• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Kibbles

PsychoRaven said:
Wow the tears over Bungie day from the Bungie.net forums are hilarious. This one really is. This is your future 343. This is what you have to look forward too. lol

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62798044

This thread is just too funny.
V6uxe.gif

Ramirez

ElzarTheBam said:
As tacked on as the mp was, I also quite liked it, partly due to the atmosphere and art design it retained from the single player side of things. Also, I think Ken said there is no MP in infinite.

He said in a GI issue a while back, why bother making MP when there's so many games out there that do it better than what they could fit in, in time. B2's MP was decent, but it's not going to make you quit playing Halo/CoD, so I'm glad that they're not wasting their time on it. I really love reading interviews or whatever with Levine, he really gets "it". Bioshock was an amazing game.

however, not better than Hotel Dusk, the game of the forever, Luke and EazyB agree.

Letters said:
Translation = I got shat on and they laughed at me when I said I would destroy them on Halo :_( (wait, where do we stand on pooping jokes? Didn't mean to offend anyone!!)

lol, I know I'm way less inclined to play a game I don't beat 80% of the population at. :p Hello any RTS.

Bioshock 1 was amazing. Such a great story. Definitely didn't feel like it needed to be a trilogy though...it wrapped up pretty nice at the end of the first.

Such a great universe too. Welcome to the circus of valueeeeeeeee!

Ramirez said:
A trilogy? Infinite doesn't have anything to do with the first game does it?

Oh shit I dunno, maybe not. Still I feel at this point they should have just made a "new" game. Especially if it doesn't have anything to do with the first or second one! Its how I felt about Portal, it was such a cute little game that was pretty innovative and it was just a little short story of a game and then they had to go and add a whole big second game onto it, which while being a good game could have just been an entirely new game in itself. Its just so easy to cash in on reused assets with new levels, its actually kind of annoying and stalls new great things that are to come.

Ramirez

xxjuicesxx said:
Bioshock 1 was amazing. Such a great story. Definitely didn't feel like it needed to be a trilogy though...it wrapped up pretty nice at the end of the first.

Such a great universe too. Welcome to the circus of valueeeeeeeee!

A trilogy? Infinite doesn't have anything to do with the first game does it?

Ramirez said:
however, not better than Hotel Dusk, the game of the forever, Luke and EazyB agree.
Other people liked "Hotel Dusk"? I thought I was the only one!

And, one more thread derailing I swear, I didn't know "The Hobbit" was releasing production videos. Here's the second one. "The Hobbit" is my favorite book from Tolkien. I couldn't dig my teeth into the "Fellowship" trilogy.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
Other people liked "Hotel Dusk"? I thought I was the only one!

And, one more thread derailing I swear, I didn't know "The Hobbit" was releasing production videos. Here's the second one. "The Hobbit" is my favorite book from Tolkien. I couldn't dig my teeth into the "Fellowship" trilogy.

Dude, the game was amazing, I still have to import the UK version of the sequel. I take so much flak from these dudes for liking that game. :p

Tawpgun

Wu, is HBO going to continue to be a news portal for all things Halo? Or are you guys strictly Bungie?

I really hope you guys continue supporting the Halo franchise despite it being in 343's hands now. I'm betting you probably will be?

Karl2177

I'm probably an idiot for making 2 different orders at the same time, but now it has me slightly worried. I ordered a swag bag and a Burn Bright Burn Blue shirt. I just got the email from Amazon saying the shirt has shipped, but not the bag. Is there a delay on the round 2 bags, did I get cancelled, what's the situation with them?

Blinding

A27 Tawpgun said:
Wu, is HBO going to continue to be a news portal for all things Halo? Or are you guys strictly Bungie?

I really hope you guys continue supporting the Halo franchise despite it being in 343's hands now. I'm betting you probably will be?

I'd assume that they'd continue to use HBO for Halo related news and just make a new whatever.bungie.org site for whatever Bungie's next project ends up being.

darthbob

A27 Tawpgun said:

Well, it IS halo.bungie.org

Hotel...internet...painfully...slow...STOP...
Shuttle...launch...was...awesome...STOP...
Congrats...on...GAF...steaktaculars...STOP...
Suffering...from...BWU...withdrawal...already...STOP

MrBig

Back then I had assumed that it was just someone at 343 playing with the helmets on their internal builds, but now that people have brought up the "Armory Complete?" bit for when you get 100% and inheritor, I'm not sure. The main reason I didn't believe it was because all the armor models have been extracted from the game, but the tag structure in Reach was completely scrambled, so that makes me think they were just looking for changes in the calls to the armor idents and used those to identify and extract them, leaving the possibility of unidentified pieces.

Don't take anything I said seriously, it's just speculation.

Would anyone like to do a campaign run through just looking for stuff? I've yet to do much shenanigans in the Reach campaign and have just sat back as people have found everything. Ghal? Hitmon?

MooMoo

So wow. Bungie day has me playing more Halo Reach again but I'm about to go back to not touching it again. WTF are up with some of these maps in Team Slayer?

Striker

MooMoo said:
So wow. Bungie day has me playing more Halo Reach again but I'm about to go back to not touching it again. WTF are up with some of these maps in Team Slayer?
Note: don't play regular Team Slayer.

MooMoo

Lol, does it get rid of the terrible new maps I've been seeing? Because it's not the playtypes or the armor abilities that are bugging me. It's the maps.

zumphry

Banned
MrBig said:
Would anyone like to do a campaign run through just looking for stuff? I've yet to do much shenanigans in the Reach campaign and have just sat back as people have found everything. Ghal? Hitmon?

Hi

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MooMoo said:
Lol, does it get rid of the terrible new maps I've been seeing? Because it's not the playtypes or the armor abilities that are bugging me. It's the maps.
Are you talking about Forge maps? The only Forge map Squad has is Asylum.

MooMoo

Plywood said:
Are you talking about Forge maps? The only Forge map Squad has is Asylum.
Yup Forge maps sounds about right :p Sorry if my wording/terminology is all messed up, it's just been a long time since I've touched the game haha. And I guess I'll stick to Squad/Premium Slayer then. Thanks guys!

FyreWulff

MrBig said:
Back then I had assumed that it was just someone at 343 playing with the helmets on their internal builds, but now that people have brought up the "Armory Complete?" bit for when you get 100% and inheritor, I'm not sure. The main reason I didn't believe it was because all the armor models have been extracted from the game, but the tag structure in Reach was completely scrambled, so that makes me think they were just looking for changes in the calls to the armor idents and used those to identify and extract them, leaving the possibility of unidentified pieces.

Don't take anything I said seriously, it's just speculation.

I always assumed those extra helmets were encrypted in some form, waiting for some special DLC or server-side key or date to become available.

If you think about it, it'd be smart to set aside a "new" helmet for 343 employees when they take over (they don't get the Haunted helmet) or leave it aside in case you want to include higher ranks in a TU without having to move the goalposts on Haunted.

Now that I think about it though, has Bungie ever actually publically mentioned on their own how Haunted is unlocked? As far as I know, the only reason we know it unlocks at 100% armory completion is because the community figured it out.

MrBig

ZayneH said:
I wasn't thinking about this, but I'm taking some traditional painting classes the next two weeks so that will severely limit my ability to play, if I even have a reasonable access to wired internet. Tomorrow would be the last day I'd have a lot of time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Well it could be worse, you could not have a job at all.

That sounds horrible, where do you work?
Pool Service. I'm in the store testing water and selling supplies.

zumphry

Banned
MrBig said:
I wasn't thinking about this, but I'm taking some traditional painting classes the next two weeks so that will severely limit my ability to play, if I even have a reasonable access to wired internet. Tomorrow would be the last day I'd have a lot of time.

Nice. I was trying to get into painting classes at my local museum for the summer, but I tried to register too late. What time will you be on? I'm going to be busy around 3-4:30 but afterwards I'm free.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Good grief I just realized we're going to be onto OT5 in a few weeks. That went much faster than I thought it was going to.

Well we have had a lot of Halo related news lately. After Pax it should slow down till November. After that I see a small spurt then a big slowdown till Halo 4. Then of course there will be the Halo 4: OT.

MrBig

ZayneH said:
Nice. I was trying to get into painting classes at my local museum for the summer, but I tried to register too late. What time will you be on? I'm going to be busy around 3-4:30 but afterwards I'm free.
Ya, I had to get these classes well in advance. I took some traditional drawing classes at this college last year and it greatly improved my digital painting and everything I do. If I can get everything set up it will be after 5 est for the next week

Top Bottom