• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

I'm wondering something, though: if Halo 2 contained all of that initially, what would Halo 3 have? Everything after The Covenant? So, Cortana and Halo... wait. Cortana was also in Halo 2. :lol

Zee-V70 said:
I'm wondering something, though: if Halo 2 contained all of that initially, what would Halo 3 have? Everything after The Covenant? So, Cortana and Halo... wait. Cortana was also in Halo 2. :lol

I don't know, I was asking the same things in our discussion in customs.

The most likely answer is that they didn't consider Halo 3 at all when they originally wrote the script for Halo 2. Jones and Staten probably just said lets write the most epic and ambitious game we can were and worry about a sequel when we get there.

GhaleonEB

Zee-V70 said:
We know of two missions cut from Halo 3, Guardian Forest, and the full Cortana mission. There were probably others; the scope of the game would have been adjusted to accommodate.

Havok

Zee-V70 said:
It would have probably been unrecognizable from what we know Halo 3 to be, even if a third game was a twinkle in anyone's eye at the time. Imagine a world without the story-related backlash from Halo 2 that caused the Halo 3 oversimplification and neutering of the Arbiter. Ultimately the expanded universe elements that Halo 3 introduced were worth it, but man. What could have been is really fascinating. To think, we wouldn't have ended up with a crappy version of the Prophet of Truth!

In the end, I'm almost glad that the pseudo-Cortana got cut, though. Halo 2 Flood were not fun to fight, although not as bad as the wall-crawlers. Halo 2's High Charity (the level) was one of the worst of the bunch, and more of that couldn't have been a good idea.
senador said:
<3 I need those.
Of course! If you need them, I can put up the Oddball and Flag variants as well for the other two achievements. I didn't before just because they're a bit easier to find in matchmaking.

What the hell throw this one in there for me.
5f90188c.jpg

Or if we want the TJ group pic

1106576a.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
We know of two missions cut from Halo 3, Guardian Forest, and the full Cortana mission. There were probably others; the scope of the game would have been adjusted to accommodate.

I feel like the Forest level would have been absolutely amazing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
^^ If it looked anything like Guardian, I agree.
GhaleonEB said:
There was more Cortana poop level? Jeez.

Thanks for posting that FyreWulff. I really enjoyed all of the discussion during tonight's customs. We really need a Halo Story Gaf thread.

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:
There was more Cortana poop level? Jeez.

IIRC, the Cortana mission we played was intended to be what was inside the crashed ship at the end of Floodgate. There was to be a massive mission inside High Charity, but that was cut, and most of the Floodgate cruiser section moved into its own mission.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GhaleonEB said:
IIRC, the Cortana mission we played was intended to be what was inside the crashed ship at the end of Floodgate. There was to be a massive mission inside High Charity, but that was cut, and most of the Floodgate cruiser section moved into its own mission.
Oh, okay then.

feel

Hypertrooper said:
Anyone knows, when the NeoGAF EU T-shirt shop will be online?
EviLore on 8/5/11 said:
Spoke with a Spreadshirt rep. EU store is going to take a few more days to get set up, and the design cloning is going to have to be done manually apparently, but they're going to take care of it.

They're quite excited by the whole project and shocked at the volume of orders, and the Spreadshirt employees are following what's going on and really dig all the NeoGAF designs, which they see as each shirt is printed.
should be up very soon

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
http://i.imgur.com/HK3pF.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
Awesome.
[QUOTE=Tunavi]customs were fun until starwolf and duncan shit on everyone[/QUOTE]
That Coag map was fun, but yeah your team got torn up with the constant barrage of vehicles.

senador

Banned
My wife and I have been watching Ancient Aliens which we find fascinating. She fell asleep early on and I finished a 1.5 hour episode on my own. Whether its real or not, I now feel a bit freaked out and won't be able to sleep. Getting on.

Devo? Tunavi? Anyone?

V Lol

senador said:
My wife and I have been watching Ancient Aliens which we find fascinating. She fell asleep early on and I finished a 1.5 hour episode on my own. Whether its real or not, I now feel a bit freaked out and won't be able to sleep. Getting on.

Devo? Tunavi? Anyone?

V Lol

Gettin' on if you are.

Here I am HaloGAF, just like I promised. Myspace style pic and everything. Even threw on the Noble Team shirt for you guys.

987fX.jpg

Holy shit my mirror is dirty.

And my shirt is wrinkly.

And I think I'm the only Asian person here (albeit, half Asian).

FyreWulff

Even though I was accidentally an elite for that one game, I really didn't feel that I had much of an advantage health-wise under the classic settings.

Well, except for my walking speed. Bumping up the speed like that really gives Elites the speed advantage there (which is also why I avoided picking up the objective, as I felt it'd be unfair to exploit the speed advantage until the game could end and I could change my model)

Maybe for the TU we'll get a setting where Elites and Humans get set to the same characteristics.

I thought you guys would be rolling with the MM variants though because of the OS effect and the actual-classic Camo powerup effect from the latest MM version, which is why I didn't change to Spartan in the pregame lobby :p

I think there was one point where I spawned and caught up and overtook Starwolf before he could get to the other side of the map :lol

Barrow Roll said:
Thank you nice lady. I'm gonna cook and eat dinner, eat ice cream then hop online. Should be on in like 15-20 minutes.

01087CF.jpg

FyreWulff said:
Even though I was accidentally an elite for that one game, I really didn't feel that I had much of an advantage health-wise under the classic settings.

Well, except for my walking speed. Bumping up the speed like that really gives Elites the speed advantage there (which is also why I avoided picking up the objective, as I felt it'd be unfair to exploit the speed advantage until the game could end and I could change my model)

Maybe for the TU we'll get a setting where Elites and Humans get set to the same characteristics.

I thought you guys would be rolling with the MM variants though because of the OS effect and the actual-classic Camo powerup effect from the latest MM version, which is why I didn't change to Spartan in the pregame lobby :p

I think there was one point where I spawned and caught up and overtook Starwolf before he could get to the other side of the map :lol

Yeah no big deal. That game was doomed from the start because we were playing Assault with 5 seconds respawn times lolz.

I always try to save the latest MM gametypes, so if anyone ever needs one, feel free to ask, I probably have it. Also, there's the site for it, you you could just do that as well....

Speaking of Spartan and Elite characteristics, I'm hoping that there is a setting post-TU where you can force characteristics for Spartans and Elites. A common use for this would be that you could force Spartans green and Elites purple for Invasion.
I know I'm still bitter about green v purple in the beta lol

Easy Mac can suck my d*** in H***.

For Kraft to release that putrid bowl of limp noodles and cheese powder and call it macaroni and cheese should be an offense punishable by law.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Easy Mac can suck my d*** in H***.

For Kraft to release that putrid bowl of limp noodles and cheese powder and call it macaroni and cheese should be an offense punishable by law.
It ain't easy...

Being cheesy.

You can boo me off the stage now.

Top Bottom