• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

FyreWulff

The banshee, as it is, should only be on Boneyard. Just look at the accounts of the banshee killgrinders, note the maps they get the most banshee kills on (Which will always be Spire and Paradiso), and delete the banshee from those maps.

You'll also notice that an extremely small percentage of those kills come from Boneyard, because Boneyard's design does a lot better job of balancing the banshee than the mountain on Paradiso. It really is a Scorpion of the Skies, the Falcon is much more balanced.

Same idea of the Scorpion's main map being default Containment on Halo 2 matchmaking, because Containment balanced the Scorpion being a Scorpion. Waterworks also balanced it out. On Coag it was a killing machine (didn't help that it could drive up vertical cliffs)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Serious suggestion since I agree with Ghal that we should stick to the Gravemind:

Halo: Reach |OT6| We exist together now, two corpses in one grave

And with that, we need someone like the Gravemind in the new Halo trilogy.

MrBig

Tashi0106 said:
Oh I didn't see those. I'm not necessarily looking for just revisions, I welcome all ideas, fresh and old. Feel free to make multiple submissions as well. What ever you think looks cool. I posted the old just to show what the old one was.
Here's one with non ridiculous lighting
tnsilsdu.jpg

If you decide to use it I'll author it at 4000x4000 and change up the BRs so that they both look unique

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
Stop.

9CG7J-VMVG9-P7G6W-QJHM9-T393Z

Hammertime.
Hah. I had to google how to redeem them on xbox.com, as I've never done so, or I might have snagged whatever that was. Bookmarked it now, though.

GhaleonEB said:
Hah. I had to google how to redeem them on xbox.com, as I've never done so, or I might have snagged whatever that was. Bookmarked it now, though.
it wouldn't load right for me or I could have gotten it.

anyone know what is was?

Domino Theory said:
Serious suggestion since I agree with Ghal that we should stick to the Gravemind:

Halo: Reach |OT6| We exist together now, two corpses in one grave

And with that, we need someone like the Gravemind in the new Halo trilogy.

Eww, was never a fan of the gravemind.

Crazy that this thread is already halfway through its life in just under a month. Its not even like we have had any major announcements or anything since it started.

You guys talk too much. :p

OuterWorldVoice said:
Stop.

9CG7J-VMVG9-P7G6W-QJHM9-T393Z

Hammertime.

Ooh, I wonder what that was for?

MrBig

thezerofire said:
it wouldn't load right for me or I could have gotten it.

anyone know what is was?
Gravity hammer.

Thank you Frankie, my Guilty Spark was starting to break down. Now I can use the hammer to finish him off

bobs99 ... said:
Eww, was never a fan of the gravemind.

Crazy that this thread is already halfway through its life in just under a month. Its not even like we have had any major announcements or anything since it started.

You guys talk too much. :p

Pfft better than too little. It's fun seeing new posts (even if its like 3 pages) when I wake up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MrBig said:
Here's one with non ridiculous lighting
tnsilsdu.jpg

If you decide to use it I'll author it at 4000x4000 and change up the BRs so that they both look unique
Oooooh sexy. I'll see what the team thinks.

Devolution said:
Pfft better than too little. It's fun seeing new posts (even if its like 3 pages) when I wake up.

Haha yeah I was joking, its great that the thread moves so fast this is probably one of the most active communities on gaf which is great.

bobs99 ... said:
Haha yeah I was joking, its great that the thread moves so fast this is probably one of the most active communities on gaf which is great.

Yeah I really like how active the threads are here. I'm always itching for some new halo/bungie related content even if it is just to read a complaint about someone armor locking too much lol. Glad I can finally respond. Now too think about some of those tshirt designs...

Halo: Reach |OT6| "GAF? It's the damn Covenant!"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "I've/We've got the mass"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "I offer no forgiveness, a father's sins, passed to his son."
Halo: Reach |OT6| "Did you think me defeated?"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "Submit!"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "Protocol dictated my response"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies"

Wow. So in the interest of privacy won't go into too much detail - but basically I work as a manager of a supermarket currently. This supermarket has a big campaign going related to schools etc. So they're playing some advertising over the PA system instore - and at the end there is the sound of kids cheering. It plays every 15mins or so and it sounded familiar. Just heard it again and it is DEFINITELY the sound of the grunt birthday party skull/armor-effect. Possibly it's a generic sound effect used across a variety of things - but it's identical nonetheless. If I get a chance (might look strange to co-workers), I'll grab an audio clip off the PA speakers for HaloGAF's approval.

StalkerUKCG said:
Halo: Reach |OT6| "GAF? It's the damn Covenant!"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "I've/We've got the mass"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "I offer no forgiveness, a father's sins, passed to his son."
Halo: Reach |OT6| "Did you think me defeated?"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "Submit!"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "Protocol dictated my response"
Halo: Reach |OT6| "You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies"
Halo: Reach |OT6| Our feet tread the path.

Or...

Halo: Reach |OT6| We trade one developer for another.

Havok

Stripper13 said:
Wow. So in the interest of privacy won't go into too much detail - but basically I work as a manager of a supermarket currently. This supermarket has a big campaign going related to schools etc. So they're playing some advertising over the PA system instore - and at the end there is the sound of kids cheering. It plays every 15mins or so and it sounded familiar. Just heard it again and it is DEFINITELY the sound of the grunt birthday party skull/armor-effect. Possibly it's a generic sound effect used across a variety of things - but it's identical nonetheless. If I get a chance (might look strange to co-workers), I'll grab an audio clip off the PA speakers for HaloGAF's approval.
The original source is the first Viva Piñata game.

Letters said:
welcome

12 months wait is a long time

It is... It actually got validated some time ago, but I didn't notice because it was on my school email. Notebook, check. backpack, check. NEOGAF!! WHAA??!, CHECK!!!

Woorloog

Banned
Already thinking next Halo Reach thread's titles?
I always liked Truth's dialogue in Halo 2, my favorite being:
"With my blessing, the Brutes now lead our fleets! They ask for your allegiance, and you shall give it."
No idea whether it could be used in thread title however...

As a referrence to (GAF) civil wars:
"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
But it's too long, isn't it?

As a referrence to the "cleansing": "You were weak... and gods must be strong."

I like that "Not finishing the fight"... if only it weren't so fitting.

If only we could put pics up into titles.

02408554241677142.jpg

New HALO CE better have the lulz that is pissing Keyes off so bad by killing his dudes that he hunts you down with a needler. Make his face even more pissed off even.

I like that "Not finishing the fight"... if only it weren't so fitting.

Every time a new Halo game came out I'd say "we have to finish the fight...again."

Zoolader

I'm currently the highest bidder for a Halofest pass on Ebay. I'm still kicking myself for not just buying a pass when they were for sale.

Karl2177

Devolution said:
02408554241677142.jpg

New HALO CE better have the lulz that is pissing Keyes off so bad by killing his dudes that he hunts you down with a needler. Make his face even more pissed off even.
CEA needs to have the bug described by Staten with the Keyes AI. It still had the taunt enemy corpse by shooting it, and since he had the Needler he would explode and kill himself. Then you'd be forced to go back a checkpoint because the point of that mission was to protect him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Stripper13 said:

Knock over a magazine rack every time it plays.

Louis Wu

Devolution said:
Dammit - you brought back all those bad memories.

I spent the entire last chunk of that mission on Legendary doing my damnedest to stay in front of that moron, so he wouldn't get himself killed and send me back to the brig... and then when I WAS in front of him, he shot me in the friggin' back with his needler!

Incompetent asshole...

Karl2177 said:
CEA needs to have the bug described by Staten with the Keyes AI. It still had the taunt enemy corpse by shooting it, and since he had the Needler he would explode and kill himself. Then you'd be forced to go back a checkpoint because the point of that mission was to protect him.
lol - don't we have a clip of some GAFfer doing that to a DMR?

Top Bottom