• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tunavi

Banned
Samus_Aran_Fusion_Suit.gif

FyreWulff

Hey You said:
Is Reach not working for anyone else?

I know it was down earlier, first It took a while to connect to the Reach servers and now it says "Playlist data pending download".

Is it a Xbox Live wide thing or just Halo?

Stats are offline on Bungie.net, so maybe people are carting servers down the street right now.

J10

Banned
We saw it months ago when the image was first discovered. Probably why the Forerunner in Halo Legends looked nothing like it. Still bad-ass though.

senador

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Thank you! I knew someone else would see it.

Also, Chief is far too small for this armour. It appears in Reach.

It's on
Tempest

I just went and took a screenshot but Bnet is not working fully!

I never noticed that Halo Waypoint has a list of the active challenges.

Apparently, I've put 10 days time into Reach. Really? I feel like I've put in 5 days, max.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I never noticed that Halo Waypoint has a list of the active challenges.

Apparently, I've put 10 days time into Reach. Really? I feel like I've put in 5 days, max.
10days? 10days? dude, that's insane.

According to raptr I played 15days. And that even record the time from December-May)

So I've been doing my best trying to keep up with this thread, but I do have a few questions.

Those screen grabs of MC sliding on a zip line (?) - what video is that from?

Is there any plans for a HaloGAF PAX meetup?

Devin Olsen said:
Absolutely.

Edit: What the what:

Kanbo from HBO on the HBO T-shirts said:
And about cost: the more shirts, the cheaper they are. We're looking at probably no more than $12 (shirt and shipping) on average per shirt. Order will most likely go USPS First Class, as that's a pretty cheap and fast method. I'm shipping all the shirts myself, and I personally welcome international orders!

Devin Olsen said:
I'm coming the whole way from Germany. I would kill myself if I didn't meet you guys. Can't wait. Can't wait. ARGH! Only a few weeks only a few weeks!

Edit.: The Halo.Bungie.Org t-shirt looks sexy. I'm going to wear it on PAX, if t-shirt is available before PAX.

Miggytronz

Devin Olsen said:
So I've been doing my best trying to keep up with this thread, but I do have a few questions.

Those screen grabs of MC sliding on a zip line (?) - what video is that from?

the HALO 4 teaser

PooBone

Hydranockz said:
Thank you! I knew someone else would see it.

Also, Chief is far too small for this armour. It appears in Reach.

It's on
Tempest
What? I've never seen or heard of this and can't find anything about it on google.

omg.kittens said:
I would be all over a Halo with Metroid inspiration. Keep the fluid combat dynamics, but add a bit more exploration. That sense of exploring an alien world is one of the most frequently cited reasons for people loving CE -- bring that feeling back with Halo 4 in a whole new way.

WANT

As Dani and Bagel have already discovered, five months away from Halo has utterly crushed my ability to stay alive and aim a gun with any precision. Gotta get back into it.

Letters said:
I also want that one (and Big's Perfection one, and about 12 general gaf ones.. fuuuuu). It's weird that is not there, if there was something wrong with it, she would've received a PM reply saying so, so maybe there's a second batch of designs getting put up shortly.

Yeah I asked in the original t-shirt thread that the ones whose designs aren't up, if we could be PMed what we need to fix. No such PM or whatever yet.

Devolution said:
I went for more to include some halo music. If hitmonchan wants me to cut it down I can but he hasn't said anything about that.
Eight seconds is fine with me. :^)

Will we run into an issue with licensing by including Halo music?

feel

Ramirez said:
Devo's and Letter's shirts MIA, sad panda.
Sorry :(

I resubmitted it already but EviLore probably collapsed shortly after getting the store up, he was up all night organizing it. Really wish he had warned me sooner that the files I sent him through dropbox ended up corrupt.

But I'm glad it happened, because MrBig then came along and offered to polish it up for me at pixel level on illustrator. He did really awesome work with the vectors, it looks the same at a glance, but now I can zoom in on the 4000x4000 file as much as I want and the edges never get rough anymore, putting a stop to my worries of that stuff ending up noticeable on the actual shirts depending on the precision of the printer.

edit- any news on why Devo's shirts are missing?

Hitmonchan107 said:
Eight seconds is fine with me. :^)

Will we run into an issue with licensing by including Halo music?
All Halo music should be fair game, I think. Something about Microsoft's rules that should make it okay.

MrBig

J10 said:
We saw it months ago when the image was first discovered. Probably why the Forerunner in Halo Legends looked nothing like it. Still bad-ass though.
Urk commented on it a while ago. It was just some conceptual art tests in relation to the Terminals.

Devin Olsen said:
Care to elaborate?
On the meetup? I think Duncan has a list of people from HaloGAF who are going. I figured we could all grab a bite to eat sometime. Nothing's set in stone, but we can start planning it out now, if you'd like.

On the T-shirts? Check out this news post from Lord Wu.

MrBig

Thagomizer said:
?

I'll stop now
The Halo 3 terminals concerning the forerunners AIs. It's not for anything actually being made, unless 343 has a use for the concept. Don't know anything more than that.

e: just noticed that was a link :lol

Devin Olsen said:
Care to elaborate?
About the HBO shirts or a PAX meetup?

PAX - No concrete plans yet (that I'm aware of) but I'm sure we'll all meet at some point. Most likely at one of the panels. I'm sure we'll also find somewhere to have a meetup outside of PAX hours too.

Zeouterlimits said:
Are you sure you don't have that in reverse? Sleeker? More ninja like? He looks huge, nothing like a nina to me.

I was going off of this in lieu of watching the trailer since it debuted

5fIpt.jpg

Rewatching the trailer, I see what you mean though. Chiefs been working dem traps.
I still think he looked bigger in the Halo 2/3 era however.

wwm0nkey

I really am interested to hear how Master Chiefs armor changed and why it did in0game. I mean we know it was Cortana, but why?

Top Bottom