• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Sai-kun

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
Status updates.

This place really has become Facebook.

we should all add each other on Facebook.

I'm already friends with a couple of y'all. It's cool shit. Quote dis for my FB, and add me if you want.

Sai-kun said:
I'm already friends with a couple of y'all. It's cool shit. Quote dis for my FB, and add me if you want.

Same here. Quote for my FB link. :^)

Letters said:
Being part of the "show your face" movement aimed at raising the friendliness and respect among the members of the community to the improve the quality of the discussions ahead is as far as I'm going... friending people here on FB is waaay too much for me
I share just as much with HaloGAF as I do Facebook or Twitter, so I don't mind.

feel

Being part of the "show your face" movement aimed at raising the friendliness and respect among the members of the community in order to improve the quality of the discussions ahead is as far as I'm going... friending people here on FB is waaay too much for me

Plywood said:
Say the letters F & B together.

FOOB

FBUH

FIBH
Never heard of this lingo. But sure, I'll send you my "foob."

Devolution said:
Sent. If anyone else wants it just ask. But I don't promise I'll give it ;P.
Send it mah way.

Sai-kun said:

Hitmonchan107 said:
Same here. Quote for my FB link. :^)

Will add.

If anyone wants mine, just ask. But tell me your GAF tag when you send the FR.

Letters said:
Being part of the "show your face" movement aimed at raising the friendliness and respect among the members of the community in order to improve the quality of the discussions ahead is as far as I'm going... friending people here on FB is waaay too much for me
I don't really see anything wrong with it. Most of HaloGAF seem like pretty decent people and what better way of upgrading from "internet friends" to "actual friends."

I mean, these are the people I spend hours playing Halo with almost every night. I spend more time with some of the folks here than the vast majority of my FB friend list.

I can totally see why some people would be uncomfortable with it though.

Nutter

Here you go letter's.

t9v6rk.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Letters said:

Eh, I don't share anything on my FB that I wouldn't share on twitter or with y'all if we were talking in game or something, so I don't have too much of a prob adding 'randoms' ;p

senador

Banned
343 please match guests with guests only please, and make trueskill actually work while you are at it.

Everyone on my roster was partied up tonight so I decided to play alone. That was a terrible idea. I went into Squad then looked at my laptop. I heard laughing so I looked up and saw a party of 4 and a random matched against me and a Corporal with 3 guests. They were commenting on how jacked it was and that I was probably pissed. I stayed to see how it would play out, but I should have just Dashboarded right when I looked up. The main guy has played 10 games and has a .51 K/D. I don't get it, I really don't. I am so disgusted right now, and I just keep shaking my head.

Screen%20Shot%202011-08-08%20at%201.09.08%20AM.png

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=744739921&player=SenadorKooch

I suppose if I play alone I should avoid Squad, but the other options aren't great either. You really just can't play alone. :(

feel

Barrow Roll said:
I don't really see anything wrong with it. Most of HaloGAF seem like pretty decent people and what better way of upgrading from "internet friends" to "actual friends."

I mean, these are the people I spend hours playing Halo with almost every night. I spend more time with some of the folks here than the vast majority of my FB friend list.

I can totally see why some people would be uncomfortable with it though.
I'm a blow dealing kingpin billionaire here in southamerica. Ask leonfaria04 if you don't believe me, he owns a chain of hotels and malls here down south and does business with me often. Just because I like Halo doesn't mean I want you nerds seeing pictures of me sniffing lines out of the bodies of stunning looking latin women the night before.

edit- and I didn't make it clear on the post before this one but I was just talking about just me personally, wasn't saying that others shouldn't do it. Actually, that post of mine was pretty unnecessary tbqh.

Unrelated:

Shouldn't Tashi be back by now??

wwm0nkey

Ok the Mini-games I have are

Speed/NASCAR
Smash Ball
Jump Rope
Cat n' Mouse (only if we have a large amount of people)
Toy Factory
Spot Light
Rent-a-Car
BattleShip
and a few infection/invasion maps

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't use Facebook for gaming stuff, but I'd really love some more HaloGAF people on Google+. I post about Halo pretty often.

Sorry about your immensely crappy game, Senador. I saw you online and was gonna invite you, but my buddy who just moved to Japan was playing with me, and we were caught up with chatting and donging.

^^ I'd be down for some cat and mouse! It looks really fun, and I wanna give it a go.

Lingitiz

wwm0nkey said:
You know what screw it

*quote for FB page*

:mad:

On a Halo related topic, who here is up for some mini-game customs tomorrow?
I'm up for some mini games tomorrow. Been wanting to check out the nascar gametype.

Blinding

Devolution said:

Eazy gettin' me all hot and bothered takin' objective holding literally.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten more kills with the flag in a single game before, this was just the first one in my game history. I was going to post about this earlier when the objective holding discussion was going on, but it slipped my mind and then the discussion went elsewhere, so I guess I'll just ask now:

Is it still a terrible thing to objective hold even if you are using it as a weapon and giving the other team a chance to kill you?

Ramirez

Blinding said:

I'm pretty sure I've gotten more kills with the flag in a single game before, this was just the first one in my game history. I was going to post about this earlier when the objective holding discussion was going on, but it slipped my mind and then the discussion went elsewhere, so I guess I'll just ask now:

Is it still a terrible thing to objective hold even if you are using it as a weapon and giving the other team a chance to kill you?

So, does this mean you're for, or against? /Dyack

Blinding

Ramirez said:

I think it depends on what kind of mood I'm in while I'm playing. If the game is utterly boring and I want to kinda turn that around, then I'll try to get as many kills as I can with whatever, but then again I also do that when the kids on the other team are absolutely terrible and I feel like being a dick, so I'm not necessarily for or against it, I just do it to make things more enjoyable and entertaining for me.

Blinding said:

Yes it is a terrible thing, finish the game, move on. Griefing on people just because you're better isn't really on. You wouldn't like it if someone did it to you, so don't do it to others.

Ramirez said:
=( Why's there no reciprocity on GAF for talking shit about my system exclusive game that has continued to look poor for years?
You can't silence meeeeee!!!111 Too Human fo' eva! /Dyack

Gui_PT said:
I cannot understand how Americans eat undercooked meat like that
Don't you go talkin' shit about rare steak. Global wonder.
Not for everyone. I however love it. Also, not undercooked. Cooked to perfection.

king picollo said:
Yes it is a terrible thing, finish the game, move on. Griefing on people just because you're better isn't really on. You wouldn't like it if someone did it to you, so don't do it to others.

Victory laps are totally cool though. :p

Keep in trend with the whole pic thing, here's a recent one of me and my gorgeous little girl:

26890_379916585834_507275834_3910805_6089939_n.jpg

This is me at the weekends:

166310_497536450834_507275834_6173357_11411_n.jpg

Blinding

king picollo said:
You wouldn't like it if someone did it to you, so don't do it to others.

If it happened to me, I would think that the other team is being dicks, quit out, and start up another match. What's preventing others from doing the same?

Blinding said:
If it happened to me, I would think that the other team is being dicks, quit out, and start up another match. What's preventing others from doing the same?
That's a fairly poor argument in any situation bub.

Gui_PT

Gabotron ES said:
I cannot understand how portuguese can cook cod in more than 300 different ways, wtf guys?

That's all we have here. We need to cook it in a different way everyday, for the 365 days of the year

Blinding said:
CREDITS MAN. Why else do people play this game?

Gui_PT said:
I cannot understand how Americans eat undercooked meat like that
It's not an American thing, it's a good taste thing. Rare or medium-rare is the best way to eat a steak.

Falt

Blinding said:

Bah!

Barrow Roll said:
It's not an American thing, it's a good taste thing. Rare or medium-rare is the best way to eat a steak.

Anything else and you might as well order the burger.

Blinding

Zeouterlimits said:
That's a fairly poor argument in any situation bub.

Eh, I haven't gone to bed yet, but the point still stands: what's preventing players from quitting when being griefed (not just by objective holders?)

On top of that, most of the time when I do rack up 20+ kills with whatever objective, it's because TrueSkill didn't do its job. If TrueSkill actually did its job on a consistent basis, I think that objective holding would be a smaller of a problem then it currently is.

Barrow Roll said:
CREDITS MAN. Why else do people play this game?

Welp, looks like the credit system is broken.

Woohoo! The objective holding war has started back up!
Blinding said:
I think it depends on what kind of mood I'm in while I'm playing. If the game is utterly boring and I want to kinda turn that around, then I'll try to get as many kills as I can with whatever, but then again I also do that when the kids on the other team are absolutely terrible and I feel like being a dick, so I'm not necessarily for or against it, I just do it to make things more enjoyable and entertaining for me.
Blinding said:
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. The people that do it even know they're being dicks, and they do it anyway. So I think we've come up with the following definition: Objective holding = I'm a dick. Deal with it.

I'm not a fan of that. It's basically just a form of griefing under the pretense that it's "fun."
lame
What ever happened to good sportsmanship?

Sikamikanico said:

What a handsome chap the guy on the left is, he looks like a really nice guy.

Blinding said:

Quitting isn't an option, playing to make people quit is equally low.

I don't quit, i don't expect others to quit.

You're not playing within the spirit the game is intended, that's the bottom line.

Deputy Moonman said:
Woohoo! The objective holding war has started back up!
Smh.

We were doing so good too. Welp, time for another hair brained social networking scheme to bring temporary peace.

HaloGAF Tumblrs?

Blinding

king picollo said:
Quitting isn't an option, playing to make people quit is equally low.

I don't quit, i don't expect others to quit.

You're not playing within the spirit the game is intended, that's the bottom line.

I don't play to make people quit, I play to have fun, and yeah, sometimes being a dick is fun. My point was, if it's so terrible, then why not quit out? No one is forced to stay in a game where griefing is happening, yet people do and then complain about it as if they were. I mean, I don't load up Classic, vote for CTF every time, and run around maps beating people down with the flag every game, no, I go in, usually with friends, and every once in a while we'll get matched up with kids that are so heavily outskilled and instead of doing our routine "gameplan," we just dick around. I've played games where my whole team has done nothing but melee'd, and games where I've gone all out, and it's always resulted with us winning, most of the time by a huge margin, but the people on the other teams typically don't quit out, and if they're not having fun, then why do they decide to stay in the game?

I mean, griefing is bad, yes, I think we can all agree on that, but why continue to be griefed when you have the option of leaving?

Edit: And I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, or bring the "war" back up, I'm just trying to get a discussion going, because this is something that interests me.

Why not quit?
Because
a) You just shouldn't have to, just to allow dicks, as you call them, to have their fun on the side
b) Players are punished for quitting (as they should be), the people being ... abused (perhaps too strong a word, but it's closest for what it is) least of all deserve this
c) It leaves the rest of your team weaker (poor sportsmanship)

Top Bottom