with less content. yay. Dont get me wrong, any excuse to replay Halo 1 is good, but just seeing the graphical filter isnt enough to really excite me, I quite liked halo 1's original aesthetic.

Louis Wu said:
Yep - and there's another group that feels differently.

Your views (hell, GAF's views) do not represent the vast majority of the Halo fanbase. That's just the way it is. (That's not to say Dan was suggesting that they talked to everyone, and everyone agreed - I'm pretty sure he just meant they've received positive feedback. I'm sure they've received negative feedback, too - that's just not something you push when you're trying to make a good impression. :) )

On a COMPLETELY different note, I was seriously amused when I checked out some of the supporter stats at HaloCharts - there's a section called 'Worst Teammate Recommendations', which nails down the people you play badly with.

roflgaf.png

Funnily enough, for Halo 3 you are top of my list. :p I remember I played a few games with you just after Halo 2's last days on live, so I think I jumped off the map every time I went to press the lb button to talk lol.

GhaleonEB said:

Edit, NM.

It's probably just averaging your cR earnings per day thusfar, and using that average to predict your future earnings. Not a very good model since game complete payouts significantly increase per rank.

GhaleonEB

HiredN00bs said:
It's probably just averaging your cR earnings per day thusfar, and using that average to predict your future earnings. Not a very good model since game complete payouts significantly increase per rank.
Yup, you can see that from the posts above, where players need 15,000 games - but my stats say I'll reach it in half that in total. The playlists I play now pay 3x what they did a few months ago, so it's a poor estimate.

GhaleonEB said:

Edit, NM.

I have the Reach stats app for my iphone, and it seems to be taking a running average of your Cr/day/hour and basing the projections off of that. It's definitely not exact, but it's a pretty good indicator. The app also uses Cr remaining and doesn't mention games needed at all.

edit: beaten again

Tawpgun

I don't think it takes into account credits and challenges scaling up in amount. Some payouts don't make sense, but overall they've been increasing.

MrBig

Well this whole thing has been a mess. I won't be able to participate in any case thanks to my financial situation so I'll just take a break from gaf for today

Havok

FyreWulff said:
You're never going to see Halo DLC go free again while Don Mattrick works at MS.
Also, you're never going to see a press conference that's not totally awkward while Don Mattrick works at MS.

eeblogue

Neo Member
“We're sorry. The quantity that you requested is no longer available...”

We’ll that was an intense few hours of F5ing that could have turned out better.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ghaleon, it looks like they just couldn't put enough of the bags together. It sucks, but I don't think it's Bungie's fault that everyone snatched them up like piranhas.

Jironimo said:
Ghaleon, it looks like they just couldn't put enough of the bags together. It sucks, but I don't think it's Bungie's fault that everyone snatched them up like piranhas.
Did you get one? I was sitting here refreshing and somehow still didn't. Ugh.

I don't remember when it was, but I remember there being an issue with people contacting the wrong person at Bungie for media concerns.

I'm glad to see Bungie Aerospace come out with a "Contact Us" box right on the project's front page.

GhaleonEB

Jironimo said:
I'm actually not all that bummed that I didn't get one, since my chances were always low thanks to the low supply and high demand. I'm upset at how it was handled, and the roller coaster it put me through. I'll repost what I posted on b.net:

Just wanted to say, this was bad form.

I took a vacation day at work to make sure I was around to have a shot at one. The server crash was unfortunate, but to then tell everyone that there was no ETA, and then sneak them out through an unverified alternate seller was baffling.

I was tweeted the link to the Gorilla seller and told people not to buy, and directed them to the official Bungie link on Amazon.com and in the Bungie Store. By the time word got out that it was legit, they were gone.

So half my day was shot waiting, while Bungie misdirected people on where and when to look for the chance to buy one.

I knew demand was going to be high, and so didn't expect to snag one. But I hoped for a fair shot. This doesn't feel fair. It feels like I was the sort of person deliberately cut out of the loop.

I don't understand why you guys did this.

MrBig

With these reactions (on bnet) I hope a lawsuit doesn't come out of it, as I have seen happen to charity auctions quite a few times. People don't get what they want so they try to blame something and take matters into their own hands.

I would not assume that they intentionally mislead anyone.

Top Bottom