• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tunavi said:
Inception is the worthy sequel to the matrix. Best two movies I've ever seen

I'll be coming out of retirement tonight. Steely, wanna test out that countdown variant later? We can try the other ideas I had as well (tempest with the tunnels, zealot with another power weapon ect)

Yeah I'd be down assuming I'm around. There is a possibility that I could hit the drunk town tonight.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
Swag bag doesn't show as shipped yet, but I'll be darned if it didn't just arrive. Nothing spectacular but considering they oversold, I won't complain. Plus, the whole charity thing.

My wife has the camera in Idaho or I'd post pics. An XL Halo 2 t-shirt (will be a night gown for the wife or kids), two action figures (kids again), a sealed copy of the Halo 2 soundtrack, volume 2 (not sure what to do with that one) and a Pathways into Darkness sticker.

The burlap bag is actually my favorite part. It's a very handy looking bag; it will probably be a beach/pool bag.

Neato, kudos Bungie for pulling it together.
You flipped the bag inside out and inspected it for hints of red facial hair didn't you.

MrBig

Plywood said:
I forgot to mention how much this shows how broken Tempest is, when you can literally sit on the rocks of the enemy teams base and literally spawn kill them.
Yes, you really can just literally sit on the rocks in front of the base and wait as they spawn into you sniper scope.

Tawpgun

Is that really all you got Ghaleon?

Seems like people got a lot more swag. Quantity, and I guess quality wise also.

GhaleonEB said:
I just want the Grunt plushie. Three or four of them, actually.
I want hundreds of them. But there wouldn't be only for me. I want to give them EuroHaloFans, who can't afford or have no time to travel to HaloFEST. Maybe I'm going to buy 10 Plush-Grunt and some HaloFEST merch, pack them into a package and send them to my address in the US. So I won't get over the 23kg baggage limit.

Sordid

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFgqC_wy-E

Swag bag doesn't show as shipped yet, but I'll be darned if it didn't just arrive. Nothing spectacular but considering they oversold, I won't complain. Plus, the whole charity thing.

This brings me hope! I ordered a few posters and a t-shirt separately too and nothing is showing as shipped yet, hopefully they're all on their way.

Does prefer good connection actually do anything? It just seems to keep you in the lobby for an extra few minutes then throws you into a game with a crap host anyway :/

Ken

Sordid said:
Does prefer good connection actually do anything? It just seems to keep you in the lobby for an extra few minutes then throws you into a game with a crap host anyway :/
Failed placebo.

PsychoRaven said:
http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/43612546a1da40c883da5a12e2186355/2816976-gallery.png[IMG]

That just scares the hell out of me. What the hell is wrong with her face? Don't even get me started on the body. That's a troll face if I've ever seen one.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, Cortana fused with MOK-KOS.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AUtip.jpg

Tunavi

Banned
I hate when people ask this, but does anyone have a 48 hour code I could have? I ordered a year of live but it wont get here until later in the week.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
You flipped the bag inside out and inspected it for hints of red facial hair didn't you.
I don't have to answer that.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Is that really all you got Ghaleon?

Seems like people got a lot more swag. Quantity, and I guess quality wise also.
Urk had mentioned that the Amazon storefront fiasco resulted in them selling more bags than they had planned to sell, so they were running out of stuff. I had set my expectations at a cancellation email (or beard clippings). So I was delighted to get something.

I've seen some awe-inspiring behavior in Premium Battle today. The way some people play objectives is stupifying. I don't mean people who are messing around or playing Slayer during CTF, I mean the people actually playing, and drive Warthogs into walls and run the bomb out in the open and take the flag in the wrong direction or hear a bomb-carrying Mongoose coming and remain scoped in their sniper rifle facing the wrong direction while it's armed.

This is a semi-masked plea for party members if anyone is on.
Hypertrooper said:
I want hundreds of them. But there wouldn't be only for me. I want to give them EuroHaloFans, who can't afford or have no time to travel to HaloFEST. Maybe I'm going to buy 10 Plush-Grunt and some HaloFEST merch, pack them into a package and send them to my address in the US. So I won't get over the 23kg baggage limit.
Did you find out about the candy thing? They're doing the matching soon, I want to let them know if I'm free or not.

Ken

Tunavi said:
I hate when people ask this, but does anyone have a 48 hour code I could have? I ordered a year of live but it wont get here until later in the week.

Does the 2 day trial thing in copies of Reach work?

Sibylus

Banned
Kuroyume said:
The problem with jetpackers is that 99% of the time they're using ARs. Jetpack+AR+grenade... That's it really. It's so easy for them to aim and get kills. Meanwhile assuming you're not just picking off some jetpacker from afar with a DMR (which is fine) it can be really problematic if you're fighting some jetpack guy in close proximity and let's say you're using the pistol and have to fight bloom along with the awkwardness of having to control your aim really quickly along the y axis. If we could customize the sensitivity along the y axis and perhaps if bloom didn't exist on weapons like the pistol it would make thing easier.

Does jetpacking increase a weapon's bloom? If not it really should by a lot.
The more I hear this, the more I feel like I'm some manner of Halo unicorn for using a DMR with my Jetpack. Nothing like getting that final shot in with your feet off the ground.

Crusing the Waypoint page and found this gem
2816961-gallery.png

cory021

Neo Member
omg omg omg I just thought of the greatest fix for Armor Lock. This is mind-blowing. Ready?

You can't Armor Lock if you're being shot at.

Here's a little more in depth description: Armor Lock is the same as it is now, but you won't be able to activate it when you're being shot at, and for 1 second after that. So someone can't Armor Lock if you're shooting them, or in those little melee fights, or almost any other annoying situation.

We could even apply this to Evade and Drop Shield. You won't have people dodging away in the middle of firefights, or creating random drop shields right before you kill them.

Ken

cory021 said:
omg omg omg I just thought of the greatest fix for Armor Lock. This is mind-blowing. Ready?
You can't Armor Lock if you're being shot at.

Mash armor ability button.

Mash until it works.

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
WHY IS ACTIVE CAMO IN TEAM OBJECTIVE
If it's only in neutral games its not TOO bad. I want to see if it's in 1 flag or CTF games. Camo + Defense = are you fucking kidding me.jpg

Havok

ITT people realize how bad elements of TO are now that they actually play it. A diamond in the rough, never to be polished.

Also, Premium Battle Breakpoint Assault is a joke until they move the arm spot.

Can everyone shut the fuck up about jetpacks?

God you bitch about armor lock being overpowered, then evade is overpowered, now its jetpack overpowered?

How can everything be overpowered?!

Theres a unique balance each AA has, alright, each one has disadvantages to its advantages.

Now shut the fuck up and play the game!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Havok said:
ITT people realize how bad elements of TO are now that they actually play it. A diamond in the rough, never to be polished.

Also, Premium Battle Breakpoint Assault is a joke until they move the arm spot.

Assault is fine on that map. Did you play it before the last update? Now that was silly.

Havok

Dani said:
Assault is fine on that map. Did you play it before the last update? Now that was silly.
I was able to arm the bomb in 14 seconds, (partially) from inside a vehicle. That's not okay. I could not have bitched harder about the instant arm on that map before, but it's not better enough to justify playing that playlist even now. There's been this trend of not using the bases for objective games, and it just confuses me.

Also, lol Renegade anything, lol Territories on Spire. GG Big Team.

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
Can everyone shut the fuck up about jetpacks?

God you bitch about armor lock being overpowered, then evade is overpowered, now its jetpack overpowered?

Theres a unique balance each AA has, alright, each one has disadvantages to its advantages.

Now shut the fuck up and play the game!
Esv5x.jpg

Armor Lock can die in a fire. Evade is super annoying. And Jetpack breaks certain maps. For the record.

Kuroyume

Banned
Hey, I didn't bitch about jetpacks being overpowered... Just saying why I find them annoying sometimes.

EVADE on the other hand needs to go... NOW :p

senador

Banned
Devolution said:
Heh. Pretty sure.

He may have been mute banned. ;)

darthbob said:
For just Reach, or XBL overall?

Just Reach. Frequently muted players get defaulted to muted for a certain amount of time. They can be unmuted at any time though. In the MLG playlist its common for everyone to mute each other at the start of a game so you can't be heard, so if you go in MLG almost everyone is muted by default. :lol

I don't know if that's what happened to Tunavi, but that's what I'd guess.

GhaleonEB said:
Did you find out about the candy thing? They're doing the matching soon, I want to let them know if I'm free or not.
I don't really get a lot of information. Better you do the matching thing. Otherwise I'll take some german candy with me, even without participating the candy swap.(So you can try out the delicious german candy)

GhaleonEB

A timely article from Gamespot about user experience testing, featuring Valve, Bungie and Epic.

This seems pertinent to the recent conversation:

"We have a sign-up page for playtesters on Bungie, and we bring in a whole range of people: people who are experts, people who play casually, everyone," says John Hopson, the user research design lead at Bungie. (He too has a psychology degree). "For Halo testing we even bring in people who have never played a shooter before. It's painful to watch because they have a lot of trouble, especially with things that we don’t even think about anymore, like coordinating the use of two thumbsticks or knowing where the buttons are. But Halo is supposed to be a game that is fun for everyone, so it's necessary to see how people who have never played a shooter before react to it."

Arrington says if developers lean too far in one direction they risk skewed playtesting results, ones that don't take into account information from players who have the potential to account for a large portion of the game's user base.

"If you fail to account for players new to your game or genre, it's typically those players that will stop playing, or avoid your game, if the barrier to entry is too high. So this is very important for making the game easily accessible to the casual gamer as well as challenging enough for the veteran, hardcore gamer."

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6323661/the-science-of-playtesting/index.html

Edit: Well, as I least I clipped out an interesting bit. :lol

feel

xxjuicesxx said:

But they all suck and are ruining teh halos. :/

Alternate reply:
not sure if serious

Top Bottom