• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

OuterWorldVoice said:
TU is designed for Anniversary classic hopper stuff, but will apply to Reach universally and elements of it will be available to regular Reach players. Core Reach gameplay will remain unaffected except via matchmaking hoppers.
Now say we play a MM game on the Anniversary play set and save the game, will we have more options to edit the game type at all?

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Now say we play a MM game on the Anniversary play set and save the game, will we have more options to edit the game type at all?
Are you referring to the custom game options? They have the ability to show or hide as many aspects of the gametypes functions as they like. Hopefully they allow for as much freedom as possible vs. NoF's decision to only unhide aspects of the gametypes when needed.

GhaleonEB

wwm0nkey said:
It sounds like the TU will add new options into the existing game types, though the fast way to get them set up the same way as in matchmaking will be to download them.

OuterWorldVoice said:
TU is designed for Anniversary classic hopper stuff, but will apply to Reach universally and elements of it will be available to regular Reach players. Core Reach gameplay will remain unaffected except via matchmaking hoppers.
Any of those elements involve the Revenant not freaking the hell out and slamming you into a cliff at a thousand miles per hour?

squidhands said:
Any of those elements involve the Revenant not freaking the fuck out and slamming you into a cliff at a thousand miles per hour?
Heh, I had the Ghost do that to me on Abridged the other day.

Naturally it was at a critical CTF moment.

Deputy Moonman said:
Getting kills across the map with Halo1's magnum was not nearly as easy as people make it out to be. With as much hate as some people give the pistol (not saying you btw), you'd think it could shoot through walls and set players on fire. The pistol had range, but not blood gulch base to base range. Even sniping across that map with a sniper rifle wasn't easy. With good map design, cross map kills are not as big of a problem. And personally, I think the pistol is what made the bigger maps like Hang'em High so awesome. Without the pistol, it would just be people running all over the place to get in rang of each other (same with boarding action, unless it was a sniper rifle game). The DMR is far more of a problematic cross map weapon in my opinion.

Truth.

OuterWorldVoice said:
So is that to say that the core default Reach gameplay will not be changed at all?

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
Get this man a corner office. Fire shishka. Kill all umpires.

FUCK YOU TUNAVI. Best record is baseball says lincecum is a little weed smokin perv boy

Hire me, Juices and Booties. If you need us we'll be in the 343 janitor closet doing bong rips and watching MLG gameplay.

kylej said:
Hire me, Juices and Booties. If you need us we'll be in the 343 janitor closet doing bong rips and watching MLG gameplay.
you missed the "closet dong rips" too

that reminds me to get my Anaheim ticket

Booties

Banned
^^^^Anaheim isn't a real city. Fuck da angels.

Oh yeah, and it's reach time btw. Get out of mom's basement and play with me.

Booties said:
^^^^Anaheim isn't a real city. Fuck da angels.

Oh yeah, and it's reach time btw. Get out of mom's basement and play with me.

Ughh did everyone miss my message above. Gym Tan Donging will play TONIGHT! Im so fucking pumped up.

MrBig

What is this art from on the avatar marketplace?

IMG_8708.jpg

IMG_8710.jpg

Ramirez said:
OMG, why do jump on everything I say like I mean it 100% seriously?! Get.Off.My.Nuts.
Oh, I get it, just because he doesn't have the same taste as you, you have to call him gay? Not cool, man, you're absolutely ruining this thread.

i'm kidding, dun wury

On-topic, if they did make a Halo movie in that style, they might want to revise the Elites, too. Well, depending on what style they're going for, anyways.

wwm0nkey

Zeouterlimits said:
Cheap direct to Blu-Ray with an improved Spartan model? Sure, why not.
I mean I would not mind seeing the Nylund books re-done doing that at all. Actually I want that, and i want it now! lol

PooBone

Zeouterlimits said:
Cheap direct to Blu-Ray with an improved Spartan model? Sure, why not.
As long as they don't resurrect Forge or many another character that annoying, of course. Some of those cutscenes, especially with the Arbiter, were incredible.

However, Ensemble didn't get the Elites vertical eye-blinking right. Always bothered me.

wwm0nkey said:
Speaking of Halo Wars, would anyone object to them making a movie that looked like the cut scenes from that game?

I wouldn't mind if they went the Legends route with it. That said, I really want a live action movie. Things were so close at a time. =(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Steelyuhas said:
Truth.

So is that to say that the core default Reach gameplay will not be changed at all?

The core Reach gameplay will continue to exist, unmolested, alongside new and Anniversary playlists.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
The core Reach gameplay will continue to exist, unmolested, alongside new and Anniversary playlists.
Two questions I'm not sure you can answer, but I'm going to ask them anyways.

Will Firefight's gameplay see the same set of options and playlists available, or is the scope of the TU Multiplayer only? Classic movement and gunplay settings married to Reach's Firefight would quite possibly be more awesome than I could handle.

Reach features a whole lotta playlists as is, currently, even setting aside the cooperative playlists. Are there plans afoot to consolodate or trim when the classic playlists roll out so as to mitigate the splintering of the player base? I'm sure there will be post-release changes base on population movements and player preferences, but I'm thinking about the release window.

MrBig

As long as Squad Slayer and TO are still there I don't care what happens to the other Reach playlists.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Oh well.

At least the classic settings are substantial enough to warrent a TU.

Doubtful much of the sandbox will be changed though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
OuterWorldVoice said:
Excellent. So excited to see what changes you all make.

OuterWorldVoice said:
So bloom will still exist in the classic+ playlist? :(

How could they buff the magnum (judging from the bulletin) without removing bloom and giving it a fixed rate of fire?

wwm0nkey said:
Speaking of Halo Wars, would anyone object to them making a movie that looked like the cut scenes from that game?
Blur Studios is absolutely brilliant. I would watch anything they made; those Old Republic trailers are the best Star Wars videos in the history of all that is Star Wars.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gabotron ES said:
So bloom will still exist in the classic+ playlist? :(

How could they buff the magnum (judging from the bulletin) without removing bloom and giving it a fixed rate of fire?
I think you're misreading what he's saying.
OuterWorldVoice said:
That means there will be playlists (presumably Classic+ and others) that will have the "classic settings", and then all the other playlists will keep the Reach settings.

Tawpgun

Happy about the new classic ++ playlist.

Sad that known bugs aren't getting fixed. I guess covenant vehicle warpspeed jumps are going to be a part of Reach.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
Sad that known bugs aren't getting fixed. I guess covenant vehicle warpspeed jumps are going to be a part of Reach.
This is another question that would be good to have addressed, when the scope of the TU covers any universal bug fixes, rather than new gameplay settings.

wwm0nkey

Demoncarnotaur said:
I wouldn't mind if they went the Legends route with it. That said, I really want a live action movie. Things were so close at a time. =(
Well we still dont know what is going on with that new The Fall of Reach scrip that Stuart Beattie and Spielberg are behind. Though if that is dead I suggest going to Halo Wars cut scene route and make a movie based on the Nylund books. Would kill for a Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghost of Onyx cgi movie.

Should Reflection be in the classic playlist? I know most people here aren't a big fan of it in the current state of Reach but I know many people thought it was a good map in Halo 2.

That would bring the number of maps in the anniversery playlist to 7 maps. Not a really big number but pretty doable.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Well we still dont know what is going on with that new The Fall of Reach scrip that Stuart Beattie and Spielberg are behind. Though if that is dead I suggest going to Halo Wars cut scene route and make a movie based on the Nylund books. Would kill for a Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghost of Onyx cgi movie.
No. If you're going to spend the money on a big project like that you might as well make it into a feature quality movie. Otherwise stick to motion comics.

Tha Robbertster said:
Should Reflection be in the classic playlist? I know most people here aren't a big fan of it in the current state of Reach but I know many people thought it was a good map in Halo 2.

That would bring the number of maps in the anniversery playlist to 7 maps. Not a really big number but pretty doable.

Unless nobody plays through the anniversary disc, you won't see it very often in rotation though (assuming the classic+ playlist will be anniversary maps + retail reach's ones and not anniversary only)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tha Robbertster said:

I'd be down with that. I still love Reflection, even with the current Reach settings, and it could only get better
without Jetpack

i nerini del buio said:
Unless nobody plays through the anniversary disc, you won't see it very often in rotation though (assuming the classic+ playlist will be anniversary maps + retail reach's ones and not anniversary only)

Oh yeah, forgot about the disc. But that, I think most people that have Reach will just download the maps and play it from their Reach disc.

They could make it work like the current DLC.

omg.kittens said:
I think you're misreading what he's saying.

That means there will be playlists (presumably Classic+ and others) that will have the "classic settings", and then all the other playlists will keep the Reach settings.
So there is still hope, great.
P.S: If someone didn't notice it I hate bloom.

PooBone

Tha Robbertster said:
Oh yeah, forgot about the disc. But that, I think most people that have Reach will just download the maps and play it from their Reach disc.

They could make it work like the current DLC.
For me personally, once I get CEA I couldn't care less about playing multiplayer from Reach's disk. Everything I want is on the Anniversary disk, so I'll just leave it in the drive.

Gabotron ES said:
So there is still hope, great.
P.S: If someone didn't notice it I hate bloom.
I'd bet money right now that the TU will get rid of bloom, among other changes, for the classic playlists.

Top Bottom