• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bregmann Roche said:
You guys aren't going to believe this, but I've encountered a lot of quitters tonight.
u7wQu.jpg

FyreWulff

Rickenslacker said:
No! NO! I need some place to go to escape Forge World. I can't handle it anymore.

Yeah, well I'm playing the CEA maps from the Reach disc, so have fun playing like 2 playlists :p

Still really hoping the Halo 2 map is Headlong.

Also prediction for the Firefight element:

New wave option: Covenant Cruiser

Selecting this wave makes a cruiser jump in and glass the entire map.

You can only stop it by everyone firing rockets into the glassing port at the same time.

Probably Flood.

Falt

Bregmann Roche said:
You guys aren't going to believe this, but I've encountered a lot of quitters tonight.

I haven't encountered anyone in the last 15-20 minutes... can't get a game.

wwm0nkey

FyreWulff said:
Yeah, well I'm playing the CEA maps from the Reach disc, so have fun playing like 2 playlists :p

Still really hoping the Halo 2 map is Headlong.

Also prediction for the Firefight element:

New wave option: Covenant Cruiser

Selecting this wave makes a cruiser jump in and glass the entire map.

You can only stop it by everyone firing rockets into the glassing port at the same time.

Probably Flood.
Still kind of wish there wasn't a Halo 2 map in this since I am sure we are going to get a Halo 2 Anniversary for Halo 4, but if it has to be one map it better be Headlong.

Bregmann Roche said:

And I am likely one of those.
Not going to play fucking BTB snipers on Paradiso and shitty stuff like that (Boneyard I'm looking at you). Reach's players love shitty gametypes and I love quitting :>
Tonight has been unfun, crappy gametypes/maps and no credits -.-

FyreWulff

wwm0nkey said:
Still kind of wish there wasn't a Halo 2 map in this since I am sure we are going to get a Halo 2 Anniversary for Halo 4, but if it has to be one map it better be Headlong.

As I said before, Headlong would also be really easy (speaking from a conceptual point) map to adapt Invasion into and be really fun.

Stuff like capturing the first round of territories would make one of the cranes above the map swing the bridge piece and I-beam into place. It would already be in place for normal game modes of course.

It's frustrating that back in the Halo 2 days, we would have already heard about 'what' maps by now, but these days magazines buy up the exclusive reveals and such for these things now from the publisher, trying to sustain their relevance only to have people post about the reveal everywhere else anyway.

Falt

wwm0nkey said:

Halo 2 Anniversary? What, to celebrate 11-12 years of Halo?

Falt said:
Halo 2 Anniversary? What, to celebrate 11-12 years of Halo?

10 years since Halo 2, like CEA is 10 years since the launch of Halo CE.

Although personally, I don't think were getting an anniversary version of Halo 2.

Kibbles

I think they have to at least port Halo 2 over as it was just so we can play it online again. Pretty shitty they just took it offline.

Oh wait no, that would segregate the population, oh noz! You know, even though CoD has like every game since CoD4 in the top 10...

Kibbles said:
I think they have to at least port Halo 2 over as it was just so we can play it online again. Pretty shitty they just took it offline.

Oh wait no, that would segregate the population, oh noz! You know, even though CoD has like every game since CoD4 in the top 10...

The amount of playlists alone in reach does a fine job of segregating the population.

Booshka

Devolution said:
The amount of playlists alone in reach does a fine job of segregating the population.
Wouldn't want to cannibalize the 15,000 players that are in Living Dead
get it
every day by having good Halo MP games on Xbox Live.

Falt

Steelyuhas said:
10 years since Halo 2, like CEA is 10 years since the launch of Halo CE.

Although personally, I don't think were getting an anniversary version of Halo 2.

Pish posh!

Booshka said:
To celebrate 10 years of Halo on Xbox Live, or at least you could spin it that way.

Fiddle faddle!

Devolution said:

Doesn't stop you getting games though. I've been playing Team Classic the last few nights. I don't think the playlist population broke 400. Games all night, not a problem.

J10

Banned
I was messing around with the Forerunner combat skin concept in Photoshop, trying to make it look more Spartan-ish.

PrometheanChief.jpg

I know some folks wouldn't want such a radical redesign for the Chief, but I really like the idea of him upgrading his armor with Forerunner technology.

Tawpgun

FyreWulff said:
Holy shit, that new Halo 1 pistol SFX makes it sound like the ender of worlds.
dat rocket.

Imagine what the AR will sound like. Jesus christ.

And now the complaints.

Dark hud? Text alternating between blue and black? I hope thats a bug/will be changed.

And the Needler Needle Shots look worse. What happened to that glow? Put it back.

FyreWulff

I will have to say I don't like the sound the PR makes now while firing. It sounds wrong. Give me a while and I'll think of a better way to describe it.

I do love the foley on it's overheat and then closing, though. Keep that.

edit: after a bit of thinking of a way, here's what I don't like about it.

The thumpiness is still there, but the higher pitched sound component sounds something like a squeak toy or one of those toy ray guns with the sound effects buttons. Like a little chirp in there or something. Maybe it'll sound better with a bunch of other SFX going off. I would probably lengthen the duration of that higher pitched layer of the sfx and stretch it out a bit.

edit2:

or in other words, it sounds like they're playing the PR sound and the PP sound right on top of each other.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All of those are fantastic except for the new Needler sound. A bit too grating / high pitched.

ElRenoRaven

omg.kittens said:
All of those are fantastic except for the new Needler sound. A bit too grating / high pitched.

I liked it. The needler sounded a lot like the original but beefier. The rest were amazing. I can't wait at all now. I know the sound is in good hands.

neoism

What's your favorite change/addition in the Title Update? –Zeouterlimits

My favorite change is that thing that used to do this thing now does that thing. Freak. In’. Awesome.

:/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
I updated the Destiny map in my article:

http://misriahsolutions.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/oneofseven_map_neb_final.png

and for comparison to a Golden Ticket:

http://misriahsolutions.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/oneofseven_map_compare.png

Sorry for the huge images, I'm just really pleased with myself for piecing it together.
Just read through the update, and I had no idea about Bungie publicly looking for an Economy Designer. Holy shit. That all but confirms an MMO (or MMO lite). So psyched. I can't wait to see what they do with all this.

neoism

yeah whatever it is it will definitely consume my life for awhile... Can't wait... <3 you Bungle...
squidhands said:
oh my god. They all sound incredible. The noise the Rocket Launcher makes when it feeds a round into the tube...soundgasm.
I have to say out of all of the weapons the showed.. I really didn't like the rocket launcher explosion.... not enough smoke... the sparks were great though..

omg.kittens said:
Just read through the update, and I had no idea about Bungie publicly looking for an Economy Designer. Holy shit. That all but confirms an MMO (or MMO lite). So psyched. I can't wait to see what they do with all this.

Yeah I think it was the final straw for the people that keep thinking that their new game was going to be Halo again, but in a new universe.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
omg.kittens said:

And I didn't get attributed with posting that Economy Designer thing? For shame.

ElRenoRaven

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah I think it was the final straw for the people that keep thinking that their new game was going to be Halo again, but in a new universe.

I'm ok with that. If they can pull off an MMO and make it interesting I'll enjoy it. Knowing Bungie they can too. They've always been damn good at creating universes.

If I have one quitter on my team I keep playing. When multiple people quit I also quit. Tonight I have quit out of at least 3 games due to 5 on 3 or 4 on 2 situations. What happens at the end of my most recent game? Huge jackpot. Great job Bungie. Excellent deterrent for quitting.

Bregmann Roche said:
If I have one quitter on my team I keep playing. When multiple people quit I also quit. Tonight I have quit out of at least 3 games due to 5 on 3 or 4 on 2 situations. What happens at the end of my most recent game? Huge jackpot. Great job Bungie. Excellent deterrent for quitting.

You aren't helping the problem :/.

Top Bottom