• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Plywood said:
New message, Tashi returns tomorrow live @ 4 pm EST.
To celebrate Tashi's impending return, here's an animated gif of someone who couldn't kill any of you in last weekend's gaf customs, pooping on Roy (while taking fire from Pistola too).

j9aln6.jpg

Gotta love bloom and how my very first shot after he dropped shields goes straight to his face in the edge of a fully expanded reticule. Random luck? No, skill. In the last few frames you can notice how pistola got frustrated after missing so many one-shots and just sits there confused waiting for his bloom to settle lawl.

v no idea, I can't ever remember the names of any of these forge world maps

Tawpgun

Sean P. said:
I was reading the halofest press release and :

wot
My video got 3rd in votes. I'll find out on the 11th if I made it to the top 5. I think I have a good chance. Then all you paxers need to tell me if I won and how hard they butchered my name if they do announce it/if I won.

IGN will give tickets to the top 5 videos so if I get them there is a VERY small chance I might go to Pax. Of they pay for airfare at least I would totally go.

Letters said:
Thanks I really appreciate that. It's not too important and I don't want you to go out of your way for it, but grab it for me if you come across it by chance

2u8iivo.jpg
I stayed in the main menu for half an hour listening to the music before playing the demo. I might pick up a copy of my own, too.

A27 Tawpgun said:
My video got 3rd in votes. I'll find out on the 11th if I made it to the top 5. I think I have a good chance. Then all you paxers need to tell me if I won and how hard they butchered my name if they do announce it/if I won.

IGN will give tickets to the top 5 videos so if I get them there is a VERY small chance I might go to Pax. Of they pay for airfare at least I would totally go.
I'm not exactly rolling in the dough right now, but I'd be willing to pitch in some money for airfare/hotel if that means you'd get to go.

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:
I stayed in the main menu for half an hour listening to the music before playing the demo. I might pick up a copy of my own, too.

I'm not exactly rolling in the dough right now, but I'd be willing to pitch in some money for airfare/hotel if that means you'd get to go.
1. Bastion OST is awesome. Downloaded it.

2. We'll see what happens. I appreciate the offer though.

Well I will be sleeping with my PAX three day and HaloFest badges under my pillow in the hopes that the Halo fairy will knock me unconscious until Thursday the 25th.

GhaleonEB

For the love of all that is holy and good in life, please remove BTB snipers on Boneyard from the face of this earth. 0_o

Most of the spawns are out in the open, down on the ground.

In light of the pax passes being mailed out, I figured I would give one more public plea... I could REALLY use a Saturday pass, if anyone has any idea how I might get one let me know. I would really appreciate it.

J-Roderton

GhaleonEB said:
For the love of all that is holy and good in life, please remove BTB snipers on Boneyard from the face of this earth. 0_o

I would take that any day over BTB snipes on Spire (which is still fucking terrible). BTB snipers is bad anyway, and I play regular snipers too. Why do they do this to us?

PNut

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

Boneyard was such a wasted map to begin with. Invasion is the only thing that halfway works on it and even that's questionable.

darthbob

Does the Halo Fest badge only come with a 3 day?

It came with mine and my friend's 3 day, just wondering for people with day passes.

GhaleonEB

darthbob said:
Does the Halo Fest badge only come with a 3 day?

It came with mine and my friend's 3 day, just wondering for people with day passes.
The pass specifies that both passes are needed to get into HaloFest. For that reason, I think they set it up so that every PAX pass - even one day - comes with a HaloFest pass. But if you try to get into HaloFest on Saturday with a Friday pass, nada. (You have to pass the PAX entrance to get into the building that houses HaloFest.)

FyreWulff

Seems kind of a waste of plastic to mail out a HaloFest pass then. You need both to get in, so there's no point in anyone giving a HaloFest pass away.. because they'll need a PAX pass to get in anyway.

Ramirez

Is Halo Fest in a different building or something? Seems kind of silly to require a pass to get in if it's in the same building...

Sordid

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Nope, although I haven't posted very much. Most of my posts have actually been in Halo threads but I doubt anyone has noticed!

What country are you posting from and what's your current age.
Scotland, 26

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
Bought a Metal Gear Solid 2 Xbox bundle with my first pay cheque and got this Halo game free with it. Expected it to be average but it blew me away.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
End of Halo 3/ beginning of ODST iirc.

What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you're not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
No CE? Well, Halo 2 (for the story!) and Halo 3 for mp. I think Halo 2 was better overall but I never had the chance to get into it properly at that age.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
36 in Team Slayer I think :lol

AR or BR?
BR > *

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Battle Creek, Midship and The Pit.

Least hated Reach mp map.
Countdown

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive(?) multiplayer

Games completed on solo Legendary.
Every one (screw you Halo 2!)

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
If only :*(

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Silent Cartographer, AOTCR, The Ark, The Covenant etc. Probably the usuals for most folks.

Favorite Reach playlists.
Squad Slayer

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
About the size of Frankie

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Bloom is an excellent troll but a poor gameplay mechanic imo. "What, you're aiming at that guys head? BRB, blooming... oh, are you dead? Sorry :trollface:". Seems strange that my augmented super soldier with his half ton armour can't hold his gun steady but hey ho. Gameplay/fun over canon, right? Shame they missed the fun part :/

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Bleh. AA's are no fun, I always pick Hologram and I don't mind Sprint. Armour Lock is the worst for me, I'm not sure why they thought it was a good idea for multiplayer, I mean Invincibility was a pick up in the Halo 3 campaign but they had the good sense to leave it out of mp there. Fair enough you can't move but it nullifies everything. If AA's were campaign/firefight only it'd be a lot better imo.

Why are you a Halo fan?
I loved the CE campaign, Halo 2 multi really got me into online gaming and Halo 3 helped me convince my brother to get a 360. I also really love the books/universe.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it.
I'm engaged, my daughter turns 1 next month and I hold objectives like a pro

not really I'm too rubbish for that

I thought I'd get in on the picture action since some other juniors have too. I don't have any recent ones though so I snapped this yesterday after my daughter woke up. Yes, the camera flash highlights the mess of my daughters mirror (how does she do it?!) and, yes, she found the cat more interesting than the mirror :*)

UpSaU.jpg

What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you're not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)

^What is the reasoning behind not being able to choose CE? Are we conceding that it's the best? Because I totally agree!

sordid said:
Opinion on reticule bloom.
Bloom is an excellent troll but a poor gameplay mechanic imo. "What, you're aiming at that guys head? BRB, blooming... oh, are you dead? Sorry :trollface:". Seems strange that my augmented super soldier with his half ton armour can't hold his gun steady but hey ho. Gameplay/fun over canon, right? Shame they missed the fun part :/
Why are you a Halo fan?
I loved the CE campaign, Halo 2 multi really got me into online gaming and Halo 3 helped me convince my brother to get a 360. I also really love the books/universe.
Great answers here!
sordid said:
Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it.
I'm engaged, my daughter turns 1 next month
Congratulations!
Sordid said:
and I hold objectives like a pro
Boooooo! /ignore
Sordid said:
not really I'm too rubbish for that
Hooray!

Ramirez

So, I was trying to look for something with this busted search engine, and I came across comedy gold.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9891041&postcount=37000

Do you still love me like this Ghaleon?

The whole MaxPL thing was stuff of HaloGAF legend, I wonder if he plays Reach.

Well, I just spent the last hour reading the old Halo 2 thread (seriously embarrassing stuff in there), then went back to the Halo 3 thread. Remember when EazyB was polite?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9879727&postcount=36936

bwahahaha

All I have is a laptop web camera. Didn't really want to post this, but oh well. I was inspired by vhfive and saikun.
IMG000014.jpg

And here's the stache...
dat_stache.jpg

Any UK people interested in a UK Halo GAF customs night? all are welcome obviously but the time zone would be more suited to UK players.

Ramirez said:
Watch out, you'll get cleansed and put on ignore!

Everyone always erases the best question in the Myspace survey, I would love to know everyone's most loved and most hated HaloGAFFERs. :p
Most loved: every objective-avoiding jerk-team that broadcasts their antics
Most hated: the people that defend griefing, especially with fallacious argument

For those not sure about what "cleansing" means in the context of this thread, it's a substitution word for "griefing" (much like "wape" is being used as a substitution word for "rape", although that example is more overt).

StalkerUKCG said:
Any UK people interested in a UK Halo GAF customs night? all are welcome obviously but the time zone would be more suited to UK players.
It has been tried before, (EU customs is a better way of thinking about it I'd say) but generally there isn't enough on the suited day. No harm in renewed efforts though.

Zeouterlimits said:
It has been tried before, (EU customs is a better way of thinking about it I'd say) but generally there isn't enough on the suited day. No harm in renewed efforts though.

My buddies and I host Custom nights every Monday in the UK. I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue in getting some GAFers involved.

feel

let it go n00bs
Ramirez said:
Well, I just spent the last hour reading the old Halo 2 thread (seriously embarrassing stuff in there), then went back to the Halo 3 thread. Remember when EazyB was polite?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9879727&postcount=36936

bwahahaha
:lol :lol holy shit

I sent him a message on xbl asking if he was ok with having his pic included in the halogaf gallery since he's part of halogaf, and I think I was told indirectly to go suck a dick, that he's not halogaf and that I could include the pic in whatever the fuck I was doing if it really meant that much to me (it doesn't, so I didn't).

edit- I should clarify that he didn't actually write "go suck a dick", just that it was the vibe of the reply

Deputy Moonman said:

^What is the reasoning behind not being able to choose CE? Are we conceding that it's the best? Because I totally agree!
Yes. If not true for that person, they are free to make a fuss about it in the answer.

Letters said:
let it go n00bs

I sent him a message on xbl asking if he was ok with having his pic included in the halogaf gallery since he's part of halogaf, and I think I was told all of this indirectly: 1- to go suck a dick 2- that he's not halogaf 3- that I could include the pic in whatever the fuck I was doing if it really meant that much to me (it doesn't, so I didn't).
lol such a nice guy :/
Glad Tashi is coming back today, I think he got banned the same day I got accepted.

Zeouterlimits said:
Aren't the HBO users doing EU cutoms every Tuesday?

Hypertrooper said:
Aren't the HBO users doing EU cutoms every Tuesday?

Yes, I try to run it every other Tuesday, but i have been very busy lately, should be back to normality within a couple of weeks hopefully. Someone, should do one today. : )

GhaleonEB

Tha Robbertster said:
Oh, and Ghal, what's the ETA on your review?
Editing pass is complete, but the Wordpress backend is borked due to the size, so I haven't been able to do my final read through. Once that's solved, it will be published the next day. I'm hoping for Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Homeboyd

Had jury duty today.. Judge dismissed the whole group (sides settled out of court)

Alas, I have the day free for some Halo.

#America!

Wow that EazyB post is hilarious. The entire EazyB persona has just evaporated after seeing that.

Bloody London riots. Im taking time off work, going to be stuck in the house for a while, anyone up for some Halo? I really have a itch for Halo 3, but will jump on Reach if people are on it.

Also, I know a few people here have websites. Ive come up with a pretty funky website design. Its still under construction but would anyone be interested in providing feedback? Its not uploaded online and wont be finished for a while but I know there are people here who would provide invaluable feedback. Im just wondering if the usability is actually clear. MrBig im thinking of you and your design skills mostly, but I know a few others here have skills in that area.

Letters said:
let it go n00bs
Let what go? People bragging about griefing? Nope.

Everytime someone wants to make a post about it, I'll be there to remind them what a jerk they are being. I won't be dissuaded by a clique of griefers, whether they are HaloGAF community veterans or not.

Trasher

Letters said:

I sent him a message on xbl asking if he was ok with having his pic included in the halogaf gallery since he's part of halogaf, and I think I was told indirectly to go suck a dick, that he's not halogaf and that I could include the pic in whatever the fuck I was doing if it really meant that much to me (it doesn't, so I didn't).

edit- I should clarify that he didn't actually write "go suck a dick", just that it was the vibe of the repy
You should have posted it here lol.

bobs99 ... said:
Whats the MaxPL thing about, he must have been around here before I even started lurking?
It was back during the Halo 2 days so I don't even remember anymore haha. All I remember is him talking shit all the time.

Top Bottom