• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Homeboyd

Header because i<3u:

weremember1280800.png

Credit: Viscidbody

On the topic of FF and Forge; I know it's not possible with Reach (and don't expect it to be with a TU), can someone
Fyrewulff
go into some detail about why or why not it could/should work in Halo 4? I think it would be an awesome addition but I don't know much about scripts or coding.

J10

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Just put a Halo spin on it. Weapon Drops. AA's. Equipement. ODST squadron. Vehicle drop. Spartan Ehnancement (speed, shields, damage) Things like this would be amazing.

This is sounding a little RTS-ish. I'm not mad at that at all.

People have previously suggested a competitive gametype where each team has a monitor with a god's eye view of the map who can supply weapon drops and the like bought with cash earned through kills, assists, etc. Though maybe this is a little too CoD-ish, rewarding the leading team with abilities which only leads to them winning by an even greater margin and it all just snowball's out of control. It'd need to be really well balanced and thought out to work well in competitive multiplayer. But something similar would probably be immediately awesome for Firefight. you'd also need to make sure your team has a competent person in the monitor role.

I would have taken the above over Invasion.

MrBig

I wish FF was like it is in GoW. Right now it is so incredibly boring. It's always the same thing, the same squads following the same pathing, and using the same tactics.
Homeboyd said:
Header for new page:
scrub

Hitmonchan107 said:
Damn, I'm getting crunk off some old school Norma Jean at work.

I'm ready to go off on Reach tonight.

BYAH!!!

Also, Sqorck from HBO has the first mockup of an HBO intro.

Remember you guys have until Aug. 17 to send in your intro videos!

You trying to get an intro video to the HBO site? That mockup vid is pretty cool.

What time are you trying to face some nubs on Reach tonight?

Steelyuhas said:
You trying to get an intro video to the HBO site? That mockup vid is pretty cool.

What time are you trying to face some nubs on Reach tonight?
GrimBrother One and I wanted an intro vid for our PAX videos. I've had a few entries so far, but that's the first one that's been publically shown.

I'm still waiting on the front page of the paper to be sent to me, but that should be relatively soon. I'll probably be online by 1:30 a.m.

Homeboyd said:
How do the others stack up? I like that one a lot.
I don't think it'd be fair to say how I feel about any of them, one way or another.

I'm reserving my opinion until after the entry deadline. :^)

Hitmonchan107 said:
GrimBrother One and I wanted an intro vid for our PAX videos. I've had a few entries so far, but that's the first one that's been publically shown.

I'm still waiting on the front page of the paper to be sent to me, but that should be relatively soon. I'll probably be online by 1:30 a.m.

Aye I see.

1:30 eastern scrub time I assume? I'll be on about 2:50 AM EST if you/other GAFers are still on. I'm on a two week break, got a FAT nap in today, so I'm trying to dong some Halo late night style.

feel

Gaf shirt store opening sometime in the next couple of days. And I'm disappointed that so far I am the only one who actually wrote halogaf in the shirt and instead of worrying about how the shirt would look to other people in normal every day use, focused on making it a shirt mostly to be worn at gaming expos or halo community events with which we could represent our fun little group. Someone get on it before evilore stops taking submissions, I don't want to be wearing my own shirt like a douchebag if I head out to meet some of you next year at one of these events that has 343i presence.

senador

Banned
^^ You too. Playing with GAF is way better.

Devolution said:
Good games senador and omg.kittens.
Was fun for sure. You tear it up. I choked. I was trying to perform or something. Ah well, I'll get better.

I think Yeti was joining when we quit. Sorry dude. :(

I'll probably be back on in a bit.

Trasher

Letters said:
Gaf shirt store opening sometime in the next couple of days. And I'm disappointed that so far I am the only one who actually wrote halogaf in the shirt and instead of worrying about how the shirt would look to other people in normal every day use, focused on making it a shirt mostly to be worn at gaming expos or halo community events with which we could represent our fun little group. Someone get on it before evilore stops taking submissions, I don't want to be wearing my own shirt like a douchebag if I head out to meet some of you next year at one of these events that has 343i presence.
A lot of people have praised your shirt a lot. I dunno why you are worried haha. I do wish there were more options for shirts that had good ideas of incorporating "HaloGAF" though. I'm holding out for MrBig's design I think.

Oh, and if I was buying these shirts specifically to wear at expos, then I wouldn't get much use out of them...lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
Just watched tawpgun's machinma entry.

holy shit that was like the end of a really dramatic film.
He needs to upload that to youtube if he thinks I'm going to let the Halo app on facebook get my info before I even know if it's good.

Tunavi

Banned
These other entries are absolutely embarrassing. Horrible acting, horrible quality, horrible scripts. yuck. Which one has the most votes?

Nelo Ice

Banned
so does no one in the regular playlists have the map packs?! picked em up and i keep seeing the same maps.

also why does everyone want to play 2 of my most hated maps in uncaged and sword base?!

btw id be up for some games with halo gaf since only like 1 person on my friends bothers to play reach

Homeboyd

Nelo Ice said:
so does no one in the regular playlists have the map packs?! picked em up and i keep seeing the same maps.

also why does everyone want to play 2 of my most hated maps in uncaged and sword base?!

btw id be up for some games with halo gaf since only like 1 person on my friends bothers to play reach
Play Premium Slayer/Battle if you're looking for DLC maps. Everyone has to have them in order to see them in the other ones.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Homeboyd said:
Play Premium Slayer/Battle if you're looking for DLC maps. Everyone has to have them in order to see them in the other ones.

yeah just find it odd i havent seen 1 game with the maps showing up since i figured enough people bought them so they'd at least show up on the regular playlists

Homeboyd

Nelo Ice said:
yeah just find it odd i havent seen 1 game with the maps showing up since i figured enough people bought them so they'd at least show up on the regular playlists
Yeah I feel ya man.

I'm curious to see what % of the active player base has the maps.

FyreWulff

Homeboyd said:
Yeah I feel ya man.

I'm curious to see what % of the active player base has the maps.

I get Noble all the time in voting options.

It's Defiant that barely if ever shows up.

I have a pet theory that the majority of Defiant owners are in Firefight matchmaking. Because if you have it, there's like a 99% chance you get it and it always comes up as the first option in Firefight.

This would have the side effect of most of the Defiant owners not being available for multiplayer matchmaking.

Probably should have split Unearthed off into a single map for purchase instead of packing it with multiplayer maps, in retrospect.

It will be interesting if it's easier to get the Anniversary and Noble maps over Defiant in matchmaking post Anniversary release.

feel

Trasher said:
A lot of people have praised your shirt a lot. I dunno why you are worried haha.
I'm actually extremely nervous about having people spend money on a shirt I have no way of doing a final quality check on to see if the design went over well from huge .png to fabric.

*works on the wording for the apologetic private messages and orders some amazon giftcard codes in the amount of what a shirt costs*

Tunavi said:
I bet you hitmonchan will be raging about how much he hates this game in about 30 minutes

@homeboyd - 3 percent.

That seems like a high estimate.

FyreWulff said:
I get Noble all the time in voting options.

It's Defiant that barely if ever shows up.

I have a pet theory that the majority of Defiant owners are in Firefight matchmaking. Because if you have it, there's like a 99% chance you get it and it always comes up as the first option in Firefight.

This would have the side effect of most of the Defiant owners not being available for multiplayer matchmaking.

Probably should have split Unearthed off into a single map for purchase instead of packing it with multiplayer maps, in retrospect.

It will be interesting if it's easier to get the Anniversary and Noble maps over Defiant in matchmaking post Anniversary release.

I see Noble about once a month, if that. I've seen a Defiant map once.

I am also curious because its a disc, what regularity the CEA maps will appear in regular Reach playlists.

Trasher

Letters said:
I'm actually extremely nervous about having people spend money on a shirt I have no way of doing a final quality check on to see if the design went over well from huge .png to fabric.
Blame that Evilore guy if it doesn't turn out well IMO. :p

Plywood said:
I love this one haha.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
Stay up past your bed time with me bb.

Seriously, says you haven't been online in the last 23 hours. Wtf man. That ain't like you.
I'm trying to live past 30, so when I think about playing the game, this is me:

BPVcp.png

Plywood said:
I'm trying to live past 30, so when I think about playing the game, this is me:

BPVcp.png
Sunglasses, indoors, at night. I love it.

Because I'm sitting the lobby right now I was creeping on people currently on the active roster. Ghaleon, your commendation progress for firefight is downright alarming lol.

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:
Sunglasses, indoors, at night. I love it.
The only light I've got is a halogen desk lamp so some glasses would be good. Pulling an all night to restart my sleep schedule with Lost Planet 2 co-op as my game of choice

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good games Senador, Hitmonchan, Barrow Roll! Like how I just
st
roll into their base with the bomb? Objective is way more fun with HaloGAF, haha.

GhaleonEB said:
I needed 30 melee kills to hit Gold, so I worked on that in Grifball for a few games.
No worries. We noticed you left us for Grifball, but we didn't take it personally. :)

GhaleonEB

Sorry I didn't join you, I decided right when I got in the party I wasn't up to speed for serious MP. Kind of groggy, and I couldn't talk due to the hour, the wife and kids were asleep.

I needed 30 melee kills to hit Gold, so I worked on that in Grifball for a few games. Snagged that and the 17 kill Challenge in one game for a fast 6.5k cR. Notched a few wins too, though I won't keep pace to get the weekly Challenge.

omg.kittens said:
Good games Senador, Hitmonchan, Barrow Roll! Like how I just
st
roll into their base with the bomb? Objective is way more fun with HaloGAF, haha.
Awesome games tonight.

No rage from me. :^)

I was just having a bad day last time I played.

2flag slayer is fun not. Also, Asylum's lack of Sanctuary sight lines really breaks the map when you get players of any sort of decent skill playing on it.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
So yeah 343 owns Halo: Reach now.
It's been an hour, and they've done nothing about Reach's terribleness, I'm starting to think 343i might not be as great as I thought they would be. :/

Top Bottom