• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Devolution said:
Oh god dat frame rate on Condemned in Premium Battle Crazy King.

It is baffling to me that even after shipping a map in Reach that has huge frame rate problems (Asylum), we get more maps as DLC with frame rate problems. (Anchor 9, Tempest, and Condemned)

Karl2177

So in Squad Slayer, you start off with the Pistol primary. I ran across a team filled with assholes who would all switch to the AR, except one dude who harasses with the Focus Rifle. Worst game on Powerhouse ever.

Karl2177 said:
So in Squad Slayer, you start off with the Pistol primary. I ran across a team filled with assholes who would all switch to the AR, except one dude who harasses with the Focus Rifle. Worst game on Powerhouse ever.

Yeah unfortunately Magnum primary does not deter people from using the AR much.

Karl2177

darthbob said:
How are they assholes?

YOU START WITH THE AR.
It's now an overpowered bastard of a weapon. One on one, I'm fine with people using the AR. Having four of them firing on you is frankly one of the least fun experiences in this game. The only thing that could have made it worse is if AL was involved.

Havok

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm not a fan of DMR starts in Objective after the games I played today. I thought I'd like it, but it turns out that the super high range of the thing makes it really difficult to arm bombs and get flags out of bases when they can headshot you from spawn. It was needed on Hemo back when it was still in, but not on the small maps. I dunno. It probably didn't help that I was playing like crap.

kylej

Banned
Karl2177 said:
It's now an overpowered bastard of a weapon. One on one, I'm fine with people using the AR. Having four of them firing on you is frankly one of the least fun experiences in this game. The only thing that could have made it worse is if AL was involved.

Might I recommend using another piece of the Halo Golden Trifecta in combating them?

Havok said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm not a fan of DMR starts in Objective after the games I played today. I thought I'd like it, but it turns out that the super high range of the thing makes it really difficult to arm bombs and get flags out of bases when they can headshot you from spawn. It was needed on Hemo back when it was still in, but not on the small maps. I dunno. It probably didn't help that I was playing like crap.

It's ultimately worse when DMR/Carbine is on the map though, and you're just spawned with an AR. The problem with AR starts is people just take the ranged weapons anyway and then you're SOL on spawn.

Havok

Devolution said:
It's ultimately worse when DMR/Carbine is on the map though, and you're just spawned with an AR. The problem with AR starts is people just take the ranged weapons anyway and then you're SOL on spawn.
I guess. I know that's absolutely true in theory, I just was really not getting any fun from this game tonight. I don't know how much of it was from my performance or the settings.

Karl2177 said:
I agree with the Team AR thing. It's fucking annoying getting sprayed by a pack of noobs who are partied/split-screening and lumped together. That said, there's not much that would fix it. Maybe make it excellent at busting shields but terrible at killing. As it is at the moment, you go down extremely fast - often they empty an entire clip before I can squeeze off 4-5 (paced) DMR shots.

However, I'd much rather see bloom, armour lock, melee etc fixed before I even worry about some minor issues in a mostly extremely well balanced weapon set.

Tawpgun

To letters.

tashiii: can you guys do me a favor

» tell letters that i got the art for my arcade stick and that his part looks stunning and that i love him

» that is all

Kuroyume

Banned
I've had the latest DLC for months and I still haven't played the FF map. Shows you how much I care about FF. One of the the upcoming maps in the DLC is FF again? Blargh

feel

getting on for some Halo 3 in a little bit Dax

anyone else??? *crickets*

nevermind
sorry, turns out I must finish some work related stuff right now, probably be getting on later

A27 Tawpgun said:
To letters.

» tell letters that i got the art for my arcade stick and that his part looks stunning and that i love him

» that is all
awesome

Dug said:
Wow, just noticed that you changed your avatar a bit. How long has it been like that?
What? Just noticed it myself!! :-S

Damn you Google Ads!

Dug

Banned
Letters said:
getting on for some Halo 3 in a little bit Dax

anyone else??? *crickets*

awesome
Wow, just noticed that you changed your avatar a bit. How long has it been like that?

Tawpgun

We had a sick idea for a playlist in Halo 4.

World Slayer.

It's a massive, persistent Slayer game from Day 1. Drop in drop out. By like a year you could see the score in game and it would be like

Red - 45,697
Blue - 40, 966

It would just be some crazy fun thing to keep track of.

Maybe it would have a game going on each map. Getting in is lucky. Or, it's like regular BTB slayer, but its drop in drop out and there's multiple games going on, and we just keep track of how many kills each team gets. RvB integration. #dreaming

vhfive

A27 Tawpgun said:
To letters.

» that is all
I demand pics

darthbob

A27 Tawpgun said:
We had a sick idea for a playlist in Halo 4.

World Slayer.

It's a massive, persistent Slayer game from Day 1. Drop in drop out. By like a year you could see the score in game and it would be like

Red - 45,697
Blue - 40, 966

It would just be some crazy fun thing to keep track of.

Maybe it would have a game going on each map. Getting in is lucky. Or, it's like regular BTB slayer, but its drop in drop out and there's multiple games going on, and we just keep track of how many kills each team gets. RvB integration. #dreaming

This post makes me want to fap at work.

Goddamn the grenades and the melee are so stupid in this game. It's called a first person shooter! Make people shoot the damn guns.

Tawpgun

Steelyuhas said:
Goddamn the grenades and the melee are so stupid in this game. It's called a first person shooter! Make people shoot the damn guns.
Now now... Golden Tripod and all that.

But yeah the melee rushing and grenades are a bit much in this game. I hate how players have the option to rush me because I got the first shot and melee to get us on even ground...

Steelyuhas said:
32zuo28.gif

Tunavi

Banned
Sweeeeet sweet donging. Good games everybody. Thank you havok for the code. i'll be on later, I wanna get a full party for some objective later, maybe MLG

\/ I really really miss territories on hemorrhage. Spawn trapping with a warthog...mmm soo good, bring it back

Striker

Devolution said:
I didn't see a necessity for them in every map, either. Funny enough, they dumped Hemorrhage from the playlist because of the AR/Mag start. I wanted it in there because it gave us the only vehicle activity. Now it's just Asylum, Countdown and Zealot. Meh.

Plus it still has evade, and they added the fringe gametypes. And there's still no variety among map-gametype combos. You usually see the same selections all the time.

Kuroyume

Banned
Steelyuhas said:

LOCK ON MELEE LUNGE

NullPointer said:
It works on many levels. Even has some subtext goin' on.

Homosexual contamination subtext

GhaleonEB

Got the jackpot on Grifball. It wasn't worth it - the new Grifball types are pretty rough. The jetpacking type doesn't play that well.

blamite said:
I agree that the jetpack gametype isn't very good. On the other hand, Blargball is interesting. It's just elites on a diamond shaped arena, but it's just enough of a change to make the game slightly more interesting.
Agree, it was better than the jetpack variant.

Tonight player host seemed even more critical than before. The host on the other team would go on rampages and we had a hard time taking them out.

Tawpgun

wwm0nkey said:
Still say halo 4 needs a POE like ChromeHounds war mode, really does give A LOT of life to a game.
Was thinking that. Integrate the RvB canon into multiplayer. Pick a team. Fight for control of Haloz.

wwm0nkey

You know, one thing I really hope the TU adds is the ability to change environments into Zero Gravity environments, really have no idea why this was never and option from the get go.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
wwm0nkey said:
You know, one thing I really hope the TU adds is the ability to change environments into Zero Gravity environments, really have no idea why this was never and option from the get go.

Zero g with everyone floating around unable to stop might not be all that fun...

Anyway, the TU is interesting right now. I played something on it and it was most fun. Even Boosh would have enjoyed it.

wwm0nkey said:

Wait, is that a joke because that seems like something that is not important. At all.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Zero g with everyone floating around unable to stop might not be all that fun...

Anyway, the TU is interesting right now. I played something on it and it was most fun. Even Boosh would have enjoyed it.

You teasing bastard! Are we really not going to find out anything about the TU until Halo fest?

It might break me if so

Unrelated double no scope I thought I'd post

wwm0nkey

OuterWorldVoice said:

I wanna float damnit :mad:

how far along is the TU right now? I assume everything is going nicely.

darthbob

GhaleonEB said:
Got the jackpot on Grifball. It wasn't worth it - the new Grifball types are pretty rough. The jetpacking type doesn't play that well.

What's the Jackpot this week?

Jeremiah's dead, and B.Net won't let me log in now. Stupid Firefox...

wwm0nkey said:
I wanna float damnit :mad:

how far along is the TU right now? I assume everything is going nicely.

Yeah to be honest, when Reach first came out I played a game with some people: Jetpacks, concussion rifles, Zealot. Everyone went into space. It was awesomesauce.

darthbob said:
What's the Jackpot this week?

Jeremiah's dead, and B.Net won't let me log in now. Stupid Firefox...

It's in Grifball.

I haven't had any issues with bnet today (tried in Chrome and IE, works fine for me).

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
Wait, is that a joke because that seems like something that is not important. At all.
Joke about it being in the TU? Yes

Joke about how it should have been an option not not these 25% values? Not really, would have probably made a few awesome custom games :D

darthbob

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah to be honest, when Reach first came out I played a game with some people: Jetpacks, concussion rifles, Zealot. Everyone went into space. It was awesomesauce.

It's in Grifball.

I haven't had any issues with bnet today (tried in Chrome and IE, works fine for me).

I tried loading up B.Net, address kept refreshing login.live.com, and then it brought me to the B.Net registration page and said Windows Live Services are unavailable.

Cleared my cookies, same error. Time to email Achronos.

wwm0nkey said:
Joke about it being in the TU? Yes

Joke about how it should have been an option not not these 25% values? Not really, would have probably made a few awesome custom games :D

Yeah we need important stuff in the TU, like mah beta pistol back, and with a larger clip! Save me Frankles!

blamite

GhaleonEB said:
I agree that the jetpack gametype isn't very good. On the other hand, Blargball is interesting. It's just elites on a diamond shaped arena, but it's just enough of a change to make the game slightly more interesting.

Top Bottom