• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

lybertyboy said:
They will all be streamed by IGN.

If you want to re-experience Halo Fest from the comfort of your couch all the panels, interviews and everything will be available on Halo Waypoint ASAP.
....eff.

Time to rethink my PAX strategy.

lybertyboy said:

If you want to re-experience Halo Fest from the comfort of your couch all the panels, interviews and everything will be available on Halo Waypoint ASAP.
Shut up and take my... um... bandwidth?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
FyreWulff said:
So, how technical could we get with questions at the TU panel? Will we having engineers present?

If you ask a question about not having enough memory for a BR I can't be held responsible for my actions.

There will be people much smarter than me on the panel.

Hitmonchan107 said:
....eff.

Time to start rethinking my PAX strategy.

NEVER! You will watch the panels and enjoy.

Hydranockz said:
Shut up and take my... um... bandwidth?
Yeah, it will be a lucky time for you and your Girlfriend, who likes Halo too. btw. come online! I want to play.

lybertyboy said:
NEVER! You will watch the panels and enjoy.
He wanted to do some similiar thing like I wanted to do. But yeah, you/343i destroyed our plans. But his plans were much better than mine. He would have been an hero for the non-Halofest-attend-guys.

FyreWulff

lybertyboy said:
If you ask a question about not having enough memory for a BR I can't be held responsible for my actions.

A softball question from me at this panel would be something like "Will the TU address the bug where Gauss Warthog turret shots clip through 'Structure' objects on Forge World and Tempest and other maps?"

I'm still considering doing the joke BR question, but only if I'm the last person up, I don't want to take away answering time from other people.

Woorloog

Banned
Does the pic in Waypoint bulletin with Gausshog withing Forge walls (looks like a boat) mean that the title update will fix Gauss Hog shooting through Forged Walls?

Elites are getting some love? Better Covie weapons or Elite stats tweaked?

EDIT probably reading too much into this... want more TU hints

FyreWulff

This seems like a good plan for me

Friday

Halo: Anniversary
Pegasus Theatre (Sheraton)
10:00am–11:00am

Halo Community: Fragging, Forge, and Flowers
Halo Fest
12:00pm–1:00pm

Saturday

Bungie: Hatching the Cosmic Halo Egg
Halo Fest
12:00pm-1:00pm

Halo Anniversary Campaign Discussion
Halo Fest
5:00pm-6:00pm

Sunday

Halo Anniversary Multiplayer
Halo Fest
12:45pm-1:30pm

After the shitastic experience of losing like 5 hours of PAX due to waiting in panel lines at PAX08, I'd rather hit the ones where I'd like to be there for in person, and just catch the other ones on video after I get home.

Now to decide on actually pulling the trigger on buying the plane ticket by the end of tonight.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A teammate and I just got the 50 and 51st kills at the same time in a slayer match. Rockets weren't used. Pretty cool.

Fuck, living in Australia is annoying as fuck sometimes.

Reading about Halo Fest is doing my head in. It sounds so awesome, yet is so unattainable or at least not feasible. To make matters worse, even if we could get some Halo event together - it would suck ass in comparison.

That's the price the country pays for being so awesome.

feel

lybertyboy said:

123le3a.jpg

And please take the necessary steps to prevent microphone issues.

FyreWulff

Also the Anniversary one a no-brainer on Saturday, because about the last hour the expo hall is open, all the booths are closing up for the day anyway and no longer running.

lybertyboy said:

I'm will not be at the panel, on either side of the table, and I will be upset if I hear a question about the BR lol.

Fucking Panels.

I question if I will even see the main PAX expo.

As it was during PAX I spent the majority if my time at the Bungie/Astro booth.. But now with Halo Fest I don't think I will ever venture out of the building to see what else PAX has to offer.

Love it, cannot wait.

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
Fucking Panels.

I question if I will even see the main PAX expo.

As it was during PAX I spent the majority if my time at the Bungie/Astro booth.. But now with Halo Fest I don't think I will ever venture out of the building to see what else PAX has to offer.

Love it, cannot wait.

For starters Astro won't be there, so thats not a worry :p

I honestly don't see me seeing the main hall much at all haha, which is fine with me. PRobably going to pick and choose panels though, maybe miss one or two.

what I want to know is if HaloGAFr's are special enough to get into that campaign screening and after party?

Sean P. said:
For starters Astro won't be there, so thats not a worry :p

I honestly don't see me seeing the main hall much at all haha, which is fine with me. PRobably going to pick and choose panels though, maybe miss one or two.

what I want to know is if HaloGAFr's are special enough to get into that campaign screening and after party?
Whoa why no Astro booth? Are they not doing that well right now... :(

I'll definitely spend time in the main hall but if I don't see it until mid-day Saturday I wouldn't be shocked. From the sounds of things there is a chance that there will be a Halo 1 MP Lan set up. If that's the case I might just set up a cot and sleep there.

Also I am wondering if I shouldn't start planning the GAF breakfast again. We'll do it Saturday or Sunday (let me know what would be better). And hopefully this time everyone can make it...

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
Whoa why no Astro booth? Are they not doing that well right now... :(

They're doing great but MLG Raleigh is the same weekend and they are an official sponsor so their booth and personnel have to be there

Sean P. said:
They're doing great but MLG Raleigh is the same weekend and they are an official sponsor so their booth and personnel have to be there
Wow that's really unfortunate... They were always one of my favourite booths.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm anticipating the Service Record exiting Beta. I'm very curious about the approach to handing the depth of content on b.net.

I'm close to ranking up, and so I looked ahead at the next rank's requirements. It requires 500,000 fewer cR than the current rank, before jumping to 3.5m for the last two. Seems out of order. It goes:

2.5m
2.0m
3.5m
3.5m

At least the next will go faster before the last two marathons. Crazy that the last three ranks take nine of the total 20m cR to max out.
The last ranks go even faster because of the large increase in Game Complete payouts, and by extension, Performance Bonuses.

I even saw the bar move today.

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
Wow that's really unfortunate... They were always one of my favourite booths.

Yea for sure, and I say yea you should go ahead and get going on the breakfast plan again.

I'd definitely say Saturday, that way we aren't rushed in the morning to get to the panel, because we all needa be there super early for the halo 4 panel on Sunday

Devin Olsen said:
Also I am wondering if I shouldn't start planning the GAF breakfast again. We'll do it Saturday or Sunday (let me know what would be better). And hopefully this time everyone can make it...
I'm for Saturday. The first Halo-related Panel will start at 12pm. So we have a lot of time for a breakfast.

Hypertrooper said:
I'm for Saturday. The first Halo-related Panel will start at 12pm. So we have a lot of time for a breakfast.
What did you two think of the place we ate last time?

I remember the food being decent and the waitress was pretty good.

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:

I don't remember any complains, and they accommodated us nicely so works for me

Devin Olsen said:

Does this place serve hashbrowns? If not, that's a dealbreaker
ladies.

Sean P. said:
I don't remember any complains, and they accommodated us nicely so works for me
Alright I will start making arrangements now then.

Off topic somewhat... Does anyone have any idea what time will call opens? I want to line up as early as possible for the panel but need to pick up some badges at will call first... just trying to schedule my morning.

Also what time is everyone planning on lining up for the panel on Friday? It would be cool to all meetup around the same time so we can hang out in the lineup. I know we had that going with a couple of the panels last year and it worked great (until Wu almost got the whole group of us kicked out of line!)

PooBone

Reading that bulletin makes me wanna cry that I won't be there. Of course if I was there, as soon as I stepped off the elevator and saw the glory of Halo Fest laid out before me, I'd probably have a mini meltdown right there anyway.

Kibbles

The upcoming Halo: Reach Title Update will also be playable, should you want to test the altered waters. What won’t be playable, however, is the behind-closed-doors viewing of a not-yet-decided-upon Halo: Anniversary Campaign level. Only a limited number of people will be able to get their eyes on it, and we’ll have more details about what exactly you’ll need to do to be one of those people at the event itself. Hint: it involves saying very nice things about me to my superiors. Just thought you may want to start planning what you’re going to say in advance.

??? Really now? I'm sorry but this stupid we have to go through this crap again for a game we already played. It's a remake, not Halo 4. I was hoping to see some different Campaign areas than TSC.

[edit] IGN Livestreaming? Well that's great to hear.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:

OMG. I'll um be right back.............Ok now where was I. Oh yea. I so have to read the bulletin. All that Halo talk made me get an early jump on my last playthrough of the series until November or as I like to call it my Augest playthrough. So needless to say I finished out the rest of my campaign on Halo 1. lol

I have to say. Tonight for the first time in a long time I really stopped to take in the beauty of the game. You know what though the Library really is an amazing looking level. There are so many little details you can miss if you don't stop to actually look around it. I really can't wait to see the hallways with the shimmering like pool things on the walls and the little nooks and crannies of that level. It I think is my 3rd most anticipated level behind 343 Guilty Spark and the POA both beginning and end.

GhaleonEB

Step 1: paste all Halo/Bungie panels into Excel

Step 2: grey out panels I'm not interested in

Step 3: paste all other panels I want to see at PAX

Step 4: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Got some hard decisions to make.

GAF Pre-PAX Pancake Party

<3 Sai-Kun
hJLDz.jpg

Confirmed Attendees
  • Devin Olsen
  • goatrope
  • Baily Howatt (friend of mine)
  • Sean P
  • Hypertrooper
  • Hitmonchan107
  • GhaleonEB
  • Captain Blood
  • Eazy B
  • Ramirez

Where?: We ate here last year and the food/service was great. They were able to fix up a table big enough for the whole group of us with more then enough room to spare. The proximity to the Convention center is good, the only iffy part is parking. If my memory serves me correctly there is street parking all around it and if all else fails there is pay parking (very cheap) a block away... It's also nearly walking distance from the convention centre so if you're without a ride that's an option. (pretty sure a group of guys walked last year from breakfast and beat me to the panel line-up since I had to deal with parking and what'not)

When?: Up to you guys, the places open at 6:30AM but there is nothing Halo related to line up for until the Bungie: Hatching the Cosmic Halo Egg panel which is at noon... Right now people are suggesting 7AM. So tentatively it's 7AM

Why?: Because I said so

If you'd like to be added to the list please PM me or respond.

Also wondering about setting up a dinner get together on Saturday, what do you guys think?
Folks interested so far in dinner
  • Devin Olsen
  • Baily Howatt
  • goatrope
  • Sean P
  • Hypertroooper

cory021

Neo Member
Nice to hear that I'll be able to watch the PAX panels on Waypoint. I'm really interested in seeing the details on for the Title Update the most.

I guess it would be a good time to mention that I'm really grateful that Waypoint is a free service. I'm sure a lot of people take this for granted, but this is another reason why I love Halo. CoD looks at Waypoint and says "We can do that too, but lets charge people $10 a month for it."

ElRenoRaven

The upcoming Halo: Reach Title Update will also be playable, should you want to test the altered waters. What won’t be playable, however, is the behind-closed-doors viewing of a not-yet-decided-upon Halo: Anniversary Campaign level. Only a limited number of people will be able to get their eyes on it, and we’ll have more details about what exactly you’ll need to do to be one of those people at the event itself. Hint: it involves saying very nice things about me to my superiors. Just thought you may want to start planning what you’re going to say in advance.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
YOU SUCK!! YOU SUCK!! YOU SUCK!!!

That is all. So not fair to hide that from the public. Just show it to everyone damn it!!!!/crybaby rant

FyreWulff

Pre-PAX Pancake Promenade.

GhaleonEB said:
Step 1: paste all Halo/Bungie panels into Excel

Step 2: grey out panels I'm not interested in

Step 3: paste all other panels I want to see at PAX

Step 4: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Got some hard decisions to make.

I'd just delete the PAX keynote if I were you. You'll either get to see it or spend two hours waiting only to be turned away or told you can maybe get into the Q&A afterwards.

Sean P.

I'm down for dinner as well.

I'd say pretty early for breakfast again though, then we can all get in at least a little exhibition hall time before the panel. Or just have a long breakfast

BTW Devin, we should have Duncan or someone host the breakfast plans on his website or something somewhere so we have a permanent list somewhere that doesn't get lost, if he's ok with that

Tawpgun

New Weapon from Halo 4.

w0moJ.jpg

Chiefs gotta improvise.

If this was pre-patch Halo 2 you could say that its a gun that teleports you to where you it explodes :p

GhaleonEB

Sai-kun said:
pre-pax pancake party imo
Winner.

I'm in, depending on the time. I'll want to be in line for the Bungie panel two hours early.

FyreWulff said:
I'd just delete the PAX keynote if I were you. You'll either get to see it or spend two hours waiting only to be turned away or told you can maybe get into the Q&A afterwards.
Not planning to attend that one. I've never been to any keynotes, actually.

Sean P.

GhaleonEB said:
Not planning to attend that one. I've never been to any keynotes, actually.

Nothing lives up to Wil Wheaton, ever since they've just been a waste of time so I'm not going to even bother with it

And Ghal, I'm with you for lining up, so I say like 8? Gives us two hours

Top Bottom