• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Yeah, what did ever happen to that map? I was figuring it'd be one of the first non-shipping Forge World maps to pop up in matchmaking.

MrBig

Zee-V70 said:
Yeah, what did ever happen to that map? I was figuring it'd be one of the first non-shipping Forge World maps to pop up in matchmaking.
Whatever community map integration process it was built for got canned.

Karl2177

ncsuDuncan said:
Great read again, Duncan. Great site , I might add, but I only have one issue and it's the same issue I have with HBO: All links make the page go forward instead of opening a new tab.

As for urk's map, I still want a DL link even if it's not in MM or anything.

Sai-kun

Banned
ugh it's sideways how did i fail this hard

anyways i look like shit and so so terrible right now but i took this before i went out tonight

62sc2i

edit: adding zerofire to my list

Nice writeup Duncan.

When I read Staten's quote, the thing that keeps popping into my head is that players' choices both individually and as factions and their outcomes will actually change the world(s) and the course of their futures, which to me sounds incredibly cool.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sai-kun said:

anyways i look like shit and so so terrible right now but i took this before i went out tonight

http://twitpic.com/show/large/62sc2i[/img]
how did that get there

you are not good with computers

Sai-kun

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Also could have just held the phone vertically instead of horizontally lol.

I think the gyrosensor or whatever in my phone fucked up or something while i took the pic, and I just didn't realize at first. #ohwell

feel

@sai
double click home button, scroll all the way to the left and unlock the rotation
if it's already unlock, it was just the gyro being weird during that one photo

Sai-kun

Banned
Letters said:
@sai
double click home button, scroll all the way to the left and unlock the rotation
if it's already unlock, it was just the gyro being weird during that one photo

Oh, it takes sideways photos fine with the rotation being locked, but my phone's been screwing up a lot lately, so the camera can be a bit slow to recognize that it's being tilted

Sai-kun said:

edit: adding zerofire to my list
wait friends list or other kind of list?

Sai-kun said:

http://twitpic.com/show/large/62sc2i[img]

edit: adding zerofire to my list[/QUOTE]
Wrinkly shirt GAF unite.

Holy crap, New Alexandria almost had a Joust easter egg.

Dan Miller on HBO:

On top of that, I (along with The Package) put more Easter Eggs in those levels than I've ever done. I only had to cut one easter egg- I actually got an ode to the game "Joust" complete with four rideable Moa, Jetpack and Swords. Unfortunately, the rideable Moa came in too hot and didn't make re-entry.​

I love reading about this stuff.

Also, I found this quote interesting. Probably nothing, but still:
: I was a mission designer on Halo, I am a designer at Bungie.

I should've rephrased this:

I was a mission designer for Halo 3, ODST and Reach.

We no longer have 'mission designers' at Bungie- so I am not that anymore.​

GhaleonEB

So. I hate 1-Flag CTF on Boneyard. The setup is terrible (it should go from the middle of the cruiser down to the core room), and the vehicle/weapon mix absurdly over the top (tank needs to go). I've never had anything but misery on it.

Until tonight, when I had an actual semi-fun game. I got matched up against a team with four guys from one clan, so I assumed we'd get rocked. Not so, we held our own. We start on offense, which was the lone score of the game. Click the picture for how that went, starting with the first flag touch (there were 13, I think - I lost count near the end).

I make many cameos, including as the dude who leaps for the flag, gets a touch, instantly assassinated, dual teabagged, and then watches one of the teabaggers get pasted by a Ghost (landing Revenge a moment later was a tasty treat).

I haven't had one of those huge, slow-walking flag crawls of mass death in a long while. It was fun (partly because the tank was out of commission early, I DMRd it to death). The tank makes a return at the very end, landing a triple kill, and if we hadn't capped it just then it would have sat there and prevented one. (Tank shouldn't be on the map, much less set to respawn.)

At the bottom of the second round they manage a rush that gets the flag into a very beaten up Warthog and they take off with <20 second left. I think they might have pulled off the tie when this dude saves the day.

reach_22074962_Full.jpg

Which gave me a moment in the film to appreciate how awesome Reach's explosions are. It's one of the things Reach unquestionably does well; things blow up real good.

reach_22074963_Full.jpg

Anyways. Please take all non-DLC maps out of Premium Battle, and fix 1-Flag CTF on Boneyard. It took a whole lot of misery to find one entertaining game.

Hitmonchan107 said:
HaloGAF: 2012 Swimsuit Calendar

This is the way the world ends: not with a bang but a splash.

tTPoi.jpg

Oh lord the whites!

ncsuDuncan said:
Also, I found this quote interesting. Probably nothing, but still:
: I was a mission designer on Halo, I am a designer at Bungie.

I should've rephrased this:

I was a mission designer for Halo 3, ODST and Reach.

We no longer have 'mission designers' at Bungie- so I am not that anymore.

Hmmm, maybe I'm just being hopeful, but my guess may not be that far off. There are no mission designers because the actions of the players shape the world.

Destiny is going to be huge, no matter what kind of game it is. I am absolutely sure of this. Bungie isn't the kind of game studio that has the ability to disappoint. It just isn't possible for them.

senador

Banned
Nice article Duncan. You have a great eye for catching detail. I can't wait to see how close your ideas and thoughts are to the real thing.

My favorite part:
dead_orbit.jpg

LOL @ Urk

Devolution said:
Baked some cookies. Eating one now. Feels good brah, especially after an almost-migraine.
Status updates.

This place really has become Facebook.

we should all add each other on Facebook.

feel

Im_So_Pringles said:
Destiny is going to be huge, no matter what kind of game it is. I am absolutely sure of this. Bungie isn't the kind of game studio that has the ability to disappoint. It just isn't possible for them.
Exciting times ahead.

This part nailed it:
"This final shot shows Jason Jones standing in front of the Destiny Star Map with what I think are the words “of home” at the bottom of the slide.
Nothing shocking here, but it certainly is a comforting image to fans of the studio."

kaskno.jpg

Top Bottom