• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Lol met up with a GAF party in objective.

Good game guys, our teammates were assholes though... I got betrayed twice and they were idiots :/

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
aw yeah! :lol

Oh did you take that as a good thing? I meant more bloom and smaller clip sizes except on the AR which will have it's clip size increased by double. I'm sorry you took that the wrong way.
Just kidding

senador

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Thumper is a weapon from the travesty that they call Modern Warfare 2. Pro-pipe is from Reach.

My life is ruined. I didn't know that even though I've played the game. I'll have to edit my avatar. :( Now I realize why Dax is against it.

wwm0nkey said:
86c55a4b2737ac7aabb4f07d6da893f0.png

Mostly pay attention to the "not related part"

I think you are reaching too hard dude. I just read that as poking fun at the dude because he doesn't know how to play.

Steelyuhas said:
Did they vote 2 Flag Slayer on Asylum? :/

Frack! If I get that again tonight...I won't be happy. I'll be on a little later again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I left my good controller at my friend's house, and the only other one I have has a broken left bumper. And I can't get the good one back till Monday. Guess I'm playing nothing but Team Classic this weekend, hah.

senador said:
My life is ruined. I didn't know that even though I've played the game. I'll have to edit my avatar. :( Now I realize why Dax is against it.
I know I'm going to get so much flak for this, but I love Modern Warfare 2. It's a game that I can jump in and just not give a damn if I'm doing well or not. It's the perfect solution to a bad night of Halo.

wwm0nkey

senador said:
I think you are reaching too hard dude. I just read that as poking fun at the dude because he doesn't know how to play.
Meh either way we shall find out this month. I do understand that I could be reading too much into it because I usually do tend to do that :)

feel

CEA pistol doesn't have the empty bullet casings popping out of it upwards.. cannot un-notice, cannot un-ruin D:

senador said:

Yeah, all of GAF would appreciate it I think. :p

Devin Olsen said:
Nah, we played one flag temptest.

Although that is not horrifying like 2 flag slayer is, I don't understand why there is one flag on symmetrical maps. Keep 2 flag for the symms and 1 flag for the asymms, seems pretty simple.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I know I'm going to get so much flak for this, but I love Modern Warfare 2. It's a game that I can jump in and just not give a damn if I'm doing well or not. It's the perfect solution to a bad night of Halo.

I like COD, but I personally find MW2 to be the worst MP COD by a country mile.

GhaleonEB

Out most of the day. Quick reactions to stuff:

I Reach looks more like the concept art for it than any other Halo title, but I wish the direction was more in line with Isaac's art. The man is incredible and an enormous asset to Bungie.

On the videos from the bulletin: I really liked everything to do with the pistol, it's got the spirit of the original with the deep oomph behind it to reflect the raw power it has. Nice metallic sounds during reload and melee as well.

I didn't like the current screen shake for the rocket launcher blast. It's excessive and the transition from the shake to stillness is jarring.

I didn't like the new Needler or Plasma Rifle shots, as I had a hard time seeing them. Both had clear visual signatures before and now their projectiles seem nearly invisible. But as with the pistol I like the sound and animation designs, particularly the melee. They share Reach's style of a deep, heavier sound beneath hard metal on metal.

Does matchmaking work yet?

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't like the new Needler or Plasma Rifle shots, as I had a hard time seeing them. Both had clear visual signatures before and now their projectiles seem nearly invisible. But as with the pistol I like the sound and animation designs, particularly the melee. They share Reach's style of a deep, heavier sound beneath hard metal on metal.

I will give you the Needler and Plasma rifle visuals need work. The sounds I like but I do agree that the projectiles and their impact seems to be almost nonexistent.

I was sad we didn't get to hear or see the Assault Rifle. The videos we've seen of it have had a lot of talking over them. It would be nice to hear it's sound without the talking over it.

MrBig

So here's a draft for my HBO intro animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUb6xUFS5dA

The geometry is a little messy and things have been updated since then but it gets the idea across

The moving shadow is of a Ring that turns into an underline of hbo, what are people's opinions about that aspect?
Here's the scene view: http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/gaf/halogaf/hboviewport.jpg
What the underline and circle look like now, with the ring being a little thinner:
http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/gaf/halogaf/hbo1.jpg
http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/gaf/halogaf/hbodif1.jpg

Critiques, suggestions, anything?

Recarpo

Tunavi said:

I'm just getting on if you don't mind playing with a little old junior. My mic was making a really loud screeching sound the last time I tried it out so I may be without one, though. GT is recarpo if you still need 2.

MrBig

Played a bit of ODST solo legendary today

halo3_123040566_Full.jpg

This encounter was amazing.

I wish the major/minor hunter pairs were in Reach, with the fuel rod gun and the beam. It's a really great duet style fight that was really fun and challenging.

MrBig

Ryaaan14 said:
Son of a bitch. Trying to load B.net to F5 for ViDOC and it won't let me past the Windows Live login error screen.
It likely won't be live until their workday starts, 8 or 9 am PST.

ElRenoRaven

Ryaaan14 said:
Son of a bitch. Trying to load B.net to F5 for ViDOC and it won't let me past the Windows Live login error screen.

Um it won't be out till probably sometime tomorrow. By some miracle it might be about in about 2 hours but I doubt it.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
urk said:
Yup. Get some sleep.

I appreciated "Grooming with Urk" the 10-minute pre-roll for the vidoc.

You sure know a lot about beards, culture and beard culture.

Tunavi

Banned
lybertyboy said:

You sure know a lot about beards, culture and beard culture.
please take evade out of matchmaking.

\/ lol
\/\/lolol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
lybertyboy said:

Cool. I was worried that eight straight minutes of inner thigh and stomach trimming would be a little bit excessive.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
urk said:
Cool. I was worried that eight straight minutes of inner thigh and stomach trimming would be a little bit excessive.

Once you've crossed that particular bridge it's a little late to be squeamish.

This is what I imagined when I pictured an HD Halo:

zZ7qN.jpg

Courtesy of B.net.

-------

I loved almost everything from the Bulletin videos, except for the plasma bolts from the plasma rifle.

The original version shot big darting blobs of plasma, and the new version fires tiny darts. And I miss the big splash after impact.

Steelyuhas said:
Agreed except for the overheating animation and sound was so epic that it made up for it lol.
Those were beastly.

I'm afraid of how Halo 4 will look after seeing the beauty of Anniversary. Can the Reach engine look that good?

Hitmonchan107 said:
I loved almost everything from the Bulletin videos, except for the plasma bolts from the plasma rifle.

The original version shot big darting blobs of plasma, and the new version fires tiny darts. And I miss the big splash after impact.

Agreed except for the overheating animation and sound was so epic that it made up for it lol.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
So that leaves two minutes for the beard proper. I've been growing one for three months, hopefully those two minutes are bursting with wisdom. I need some tips from a master. Particularly on pulling off a beard comb-over.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
So that leaves two minutes for the beard proper. I've been growing one for three months, hopefully those two minutes are bursting with wisdom. I need some tips from a master. Particularly on pulling off a beard comb-over.

I hear pulling that off comes down to use of nose hair to fill in the empty spots.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
I hear pulling that off comes down to use of nose hair to fill in the empty spots.
Dammit. I've been trimming. Though, the mustache edges could come in handy, I should let those dangle down to the gaps since they get a head start.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Dammit. I've been trimming. Though, the mustache edges could come in handy, I should let those dangle down to the gaps since they get a head start.

Yea I hear if the nose hair isn't long enough due to grooming error you can substitute mustache tips.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
Yea I hear if the nose hair isn't long enough due to grooming error you can substitute mustache tips.
I remain disappointed at the lack of beard clippings in my Bungie swag bag. I was hoping to do a transplant.
Hitmonchan107 said:
I can't wait to hit puberty.
Has anyone given you the talk? Speaking of hair and all.

Top Bottom