• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Havok said:
World of Warcraft has an auction house app. EVE's devs don't give a shit about game balance, considering they're planning on selling stuff that breaks the game, like weapons and ships.

Also, unrelated: Fuck you, psychic thermal vision Exodus Wraiths.

I was concerned you were aiming that fuck you at me lol. Assuming that this new game will be an MMO, a mobile app will have a lot of potential. Perhaps purchase a new weapon, or how about check the status on your ships repair?

Karl2177

A27_StarWolf said:
I was concerned you were aiming that fuck you at me lol. Assuming that this new game will be an MMO, a mobile app will have a lot of potential. Perhaps purchase a new weapon, or how about check the status on your ships repair?
Or have a world that is always there for you. Wouldn't that be cool?

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
They best have the Chromehounds War mode. I'm still waiting on a game that has a mode like that. Seriously, why hasn't anyone done it?
Dont remind me :(

Best online game mode ever and no one has even thought of copying it. It made you feel like you where actually fighting a large scale war and gave you incentive to win.

Good thing we have Armored Core V though (its basically ChromeHounds 2)

darthbob

wwm0nkey said:
Dont remind me :(

Best online game mode ever and no one has even thought of copying it. It made you feel like you where actually fighting a large scale war and gave you incentive to win.

If that reboot of MechWarrior ever releases, hopefully it'll be something like that.

GhaleonEB

I was hoping the LASO runs would do their encore runs as daily, rather than weekly, Challenges, and we would see a renewed focus on either new or updated MP and FF ones for the weeklies. Would be a great way to punch up the dailies, droping one a week on say, Sunday or Saturday. I just sort of shrugged at seeing one show up today, and such a random mission.

Though, given where Bungie is in the handoff process, maybe Exodus is a metaphor.

Ramirez

Rumble Pit is such a mess, people always vote for AR starts, I'm the only one on the leader board with Pistol ToD pretty much every game, everyone else is AR/Frag/Melee, ugh. My first game of the day I was one off from having more headshots than the other 7 guys combined, hypothetically trueskill should be matching me against people who enjoy that type of gameplay, HMMM.

I'd really love to see 343 tweak the weapon sets on some of these maps, Countdown and Swordbase in particular do not need a sword & shotgun. It just promotes the terrible campy gameplay that already happens on those maps even when people don't have those weapons...

I would post about how much I hate AL in there as well, but I think we all know about that already...

darthbob

GhaleonEB said:
I was hoping the LASO runs would do their encore runs as daily, rather than weekly, Challenges, and we would see a renewed focus on either new or updated MP and FF ones for the weeklies. Would be a great way to punch up the dailies, droping one a week on say, Sunday or Saturday. I just sort of shrugged at seeing one show up today, and such a random mission.

Though, given where Bungie is in the handoff process, maybe Exodus is a metaphor.

I really enjoyed seeing the "complete 9 campaign on Heroic" Weekly. Good stuff there.

LASO runs, while challenging, presented too much difficulty for the average player. Didn't really make me want to continue on with Pillar of Autumn on LASO.

Of course, I suppose the whole concept of the LASO run isn't meant for the 'average' player anyways.

Tunavi

Banned
Ramirez said:
I'd really love to see 343 tweak the weapon sets on some of these maps, Countdown and Swordbase in particular do not need a sword & shotgun. It just promotes the terrible campy gameplay that already happens on those maps even when people don't have those weapons...

I would post about how much I hate AL in there as well, but I think we all know about that already...
I am working on a list of updates that Reach needs in terms of playlists as well as the title update. The sword and shotgun being replaced with a grenade launcher and focus rifle on Countdown is on my list...

Trasher

A27 Tawpgun said:
They best have the Chromehounds War mode. I'm still waiting on a game that has a mode like that. Seriously, why hasn't anyone done it?
Chromehounds was amazing. Perhaps my favorite multiplayer experience on the 360.

That is all.

GhaleonEB said:

Metaphor or no, its a shitty weekly lol.

Tunavi said:
I am working on a list of updates that Reach needs in terms of playlists as well as the title update. The sword and shotgun being replaced with a grenade launcher and focus rifle on Countdown is on my list...

I like that idea. Can we run some games this week sometimes with those weapons? I'll set it up, we just need 8 people.

wwm0nkey

darthbob said:
Steel Battalion is better. :p
Well we are getting a new Steel Battalion too! so ha!

Seriously though could any of you imagine how cool it would have been if Reach would have had an online mode like Chromehounds where we fight to take control over territories on Reach.

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
I like that idea. Can we run some games this week sometimes with those weapons? I'll set it up, we just need 8 people.
I'll come out of retirement for that :p

Edit: We should place Armor Abilites as pick-ups on maps and playtest that too. I'm going to be pushing 343 to implement AA pickups into certain playlists (Squad, Team Objective, Arena, BTB, Premium, and Doubles - evade, jetpack, and hologram only). Zealot needs another power weapon, maybe Rockets with only two shots on the lower level. Boardwalk could use a grenade launcher instead of a plasma lawn chair.

darthbob

wwm0nkey said:

Seriously though could any of you imagine how cool it would have been if Reach would have had an online mode like Chromehounds where we fight to take control over territories on Reach.

With Kinect support no less...

Could be good or bad I guess. I just don't want to see a new MechAssault.

Ramirez

Tunavi said:

FR on CD, wat?

Bread

Banned
darthbob said:
No problem, I just got my Bungie Pro refill like 2 days ago. :D

Edit: Nice vid, I was more impressed by the Pro Pipe usage than the 'lucky' snipe.
Haha I love that gun, I'm confused as to how I didn't get the kill for that shot though.

Tawpgun

wwm0nkey said:

Would have been better than goddamn Invasion.

Of course if the Elites remained the same they would be the Sal Kar of Reach War Mode.

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:

This is exactly what I think Bungie's next game will do. I think it'll be sci-fi FPS, but on a larger scale than Halo. I think it'll have persistent battles where you fight over portions of a world or worlds.

Also, you'll be able to play against players on PS3, 360, and PC with a mobile element coming into play in some way. I think you'll actually be able to play parts of the game from your mobile app, and it won't be a side experience or stats tracking, but will actually help you progress your main account. The multiple platforms all intermingled sounds right up Bungie's alley of innovating in a newish way.

That's my Bungie Next speculation.

Tunavi said:
The Grenade Launcher would be an unstoppable beast on Countdown.

MrBig

squidhands said:
It would work well as a replacement for shotgun or sword. One of those needs to go with something that takes at least a small amount of skill.

Tunavi

Banned
squidhands said:
It's a power weapon. And with 3 or 4 shots, it wouldn't be too deadly.
Especially compared to a team that camps the top with both the sword AND shotgun at the same time.

Countdown needs to lose the shotgun, sword, or both.

senador

Banned
Tunavi said:
It wasn't designed to be a close quarters weapon, but it is. The thing sucks at long range, deadly at close range. Would be a great weapon on that map.

I hate getting shot by that thing. I think paired with the hallways of Countdown it would make for not a fun experience.

squidhands said:

MrBig said:
It would work well as a replacement for shotgun or sword. One of those needs to go with something that takes at least a small amount of skill.

I think the thumper should be on every map. ;) I love it. It could be overpowered but it'd also be pretty baller at flushing out top health pack area as well as the top of each lift. So many people ignore it, and many are no good with it, so it may actually be just fine.

I wouldn't mind sword being removed from the map. With Sprint and narrow hallways its a beast. The other night I got a Rampage and Slice 'n Dice due to the sword. 14 sword kills. That's just stupid.

I'd like to see weapon placement fixed. Maybe put shotgun in the middle of the bottom floor instead of bottom of the lift. The Reach guys sure seemed to have a fascination with putting power weapons were they are best used (for the most part).

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
Would have been better than goddamn Invasion.

Of course if the Elites remained the same they would be the Sal Kar of Reach War Mode.
Didnt Sal Kar only win like twice? lol

Also just do a thing where you will be split up 50/50 or something to that effect.

Tunavi said:
I'll come out of retirement for that :p

Edit: We should place Armor Abilites as pick-ups on maps and playtest that too. I'm going to be pushing 343 to implement AA pickups into certain playlists (Squad, Team Objective, Arena, BTB, Premium, and Doubles - evade, jetpack, and hologram only). Zealot needs another power weapon, maybe Rockets with only two shots on the lower level. Boardwalk could use a grenade launcher instead of a plasma lawn chair.

Yeah not sure if its worth ending my glorious retirement haha.

Grenade Launcher or Shotgun in the 'Basement' (bottom mid) on Zealot would work pretty well I think. As for Countdown, what you originally came up with would work pretty well I think. Grenade Launcher where the shotgun was, Focus Rifle where the Sword was, and Concussion stays were it is. I don't know what the hell to do with Boardwalk...

Speaking of our epic blaze of glory that we exited Reach with, the video has about 1,800 downloads on Bnet and 2,200 views on Youtube. I have been offered MS points in exchange for someone to commentate the gameplay lol, and I had no less than about 20 FR and messages when I got on Xbox last night from randoms asking about that game lol.

Internet fame

A27 Tawpgun said:
Powerhouse, Zealot, and Boardwalk are some of the better maps in Reach, but they aren't re-make quality classics.

Also, I figured I'd post a sig (lol) I made a long time ago. Seems relevant to the thread.

29x8xf7.png

I use it at every forum that has sigs enabled.
I LOVE IT.

You should do another with Noble Six the biggest, then the ODST, then a Spartan from Halo Wars.

Recarpo

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going under the assumption that it will be cancelled.

That's kind of how I'm leaning at this point, too. Has anything been said about how much over the 777 they were planning on selling was actually sold by amazon?

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:
Speaking of our epic blaze of glory that we exited Reach with, the video has about 1,800 downloads on Bnet and 2,200 views on Youtube. I have been offered MS points in exchange for someone to commentate the gameplay lol, and I had no less than about 20 FR and messages when I got on Xbox last night from randoms asking about that game lol.

Internet fame
I've gotten like 10 FR's, as well as people challenging me to fight them. That was such a bad game for me I don't even know why.

Has bungie contacted you about the steaks yet? The terms said they would by today but I haven't heard anything from them.

MrBig said:
It would work well as a replacement for shotgun and sword. One of those needs to go with something that takes at least a small amount of skill.
Agreed. Never been a big fan of the Sword, so I'm up for replacing it as often as possible. And I never said having the GL on Countdown would be a bad thing. :)

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Yeah not sure if its worth ending my glorious retirement haha.

Grenade Launcher or Shotgun in the 'Basement' (bottom mid) on Zealot would work pretty well I think. As for Countdown, what you originally came up with would work pretty well I think. Grenade Launcher where the shotgun was, Focus Rifle where the Sword was, and Concussion stays were it is. I don't know what the hell to do with Boardwalk...

Internet fame
lol someone took a picture of the rocket you miraculously dodged at the beginning! Also, Kwatz saved your ass at 2:00 with the hologram haha. And no one on our team went for the initial rocket spawn... And if anyone was wondering how the post-game conversation was, it went something like this
(Hitmonchan is Alan)

Hey You

I would something like Spec Ops from MW2 in a Halo game.

Like activities from the campaign (space mission, Reach racer etc), timed based runs , huge battles and clearing out areas.

Instead of loading up a campaign mission and getting to the point, you can just load up a "spec ops" lobby. Challenges and commendations can be made related to the mode and matchmaking versions of this so players can earn higher credit payouts (equal to FF or MM payouts).

Top Bottom