• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
I'm trying XLink right now but it's giving me shit. I went to the configure page to set up a Username and Password. When it asks me for my user name and password, I hit enter and it doesn't let me in. It just keeps flashing the same dialog box over and over.

edit: Nevermind, I think I got it.
Ok well remember Halo 2 is push to talk so LB to talk when you get in :D

Thermite

Tashi0106 said:
Ugh, are you fucking serious? I'm sorry man, I don't know what the deal is with this kid. I put my friends list on block like a year ago when he first started that shit. Damn, I thought we got rid of him too. I haven't heard shit in such a long time.

But congrats on getting the job at Bungie lol :p

Yeah, he is quite the creepy fuck. I can't believe he's still imitating people like this all these months later... lol.

HaloGAF - 1
Xlink Randoms - 0

xky8wp.jpg

Tashi0106 said:
I'm still trying to figure this shit out. It can't find my console. :/

Make sure the PC you have running Xlink is wired to your router not wireless.
Have your xbox on and searching for system link games in H2.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MrBig said:
I would get in on this but I don't have access to a wired connection for my laptop

Ugh you need a wired connection for it? My ethernet port on my laptop is busted. I can only use wireless.

edit: I'm gonna give it another shot

edit2: LOL it works. I saw a game come up but it disappeared again. Are you guys still playing or what?

Ramirez

Thermite said:
Yeah, he is quite the creepy fuck. I can't believe he's still imitating people like this all these months later... lol.

lol, I don't know much about twitter, but his little stream there is full on awesomeness. "Hey, I'm Larry Hyrb (sp?), aka Major Nelson on XBL", "Hey I'm Ghostayame on XBL", "Hey I'm Treit and True on XBL", hahahaha. Dude is just roleplaying a different videogame personality every day, look at the elite company you're in Therms.

I would get on, but it's taking forever for me to install these Halo 2 aimbots to my original Xbox...

Kidding, but it would be hilarious if someone used mods on you over Xlink.

A27_StarWolf said:
Wait do you actually work at bungie?
No, Thermite is not a Bungie employee. Apparently the creep pretending to be Thermite on Twitter is also pretending to be a Bungie guy though.

Tashi

Ok I've disabled my wireless and am all wired now. I didn't see any games though so I hosted one.

SpudBud

Thermite said:
Tashi, isn't that one weirdo dude, that stalked and pretended to be you, some MLG pros and a bunch of Bungie employees, something like MattizPro? Well... looks like he created a twitter account and is pretending to be me! And evidently I work at Bungie now! ZOMG

http://twitter.com/#!/MattizPro
Holy shit, this is hilarious.

Actually, that is kinda fucked up.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Thermite said:
Tashi, isn't that one weirdo dude, that stalked and pretended to be you, some MLG pros and a bunch of Bungie employees, something like MattizPro? Well... looks like he created a twitter account and is pretending to be me! And evidently I work at Bungie now! ZOMG

Wow, lame. He already has like 150 more followers than you do, too!

KevinRo

I've never used x-link but I use to play Halo:CE on xbox connect a year ago on my 360. It worked like a charm. Some reason I tried playing Halo2 on xbc and everyone on there loved playing this gametype called Tower of Power on fucking Ascension. Everyone was a fucking Elite. God, some communities are weird.

urk said:
Wow, lame. He already has like 150 more followers than you do, too!

You think that's bad? Check out this @MartyTheElder imposter.
He has almost 9,000 followers, but look at the young guy in the picture - obviously not a Bungie employee. Plus he just rambles on about hockey and music...

Tashi

Damn that was fun. You guys gotta get this XLink stuff. We can host bigger games and I'll stream them for others to watch. Fun stuff.

ncsuDuncan said:
You think that's bad? Check out this @MartyTheElder imposter.
He has almost 9,000 followers, but look at the young guy in the picture - obviously not a Bungie employee. Plus he just rambles on about hockey and music...
Marty got annoyed earlier on twitter about misinformation of Halo's original release schedule. Many think, incorrectly, that Halo was going to debut on the Mac first, but it was actually going to release on the Mac and PC at the same time.

Dug

Banned
Thermite said:

Judging by his older tweets, that guy likes to pretend to be just about everyone.

wwm0nkey

KevinRo said:
I've never used x-link but I use to play Halo:CE on xbox connect a year ago on my 360. It worked like a charm. Some reason I tried playing Halo2 on xbc and everyone on there loved playing this gametype called Tower of Power on fucking Ascension. Everyone was a fucking Elite. God, some communities are weird.
Dont you dare insult Tower of Power! :lol

Why the hell where they playing as elites?

Havok said:
So, a team gets sniper and camps the mountain peak while also getting the Banshee ensuring nobody can approach them. Super excited for this. I really don't know if there's a way to fix that map. So bad.

I really don't think there is a way.

Haha yeah I was gonna say when I opened that Marty twitter, hey that is his twitter!

Hey You

Trasher said:
Last week you posted a link to a thread that was created an hour ago? That's insane dude.
No, hes just saying that I posted about the New Bungie Beta tester survey in this thread last week :p

Trasher

Hey You said:
No, hes just saying that I posted about the New Bungie Beta tester survey in this thread last week :p
Which is why my post was full of sarcasm. I know what he meant. He was very proud of his post from last week. I was just pointing out the thread since a lot of people don't venture to the gaming side of this place.

Trasher said:
Which is why my post was full of sarcasm. I know what he meant. He was very proud of his post from last week. I was just pointing out the thread since a lot of people don't venture to the gaming side of this place.
I luv you too

Has there been any new news yet on the title update? I would really play this game a whole lot more if the 1-50 ranking returned. And LMAO at the Inception jokes.

MrBig

Willeth said:
I just bought Halo Wars, guys.

fyeah.jpg
Why? I sell every game I get bored with except for Halo games, but I sold Halo Wars after about a month. It was developed by a studio consumed and torn apart by Microsoft, they didn't put their hearts into the game.

Havok

UnlovedJew said:
Has there been any new news yet on the title update? I would really play this game a whole lot more if the 1-50 ranking returned. And LMAO at the Inception jokes.
There are currently no announced plans for a title update.

That is all.

Willeth

MrBig said:
Why? I sell every game I get bored with except for Halo games, but I sold Halo Wars after about a month. It was developed by a studio consumed and torn apart by Microsoft, they didn't put their hearts into the game.
It finally got cheap enough for me to give it a go, and it was the Classics version with all the DLC. Going to attempt to hit the top rank in Waypoint. For some reason.

Top Bottom