• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'll keep an eye out for it. ;^)
Thanks I really appreciate that. It's not too important and I don't want you to go out of your way for it, but grab it for me if you come across it by chance

2u8iivo.jpg

kylej said:
*bong*

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain, Sage Merrill, speaking.
Bahhahaha glad I wasn't drinking anything while I read this. :lol

^ Wow, that looks good.

Also, CEA is looking amazing in the OXM article. Can we just get a official screen of MC's final look online? I cant wait to see more from CEA.

And oh god, that picture I posted is cropped in the halogaf pic album... It looks even more awkward that way, haha

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
http://www.abload.de/img/halo2011-08-0701-08-09wftj.jpg[IMG]

Someone got FXAA working for halo pc over in the [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417495&page=66"]hi-res pics thread[/URL]

Can't wait to see more of this area in CEA with FXAA[/QUOTE]

How the hell did they manage that? It looks amazing.

MrBig

PsychoRaven said:
How the hell did they manage that? It looks amazing.
I know that someone from Bungie found out how to force AA on ATI cards, but I didn't know about FXAA. Googling found some stuff on how to do it, but I haven't tried it.

GhaleonEB

IMG_5707.jpg

I didn't realize HaloFest had it's own pass, I thought the regular PAX pass got you in. Neato. I love having little mementos like that after.

It's also smartly designed to stick out from behind the the regular pass, making badge checks faster.

feel

I was embarrassed to ask, because I played that level hundreds of times, but a day later, I FINALLY figured out what area is that in the picture of the "Halo" level in the scans...

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIITTTT!!!!!!! SO HOT!! :O :O *drools*

edit- those are some damn cool badges Ghal

edit2-
Demoncarnotaur said:
And oh god, that picture I posted is cropped in the halogaf pic album... It looks even more awkward that way, haha
No idea what you're talking about.

*giggles*

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
I was embarrassed to ask, because I played that level hundreds of times, but a day later, I FINALLY figured out what area is that in the picture of the "Halo" level in the scans...

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIITTTT!!!!!!! SO HOT!! :O :O *drools*

I won't lie. I had to think about it for a bit myself to be honest. The difference is amazing.

ElRenoRaven

darthbob said:
It's actually a post processing filter. Not actual AA.

Halo engine is like completely non responsive to any forms of AA.

Yea I knew that. That's why it was such a shock. Still even post processing is pretty damn cool.

ElRenoRaven

Im_So_Pringles said:
How do you know CEA will have FXAA?

I think he's assuming because some of the 343 guys have made remarks on twitter about screwing around with FXAA. I haven't actually seen it confirmed anywhere yet.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Got my PAX badge and I was stoked to see that Halo Fest has its own [awesome] badge, too!
1zz3vgk.jpg

edit: Oops, didn't see that Ghal already posted the badges.

MrBig

PsychoRaven said:
I think he's assuming because some of the 343 guys have made remarks on twitter about screwing around with FXAA. I haven't actually seen it confirmed anywhere yet.
Yes, that and seeing the switch between the old and new engine. Jaggies everywhere on the old and it's not noticeable on the new. At least not with that video compression.

PsychoRaven said:

I'm just curious because FXAA is so freakin' efficient. In my opinion, it looks basically just as good as regular AA and whenever I use it my fps only drops by like 2, max. Whenever I max regular old AA I take a 10 fps drop minimum. But that's because my rig isn't that great haha.

In short FXAA rocks. Like, really hard.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
Yes, that and seeing the switch between the old and new engine. Jaggies everywhere on the old and it's not noticeable on the new. At least not with that video compression.
Which actually makes me think the 343 guys were talking about Halo 4, since they're building on the Reach engine. Saber is using their own graphics tech and wouldn't necessarily have the same issues with FXAA.

My memory of the comment was that it referenced the Halo engine in particular, which wouldn't apply to CEA.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Which actually makes me think the 343 guys were talking about Halo 4, since they're building on the Reach engine. Saber is using their own graphics tech and wouldn't necessarily have the same issues with FXAA.

My memory of the comment was that it referenced the Halo engine in particular, which wouldn't apply to CEA.
I see what you're saying but my point still stands. As far as the released videos are concerned, there is some form of AA running on Saber's tech, and it will be glorious.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
I see what you're saying but my point still stands. As far as the released videos are concerned, there is some form of AA running on Saber's tech, and it will be glorious.
I was not contradicting your point, just trying to add context to the tweet about 343 guys looking into FXAA. Your post was just the point at which I entered the conversation. :)

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
I was not contradicting your point, just trying to add context to the tweet about 343 guys looking into FXAA. Your post was just the point at which I entered the conversation. :)

And a good point it is. I'm willing to bet it's more to do with Halo 4. I have no doubt though that Anniversary is using some form of AA. That's a very good thing too.

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
How much do you want to pay? It's $120 okay for you? Do you want the red pill or the blue pill?
$120 might be a bit much for me since I would still need the flight and hotel
(though if I could find someone to room with $120 would be a fair price I guess lol)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hypertrooper said:
How much do you want to pay? It's $120 okay for you? Do you want the red pill or the blue pill?
...why? Are there passes available through some kind of shady underground black market? I think I'd be willing to pay that much. I live close to Seattle, and would love to go.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
I hope he has a picture of himself ready.
Control yourself Dax.

As for matchmaking, could 343i kindly remove Uncaged from Team Snipers?

Getting spawn killed is already a problem, but spawning right behind is someone is just bad all around. Yes I did get the assassination btw.

4tcXo.jpg

Also while I'm here,

Any chance of a Racing Playlist? The Dino's could be allowed there too. :D

Sean P.

Ah! Separate Halofest badges make so me excited!

But why do they need badges for it? Did it only come with the 3days?

And I guess I should start checking my mail

Ramirez said:
Hmm, my passes haven't arrived yet. :(

I have only received part of my badge order, no worries.

What I got today: 1 Friday badge, 1 Saturday badge

What I'm still expecting: 2 Three-day badges, 4 Halofest badges (or at least 3, I hope)

Sean P.

I was reading the halofest press release and :

In addition, beginning now through August 1, there are three contests in which fans can submit a piece of artwork, a video, or a photograph of their own creation that commemorates the impact of Halo—in exchange for prizes including a walk-on voice acting role in one of Rooster Teeth’s Red vs. Blue productions, Acme Archives art-quality prints of their submissions, and much more. IGN will sweeten the pot by offering the top five finalists in the Forge art and machinima film contests 3-day badges for PAX Prime. For a chance to win, fans can visit https://apps.facebook.com/halofest/. Voting runs August 1-8, and the top five will be contacted by August 11. Winners will be announced at Halo Fest on August 25.

wot

senador

Banned
Dax01 said:
I hope he has a picture of himself ready.

I've noticed Mr Big hasn't posted his age and pic yet. (sorry if I missed it)

I'll probably be on within an hour.

Not that it matters Mr Big, you are just the only regular that I haven't seen post either. Its cool if you don't wanna though.

Top Bottom