• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

MrBig said:
I wasn't thinking about this, but I'm taking some traditional painting classes the next two weeks so that will severely limit my ability to play, if I even have a reasonable access to wired internet. Tomorrow would be the last day I'd have a lot of time.
I took a drawing class at the community college in my hometown. I made an A because I flirted with the art teacher.

Art perspective is a bitch.

darthbob

Hitmonchan107 said:
I took a drawing class at the community college in my hometown. I made an A because I flirted with the art teacher.

Art perspective is a bitch.

At least your teacher wasn't.

:lol

^That Hobbit video was amazing, god I cant wait for that movie.

Plywood said:
Has this been posted before? Not sure if it was mentioned in here or the Bungie Day thread.

2AFH9.png

From this thread: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59238815

Interesting if it was seen in the armoury. I figured if it were something, it had to do with 343. It would be pretty awesome if Bungie did find a way to hide armour in the code to be unlocked after release that people didn't see or know about.

GhaleonEB said:
Good grief I just realized we're going to be onto OT5 in a few weeks. That went much faster than I thought it was going to.
Heh. We've been going through threads as I've been expecting. I expect we'll get to OT6 by time Anniversary rolls around.

Dug

Banned
Found an interesting little thread about this on Bnet, on the Bungie Webcams all the Xbox's are turned off except for one!

AiOIk.jpg

Some people think this might be a hint.

MrBig

The Real Napsta said:
What is that map in the picture?
It's just the hole in countdown.

Look like someone was looking through some films and then walked away while the last pic from the cams was uploaded.

Dug

Banned
MrBig said:
It's just the hole in countdown.

Look like someone was looking through some films and then walked away while the last pic from the cams was uploaded.
Doesn't the webcam update continuously though? Shouldn't the Xbox be off?

O D I N

Dug said:
Found an interesting little thread about this on Bnet, on the Bungie Webcams all the Xbox's are turned off except for one!

Some people think this might be a hint.

obi-wan.jpg

This isn't the hint you're looking for.

Move along.

FyreWulff

I just hope it doesn't become the new Hayabusa. Reach has avoided that problem thus far.

On the other hand, Ice Cream Cone Head was really easy to spot and see for sniping.

I liked to call people with both the Katana on their back and a Sniper Rifle "helicopters"

edit: in retrospect, I now sometimes wonder why the Katana wasn't the "Recon" of Halo 3, instead of the helmet. It was a lot more obvious.

Karl2177

Recarpo said:
My 2nd round bag is "shipping soon" on amazon, for what it's worth.
My bag still has "Shipping Soon" on Amazon as well. I'm now just wondering what the delay on the bags is.

FyreWulff said:
On the other hand, Ice Cream Cone Head was really easy to spot and see for sniping.
That reminded me of a really old shop I did.
myrecon.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Karl2177 said:
My bag still has "Shipping Soon" on Amazon as well. I'm now just wondering what the delay on the bags is.

That reminded me of a really old shop I did.
myrecon.jpg

Isn't that my Halo 3 Spartan? I remember taking a photo just like that (same armor, same armor color, same map, same pose) with Eazy because we were taking photos for urk to use for GAF's Bungie Favorites Bnet post.

I could be wrong, though. :p

Karl2177

Domino Theory said:
Isn't that my Halo 3 Spartan? I remember taking a photo just like that (same armor, same armor color, same map, same pose) with Eazy because we were taking photos for urk to use for GAF's Bungie Favorites Bnet post.

I could be wrong, though. :p
Could very well be. I Googled Recon and chose one of the better ones. I think the origin of it was someone on bungie.net said they wanted a frozen helmet instead of a flaming helmet. I delivered.

GECK said:
What TV are those?
It's Countdown. :lol

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
Could some of HaloGAF please play Halo Reach for once. That is all. Thank you.
yuno.png

y u no on when I'm on? Played some not fun games in Rumble Pit and got wrecked in Squad Slayer playing with Risen's friends... We got matched up with an insane team twice in a row. And our team wasn't working together at all.

kylej said:
gotta wake up early to work on the bike tomorrow. sorry bro.
Will you guys be on tomorrow morning? I'm free until 4:30 EST.

I still need to wash away all the Bungie Day Armor Lock with BK Blood.

GhaleonEB

When I wrote my speculation piece about the next Firefight map, one of the things I hoped for was no crates. I had two things in mind when I said that; one was the abundance of crates cluttering up Glacier.

The other was this crate on Unearthed, which I swear is magnetic or something. I get stuck down there rather often, as do Covenant.

Devin Olsen said:
I was at a concert for Vancouvers 125th birthday (mother mother is amazing). So I didn't have a chance to play much today but I'll be on first thing tomorrow morning and I'm free pretty much all day.
On that note, tomorrow my wife and kids are leaving to visit family for over a week. I'll have a wee bit more playtime. :D

I was at a concert for Vancouvers 125th birthday (mother mother is amazing). So I didn't have a chance to play much today but I'll be on first thing tomorrow morning and I'm free pretty much all day.

I got an idea for the Title Update,

Tie the loopy loops the Banshee does to its booster so it can only do TWO. Fuck its so overpowered!

xxjuicesxx said:

Tie the loopy loops the Banshee does to its booster so it can only do TWO. Fuck its so overpowered!
This times 1,000. Next to bloom, this is my biggest complaint with Reach.

The Banshee uses its booster when it flips and rolls. Why isn't that taking away from the energy reserves?

Voltron64

Sorry I went so negative tonight my halogaf brotherss. I guess tequila and heineken don't mix to well with Halo Reach .lololol

senador

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

Hitmonchan107 said:
This times 1,000. Next to bloom, this is my biggest complaint with Reach.

The Banshee uses its booster when it flips and rolls. Why isn't that taking away from the energy reserves?

I like bloom, but I do hope they fix the banshee. I don't play much BTB though.

What I'd really like to see addressed are spawns, weapon timers, and max weapon count.

I've either had bad spawns, my teammates have, or teams spawn right in front of me. It happens so much lately, and its so frustrating. Every map needs better spawns and safe zones or whatever. Spawning a member or more of each team at the same time at opposite sides of bottom hallway on Countdown actually is not a good spawn compared to when I've been spawned before enemies and in the middle of massive firefights.

Weapon timers and max on map... man they suck right now. Boardwalk, Asylum, and Countdown are the worst. My team got owned in Squad the other day because the other team controlled 3 snipers the whole time. 3! Then today in TS I had a sniper with over 15 rounds and a shotgun with 28. Well, my teammate also had an overly full shotgun and so did the other team. Shortly after noticing this, it turns out that the other team then grabbed an additional snipers even though I had the rounds from both snipers. How does this happen? This was without black screen, I can't imagine if one had happened. It'd be like Oprah: "A power weapon for you, and you, and you!! We all get power weapons!".

As for timers, I think they come back way too damn fast. Like Ram was saying the other day, snipes are never not in play on Asylum (or Boardwalk and others for that matter). Snipes could do with doubling (or 1.5x) of timers IMO. Anchor 9 could use a doubling on the time for rockets.

Good grief, hold me.

Yes but senador most of that stuff isn't changing the gameplay. Thats all playlist setting changes. That stuff won't be fixed until I'm hired.

I want to see the Banshee weakened as its way too strong at the moment. I'd like to see the banshee bomb radius reduced too if thats possible, right now you barely have to be close to get a kill.

It seems that whenever an enemy gets in the Banshee, they're huge bullet sponges, and their fuel rod shots are overpowered. When I get in the Banshee, 3 shots with a DMR can take me down, and my fuel rod shots do as much damage as a pea shooter.

senador

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Yes but senador most of that stuff isn't changing the gameplay. Thats all playlist setting changes. That stuff won't be fixed until I'm hired.

True. I should have prefaced by saying I hope 343i attends to those things via playlist management. Have you applied yet? You may have missed my introductory post, but I am all in favor of juiceska, or juiceamiah, or juicesonfire or whatever.

-Yeti said:
It seems that whenever an enemy gets in the Banshee, they're huge bullet sponges, and their fuel rod shots are overpowered. When I get in the Banshee, 3 shots with a DMR can take me down, and my fuel rod shots do as much damage as a pea shooter.

Same. I guess we are no good at the flipz.

Ken

-Yeti said:

Well, you are just a level 117 monster.

FyreWulff

Yeah, I have no idea why the banshee tricks didn't use the boost reserve. I don't have much hope for that being changed because they've yet to actually change vehicles in a TU, they just add new ones to the .maps (see also: Transport Falcon)

I guess in theory they could either bring back the H3 Banshee model and call it a "Skirmish Banshee" or something that has a slower fuel rod and it's tricks use the energy meter.

It'd be neat if we could get Space Banshees in a multiplayer map.

At least it's finally possible to do the full range of banshee tricks with Legacy sticks in Reach. For years I've been stuck only being able to backflip since Halo 2. Reach finally lets me barrel roll. It's like the vehicle has completely changed for me :lol

Banshees go down fast though, if you just teamshoot them with DMRs. I think people have been trained by Halo 2 and 3 too much where the BR/Pistol was pretty much useless against the banshee. DMR/Pistol eats them up now.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Oh man. "Halo 4" has some major competition for my Game of the Year 2012.

Just watched that earlier. I hope Halo 4 is AMAZING, but nothing in 2012 will top the gaming experience for me that Infinite will provide.

Anyone hating on Bioshock 1 is straight trolling lol. At the very least, if you hate on Bioshock 1, you hate narrative in games, which is sad. In my opinion, the first Bioshock is the best single player experience of this generation, and by a country mile.

Also, you peps see the new Hobbit production video? HAWT <3

FyreWulff

I see comparing Halo 4 to Bioshock as somewhat silly. They'll both be good games, and serve completely different playstyles and experiences. Although I still believe there should still be 3 year gaps between mainline Halo titles - knowing that it seems MS wants them every two years now, why should I buy DLC if the userbase is going to have moved on in a year? It's the same reason I've never bought CoD DLC.

Unless they want to actually do something innovative like make Halo 4 / 5 / 6 an FPS "platform" like Rock Band where we can export maps from Halo 4 and use it's DLC in 5 and 6.

FyreWulff said:
I see comparing Halo 4 to Bioshock as somewhat silly. They'll both be good games, and serve completely different playstyles and experiences. Although I still believe there should still be 3 year gaps between mainline Halo titles - knowing that it seems MS wants them every two years now, why should I buy DLC if the userbase is going to have moved on in a year? It's the same reason I've never bought CoD DLC.

Unless they want to actually do something innovative like make Halo 4 / 5 / 6 an FPS "platform" like Rock Band where we can export maps from Halo 4 and use it's DLC in 5 and 6.

I'll buy COD DLC any day of the week because it actually has good implementation. DLC implementation in Halo is horrible, and doesn't make buying DLC worth it. I'll be taking a stand against Halo 4 DLC unless there is good implementation.

Top Bottom