• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Falt

Bregmann Roche said:
If I have one quitter on my team I keep playing. When multiple people quit I also quit. Tonight I have quit out of at least 3 games due to 5 on 3 or 4 on 2 situations. What happens at the end of my most recent game? Huge jackpot. Great job Bungie. Excellent deterrent for quitting.

Yeah, bungie! WTF!?

I don't think there's anything that can be done to deter someone who isn't having fun and wants to quit.

ncsuDuncan said:
Found this via an HBO post:

It looks like the full name of the first Aerospace game is Crimson: Steam Pirates.

news post (in French)

Logo

Looks like HaloDestiny.net got ahold of a flash drive showing a link to a trailer and a demo (but it sounds like they weren't able to access that stuff).
Wasn't it you who called that it would take place on the high seas?

^Oohh, CEA is looking and sounding nice nice..

J10 said:
I hope the Chief at some point ditches the Mjolnir completely in favor of some Forerunner tech.

209px-Ih_promethean_bullet.jpg

But in green. New trilogy, new clothes.

So cool looking.. I wonder what the plan was.

MrBig said:
That's only because you are hearing it through drivers that aren't terrible, which the MS mic are. You will not be getting better out because that is a software limitation.
For what you pay for a gaming headset you can get a cheaper entry-level set that gives much much better sound.

Isaac has some new stuff up
ih_boneyard+undership01.jpg

ih_boneyard01b.jpg

ih_flag_room_1.jpg

Certainly ended up looking more drab than his concepts

Wow, if only the final game came close to matching that art.. Its sooo nice looking.

A27_StarWolf said:
You aren't helping the problem :/.

I play this game to have fun. When I'm just running around powerhouse getting power-weaponed to death in a 5 on 2 I'm not having fun. I'm sure it's nice to have a group of people you can regularly play with. I don't have that. So if I'm in a game that is in some way fundamentally unfun (severely outnumbered) I quit in an attempt to have fun in another game.

I used to get angry at quitters...but that was before I realized how shitty it is to constantly play 5 on 2. I have had more than one teammate quit on me in probably close to half or more than half of my games tonight. Only 4 of my 15 or so games from tonight show up on Bungie.net. In one of them I had a teammate quit and kept playing. In 2 of them nobody quit. In the fourth my whole team quit.

That's just the four games B.net recorded. Then to get a big jackpot after having quit all those times...man...what a joke.

feel

Kibbles said:
So now bs angel is in on the joke.. :/

I was reaching down my pants as I read all that lead up to it and then... denied!!

On the other hand (tehee!), holy shit at the sound of the pistol and the melee/reload sound on the rocket!! Please please please don't fuck up the AR sound, not after all that is being said in this bulletin and how relatively faithful the other weapons sound. When you do the comparison clip for it eventually, it has to sound the same!! But better!! Though the sound of firing the rocket seems a bit off and wtf at the weird reach hexagonal tip. But damn, the game is looking so beautiful! Loved seeing the original particle effects, specially when the plasma rifle was being shot in CEA and the rock bits were sliding down the slope just like they used to.

BELI343

Tunavi said:
:lol

Holy moly I enjoyed those sounds. I also never really noticed the particle effects that flew off that rock but I was happy to see it almost exactly the same in the updated graphics.

Rocket Launcher looks weird, but the kinda weird that is good.

Homeboyd

wwm0nkey said:
So anyone have a reaction to that Title Update bloom hint? Pretty much the most blatant hint we have gotten lol
Yeah we've been bombarded with so many references to bloom.. at this point Im assuming all weapons will have auto-aim 1 shot kill headshots.

PsychoRaven said:
I'm ok with that. If they can pull off an MMO and make it interesting I'll enjoy it. Knowing Bungie they can too. They've always been damn good at creating universes.

Yeah I embraced the Bungie MMO a while ago, I can't wait to see what they are doing.

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
So anyone have a reaction to that Title Update bloom hint? Pretty much the most blatant hint we have gotten lol
I don't even want to think about it. I don't even want to have to think about it. I just want it to be here already. >.>

Booties

Banned
J10 said:
I hope the Chief at some point ditches the Mjolnir completely in favor of some Forerunner tech.

209px-Ih_promethean_bullet.jpg

But in green. New trilogy, new clothes.

Steelyuhas said:
It's too bad that this art direction for Brutes never really came across in the games because this guy looks badass as can be:
ih_brute09_stealthb.jpg

Look similar to me.

wwm0nkey

Homeboyd said:
Yeah we've been bombarded with so many references to bloom.. at this point Im assuming all weapons will have auto-aim 1 shot kill headshots.
Its going to suck because when they do announce bloom being gone I dont think most of us will be excited.....most of us will be very very happy though :D

wwm0nkey said:
Its going to suck because when they do announce bloom being gone I dont think most of us will be excited.....most of us will be very very happy though :D
I have a festival planned for the announcement.

Tawpgun

That was issacs concept for a Forerunner Combat Skin. Read Cryptum to find out more.

Also am I the only one disappointed with the lack of glow on the needles?

Blueblur1

The Brute image that was posted above reminds of how uncool the Brutes still look. They seriously could never design an enemy cooler than the Elites. Hope 343i fares better with Halo 4 and its antagonists.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Point it out for me.

Blueblur1 said:
Pistol sounds bad. Doesn't sound like mah pistol anymore. :/
Sounds the same to me but as if it was recorded with a better mic.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=Ni9D7lxyG3Q&start1=0&video2=Ni9D7lxyG3Q&start2=35

wwm0nkey said:
The celebratory gifs will go on for pages and pages, with only the occasional combo-breaker every 35 posts or so by neoism, tashi, louis wu, juices or that samuraix guy

FyreWulff

wwm0nkey said:
86c55a4b2737ac7aabb4f07d6da893f0.png

Mostly pay attention to the "not related part"

Why would BSAngel tell someone to get better at pacing if bloom was going to be removed anyway (which would entail a locked firing rate at the slowest pace the DMR currently can do) ?

I'll be disappointed if it's global because LAN is basically doing to be damn near impossible as it'd break inter-version compatibility completely.

feel

FyreWulff said:
Why would BSAngel tell someone to get better at pacing if bloom was going to be removed anyway (which would entail a locked firing rate at the slowest pace the DMR currently can do) ?

I'll be disappointed if it's global because LAN is basically doing to be damn near impossible as it'd break inter-version compatibility completely.
Because it's not going to be removed?? :)

Just not there in some playlists.

FyreWulff

Letters said:
Because it's not going to be removed?? :)

Just not there in some playlists.

If it's just in some playlists, then it's going to be in the CE:A maps only.

I'm not saying it's impossible to remove bloom, I just don't see them removing it in existing .maps without breaking inter-version compatibility, which Halo 2 and Halo 3 had between all versions. (Considering Halo 2 had 6 patches and Halo 3 had 2 of them, that's pretty impressive). Bloom is client-side, and not determined by the host (otherwise the reticule would lag horribly off-host). There's nothing to stop clients from firing full speed on a bloomless host.

Although by now, you'd think MS would have come up with a way of consoles sending each other TU data so non-Live 360s could obtain updates. Nintendo beat them to consoles being able to send each other patches (there was a bug in one of the GBA pokemon that was fixed in this way), which considering MS is supposed to be the update/internet smart company.. yeah.

blamite

FyreWulff said:
Because he was used to playing without pacing shots, of course! :D

Falagard

wwm0nkey said:
That technology is flawed :)

Homeboyd said:

I've been discussing Notch's comments with some other game developers and the general verdict is that he's completely off base. Carmack weighed in on it himself and said it's not doable with current generation hardware but will probably be possible in the next couple years - the big problem is the content pipeline (the artists creating the content and eventually getting it into the game), not necessarily the tech.

On a related note, I've worked with Greg Douglas who is a project leader on Unlimited Detail. The guy is a genius.

wait, what's wrong with people firing full speed on the DMR as long as we assume greater movement speed and no inertia? Just strafe the same as you always have.

ElRenoRaven

Booties said:
Lol these scrubs thinking bloom is going away. Get real, nerds.

Yup. They're adding more. I can't wait to see a Warthog getting harder to steer the faster you drive. It will be so awesome.

feel

FyreWulff said:
If it's just in some playlists, then it's going to be in the CE:A maps only.

I'm not saying it's impossible to remove bloom, I just don't see them removing it in existing .maps without breaking inter-version compatibility, which Halo 2 and Halo 3 had between all versions. (Considering Halo 2 had 6 patches and Halo 3 had 2 of them, that's pretty impressive). Bloom is client-side, and not determined by the host (otherwise the reticule would lag horribly off-host). There's nothing to stop clients from firing full speed on a bloomless host.

Although by now, you'd think MS would have come up with a way of consoles sending each other TU data so non-Live 360s could obtain updates. Nintendo beat them to consoles being able to send each other patches (there was a bug in one of the GBA pokemon that was fixed in this way), which considering MS is supposed to be the update/internet smart company.. yeah.
I get what you mean now. But that's the kind of stuff that is up to professionals at 343 and Microsoft to figure out, with their experience and knowledge of the inner workinsg of all the code and systems that are involved, we just get to look at the surface, we don't really get to say what's possible or not..

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
What do you guys think the size of the Title Update will be?

Also kind of wondering what its current size is.

4 gigs or so. Going to be every map with the bloom and weapon changes. BELIEVE!!

Top Bottom