• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB said:
LASO: Exodus down, and it was fun. Dax, Natalie and I romped through it in just under two hours. It wasn't hard per se, just lots of firefights that took a while to chip through. We didn't look up any guides or take any shortcuts, just plowed on through. (Well, until the end when Dax snuck in and hit the big red button before we'd cleared the place out, but I had a Wraith so if that didn't work we'd just have shelled the place flat.)

Fun mission, marred by some of the BS that often comes out during LASO runs. Exodus has more than its share, but it's otherwise one of the stronger missions in the game. (We got Banshee bombed from behind on the rail ride three times; Dax was killed by a Wraith firing backward, and so on.)

Brutes are a cakewalk next to Elites on Mythic. Here's hoping for a Firefight weekly Challenge next week. (It'll be MP.)
Yeah despite a couple of things that was probably my favorite LASO run. It's either that or Oni: Sword Base.

Also, I gotta love HaloGAF. Limit the AR to be effective only at close range, people will complain that it's useless. Make the AR effective at medium and close range, then it's obnoxious. :/

GloveSlap said:
100% agreed. I won't use it either. I don't care how effective it is, running forward and spraying is just completely lame. Same goes for armor lock. There are some things just so offensive from a gameplay perspective that i won't go anywhere near them. I would rather die(in the game).
YEAH! You boycott that digital content. Bungie are gunna be REAL PISSED when people suddenly stop using ARs and AL. Fight the good fight and I am sure in Halo: N+1 (Where N equals the current Halo title available) they will address your concerns.

I'm not picking on just you, but this whole idea that if I show people I can not use an AR, that ought to show 'em, is a really silly one in my very honest opinion.

GloveSlap

Hydranockz said:
YEAH! You boycott that digital content. Bungie are gunna be REAL PISSED when people suddenly stop using ARs and AL. Fight the good fight and I am sure in Halo: N+1 (Where N equals the current Halo title available) they will address your concerns.

I'm not picking on just you, but this whole idea that if I show people I can not use an AR, that ought to show 'em, is a really silly one in my very honest opinion.

Bungie isn't making any more Halo games so no, they won't be making any changes to future Halo games. I will be pretty cautious when it comes to purchasing any future Bungie games after what they did with Reach though.

Who said not using AR or armor lock was to impress others? I find them lame and not satisfying in the least so I won't use them. If there was a button that just magically made my opponent drop dead I wouldn't use it either, for the same reason.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
If you got hate in your heart let it out
rMwth.jpg

Plywood said:
It'll probably get more active if they announce some new Forge maps. I wouldn't mind seeing a New Alexandria styled Forge map along with the Covenant one everyone talked about.

If there is a new forge level in a future map pack, those are the top two settings that I am hoping for.

GhaleonEB said:
I've never smoked pot or played MW2, but I did read this thread and view the contents therein. Which has also had a mind-altering effect.

Wow, that thread is amazing haha.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lake Minnetonka said:
There's more to Prince than what you white people have stolen from Chappelle...
who is that guy

im not even white

how did i get here

i am not good with computers

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
LETS TALK ABOUT AR PEOPLE
WITH THEIR BULLETS EVERYWHERE AND THEIR SILLY PEW-PAW-POW BULLETS! WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND SPRAY AND PRAY! GO BACK TO LIVING DEAD! DMR POWER!

Kibbles

New Alexandria styled Forge map
God no, freaking hideous. I hate it when I get Boardwalk/Beach-head in Matchmaking. The styles of the maps just make it hard to play on because my eyes get depressed looking at that crap. Forge World stuff looks bland enough most of the time, we don't need this. No New Alexandria style forge world for the love of god.

Covenant would be better for sure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kibbles said:
God no, freaking hideous. I hate it when I get Boardwalk/Beach-head in Matchmaking. The styles of the maps just make it hard to play on because my eyes get depressed looking at that crap. Forge World stuff looks bland enough most of the time, we don't need this. No New Alexandria style forge world for the love of god.

Covenant would be better for sure.
Don't make me post a series of screenshots showcasing one of the best looking levels in the game. (Exodus.)

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
If there is a new forge level in a future map pack, those are the top two settings that I am hoping for.
My hope would be a Covenant Forge World, but there would be necessary balance in terrain - I would recommend snow (thinking AotCR/Two Betrayals type).

And the biggest is an urban feel, Forge City you can call it. Think Headlong, Terminal, Turf. They can use similar environments built from Boneyard and Holdout if need be. But include things road (blocks), street signs, destructible automobiles - think of Halo 2's Metropolis area, and of course buildings which can be used for interior interaction.

Havok

Hey You said:
Blah, I can't think of what else would be cool to have.
A series of reasonably sized maps instead of one preposterously large map with terrible framerate issues?

See: Forge World Lockout vs. Tempest Lockout.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
A whole Forge world Themed DLC pack.

-Covenant
-Jungle

Blah, I can't think of what else would be cool to have.
Whatever they use, people will complain that the theme got boring after a week.

kylej

Banned
PNut said:
I'm barely 20% in Gold division and it takes 10-15 minutes to find a game searching solo. It loads up 3 players almost instantly and then restarts the search over and over. Because of this I can usually only get in 4-5 games in one hour. I think The Arena as run its course.

Nah, the game just launched. Give them time. Right now there's a Lack of Resources™ but I'm sure they'll get the Arena sorted out soon enough.

Havok said:
A series of reasonably sized maps instead of one preposterously large map with terrible framerate issues?

See: Forge World Lockout vs. Tempest Lockout.
This. I'd much rather have a few separate maps with different locales and re-skinned versions of similar pieces. Certain people need to listen to their bosses when they are told that something can't be done.

Havok

squidhands said:
This. I'd much rather have a few separate maps with different locales and re-skinned versions of similar pieces. Certain people need to listen to their bosses when they are told that something can't be done.
I admire the ambition but it's a good example of "can we do this?" vs. "should we do this?".

O D I N

Still looking to get some ODST FF achievements. :[ Won't be on until 11ish tonight. Anyone game for giving me a hand/joining in?

EDIT: Also, huzzah for Firefight Challenges today! :D

Thursday always seems like a FF day.

For those doing the Vidmaster run, if you do it on Alpha Site or Lost Platoon, I'll be able to help.

It turns out I suck on any other map, lol.

Good games last night Chocopolka, Tunavi and Barrow Roll!

Okay, so dream DLC pack:

Covenant Forge Map
- Not as big as Forge World
- Location/Shape: Take the Coliseum area from FW, make it just a little bigger and style it as a Covie Hangar Bay. So half the map is enclosed and half is out in the air (have the Covie ship in-atmosphere so there aren't space physics). A giant removable shield wall separates the two. Almost like you're taking Corvette and gutting the inside.
- Default Layout: Something new. A very small symmetrical arena perfect for 2v2 to 4v4 CTF. Similar to Assembly, but leave any actual remakes to the Forge fans.
- Include peices intended for a fan-made remake of Midship.

Human Forge Map
- Again, smaller than Forge World. Maybe the size of FW's island, but flat.
- Location/Shape: Large Harbor Aesthetic. Skyscrapers on 3 sides, ocean on the fourth (you can build over the ocean a fair amount). Completely flat floor, with maybe a trench or two that can easily be covered with perfectly fitting peices desgned to make the floor flat again.
- Default Layout: An original one-sided objective map built for 6v6 to 8v8.
- Include Forge objects intended for a fan-made remake of Headlong.

Sandy-Forerunner Forge Map
- Largest of these 3 maps, but still nowhere as big as Forge World.
- Similar sandstone look as Halo 3's Sandtrap and Sandbox, but the Forge objects are perfectly flat on each side, no frustrating imperfections.
- Location/shape: Take Sandbox from Halo 3, delete kill zones (turn off the towers), delete the Crypt area, and connect the skybox area to the rest of the level. Fill in the sandbox with gently rolling dunes and large hills. No flat part in the middle.
- Default Layout: Again, an original map. Two bases with a large Forerunner structure between them. Intended for 6v6 to 8v8 games of 2-flag CTF or 2-bomb Assault.
- Include peices to make flat floors and walls (rebuilding the Crypt) if players don't want to make a level on the outdoor hills/dunes.

What do you think?

Top Bottom