• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

FyreWulff said:
Well, my PAX chances have brightened up considerably. A private dentist claims he can pull all four of my wisdoms under full sedation for 1200$ or less. Which is a fuckton cheaper than the other (corporate?) dentist office that was quoting 2200$.

It'd be nice to go to a PAX for once with spending money and/or not just having gotten out of the hospital and not feeling well enough to eat more than McDonalds the entire stay :p
Does he wear a black trench coat and operate out of the alley behind Burger King?

If so, tell him Josh sent you, and he'll give you a 10% discount.

He's also a fantastic small claims lawyer.

vhfive

Zeouterlimits said:
It seems that lake has dried right up.
10rln5k.gif

FyreWulff

Hitmonchan107 said:
Does he wear a black trench coat and operate out of the alley behind Burger King?

If so, tell him Josh sent you, and he'll give you a 10% discount.

He's also a fantastic small claims lawyer.

He's got an MD, so I think he's trustworthy.

He's also got real rolexes for 30$. One stop shop for all my needs.

The MM hickups were to be expected, completely changing hands on something that cant exactly go down for the day for 'maintenance' is a challenge.

Looking forward to seeing what changes 343 makes in the future.

Hey You

neoism said:
:( sorry bro.. I need to buy a new one. I've bought probably 20(no lie worst mics ever) Microsoft mics in the past 7 years on live... then I got a Tritton 5.1.... and it broke... :( thankfully it still works but the mic is fucked it was 175 dollars :(
Yeah Microsoft wireless Mics are shit, I've bought cheap $3 mics from Hong Kong that have lasted longer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gotta love getting matched up with two guys who are in private chat and AFK almost the entire game. :|

edit: Literally just got matched up with the same two people.

Plywood said:
Gotta love getting matched up with two guys who are in private chat and AFK almost the entire game. :|

edit: Literally just got matched up with the same two people.

karma, you should not have complained :p

Okay, any HaloGAF want to offer some advice?.

Im currently making a forge map for Slayer/CTF/Assault.

I want both 1 flag and 2 flag variants but im having a few issues.

I want 1 flag gametypes to always spawn the flag in blue base and switch teams to attack and defend, however its currently spawning on the Flag Capture plate at red base.

Im new to the whole label mechanic any explanation would be great.

Dug

Banned
Hey You said:
Yeah Microsoft wireless Mics are shit
Hey, I've had this wireless mic for a couple of months now and it's fine! Plus, the charging time on it is insane! 1 hour of charging is like 2 hours.

insert my wireless mic breaking next time I use it

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27_StarWolf said:
karma, you should not have complained :p
Yes, it's obviously my fault trueskill doesn't work the way it should.

2o2g6.png

UX29q.png

I hope they add in an algorithm that matches quitters with quitters and AFK'ers with AFK'ers.

TimeLike

Man, I hope they can fix this matchmaking server business soon. After one game of Firefight Doubles it said Offline Credit Limit reached. Pooface! Best of luck to ya, 343i.

Plywood said:
Yes, it's obviously my fault trueskill doesn't work the way it should.

2o2g6.png

UX29q.png

I hope they add in an algorithm that matches quitters with quitters and AFK'ers with AFK'ers.

...thats the second time you have used that against me this week :p

Butane123

StalkerUKCG said:
Okay, any HaloGAF want to offer some advice?.

Im currently making a forge map for Slayer/CTF/Assault.

I want both 1 flag and 2 flag variants but im having a few issues.

I want 1 flag gametypes to always spawn the flag in blue base and switch teams to attack and defend, however its currently spawning on the Flag Capture plate at red base.

Im new to the whole label mechanic any explanation would be great.
Red always starts defense.
Blue always starts offense.

Just how it is.

Since everyone seems to be talking of mics, can anyone recommend me a nice headphone/mic combination? I want a nice set that I can watch movies with/listen to music/play games, but don't want to have to rig some sort of mic underneath it to hear and tlak to people.

Stormtrooper30 said:
Since everyone seems to be talking of mics, can anyone recommend me a nice headphone/mic combination? I want a nice set that I can watch movies with/listen to music/play games, but don't want to have to rig some sort of mic underneath it to hear and tlak to people.

I have the turtlebeach X4's and a friend has the X41's their both good but for a similar price you would be best going with the Astro A40's

MrBig

Stormtrooper30 said:
For a fantastic sound and relatively cheap headphone pair I would get the ATH-M50s (but only if you have an amp)

For mics do NOT get a gaming headphone set. Get a good pair of headphones and wear the MS stock mic around your neck.

Bread said:
I haven't been keeping up with Halo news lately, when will we find out the details of the title update?
Perhaps tidbits in the Weekly Updates, PAX/HaloFest for the full breakdown - is how I understand it.

MrBig said:
For a fantastic sound and relatively cheap headphone pair I would get the ATH-M50s (but only if you have an amp)

For mics do NOT get a gaming headphone set. Get a good pair of headphones and wear the MS stock mic around your neck.

Any reason for this? i have the x4's and iv noticed nothing but above standard voice chat coming in and out of the headset. its more clear, louder and has much more pitch range.

neoism

Devin Olsen said:
The MM hickups were to be expected, completely changing hands on something that cant exactly go down for the day for 'maintenance' is a challenge.

Looking forward to seeing what changes 343 makes in the future.
yeah figured the same no worries... I really think their gonna make some damn nice changes.

MrBig

StalkerUKCG said:
Any reason for this? i have the x4's and iv noticed nothing but above standard voice chat coming in and out of the headset. its more clear, louder and has much more pitch range.
That's only because you are hearing it through drivers that aren't terrible, which the MS mic are. You will not be getting better out because that is a software limitation.
For what you pay for a gaming headset you can get a cheaper entry-level set that gives much much better sound.

Isaac has some new stuff up
ih_boneyard+undership01.jpg

ih_boneyard01b.jpg

ih_flag_room_1.jpg

Certainly ended up looking more drab than his concepts

bobs99 ... said:
Not just the worst mics, Microsoft are pretty shoddy when it comes to gaming hardware full stop. My xbox currently overheats 10 minuites into a game, I have only been playing Saints Row recently but I doubt its just isolated to that. Anyone know how to fix 2 red lights?

/bitter

So what's happening with Reach, are the servers down or are there like random bugs?
I actually fixed my 2 red lights but I'd suggest using your warranty with MS before doing anything yourself. Check PM's.

MrBig said:
That's only because you are hearing it through drivers that aren't terrible, which the MS mic are. You will not be getting better out because that is a software limitation.
For what you pay for a gaming headset you can get a cheaper entry-level set that gives much much better sound.

Isaac has some new stuff up
ih_boneyard+undership01.jpg

ih_boneyard01b.jpg

ih_flag_room_1.jpg

Certainly ended up looking more drab than his concepts

Can you link his site again? I forgot it.

My problem with video game concept art is it always looks way better than the actual game does lol.

Tawpgun

kylej said:
Matchmaking's broken? OK gonna drink beers and watch the Sox damn you Frankie.
Matchamking is fine. Credits, Armory, Challenges, are not. You can still cleanse. You just won't get paid to do it.

Steelyuhas said:
It's too bad that this art direction for Brutes never really came across in the games because this guy looks badass as can be:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ezXfXwVkn3k/TTi6Vd6SsXI/AAAAAAAAAC0/xMmtlHRP2pM/s1600/ih_brute09_stealthb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow, I'd actually like fighting those Brutes.

Top Bottom