• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

OuterWorldVoice said:
Zero g with everyone floating around unable to stop might not be all that fun...

Anyway, the TU is interesting right now. I played something on it and it was most fun. Even Boosh would have enjoyed it.
Well all the zero g environments in Reach are actually just low power grav lifts. You guys could place some more of them all over maps that already have them with your Fancy Forge. Just say that someone left a door open on Condemned

GhaleonEB

darthbob said:
What's the Jackpot this week?

Jeremiah's dead, and B.Net won't let me log in now. Stupid Firefox...
15,000 cR in Grifball.

I couldn't solve my b.net/Firefox issues, I'm rocking the decidedly unhip IE for now, until it gets fixed. (I lost access to Twitter, Gmail and Youtube on Firefox as well.)

Steelyuhas said:
As long as you are upgraded to IE9, its a pretty solid browser.
Yup, It's IE9. I ran away around IE6, the experience on this version has been better so far.

blamite

A27 Tawpgun said:
We had a sick idea for a playlist in Halo 4.

World Slayer.

It's a massive, persistent Slayer game from Day 1. Drop in drop out. By like a year you could see the score in game and it would be like

Red - 45,697
Blue - 40, 966

It would just be some crazy fun thing to keep track of.

Maybe it would have a game going on each map. Getting in is lucky. Or, it's like regular BTB slayer, but its drop in drop out and there's multiple games going on, and we just keep track of how many kills each team gets. RvB integration. #dreaming
Yes! I remember a while ago I was thinking it would be cool if there were statistics for which team won more, with global stats for each team, and each team could fight for control of the maps. Maybe you could choose an allegiance and you would always be placed on whichever team you wanted.

Woah, if Halo 4 takes place only on the Forerunner planet, there could be a globe or something that showed the location of each map in the world, and controlling certain locations could give the team in control bonuses or something. It could even work in seasons like the Arena, so a team doesn't gain a permanent lead.

The possibilities are endless! Do it 343!

GhaleonEB said:
15,000 cR in Grifball.

I couldn't solve my b.net/Firefox issues, I'm rocking the decidedly unhip IE for now, until it gets fixed. (I lost access to Twitter, Gmail and Youtube on Firefox as well.)

As long as you are upgraded to IE9, its a pretty solid browser.

wwm0nkey

blamite said:
Yes! I remember a while ago I was thinking it would be cool if there were statistics for which team won more, with global stats for each team, and each team could fight for control of the maps. Maybe you could choose an allegiance and you would always be placed on whichever team you wanted.
So basically the ChromeHounds War mode? lol

It really would be a great fit for Halo I think.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
15,000 cR in Grifball.

See if it's conflict with something in your current profile.
Open the start menu and search for 'firefox -p' and just hit the new profile button. It'll be like you installed firefox for the first time (not reinstalled), no cache, databases, addons, nothing at all, so there should be no problems at all. Check all those sites, and if they work just install all the addons that you had on your old profile and export your bookmarks. Open the profile manager to switch between profiles.

Seems like Windows Live is having some problems with their tickets, since someone else said they were experiencing issues as well.

darthbob

MrBig said:
See if it's conflict with something in your current profile.
Open the start menu and search for 'firefox -p' and just hit the new profile button. It'll be like you installed firefox for the first time (not reinstalled), no cache, databases, addons, nothing at all, so there should be no problems at all. Check all those sites, and if they work just install all the addons that you had on your old profile and export your bookmarks. Open the profile manager to switch between profiles.

Seems like Windows Live is having some problems with their tickets, since someone else said they were experiencing issues as well.

Sup.

Was working for me yesterday, decides to NOT work tonight. Same PC, same browser, same stuff.

Different IP address I guess, but I get that renewed every night, so it doesn't matter.

Edit: Fuck me, it's working now. Changed absolutely nothing. >_______________>

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
So basically the ChromeHounds War mode? lol

It really would be a great fit for Halo I think.
Woah, that sounds exactly like what I want. How have I not heard about this before?

Hey 343, if you want someone to come up with awesome ideas that have already been done years ago, hire me!

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
Here is how the ChromeHounds online worked.

The online to this day has still yet to be matched. Yet sadly ChromeHounds is forever offline :(
Aww, my next question was is it still online. :(

Something like that could actually be a cool way to bring BTB back to it's former glory. Like a super massive game of Invasion.

edit: Looks like Hybrid is doing something similar. I am suddenly really wanting Halo to jump on this train.

feel

What's a Boosh? I need to study this person or thing.

VVV

Steelyuhas said:
The changes made to your avatar are disgusting, and I will not stand for it. :p
I was told gaf would go under otherwise

blamite said:
Aww, my next question was is it still online. :(

Something like that could actually be a cool way to bring BTB back to it's former glory. Like a super massive game of Invasion.

If Invasion was truly massive scale it would be so sweet, oh wait it already exists, its Battlefield's rush mode lol.

Letters said:
What's a Boosh? I need to study this person or thing.

The changes made to your avatar are disgusting, and I will not stand for it. :p

Tawpgun

HIFan.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=704970641&player=Tawpgun

Halo Justice.

FyreWulff

xxjuicesxx said:
Our goal is to dong so hard we make all the casuals leave Halo. Halo Justice one dong at a time.

Judging by recent posts and past threads, it seems your goal is to flag hold in Objective gametypes and killgrind so even more people are driven away from wanting to play Objective.

FyreWulff said:
Judging by recent posts and past threads, it seems your goal is to flag hold in Objective gametypes and killgrind so even more people are driven away from wanting to play Objective.

Were just taking out the casuals kid. You're next.

G-Fex

Well I've finally have decided to take a break from classic gaming and rejoin some online play.

Ah how I've missed Reach, great stuff.

neoism

xxjuicesxx said:
Can everyone shut the fuck up about jetpacks?

God you bitch about armor lock being overpowered, then evade is overpowered, now its jetpack overpowered?

How can everything be overpowered?!

Theres a unique balance each AA has, alright, each one has disadvantages to its advantages.

Now shut the fuck up and play the game!
this X a million thread is already a bitching fest. :/

neoism

OuterWorldVoice said:
Zero g with everyone floating around unable to stop might not be all that fun...

Anyway, the TU is interesting right now. I played something on it and it was most fun. Even Boosh would have enjoyed it.
Are you guys completely going to change the game.... :/... If so have it in only certain play-lists.

Tawpgun

Karl2177 said:
Ugh. Full party Xboxes ruining my Squad Slayer.
That was us tonight. lol.

FyreWulff said:

Only mainly on Tempest games. And that one Flag Slayer game we where we wanted to see how far we could get just by slaying. We broke Tempest though. Goddamn it's easy to lock a team down in their base. Best way to expose something is to abuse it enough that people bitch about it. See: Drop Shields in Objective
I wish we could just say, "hey look. This is clearly broken. So umm. Get on that will you?' But it hardly works that way.

Kuroyume

Banned
neoism said:
this X a million thread is already a bitching fest. :/

343 could feed us some TU news or some new pics from the upcoming remake (that's almost here btw wtf) to distract us but they're sitting on all that stuff!

A27 Tawpgun said:
Only mainly on Tempest games. And that one Flag Slayer game we where we wanted to see how far we could get just by slaying. We broke Tempest though. Goddamn it's easy to lock a team down in their base. Best way to expose something is to abuse it enough that people bitch about it. See: Drop Shields in Objective
I wish we could just say, "hey look. This is clearly broken. So umm. Get on that will you?' But it hardly works that way.

Did you guys play an actual party or just a bunch of randoms?

A27 Tawpgun said:
That was us tonight. lol.

Let nobody wonder why I'm an exclusively firefight player. Lag is my only gripe.

Tawpgun

Kuroyume said:
Did you guys play an actual party or just a bunch of randoms?
We never got matched up against a FULL party on Tempest but the last tempest we played everyone stayed and fought back. It wasn't as flawless as before, but we still kept them locked in their base.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
neoism said:
Are you guys completely going to change the game.... :/... If so have it in only certain play-lists.

Certainly not, and yes, we will have different stuff in different playlists.

I will say this once for the record and once only. The TU is not designed to 'fix' or improve the game. The game as it stands is one of the best FPS games ever made. We are not arrogant or stupid enough to think it needs 'fixing.' The TU will add interesting and fun functionality that folks like you have requested. We will not harm or remove any of the core existing functionality of Reach because it is pretty damned amazing. We will however make it possible to play it differently in certain playlists. In ways big and small. And there will be sprinkles.

OuterWorldVoice said:

I will say this once for the record and once only. The TU is not designed to 'fix' or improve the game. The game as it stands is one of the best FPS games ever made. We are not arrogant or stupid enough to think it needs 'fixing.' The TU will add interesting and fun functionality that folks like you have requested. We will not harm or remove any of the core existing functionality of Reach because it is pretty damned amazing. We will however make it possible to play it differently in certain playlists. In ways big and small. And there will be sprinkles.

Can you remove sword blocking its stupid and you never really explained how or why it works?

FyreWulff

OuterWorldVoice said:

Add a backend option that forces Grunt Birthday Party on for all players in the game.

Turn on option in SWAT.

Share price will skyrocket

FyreWulff

On a more serious note, 343, I want to see one big thing.

Just this one thing.

People might not put a lot of weight into it, but I'd like to see it.

Update the Juggernaut gametype so we can make the Juggernaut be force-switched to something other than a hammer.

I want my Man With the Golden Gun gametype damnit.

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:

Good to read. I expected less. One or two good bloomless/aa-less/forgeworld-less playlists are all that's necesary for now. People expecting major changes to everything are delusional, 343 would never disrespect bungie's work like that, if they want to change Halo back to the old ways or to some totally new ways they will do so in their own game. And there's nothing wrong with Reach per se, it's all by design, it's just that some Halo fans don't like that design and feel left out all of a sudden, so I'm glad something is being done. Can't wait for anniversary and the TU.

Karl2177

OuterWorldVoice said:

If this means what I think it means, then <3 343i.

On a side note:
FyreWulff said:
Change your avatar back please. You're scaring the children everyone.

Tawpgun

OuterWorldVoice said:

Eh, sounds good. I wasn't really expecting any big across the board modifications to gameplay. To be honest the only thing I'd fix across the board is the melee system. Maybe tinker with the grenades a bit. Bloom is too big of a mechanic to just be gone forever from core Halo Reach.

But by that wording things like removing bloom in a playlist doesn't seem too far off. Can't wait to see that Classic ++ playlist.

I guess my only question is will WE get to tinker with this new functionality, or is that something only done on your end?

Top Bottom