• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

343 please add a refined version of Reflection to better resemble Ivory tower in the classic+ playlist.
That's like a total of seven maps which is pretty sweet.
I can already see myself playing it non stop if they get rid of bloom.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Where is letters t-shirt? :(
Evilore was having some problems with it, and then I offered to vectorise it, but it turns out they aren't doing flock printing atm. I'll be sending him the new files momentarily and it should be added to the store soon.

I'm doing an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule, got bored and decided to work on an intro animation for HBO. Here's a snippet

qVjSW.jpg

Donat

Neo Member
Devolution said:
Got a first draft of the intro for hitmonchan, gonna link it in here too since I want some critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1HTxIjSrw
Looks great so far but I thought it had to be 5s?

MrBig said:
I'm doing an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule, got bored and decided to work on an intro animation for HBO. Here's a snippet

http://i.imgur.com/qVjSW.jpg
Looks good, too. I want to see the whole thing.

Also, here are some intros I'm working on (no sound because hitmonchan said so):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o6ZTvPfCjg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXN5ziCcK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ywZL4QtKg

vhfive

Good to here that letter's shirt will be available I'm definitely getting one of those.

What about Devo's with the quasi halo symbol in blue around the gaf emblem? I wanted that one as well.

Striker

PNut said:
I just can't reason how you think that Powerhouse is a good Arena/MLG style map. Red automatically has the jump on Rockets and Pro-pipe. A full team of Onyx players win red spawn the majority of the time based on this. There is data somewhere to support this; I know it.
Would you consider High Ground a "good" Ranked Slayer map? Because its weapon/powerup placements far favor the beach spawn than the base. It is worse than Powerhouse in that regard. High Ground's spawns were among the worst in the game - it would be the absolute worst if it wasn't for Narrows.

Beach spawn gets: Sniper, Ghost, Shotgun, Overshield
Base spawn gets: Spartan Laser, Ghost

Also beach spawn normally has easier access for Rocket Launcher, and quicker route to nab the Invis.

I s'pose I'm use to maps like Zanzibar and Burial Mounds which, in my view, had excellent selections in their usage. Also loved Terminal's placements for their rifles, Sword, and Rocket Launcher.

Is anybody else having some server issues with Reach? Service records and stats not loading and slow matchmaking times for me and my friends.

Dani said:
Is matchmaking borking up for anyone else right now? Took me five minutes just to get into the MM lobby.

Yep, maybe it has something to do with the transfer from Bungie to 343?

Tawpgun

Striker said:
Would you consider High Ground a "good" Ranked Slayer map? Because its weapon/powerup placements far favor the beach spawn than the base. It is worse than Powerhouse in that regard. High Ground's spawns were among the worst in the game - it would be the absolute worst if it wasn't for Narrows.

Beach spawn gets: Sniper, Ghost, Shotgun, Overshield
Base spawn gets: Spartan Laser, Ghost

Also beach spawn normally has easier access for Rocket Launcher, and quicker route to nab the Invis.

I s'pose I'm use to maps like Zanzibar and Burial Mounds which, in my view, had excellent selections in their usage. Also loved Terminal's placements for their rifles, Sword, and Rocket Launcher.
Guardian initial spawns were retarded.

Team that spawned Elbow has a guaranteed shot at OS, Sniper, and of course the powerful sniper tower location. They ALSO had a 50/50 chance of grabbing the invis.

I was advocating changing the spawns for years but oh well...

feel

Hypertrooper said:
Where is letters t-shirt? :(
Taking the opportunity of having dropbox fail on me to have it receive a last minute polish pass (by the hand of MrBig in Illustrator) so I don't risk having it look as it shouldn't after printing, and is eligible for flock printing in the future. Should be submitting it later today, and it should up in 6 to 8 weeks lol

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
Guardian initial spawns were retarded.

Team that spawned Elbow has a guaranteed shot at OS, Sniper, and of course the powerful sniper tower location. They ALSO had a 50/50 chance of grabbing the invis.

I was advocating changing the spawns for years but oh well...
Yeah, Guardian was another awful edition. The asymmetric maps have taken a serious dip down since Halo 2, unfortunately.

vhfive said:
Good to here that letter's shirt will be available I'm definitely getting one of those.

What about Devo's with the quasi halo symbol in blue around the gaf emblem? I wanted that one as well.
I don't see any of her designs. :-(

But goddamn, will I be spending monies at the store.

PooBone

Letters said:
The gameplay and scenarios were not fun at all for me. Even the early chief vs elites/grunts stuff didn't feel that great coming from HaloCE, so put me in control of an alien who has to shoot waves of flood with covenant weapons in depressing looking cramped scenarios, with a narrow FOV and yeah... not fun. The vistas, epic background events and incredible soundtrack couldn't carry a game that was not fun at its core, for me. MP owned though.

edit- again, all of this is not fact, or necessarily correct, just how I feel

Hey don't judge. The guy who got them is a huge halo fan who loves (and is not embarrassed of displaying) these kind of toys, so it was a win-win situation for me.

The fact that you spend time on a HaloGAF forum but your main motivation for getting rid of them is in case someone found them? Whoa.

Also I agree with your above post on Halo 2. Coming out of CE the game was super disappointed, but going back the Arbiter sections are some of my favorites. Other than the Delta Halo bit w/ MC they're the best levels and the most interesting environments to look at.

feel

PooBone said:
The fact that you spend time on a HaloGAF forum but your main motivation for getting rid of them is in case someone found them? Whoa.
New girl checks my place out while I'm gone for a few minutes to the bathroom or something, no toys in sight, good! Notices laptop idling in a coffee table.. "neogaf? What is that?" Checks page info "eh videogames? :/". Then notices 18k visits (since last FF install) and that's I when I hear the front door being slammed shut... sheeeeeeit, so close

PooBone

A27_StarWolf said:
I played through the Halo 2 campaign at least 20 times. I did not have Xbox live for the Xbox...
So have I. But I've played Halo CE's campaign over 200 times. (Can't even guess how many times I've played Halo, Silent Cartographer, and AotCR individually, probably 500 times a piece.)

Letters said:
New girl checks my place out while I'm gone for a few minutes to the bathroom or something, no toys in sight, good! Notices laptop idling in a coffee table.. "neogaf? What is that?" Checks page info "eh videogames? :/". Then notices 18k visits (since last FF install) and that's I when I hear the front door being slammed shut... sheeeeeeit, so close
If that's how it goes down, she isn't the one.

feel

vhfive said:
I also want that one (and Big's Perfection one, and about 12 general gaf ones.. fuuuuu). It's weird that is not there, if there was something wrong with it, she would've received a PM reply saying so, so maybe there's a second batch of designs getting put up shortly

PooBone said:
If that's how it goes down, she isn't the one.
Definitely not that night's one. :p

And don't take my off-topic posts that seriously.

Hydranockz & Zalinkrow - when Letters shirt has gone up I'm probably going to do an order if we want to band together to save on shipping (considering we see each other quite often).

Mikasangelos said:
New Thread worthy?
Says everything is fine to me..

Homeboyd

Zeouterlimits said:
Hydranockz & Zalinkrow - when Letters shirt has gone up I'm probably going to do an order if we want to band together to save on shipping (considering we see each other quite often).

Yeah it's back online now.

Miggytronz

Zeouterlimits said:

ah must of been fixed then. Crisis averted.

And now my service record won't load on Bnet. I don't think this has to do with the Reach issues earlier but something else...

Anybody else can't load their service records on Bnet?

EDIT: Still no stats loading for me on Reach, everybody is gray and a recruit, challenges don't load and no credit payouts....

Homeboyd

Tha Robbertster said:
And now my service record won't load on Bnet. I don't think this has to do with the Reach issues earlier but something else...

Anybody else can't load their service records on Bnet?

EDIT: Still no stats loading for me on Reach, everybody is gray and a recruit....
Yeah as soon as I saw the service notice from xbox live I checked my b.net account to see if it was affected and it currently says "Player has not played Halo Reach online."

I got nothing, clicking my profile just gives me the error page.

Can't believe they just nuked the reach and optimatch forums, seems so weird.

Homeboyd

king picollo said:
I got nothing, clicking my profile just gives me the error page.

Can't believe they just nuked the reach and optimatch forums, seems so weird.
Reach forum is still there under the "Halo Forums" heading in the Community drop-down menu.

feel

PooBone said:
Kotaku posted the art of this concept artist, Nicolas Bouvier, who's working on Halo 4 for 343. Apparently he also did the cover for Cryptum. Thought some of you might like to see the pretty paintings.
http://kotaku.com/5827202/the-sweeping-video-game-art-of-nicolas-bouvier/gallery/1
Love that guy's work, the foreruner book covers look amazing, I hope the 343 engineers manage to translate that type of concept work well into the games, as great as I think Bungie environments looked artistically for the most part (not the rusty environments), they always looked very far from the concepts.

Zeouterlimits said:
Hurm. Interesting that it was cause booting to break. Have people been abusing this in the games you've been playing?

I'm playing rumle pit now, desperate times call for desperate measures
actually kinda fun with some friends/spoiler]

It's a conspiracy!

- Bungie makes Halo 2 with a bunch of kickass online features.
- Xbox Live for 360 copies those features.
- Bungie disconnects from Halo and starts handing over stuff to 343.
- Xbox Live goes down.

I'm convinced that all XBL traffic was being routed through some unmarked Bungie server that everyone forgot about until they unplugged it.

Also we never landed on the moon and Andy Kaufman is still alive.

ncsuDuncan said:
It's a conspiracy!

- Bungie makes Halo 2 with a bunch of kickass online features.
- Xbox Live for 360 copies those features.
- Bungie disconnects from Halo and starts handing over stuff to 343.
- Xbox Live goes down.

I'm convinced that all XBL traffic was being routed through some unmarked Bungie server that everyone forgot about until they unplugged it.
Some in Redmond Mattrick is cursing about "those damn rebellious geese!".

Louis Wu said:
Hey, so... timing might be a little coincidental, but HBO is going to be offering a new shirt soon, as well. If you're at all interested, swing by and toss in your vote for color/sleeve options.

Thanks!
Light Blue/Dark Blue and Purple/White are awesome. Kind of wish the logo was on the the back side near the neck, but it's not that big of a deal. Will definitely be buying one or two.

Top Bottom