• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Steelyuhas said:
My problem with video game concept art is it always looks way better than the actual game does lol.

I will never mock a concept artist ever. Every single piece of concept art I see, no matter what medium it is "concepted" for, looks amazing and better than whatever movie/game/tv show that comes of it. Thank you concept artists. Thank you.

"Modern Artists" on the other hand will receive the standard mockery AS WELL AS the mockery that would have gone towards concept artists had they not proven themselves so worthy.

Edited for: Congrats Dax. Now, how many letter to Frankie are you going to write if the Thumper isn't in Halo 4?

Tunavi

Banned
the hype for tonights bulletin...
lp%20food%20temp%20rising.gif

Dug

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
https://apps.facebook.com/halofest/contest/view/machinima/4e362c7095008e5d7800f2b4

For new page. If HaloGAF hasn't voted yet I'd appreciate it. If any lurkers are watching toss me a vote as well :)

Sorry to be promoting this out the ass but I actually have a good chance of winning this thing. I'm in 4th place in the votes, but the top 2 voted videos SHOULD get disqualified for not following the rules.
I voted for you, but something about it seemed a bit cheesy. No offense.

Dax01 said:
*spits out drink*

The dude(s) responsible for this must search around the community for clips 'cause I certainly didn't submit anything. That's really cool, though. #3!

Well done Dax, that was actually a pretty cool clip. I have to say though, i'm suprised they published the gamertag of the number 1 clip, sick as it was :z

Tunavi

Banned
thee henery said:
Well done Dax, that was actually a pretty cool clip. I have to say though, i'm suprised they published the gamertag of the number 1 clip, sick as it was :z
I'm at work, what was the gamertag?

Homeboyd said:

Holy shit I knew #1 was gonna be good whenever it opened up with a freakin' ninja haha

I was not disappointed.

EDIT: Just a heads up, I'm going to start playing with Halogaffers more often because I'm sick of playing with randoms. That's OK right? haha I may start to tolerate Reach once that starts happening.

Bregmann Roche said:
Edited for: Congrats Dax. Now, how many letter to Frankie are you going to write if the Thumper isn't in Halo 4?
Pro-Pipe, good sir.

And to answer your query, I will go crazy if the Pro-Pipe isn't in Halo 4.

Tawpgun

Dug said:
I voted for you, but something about it seemed a bit cheesy. No offense.
None taken. I would say I'd take constructive criticism... but this isn't my best effort mainly for times sake. I was waiting on someone to deliver on our first idea but he never did. So I had to go with our back up plan in like 2 days.

Submitted this at like 1 AM the day it was due.

You guys read this yet?

"Another example of a possible change that might come to Combat Evolved Anniversary is the fan-favorite pistol. While the overpowered little beauty will still be the same beast it always was in campaign mode, the multiplayer version might -- emphasis on might -- be changed a little bit."

And some other things are elaborated upon.

A27 Tawpgun said:
None taken. I would say I'd take constructive criticism... but this isn't my best effort mainly for times sake. I was waiting on someone to deliver on our first idea but he never did. So I had to go with our back up plan in like 2 days.

Submitted this at like 1 AM the day it was due.

please give us a vote if you guys can, it doesn't take long!

I was disappointed that almost none of the videos submitted had to do with the "ten years" theme.

wwm0nkey

ElzarTheBam said:
You guys read this yet?

"Another example of a possible change that might come to Combat Evolved Anniversary is the fan-favorite pistol. While the overpowered little beauty will still be the same beast it always was in campaign mode, the multiplayer version might -- emphasis on might -- be changed a little bit."

Well at least we know the Halo 1 pistol is being considered for the update, hopefully it makes it in I miss it :(

Tawpgun

ElzarTheBam said:
You guys read this yet?

I can't survive off this trickle of water.

MAKE IT RAIN IN THE BULLETIN.

O'Connor teased one of those surprises specifically, an innovation relating to the game's lone Firefight map, which is set on Halo. "We've actually been able to-- because of the stuff we've been playing with in terms of the base code, there's something that we've been able to add to Firefight."

He wouldn't go into specifics since the element is still being tested -- "We're pretty confident it's going to make it in," O'Connor said -- but it is something "that hasn't been seen before." He teased, "It's something that hasn't been in Firefight to date, and it should make it a pretty compelling experience."

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...etails-343s-frank-oconnor-talks#ixzz1U0xVDa7h

that article Elzar posted.

Ghaleon, eat your heart out!

ElzarTheBam said:
You guys read this yet?

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Stop calling it overpowered! Perfectly balanced in the CE sandbox. Hell, it's better balanced that the precision weapon(s) from Halo 2, 3, or Reach

senador said:
I'd take Thumper over Chief.

Thumper is a weapon from the travesty that they call Modern Warfare 2. Pro-pipe is from Reach.

wwm0nkey said:
Well at least we know the Halo 1 pistol is being considered for the update, hopefully it makes it in I miss it :(

Yep and other interesting stuff:

"We're putting new Forge build pieces in the maps," O'Connor said. "A good example is Beaver Creek. You want to make that map a little bit bigger, so we've added some tunnels and stuff. In the classic mode it'll be blocked off, but you can take that out in Forge. With the Forge, all the stuff that works in Reach multiplayer with work in the multiplayer component of this

On terminals
"They'll definitely feed into Greg Bear's novels and there'll be some links to Halo 4 as well," O'Connor added. "I would caution people: you don't need to read the terminals to play Halo 4. You don't need to buy a book to understand Halo 1. We try to make these things self-contained as well as connected."

On skulls
Skulls will be back, as we already know, starting with the previously announced Grunt Funeral. O'Connor confirmed that all of the skulls will be new to the series, though "some of them will do familiar things."

and the wierdest thing of all
"The choice of maps was all based on, obviously people's favorites, but also things that haven't been remade on the 360 because it would be redundant," he added. "Blood Gulch is the obvious number one go-to, but it's available in Reach and in Halo 3. There are still some surprises to announce that I think people will be pretty happy with."

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
Make sure you have good speakers/headphones.
How good does it have to be at handling loud low-end frequencies? I don't want to have the sound crack on me if it's a CEA clip and someone shoots an AR.

MrBig

Letters said:
How good does it have to be at handling loud low-end frequencies? I don't want to have the sound crack on me if it's a CEA clip and someone shoots an AR.
You won't get cracks in bass, which the AR better be pumped full of

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ElzarTheBam said:
and the wierdest thing of all
"The choice of maps was all based on, obviously people's favorites, but also things that haven't been remade on the 360 because it would be redundant," he added. "Blood Gulch is the obvious number one go-to, but it's available in Reach and in Halo 3. There are still some surprises to announce that I think people will be pretty happy with."

I was actually going to talk about Valhalla, but lost my train of thought. I believe he is quoting me verbatim though. In before someone posts that ethier Blood Gulch is in Halo 3 and hidden, or I don't know what Lockout is.

Letters said:

Only your dog will be able to hear the final version. But it's not AR.

A27_StarWolf said:
that article Elzar posted.

Ghaleon, eat your heart out!

Whoa, does that confirm that the firefight map is on Halo? Is this a slip up?

Also, what haven't we done in Firefight yet? Fly a banshee... or, I was thinking, what if they did a tiered level ala invasion but in firefight.

Thinking of that, remember in the original Doom games where you'd walk round a corner and a door would open up with five barons of hell screaming in your face? Imagine that with five hunters. If firefight is to return with Halo 4, then i'd like something akin to the architect (I think it's known as?) in Left for dead, that scales difficulty or enemy hordes based on how well you're handling the map.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I was actually going to talk about Valhalla, but lost my train of thought. I believe he is quoting me verbatim though. In before someone posts that ethier Blood Gulch is in Halo 3 and hidden, or I don't know what Lockout is.

The secret of sandtrap is a hidden blood gulch!

FyreWulff

You know, technically Forge World should be on the Anniversary multiplayer, since it DOES have the Halo 1 version of Blood Gulch's bases with Coag's world geometry. Just a thought.

Sure as hell wouldn't pay for a version where the bases are just no longer Forge Objects :lol

FyreWulff said:
You know, technically Forge World should be on the Anniversary multiplayer, since it DOES have the Halo 1 version of Blood Gulch's bases with Coag's world geometry. Just a thought.
No! NO! I need some place to go to escape Forge World. I can't handle it anymore.

Top Bottom