• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

wwm0nkey

There are some cases in which teleporters are NEEDED for maps, something like Beaver Creek would not work with man cannons lol

Now Headlong totally could though (still pictures a new version of Headlong done is a jungle/human environment like Portal 2)

Schmitty

wwm0nkey said:
You know what I miss?

Waterworks.jpg[/IMG]
&
Headlong.jpg[/IMG]

These maps really needs to be remade.

343 could just do a full remake of all Halo 2 maps in Halo 4 and I'd be really happy. I would not even care if there were no new ones.

Striker

I'm curious to what 343 has in store for new, original maps. Bungie had a lot of bad ones in their past two games, although they had some good ones as well, to be fair to them. I just think the bad ones really out-weigh the good ones.

I also don't consider Asylum, Hemorrhage, and Pinnacle as "true remakes" like Beaver Creek, Coagulation, Elongation, etc. - they're forged. It's the map in design, but surely not accurate enough. Reflection would be the only considerable one.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
I'm curious to what 343 has in store for new, original maps. Bungie had a lot of bad ones in their past two games, although they had some good ones as well, to be fair to them. I just think the bad ones really out-weigh the good ones.

I also don't consider Asylum, Hemorrhage, and Pinnacle as "true remakes" like Beaver Creek, Coagulation, Elongation, etc. - they're forged. It's the map in design, but surely not accurate enough. Reflection would be the only considerable one.

Pinnacle, Assylum and Hemo are all designed within ForgeWorld and had Forge items designed from their buildings. They are proper remakes using the Forge aesthetic and environment. They essentially had ForgeWorld built around them (literally).

Whether you consider remakes or not is moot. They are remakes.

Miggytronz

Dani said:
Pinnacle, Assylum and Hemo are all designed within ForgeWorld and had Forge items designed from their buildings. They are proper remakes using the Forge aesthetic and environment. They essentially had ForgeWorld built around them (literally).

This

AusQB

As long as Boarding Action is included in CE Anniversary I'll be happy.

I don't really care what goes into Halo 4 as there should never have been a Halo 4. Granted I can't wait to see where the story goes, but it had been said years ago that the story arc following Master Chief was only going to be a trilogy. Adding a quaternary iteration completely defies all integrity and ruins the possibility of a new story arc.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
AusQB said:
As long as Boarding Action is included in CE Anniversary I'll be happy.

I don't really care what goes into Halo 4 as there should never have been a Halo 4. Granted I can't wait to see where the story goes, but it had been said years ago that the story arc following Master Chief was only going to be a trilogy. Adding a quaternary iteration completely defies all integrity and ruins the possibility of a new story arc.

i like laser PEW PEW PEW

AusQB said:
Adding a quaternary iteration completely defies all integrity and ruins the possibility of a new story arc.
Do you look on all un-planned sequels like this?
Back to the Future was intended to be one movie, before it got super successful and they changed the ending to say "To Be Continued".

CyReN

Hmmm not a bad idea. If it did happen would anybody like to help with brackets and what not? I'd like to limit it to 16 people and use MLG rules.

CyReN

I work full time but I'll try and think of something while I'm at work this week for it (I know right lol). I'd like to keep it in the USA because of shipping reason but if someone from Canada/Europe/etc want to compete and are willing to pay for the shipping I'll send it. Also it wouldn't be this weekend, I'll be lanning h2:)

Sound cool for everyone?

Tawpgun

They never said Halo 3 was the end of Master Chief. Just the end of that story arc. Now they're starting a new story arc. Almost like the two Star Wars trilogies.

I for one welcome the chief back. As well as Spartan II's in MP. III's are slow as fuck and rely on armor ability crutches :p

Zeouterlimits said:
Whuh? Am I mis-reading this?
Gui_PT said:
I am confused too
No, you didn't misread it. I think my lack of sleep is affecting my ability to think clearly... Overnight shifts can do odd things to a person's brain, and I'm already not the brightest person around. Post-edit incoming :p

Sec0nd

Hey guys, my GAF account was recently activated so I thought it would be a good idea to swing by the thread I used to lurk a lot and post my ( older ) Halo montages!

No Halo Reach unfortunatley since I don't like the new Halo at all. The bloom and the AAs killed it for me :(.

Story of my Life My favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lgruOV20t0

Montage 2 Not a fan of this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KUzqPbuZDQ

Montage 3 This one is pretty awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_MIf0X9ro

Random 'tage This one contains all the random and fun stuff that we know from the Halo games!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRFRI1G72E

Social stuff montage This one is alright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iqm5oCelws

Halo 2 mini tage Old Halo 2 mini montage I made, pretty fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D6l5JFFPC4

I've got some more Halo 2 stuff but I can't find it at the moment and I don't want to spam this entire thread with all my stuff :lol

Dani said:

I'd agree with Pinnacle and Hemo, but Asylum is so far from Sanctuary I sometimes wonder if whoever forged Asylum even looked at Sanctuary while doing it, or had ever forged a map before.

Deputy Moonman said:
No, you didn't misread it. I think my lack of sleep is affecting my ability to think clearly... Overnight shifts can do odd things to a person's brain, and I'm already not the brightest person around. Post-edit incoming :p
Heh, no problem. I guessed as much, just wanted to be sure I wasn't the tired one.

after playing this game more after a long break for black ops, I've really started to wonder how Bungie made so many bad maps. It's like they were intentionally making poor maps.

thezerofire said:
is it bad that I agreed with pretty much everything from your tag?
Hmm... You probably don't want to go around admitting that kind of information, lol. It's dangerous! I went out and bashed everyone who appreciates what handhelds have to offer and got stuck with an eternal branding of shame.
Zeouterlimits said:
Heh, no problem. I guessed as much, just wanted to be sure I wasn't the tired one.
I'm glad you guys said something,
bobs99 included,
or people would still be wondering what in the world I was talking about, lol.

Karl2177

My Burn Bright Burn Blue shirt arrived today and it fits great. I'm still seeing shipping soon from amazon on the swag bag. Urk, if you're lurking around, could we have an update on the second round bags, please?

Deputy Moonman said:
Hmm... You probably don't want to go around admitting that kind of information, lol. It's dangerous! I went out and bashed everyone who appreciates what handhelds have to offer and got stuck with an eternal branding of shame.
I really have no interest in mobile gaming. It's not something I intend to do in public. But I guess I'm not in the majority there haha

thezerofire said:
I really have no interest in mobile gaming. It's not something I intend to do in public. But I guess I'm not in the majority there haha

I like to think that you could download a mobile app that has something TO DO with the game. More than just stats however.

A27_StarWolf said:
I like to think that you could download a mobile app that has something TO DO with the game. More than just stats however.
I'm having trouble trying to figure out what you're saying. Are you saying that I have an interest in playing games on my phone? That I would be interested in a halo-related app? something else?

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
It can't give someone an advantage in any way though. Because that's just bullshit.

FyreWulff said:
You know what was a stupid form of "boosting"? When I saw people with like 30,000 customs in Halo 3. I always informed them that starting and quitting customs did nothing to their matchmaking host record, but I guess they liked to believe they hadn't spent hours upon hours wasting their time starting and quitting custom games :lol
It thought this was because one of the earlier methods to suspending objects in Forge was to save and quit while holding them in position, increasing the custom game count.

Cool spawns bro!

Can anyone render this for me?
This is why I looooove Utopie and it's Banshee...

OT: For those who habitually browse GAF, Waypoint or Bungie.net from their iphones/ mobile devices I recommend you downloading the Opera Mini app, it loads them way faster than Safari ;)

A27 Tawpgun said:
It can't give someone an advantage in any way though. Because that's just bullshit.

Imagine something like this working for eve.

The developers could create an in game stock market. You know those phone apps people have to keep track of stocks, sell, trade, and buy them? What if you could do that with an app on your mobile device. That would be an example.

Havok

A27_StarWolf said:
Imagine something like this working for eve.

The developers could create an in game stock market. You know those phone apps people have to keep track of stocks, sell, trade, and buy them? What if you could do that with an app on your mobile device. That would be an example.
World of Warcraft has an auction house app. EVE's devs don't give a shit about game balance, considering they're planning on selling stuff that breaks the game, like weapons and ships.

Also, unrelated: Fuck you, psychic thermal vision Exodus Wraiths.

Top Bottom