• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Barrow Roll said:
Oh Jesus, lighten the fuck up.
I've been on the recieving end of what you guys dealt out there plenty of times. It sucks, it's the very definition of poor sportsmanship, and anyone doing it is a total douchebag.

Just cap the flag.

Plywood said:
This part? http://tinyurl.com/y86knbw

You know what's insulting? When I raise a number of valid points and you shit all over it. How classy of you to write off my post by addressing it but not having the courtesy to quote it... What's the word I'm looking for? Douchebag, douchebag, douchebag, douchebag, douchebag, douchebag.

The rebel you are quitting out of games, if only people would follow your shining beacon of morality and Halo honor. Truly a fine moment in your time with Reach, so much so you had to tell us how it was one of your best. Yes it was so good that one time you didn't play, if only you'd do it more often.

As for Objective, we do play it you clown, we just play at a different pace and style than others.

The party I rolled with alternates anywhere from 4-8 and Team Slayer is a unplayable mess so we play Objective with maps that aren't made with blocks(barring Asylum) and have more bearable framerates and colors that aren't just gray. When we get 5 players we play Squad Slayer. Six? Premium battle. 7-8? Big team.

I don't know where the latest batch of members came from but the fact is a number of you have come to our community and you mock judge our posters then proceed to cry wolf. Posters you know nothing about and while I have no problem with none of you personally you sure know how make yourselves be on someones shit list.

I could say the same to you. If you can't see why holding the objective to massacre a lesser skilled team is douchey, then we're not going to be able to have a reasonable discussion. Stephen's K/D is high in objective because he's almost always our sniper, not because we hold the objective. Also, see what I said earlier about long-winded explanations.

GhaleonEB said:
I've been on the recieving end of what you guys dealt out there plenty of times. It sucks, it's the very definition of poor sportsmanship, and anyone doing it is a total douchebag.

Just cap the flag.
Boy, why can't these juniors learn their place?

FyreWulff

Man, today's "Love of the Game" challenge is mean. That's as many games as you needed per day to complete the last "COMPLETE ___ GAMES" weekly.

feel

Everyone simma down now! Specially the juniors, and not because your opinions matter less, but because you're still on probation and I've seen this kind of agressive attitude in new members result in permabans more than once, don't assume mods don't watch Halogaf, that just a joke, they do. And let's get back to discussing what kind of options frankie was referring to, and even blurting some genius sugestions that could have him dashing across the building screaming to stop the presses, pretty please
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea we joke a lot, you guys just gotta adapt to that. YOU DONT HAVE GOOD ADAPTION!
I'm going to need a squinting Leo Di Caprio to explain that one to me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HiredN00bs said:
I could say the same to you. If you can't see why holding the objective to massacre a lesser skilled team is douchey, then we're not going to be able to have a reasonable discussion.
It's fun which is why we do it, that's all it boils down to, we won't see eye to eye on this.

But we've only started doing it recently. It sucks for the opposing team but the game has a number of things that are poorly implemented. Didn't Bungie themselves say they had worked on a forfeit option of some sort? Shame it never came to fruition.
HiredN00bs said:
Boy, why can't these juniors learn their place?
Now, now I had the courtesy to call you members.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
That's because Reach knows when a host is shit faster and will change the host. They went over it in the Bungie Podcast around April 2010, where they were talking about how it was using 60% less bandwidth than Halo 3, and mentioned that Reach also knew when someone's hosting ability was not up to snuff faster, and was going to switch faster instead of making people suffer under redbar for a long time like Halo 3 and Halo 2.

re: why Firefight is the way it is, here's the words from the horse's mouth:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming...ous_rts_engines_and_a_tale_of_desyncs/c24ue3y

Having worked on networked games myself, it's pretty obvious why Bungie chose lockstep for Firefight. And most other developers have done the same for their campaign co-op modes.

Finally, Halo Reach does not have the worst framerate issues of Halo games. Drops are rare for me. Halo 1 still takes the cake for shit framerate, where you spent most of a Sidewinder match playing at 10 frames per second at best. Add on the fact that the game paused for up to 2-3 seconds whenever a lot of physics actions happened at once, and Halo 1 was pretty choppy game.

What do you want Bungie to do, drop the rendering resolution like CoD does to keep frames up? After the backlash over Halo 3 being 640p, why would they do that again?

It's not what you are saying man it's how you're saying it that's turning some people off.

You're both right. Part of the reason Reach runs the way it does is hardware limitations. However at the same time Bungie knew those limitations and could have scaled back in a few places to get it to run more smoothly.

One thing I've noticed is that the performance of Reach is very dependent on the model of 360 you have, the condition it's in, and how you play. I've seen people that it runs smoothly for overall and others that it chugs a lot. As much as I love Reach and Bungie they should have thought about it and pulled back just a bit on some of the effects. They could have taken some steps to ensure a smoother framerate. From what I've read some of this comes down to zooming and it affecting the details on items. I'm not a smart guy so I couldn't get technical. Anyway if they had maybe done that differently it wouldn't have put such a load on the framerate.

Anyway what's done is done. None of us can change what Reach is. 343 as Frankie said won't just go and "fix" reach. If they disagree with choices Bungie made then you will see them do things differently in their game. That's when changes will happen. That said I don't think I've really put my list of wishes like others have so here goes.

1. Bloom gone

2. Armor abilites gone

3. Rocket lock on only limited and for air vehicles only.

4. Multiplayer maps that are designed separately from campaign.

5. Some way to get into custom games. I don't care if it's just a random find me one or something.

6. Use the full player count. I want some 8 vs 8 team slayer. I want some 16 player rumble pit. Just fun stuff like that. You can still have the regular ones but put a few crazy playlists like that in please.

7. Customizable Spartans and Elites or whatever you have please. Maybe not make me have to grind out credits though. I hate that for just cosmetic shit.

8. Keep anything like that cosmetic only.

9. CHILL WITH THE SOFT KILL ZONES. Exploring the campaign levels is so fun and it gets annoying. The location of some of these are very odd to in both single and multi player. Take for example waterfront in firefight. In Overlook you can stand on top of the bridge over the creak. In Waterfront you can't. You get a return to battlefield warning. This makes no sense to allow you to in one map and not the other. It wouldn't hurt anything to allow you to in Waterfront.

10. Spartan laser gone.

Those are my wishes for a future Halo game. These are only my wishes. I'm sure some of them would be thought of as crazy. I know some of them are. But damn it they are fun crazy things. lol

Kujo

Seriously guys, why do people teabag? 95% of the time, I check the after game stats and the guy who did it went minus and I've got him 2-5x more than he's got me. Why teabag when you're doing shit? Unless it's like 'yeah man I finally got you after you got me 5 times before!'

ElRenoRaven

Mojo said:
Seriously guys, why do people teabag? 95% of the time, I check the after game stats and the guy who did it went minus and I've got him 2-5x more than he's got me. Why teabag when you're doing shit? Unless it's like 'yeah man I finally got you after you got me 5 times before!'

Because it pisses people off. I myself sometimes get pissed but I've slowly gotten to where I can ignore it for the most part. It's childish for sure.

feel

Mojo said:
Some do it when they're being destroyed in hopes of messing with their adversary's focus and make a comeback easier, it works sometimes. I personally usually only teabag people who do it to me first, or when I kill a guy going clearly for a Perfection in a 1v4 game.

Kujo

PsychoRaven said:
Because it pisses people off. I myself sometimes get pissed but I've slowly gotten to where I can ignore it for the most part. It's childish for sure.
Used to annoy me, but now I just kinda laugh, since I guess I've done enough for them to pay attention. The best ones are when they run to you and they get shot at while attempting it.

PsychoRaven said:
9. CHILL WITH THE SOFT KILL ZONES. Exploring the campaign levels is so fun and it gets annoying. The location of some of these are very odd to in both single and multi player. Take for example waterfront in firefight. In Overlook you can stand on top of the bridge over the creak. In Waterfront you can't. You get a return to battlefield warning. This makes no sense to allow you to in one map and not the other. It wouldn't hurt anything to allow you to in Waterfront.
I agree with this in campaign/firefight. So what if I want to stand atop a lightpost or something, so what? It's really inconsistant among levels. In FF it should just be the outer-rim of the level and that's it. I guess idlers could get on something high to not get hurt, but there's idlers anyway, so just let me have some fun

Yeah, the soft killzones really get to me in Reach. I dropped into this little nook between a rock and a wall in Overlook and got the return to battlefield message:

UbdrN.jpg

Which made me reflect on how imposing they are and how they're all over the place. I don't feel the freedom in the playspaces that I did in previous games, and it kills my desire to try new things in campaign/firefight, making it far more repetitive.

And for the record, fuck objective holding. That leads to some of the most miserable games imaginable and makes me hate how matchmaking is handled in Halo.

MrBig

Plywood said:
Thought: I wonder how replacing the Sword with Hammer would go on Countdown.
The reduction of lunge would be good, but the tight combat would mean an increase of multikills and betrayals.

I'm staving myself off from play the HCE campaign. I usually play it a few times a year but with CEA a few months away I want it to be fresh. I a little apprehensive about the art direction, but the reintroduction of classic maps is going to be the best part. Headlong and Waterworks better be the H2 remakes. If I wanted to play Lockout or Midship I can go play H3. And if I really wanted them in reach I could play forgemakes (though the ones in the Classic playlist are terrible). I only want maps that can't be respectfully remade in forge.

feel

Plywood said:
Thought: I wonder how replacing the Sword with Hammer would go on Countdown.
No glow around corner, multikills in one swing, unstoppable with sprint. Should be fun for a certain percentage of people in the match, do it.

FyreWulff

That's a clever use of the Haloball gametype's ability to seemingly delete objects. I tried making a Pac Man gametype out of it but it was bleh

Striker

MrBig said:
If I wanted to play Lockout or Midship I can go play H3. And if I really wanted them in reach I could play forgemakes (though the ones in the Classic playlist are terrible)
Sadly the one in current Classic is better than Blackout. Both are insults to Lockout, though.

senador

Banned
MrBig said:
The reduction of lunge would be good, but the tight combat would mean an increase of multikills and betrayals.

I'm staving myself off from play the HCE campaign. I usually play it a few times a year but with CEA a few months away I want it to be fresh. I a little apprehensive about the art direction, but the reintroduction of classic maps is going to be the best part. Headlong and Waterworks better be the H2 remakes. If I wanted to play Lockout or Midship I can go play H3. And if I really wanted them in reach I could play forgemakes (though the ones in the Classic playlist are terrible). I only want maps that can't be respectfully remade in forge.
Same. I'd like it to be fresh. I thought the new graphics we saw looked kinda weird but I am excited to toy with them anyhow. Most important part: widescreen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MrBig said:
True, it could get messy.
Letters said:
No glow around corner, multikills in one swing, unstoppable with sprint. Should be fun for a certain percentage of people in the match, do it.
Well I was thinking what it sacrifices in glow it makes up for in size and attention.

ElRenoRaven

Rickenslacker said:
Yeah, the soft killzones really get to me in Reach. I dropped into this little nook between a rock and a wall in Overlook and got the return to battlefield message:

UbdrN.jpg

Which made me reflect on how imposing they are and how they're all over the place. I don't feel the freedom in the playspaces that I did in previous games, and it kills my desire to try new things in campaign/firefight, making it far more repetitive.

And for the record, fuck objective holding. That leads to some of the most miserable games imaginable and makes me hate how matchmaking is handled in Halo.

Oh I've dropped in there. I love that you can stand on one silo but not the other in that level. Just another example. I'd take hard set invisible walls over the return to battlefield stuff. Those can always be gotten out of and you know where those are. In campaign a couple times when working on the outskirts of a map to kill things I'd go around one rock and nothing and then around another and RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD 10, 9,.....

It was so damn annoying.

Nutter

stephen08 said:
You're right, I should be more accepting when people extend a completely one-sided match up for their amusement at the expense of the other team and then brag about it to their internet friends.

If you don't want me to comment on this then you (as a group) probably shouldn't draw attention to it.

Yeah clearly you guys are so good at the game that you can beat down on a team of randoms or lesser skilled players until the time limit expires.

At least I am quickly figuring out who the tools are here. No surprise to see EazyB in company. What happened to Ramirez? Not on?
The only tool i see is you.

When Reach forces you to extend games to get maximum credits, you call the players douchy? And then you call out other players as well? Lol im sorry this is hilarious when people call out noob or fyre people blame others for your responses that you havnt been treated nicely here, and yet you can call specefic people being douchebags from looking at a game history. Nicely done. You have a high kd because you are the sniper right? Some people would call that douchy because instead of going for the objective you sit back and snipe; but please do remind me if we ever meet in obejective matchmaking to "hold" the objective as long as possible.

FyreWulff

You don't get maximum credits. If you spend 3 minutes quick capping a flag and then another game is a dragged out test of wills at 10 minutes and ends 3-2, you're going to end up with the same 'game length' credits as if you held the flag for 13 minutes in one game. In fact, you'll get more credits because you'll get two jackpots for the same amount of time played instead of one.

There is no excuse for flag holding except to be a douche and drive people away from ever wanting to play objective playlists because certain teams like to treat them as kill farms. You're not proving anything nor are you going to change anything with it. Every 360 game uses Trueskill and it's not going anywhere. If anyone can come up with a better matchmaking algorithm, MS would be at your door with wheelbarrows of cash and a job offer, because you came up with something their payrolled mathematicians couldn't think of.

Plus, from the games you linked before about gloating about doing it, you're doing it in playlists with loose TS restrictions. Search with Close Skill on in a playlist with stricter TS requirements and you'll get your longer games. Or stop playing objective if you hate it's cR payout so much because Bungie was smart and didn't link commendations to objectives so we didn't have to deal with people doing shit like betraying for flag/bomb.

Nutter

FyreWulff said:
You don't get maximum credits. If you spend 3 minutes quick capping a flag and then another game is a dragged out test of wills at 10 minutes and ends 3-2, you're going to end up with the same 'game length' credits as if you held the flag for 13 minutes in one game. In fact, you'll get more credits because you'll get two jackpots for the same amount of time played instead of one.

There is no excuse for flag holding except to be a douche and drive people away from ever wanting to play objective playlists because certain teams like to treat them as kill farms. You're not proving anything nor are you going to change anything with it. Every 360 game uses Trueskill and it's not going anywhere. If anyone can come up with a better matchmaking algorithm, MS would be at your door with wheelbarrows of cash and a job offer, because you came up with something their payrolled mathematicians couldn't think of.
You know what? I was sort of ok with you trying lay down some facts here and there, but honestly you seem to think everything you say is "fact". In fact next time I play im going to post me credits, one that ends in 2 minutes and one that ends in max time with "objective" holding. Ill post the results on GAF so everyone can see the problem with the credit system, not like we need to know.

Tawpgun

FyreWulff said:

Plus, from the games you linked before about gloating about doing it, you're doing it in playlists with loose TS restrictions. Search with Close Skill on in a playlist with stricter TS requirements and you'll get your longer games. Or stop playing objective if you hate it's cR payout so much.
How do you propose we get these issues exposed?

Bungie.net? Waypoint forums? This thread? People have mentioned these things before and nothing has been done.

If something is abused enough, it will get looked into.

That's how Armor Lock was nerfed.

senador

Banned
I wish you guys would just say "Yeah, we were messing around. We were kind of being jerks, and it was fun", and let's move on. Its funny that a few of you are saying you did it for the credits, which is lolz since for the longest time you've been saying credits are stupid, and its only for Spartan dressup. Then we have Tawpgun acting like you guys are the Halo Saviors exposing problems, yet also said you didn't coordinate it just happened. Don't act like you came in to show it had a problem, that would have been a different post completely. Instead it was "Halo Justice" or something. Just admit you did it for the internet lolz, its cool.

Cut the bullshit, just say it was fun, it is what it is and let's move on. That goes for both parties. Just stop.

Steelyuhas said:
I have yet to try it, but I really think that Tunavi's idea of Focus rifle replacing the sword and Grenade Launcher replacing the shotgun is a really good idea for Countdown.

I am "done" with the sword on Countdown, but the shotgun is fun. Maybe increase its spawn time instead? The grenade launcher would definitely be good times though with the proper spawn timer and clip amount.

MrBig said:
As little as I do care about credits, they are exposing a problem. The more exposure it gets, and the more it gets exploited means that there will only be a greater chance of it being fixed.

Maybe. But we are in an in between time and 343 won't make adjustments for a while. Bungie's style was different, and it was hard to get their attention. We don't know how 343 will respond to things we deem problems yet. Perhaps it'd be entirely better to go post on Waypoint about it. In the meantime, its just pissing people off and potentially pushing them away from Halo. Which is a bad thing if you think about it. They'll continue making Halos, but if numbers go down, they'll do even more to pull casuals in to get the sales. That's the opposite of what most here want.

Last post on the issue so I don't keep the discussion going.

MrBig

senador said:
I wish you guys would just say "Yeah, we were messing around. We were kind of being jerks, and it was fun", and let's move on. Its funny that a few of you are saying you did it for the credits, which is lolz since for the longest time you've been saying credits are stupid, and its only for Spartan dressup. Then we have Tawpgun acting like you guys are the Halo Saviors exposing problems, yet also said you didn't coordinate it just happened.

Cut the bullshit, just say it was fun, it is what it is and let's move on.

I am "done" with the sword on Countdown, but the shotgun is fun. Maybe increase its spawn time instead? The grenade launcher would definitely be good times though with the proper spawn timer and clip amount.
As little as I do care about credits, they are exposing a problem. The more exposure it gets, and the more it gets exploited means that there will only be a greater chance of it being fixed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
senador said:
Cut the bullshit, just say it was fun, it is what it is and let's move on. That goes for both parties. Just stop.
I did say it was fun.
MrBig said:
nuE2S.gif

senador said:

I'd agree the shotgun is "okay" on the map, but the sword really needs to get off that map, and quick.

FyreWulff

Nutter said:
You know what? I was sort of ok with you trying lay down some facts here and there, but honestly you seem to think everything you say is "fact". In fact next time I play im going to post me credits, one that ends in 2 minutes and one that ends in max time with "objective" holding. Ill post the results on GAF so everyone can see the problem with the credit system, not like we need to know.

I'm sorry for actually researching and learning about stuff I post instead of just wildly throwing things around and seeing what sticks to the wall.

Bungie.net? Waypoint forums? This thread? People have mentioned these things before and nothing has been done.

Waypoint forums would be the main place for feedback now. Bungie.net is about to have a forum rapture.

I have zero idea if a win bonus is possible in retail, since we haven't seen Bungie use it. So far, we know they can:

- Adjust payouts per gametype (Gruntpoc payout nerf near launch)
- Grant random jackpots to all players in a game (normal jackpot, the 3000cR one)
- Grant per-person jackpots (Super Jackpots)
- Set whether a Jackpot counts against the cap or not
- Set the range in which a Jackpot falls in (ie Bungie Day had it set to 777)
- Set the frequency of Jackpots on a per-playlist level (Bungie Day, SJW)
- Give you a cR bonus for playing on a DLC map (confirmed by Jeremiah and is in effect in MM)

We know they cannot:

- Change or cap the payout for Game Complete (it's the main reason they won't do endless ODST style firefight as confirmed to the CCs)
- Do a "VIP gets a bonus" (Megalo does not have access to the cR payout system)

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

What do you mean, 'exposed'? You rolled with a highly skilled full party and then spawn trapped the other team for the duration of the game. Is this supposed to be some sort of revelation, ZOMG good teams can spawn trap randoms? This has been an issue since Halo 2.

If you were hoping to illustrate the problem, you'd do so by pointing out in detail the problems the spawn set up represents. We were here, they spawned here, over and over. Please fix. Or, you'd test it in a custom game (the ideal place to experiment and prove such points). We just got through hundreds of posts in which people were arguing about how 'hardcore' players, the forum posters, are the ones that give the most valuable feedback and how Bungie should listen to them. And the valuable feedback you provided after that game was:

A27 Tawpgun said:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=704970641&player=Tawpgun

Halo Justice.

Between the results of the game and the manner in which you presented it, it doesn't look like you were trying to "get these issues exposed". It looks like you were in a party with good players, got matched up against a poor team in an objective game, and killed the fuck out of them because it was fun.

Post the game and describe the issue in detail to the guys on Waypoint (or here, since many of the 343 folks post here) if you really do want it fixed.

Tawpgun

senador said:
I wish you guys would just say "Yeah, we were messing around. We were kind of being jerks, and it was fun", and let's move on. Its funny that a few of you are saying you did it for the credits, which is lolz since for the longest time you've been saying credits are stupid, and its only for Spartan dressup. Then we have Tawpgun acting like you guys are the Halo Saviors exposing problems, yet also said you didn't coordinate it just happened.

Cut the bullshit, just say it was fun, it is what it is and let's move on.
Fair enough. I kind of pushed the exposing shit a bit much.

If you want my most honest confession, it was fun and we wanted to see if we could get an unfrigginbelievable. But that's not saying it didn't have SOME noble intention. The main reason I posted it was to expose the bullshit. Not to brag.

That's the tru7h.

ElRenoRaven

A27 Tawpgun said:
Fair enough. I kind of pushed the exposing shit a bit much.

If you want my most honest confession, it was fun and we wanted to see if we could get an unfrigginbelievable. But that's not saying it didn't have SOME noble intention. The main reason I posted it was to expose the bullshit. Not to brag.

That's the tru7h.

Dude I have no dog in this fight but even I'm going to call bullshit. You're almost there. You were honest until you still tried to insist that again part of it was to "expose the bullshit".

Nutter

FyreWulff said:
I'm sorry for actually researching and learning about stuff I post instead of just wildly throwing things around and seeing what sticks to the wall.
What makes your "facts" any more factual than the REST of the community's facts? because you are Halo Vet? or that you are a programmer? There are other people who are Halo Vet's and also Programmers at the same time in this thread and other parts of the Halo Community. I don't see them telling others how their facts are set in stone.

PsychoRaven said:
Dude I have no dog in this fight but even I'm going to call bullshit. You're almost there. You were honest until you still tried to insist that again part of it was to "expose the bullshit".
I played 1 game like that, and ill answer.. I loved playing that game. I went +50 something and enjoyed it.

In all seriousness what did you want him to say? What I said?
I remember in Halo 2, I went +70 in an Neutral Bomb game on Sanctuary, without trying to go for kills. I was in FACT trying to move up the bomb because the 7 other people I was playing with were the most incompetent players I had come across back then. There were 4 others opposing team players who killed me a total of 4 times that game. "4" and I killed them 74 times just so that I may score my objective, because my team mates were running around getting killed. This is why "RANK" is important, not credits. Credits for completion forces you to maximize your stay in a said game. Same reason why people will hide in Firefight. Its a broken system. If Bungie gave out credits to people who DID finish their objective fast, it wouldnt even be a problem. I said this before if people were to abuse that then ban them.

J10

Banned
Nutter said:
When Reach forces you to extend games to get maximum credits

Reach doesn't force you to do anything. That's a conscious decision you've made all on your own. Get your imaginary money by any means necessary so you can dress up your virtual doll in virtual clothing, even if it comes at the expense of someone else's fun? How is this cool?

HiredN00bs said:
Well, I caught up with the thread, and all I have to say to objective holders is...douchebag, douchebag, douchebag, douchebag, douchebag, douchebag.
gFnFM.gif

senador said:
I wish you guys would just say "Yeah, we were messing around. We were kind of being jerks, and it was fun", and let's move on.
You got it big guy. I can only speak for myself, but that is exactly how I feel about it. I'm not going to try to justify anything. But are we bad people? No, we were just messing around on the rare occasion. Hate us if you like, I'm sure it will make little difference to most of us.

Where's that HaloGAF civil war gif when you need it?

Nutter

J10 said:
Reach doesn't force you to do anything. That's a conscious decision you've made all on your own. Get your imaginary money by any means necessary so you can dress up your virtual doll in virtual clothing, even if it comes at the expense of someone else's fun? How is this cool?

Funny, my spartan has been the same since November. If I spend less than 2 minutes on average in a game by going after the objective and spend 2+ searching and staring a game, then yes I will try to extend that game. And FUN is subjective. In any Online game, someone's FUN DOES indeed come at the expense of others. When you are having fun in a game you are essentially taking away from the fun from others because they might be losing. And as for reverse engineering stuff.. sigh.. if you really are a programmer you should know things change and techniques change. Things that were built using some tech years ago are much easier to do now and w/e. I do not need to keep going down this route. Keep up with your facts.

p.s Getting 1000 credits for finishing a game at my level sucks.

Tawpgun

PsychoRaven said:
Nonnonono.

Ok. Try and understand this.

When we saw Mutliflag on Tempest we knew it was exploitable and apparently EazyB almost got an Unfrigginbelievable last time and we wanted to see if anyone could get one again.

That was the reasoning behind voting for Multiflag Tempest. Because we KNEW the map was broken.

So then we donged.

And I posted it on GAF so everyone could see the bullshit and how broken things are.

Do you understand now?

GhaleonEB said:
What do you mean, 'exposed'? You rolled with a highly skilled full party and then spawn trapped the other team for the duration of the game. Is this supposed to be some sort of revelation, ZOMG good teams can spawn trap randoms? This has been an issue since Halo 2.

If you were hoping to illustrate the problem, you'd do so by pointing out in detail the problems the spawn set up represents. We were here, they spawned here, over and over. Please fix. Or, you'd test it in a custom game (the ideal place to experiment and prove such points). We just got through hundreds of posts in which people were arguing about how 'hardcore' players, the forum posters, are the ones that give the most valuable feedback and how Bungie should listen to them. And the valuable feedback you provided after that game was:

Between the results of the game and the manner in which you presented it, it doesn't look like you were trying to "get these issues exposed". It looks like you were in a party with good players, got matched up against a poor team in an objective game, and killed the fuck out of them because it was fun.

Post the game and describe the issue in detail to the guys on Waypoint (or here, since many of the 343 folks post here) if you really do want it fixed.

I actually did explain what we did in one post. Too lazy to find it, but here's the basics.

Eazy B parks hog in back. Gets on turret. We had 1 or 2 people near their turret at the front of their base. Everyone else was around and in their base. I was ON TOP of their flag. They would literally spawn in the same 2 spots. And got mowed down every time.

The other game we played against better people, and as long as we controlled the front of their base they couldn't escape. I might make a post on Waypoint about it later.

If I did it, 343 will be able to do it. Pure logic...
What do you guys think? this could solve most problems with the sandbox on a future halo game, we could have infinite possibilities.
If MLG wants their br back they can have it.

Configurararmas.jpg

In my opinion this is a must for the next Halo.
I did this assuming there won't be bloom in Halo 4 and all weapons will have a fixed rate of fire.

DO IT FRANKIE! <3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Actually on the flag holding shenanigans, the fact of the matter is that it is definitely poor sportsmanship. Those doing it should at least admit that to themselves. The experience for the other team will ultimately reduce the population and variety of players available to everyone else. And objective games in theory, should be the MOST sportsmanlike.

Top Bottom