• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
I'm trying to like it. Maybe we can get some games in and you can show me whats up.

One thing I really like is they basically made the perfect assist system. I get so many damn assists because its all damage based. Some big assists and some really small ones but they all seem to count, Its what I suggested Reach did back during my beta impressions. Honestly I couldn't think of a way they could improve it.

Yeah, I have some papers to do today, but I'll definitely be on tonight.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yo just got Reach through the MS Live Beta last Monday. Stayed up waaaayyyy to late last night, and finally completed campaign for the 1st time. Did it solo on Legendary, and considering I'm not a good Halo player it took waaayyy longer than it probably should have. LOL

Final few levels after you drop out of the heli were hard to keep track off. At 1st I was like just a little bit more, and I'll beat this level and head to bed. Then I was like hmmm I've been playing for a while but I couldn't remember getting achievements to know when I was on to the next mission. Then it was like boom *credits start to roll* LOL

I suck GAF, but would gladly play with you guys and gals if you'll have me. Alien my GT is the same as on steam. :p

krakov

xxjuicesxx said:
Also wheres my stats online how do I link my games? Essentially every game is lost after its played.

I didn't play Gears 2 a whole lot, but I'm sure it had online stats pretty similar to the bungie stuff. Not sure if you could link specific games though.

Hey You

Gaaah too much Gears talk in this Halo thread :/

Brettison said:
I suck GAF, but would gladly play with you guys and gals if you'll have me. Alien my GT is the same as on steam. :p
There are reach customs every Saturday Night around 5pm PST (I believe that's right?). So look for the post sometime today.

Alienshogun said:
It has a steep learning curve that will probably turn a lot of people off.

lol

gow101as9.jpg

Havok

Oh hey look guys, it's the Halo thread. Not the fucking Gears thread. Go shit up another section of the internet. Christ.

GhaleonEB

A couple times in the past two days I've clicked on the thread and honestly thought I was in the wrong one. I don't like Gears of War, and don't want to be in a thread about it. Please drop the Gears shit. :\

Fun daily Challenge. Hopefully this approach of meatier Challenges on the weekend continues. I took my time working through it and got through the mission without having to do the save/quit tactic. Ran into B.O.B. along the way, bonus.

I'm guessing customs are DOA today.

Havok said:
Oh hey look guys, it's the Halo thread. Not the fucking Gears thread. Go shit up another section of the internet. Christ.

I was discussing how Halo's feature set still blows GoW away and how the assist system differs. I really don't see how that doesn't involve Halo, both of them being shooters of a sort its great to compare and contrast.

You aren't the internet police. Let the mods do it, not you.

There was a lot of Black Ops talk in the Halo threads when that game was released too.

As long as people keep it rational and don't resort to "X is better than Y" I don't see why you have to cry so hard about it.

wwm0nkey

the only reason I brought up Gears was because 3 really is how a follow up to a game should be done. None of this equipment/AA shit. Just took the core game play and made it smooth and feel different but still recognizable if you played the game in the past.

That is the only thing I have to say about it on this thread, all other talk about it should stay on the MP Beta OT on the gaming section.

EDIT: Basically how Halo 2 was similar to Halo 1 but played completely differently.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
A couple times in the past two days I've clicked on the thread and honestly thought I was in the wrong one. I don't like Gears of War, and don't want to be in a thread about it. Please drop the Gears shit. :\

Fun daily Challenge. Hopefully this approach of meatier Challenges on the weekend continues. I took my time working through it and got through the mission without having to do the save/quit tactic. Ran into B.O.B. along the way, bonus.

I'm guessing customs are DOA today.

Sorry about that, got carried away.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
So I imagine you are really good at it then?

Anyone can make some smart ass chart to make a game seem trivial.
Lol chill out bro. Gears is a popular game and a lot of HaloGAF has played. There's no need to defend it so hard. I thought that chart was pretty funny.

Havok

xxjuicesxx said:
I was discussing how Halo's feature set still blows GoW away and how the assist system differs. I really don't see how that doesn't involve Halo, both of them being shooters of a sort its great to compare and contrast.

You aren't the internet police. Let the mods do it, not you.

There was a lot of Black Ops talk in the Halo threads when that game was released too.

As long as people keep it rational and don't resort to "X is better than Y" I don't see why you have to cry so hard about it.
I wasn't referring to you, it was more the crap on this page.

(for the record, I agree with you about the assists.)

Hey You

Yeah, its fine if you want to compare features with halo and what not, but alot of posts are straight up Gears talk with no Halo.

Anyways, surprisingly I managed to knock out all of the challenges.

Got the 3 assassinations in Hockey (big surprise). I was thinking I'll see if I can get these, no biggy if I don't. So many yoinks and assassinations in the game. Managed to get 3 in the last 2 minutes (somehow).

I got the Campaign one with little frustration (I was expecting some).

Glad to get all of them done.

J-Roderton

Just spent every credit I had. Reached Brig and bought the Master Chief helmet. So broke now. Wish things weren't so damned expensive.

MrBig

Jroderton said:
Just spent every credit I had. Reached Brig and bought the Master Chief helmet. So broke now. Wish things weren't so damned expensive.
you get so many monies after hitting the higher officer ranks.
I had every single helmet in the game bought by general and have over half of all the upgrades for them all now.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Seems so.
I finally figured out how to fix Crossroads with some simple changes. I'd done probably six start and stop attempts, before having an epiphany.

Wouldn't be ready for today anyways, though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I finally figured out how to fix Crossroads with some simple changes. I'd done probably six start and stop attempts, before having an epiphany.

Sweet, I was disappointed when you said you couldn't finish the map and how things didn't turn out the way you expected them to, I'd be eager to see what you're having in mind.

J-Roderton

MrBig said:
you get so many monies after hitting the higher officer ranks.
I had every single helmet in the game bought by general and have over half of all the upgrades for them all now.

Okay, cool. I've heard that you get more cR after you reach higher ranks. So far I haven't really noticed much of a difference. So it's true? I'm only a Brig so I'm not sure how much of a change I should be seeing.

MrBig

Jroderton said:
Okay, cool. I've heard that you get more cR after you reach higher ranks. So far I haven't really noticed much of a difference. So it's true? I'm only a Brig so I'm not sure how much of a change I should be seeing.
It's not a sudden change. The amount of game completion credits increase after every rank up.
I get around 3-4k per average game.

Karl2177

I cannot wait for the BTB update. The day when I'm not forced to play through BTB Slayer on Spire will be a good day. Time to see what Matchmaking throws at me this time as I make another go round.

Oh God, it's Bro Slayer on Hemorrhage.

Hey You said:
Some of us just don't play Gears and we wish to discuss/read Halo stuff.
Indeed, it's not like their isn't a Gears beta thread and community organising thread.

Hope to be on around customs time in case people are their :)

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Sweet, I was disappointed when you said you couldn't finish the map and how things didn't turn out the way you expected them to, I'd be eager to see what you're having in mind.
Tw'as a case of cartographer's block, mixed with a bad day.

I'll be around much of the day if anyone wants to do, well, pretty much anything Halo related. Gonna be tinkering away in Forge otherwise.

GhaleonEB said:

I've always hoped you'd get around to finishing that map. It's got some serious potential.

ElRenoRaven

Zeouterlimits said:
Indeed, it's not like their isn't a Gears beta thread and community organising thread.

Hope to be on around customs time in case people are their :)

Exactly. It's nice to come to the Halo thread to discuss Halo and Bungie stuff. If we want Gears and Epic discussion there is that thread.

vhfive

GhaleonEB said:

I think I'm gonna try to actually finish a btb map. I have about 5 different ones that I've started then got frustrated and stopped.

Striker

Karl2177 said:
I cannot wait for the BTB update. The day when I'm not forced to play through BTB Slayer on Spire will be a good day. Time to see what Matchmaking throws at me this time as I make another go round.

Oh God, it's Bro Slayer on Hemorrhage.
Don't you love the million flavors of Slayer?

Trasher

Ramirez said:
It's pretty great to play an online game and not notice anyone with a huge latency advantage over you...
I've never heard you say that one before. >_>

Is this the Reach beta thread again?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
Tw'as a case of cartographer's block, mixed with a bad day.

I'll be around much of the day if anyone wants to do, well, pretty much anything Halo related. Gonna be tinkering away in Forge otherwise.
I could do some Firefightin' if you're around.

wwm0nkey

In 5v5 slayer I would like to see a limited life slayer gametype

Elimination-
Each player gets 5 (or 10) lives. I just like the whole Elimination idea and that and tradition 5v5 slayer would fit nicely together.

Karl2177

wwm0nkey said:
In 5v5 slayer I would like to see a limited life slayer gametype

Elimination-
Each player gets 5 (or 10) lives. I just like the whole Elimination idea and that and tradition 5v5 slayer would fit nicely together.
And the random idiots who play wouldn't frustrate you? I've thought about Halo having a limited lives multiplayer mode, but with Ghaleon's complaints about morons in Limited and knowing the some of the Reach populace, I realized it would be awful.

Someone needs to tell N0F that Baskin Robbins called, they want their 31 BTB Slayer variants back.
Yeah, I'm a pro at terrible jokes.

wwm0nkey

Karl2177 said:
And the random idiots who play wouldn't frustrate you? I've thought about Halo having a limited lives multiplayer mode, but with Ghaleon's complaints about morons in Limited and knowing the some of the Reach populace, I realized it would be awful.

Someone needs to tell N0F that Baskin Robbins called, they want their 31 BTB Slayer variants back.
Yeah, I'm a pro at terrible jokes.
Random idiots annoy me and every game and gametype, I play this game mostly with friends anyway and I think it would be a fun MM game type.

JB1981

so i think i got a handle on the space battles. once you know what to do they are actually quite awesome. i am still having a hard time with these f*cking Elites on Legendary, though! It seems like the only way I can take them down fast is with the n00b combo.

Striker

JB1981 said:
so i think i got a handle on the space battles. once you know what to do they are actually quite awesome. i am still having a hard time with these f*cking Elites on Legendary, though! It seems like the only way I can take them down fast is with the n00b combo.
Using the repeated shots from the plasma pistol is also a general good alternative.

Top Bottom