• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Stripper13 said:
Wow. So in the interest of privacy won't go into too much detail - but basically I work as a manager of a supermarket currently. This supermarket has a big campaign going related to schools etc. So they're playing some advertising over the PA system instore - and at the end there is the sound of kids cheering. It plays every 15mins or so and it sounded familiar. Just heard it again and it is DEFINITELY the sound of the grunt birthday party skull/armor-effect. Possibly it's a generic sound effect used across a variety of things - but it's identical nonetheless. If I get a chance (might look strange to co-workers), I'll grab an audio clip off the PA speakers for HaloGAF's approval.
Install confetti cannons with timers around the store and sync them with that sound. Post video on youtube.

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
Dammit - you brought back all those bad memories.

I spent the entire last chunk of that mission on Legendary doing my damnedest to stay in front of that moron, so he wouldn't get himself killed and send me back to the brig... and then when I WAS in front of him, he shot me in the friggin' back with his needler!

Incompetent asshole...

lol - don't we have a clip of some GAFfer doing that to a DMR?

HAHA. I was just playing that level today. Dear god. Keyes can run. I was like NOOOOOOOOO. GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!!!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoRaven said:
HAHA. I was just playing that level today. Dear god. Keyes can run. I was like NOOOOOOOOO. GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!!!
No! Without the Captain... the Covenant have already won...

Letters said:
Install confetti cannons with timers around the store and sync them with that sound. Post video on youtube.
If 343i flies me to USA and offers me a job (I have no experience creating games) - I'll happily install confetti cannons and record the events that transpire.

In the mean time my mortgage dictates that I must behave and resist pranks/fun.

Domino Theory said:
Serious suggestion since I agree with Ghal that we should stick to the Gravemind:

Halo: Reach |OT6| We exist together now, two corpses in one grave

And with that, we need someone like the Gravemind in the new Halo trilogy.
Halo: Reach |OT6| This ring will make us brothers
Halo: Reach |OT6| I am peace, I am salvation

Good thing I already have a good one for the Skyrim OT.

feel

Stripper13 said:
If 343i flies me to USA and offers me a job (I have no experience creating games) - I'll happily install confetti cannons and record the events that transpire.

In the mean time my mortgage dictates that I must behave and resist pranks/fun.
1- Post it on youtube
2- link it here, so it eventually ends up on waypoint
3- ?????????
4- Frankie is fetching you some java while you save Halo under halogaf's guidance.

PNut

Banned
Seems like the playlist info page over at Bnet has been moved or taken down. Either way I can't find it and was curious how often Juggernaut comes up in RP, or if it's even still in there. Has anyone played it lately?

Ramirez

PNut said:
Seems like the playlist info page over at Bnet has been moved or taken down. Either way I can't find it and was curious how often Juggernaut comes up in RP, or if it's even still in there. Has anyone played it lately?

I play quite a bit of RP lately, and it shows up occasionally, it's pretty terrible. I was sitting at 0 points in one game the other day and jumped to 2nd in literally 10 seconds maybe? It's way too hard to kill the Juggernaut...

FyreWulff

PNut said:

It's in Rumble Pit, but low weighted.

The last significant update to Rumble Pit was October 2010.

Rumble Pit
* Rebalanced lineup to offer more kill, less frill
* Removed Infection, Safe Havens, Race, Rally, Headhunter Pro and Classic Slayer

There was a minor one in May:

* Removed Boardwalk and Crazy King Pro from Rumble Pit

senador

Banned
So, those of you with fast internetz, does it positively effect your games?

I just called CenturyLink (Qwest) and they are upgrading me from 12 down/.8 up to 40/20 for less than I am paying now! :O Super stoked.

Devolution said:
Yes. Be sure to put the 360 on DMZ as well.

I have ports forwarded now but switching to DMZ.

PNut

Banned
Ramirez said:
I play quite a bit of RP lately, and it shows up occasionally, it's pretty terrible. I was sitting at 0 points in one game the other day and jumped to 2nd in literally 10 seconds maybe? It's way too hard to kill the Juggernaut...

Yeah you literally have to have every single person shooting/throwing grenades at the same time, I kinda enjoyed it in the beta though for some reason. Only when I was the juggernaut of course.

FyreWulff said:
It's in Rumble Pit, but low weighted.

The last significant update to Rumble Pit was October 2010.

There was a minor one in May:

Thanks for the link.

senador said:
So, those of you with fast internetz, does it positively effect your games?

I just called CenturyLink (Qwest) and they are upgrading me from 12 down/.8 up to 40/20 for less than I am paying now! :O Super stoked.

Yes. Be sure to put the 360 on DMZ as well.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Hehe.

I bought Bad Company 2 yesterday, so I'm probably going to be playing that for a good while.

I love the crown jewel one.

BC2 is going to be fun to play again. I cannot wait for BF3.

Plywood said:
Halo: Reach |OT6| "You read the latest post?" "Only the parts that weren't covered in black ink."

I LOVE it.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Sorry I didn't have a mic. I'll drag it out for the games tonight...

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to join me for some Bad Company 2 action, I'm getting online sometime around 12 a.m. EST/9 p.m. PST tonight to play. (That's 4.5 hours from now.)

I don't have a VIP pass, though.

FyreWulff said:
360, right? I might be able to join you. I don't mind playing on non-VIP content. I'd just like to play BC2 again for once!
Yep. :^)

FyreWulff

Hitmonchan107 said:

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to join me for some Bad Company 2 action, I'm getting online sometime around 12 a.m. EST/9 p.m. PST tonight to play. (That's 4.5 hours from now.)

360, right?I might be able to join you. I don't mind playing on non-VIP content. I'd just like to play BC2 again for once!

Hitmonchan107 said:

I might be there, if not at 9 then soon after. And get a VIP pass when you can. it's good stuff

If I may make a suggestion/edit for a possible title.
Syracuse022 said:
I'm a fan of both of these.

Halo Reach |OT6| Revelation 21: 7; "I shall light this holy ring... release my cleansing flame..."

It could be a different/fake scripture, but basically everything the prophets say sound like biblical verses.

Some religious types might not like it though......

Though I'd still rather us use: Halo Reach |OT6| Victory Laps. I laughed so hard whenever I saw that.

PNut said:

I noticed this aswell, any chance of 343 putting up a page with that info?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yeah I noticed the missing Playlist info when Bungie updated their site a few days ago. Timed nicely with me wanting to look at it too.

Wonder if 343 will push out an overall site upgrade all at once (new forums, Playlists page, and more).

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Yeah I noticed the missing Playlist info when Bungie updated their site a few days ago. Timed nicely with me wanting to look at it too.

Wonder if 343 will push out an overall site upgrade all at once (new forums, Playlists page, and more).
I'm anticipating the Service Record exiting Beta. I'm very curious about the approach to handing the depth of content on b.net.

I'm close to ranking up, and so I looked ahead at the next rank's requirements. It requires 500,000 fewer cR than the current rank, before jumping to 3.5m for the last two. Seems out of order. It goes:

2.5m
2.0m
3.5m
3.5m

At least the next will go faster before the last two marathons. Crazy that the last three ranks take nine of the total 20m cR to max out.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm anticipating the Service Record exiting Beta. I'm very curious about the approach to handing the depth of content on b.net.

I'm close to ranking up, and so I looked ahead at the next rank's requirements. It requires 500,000 fewer cR than the current rank, before jumping to 3.5m for the last two. Seems out of order. It goes:

2.5m
2.0m
3.5m
3.5m

At least the next will go faster before the last two marathons. Crazy that the last three ranks take nine of the total 20m cR to max out.

At Grade 4 general right now. I just watch it barely move. Not that I care but it's pretty funny to see it barely jump. Especially now that the game's been out a while.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Apparently there will be 5 CEA Reach maps at HaloFest.

Hmm... so one map MIA?

And yeah, dammit, that panel lineup. Sounds like such a blast. =/

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
At Grade 4 general right now. I just watch it barely move. Not that I care but it's pretty funny to see it barely jump. Especially now that the game's been out a while.
After most games these days, it doesn't move at all. It takes a Challenge-laden game of 10k + to move it one pixel. I like moving bars.

I'll add the Waypoint, Community and Bungie panels to my PAX plans. Good stuff right there.

I can't even play Halo: Anniversary, because I really want to attend every panel. :/

HaloFest VIP party is 21+ only I think. But otherwise there are no information about this. :/ An awesome experience I'm going to have, If it sounds so awesome as the bulletin told me. God damn I'm going to buy a lot of Halo swag.

Btw. the bulletin didn't mention the secret entrance for Germans.

Letters said:
That's an illegal amount of panels for such short time period. Holy crap!!

And they all seem like they will be super great! HYPE!
Frack, man. I'm going to be at Halo Fest all weekend. I'm super glad I didn't schedule other things.

blamite

Wow, that's a lot of panels. These are all going to be streamed/ uploaded later to IGN, right? I'm disappointed I won't be able to make it, but at least I'll have a fun weekend of panels online. :D

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
blamite said:
Wow, that's a lot of panels. These are all going to be streamed/ uploaded later to IGN, right? I'm disappointed I won't be able to make it, but at least I'll have a fun weekend of panels online. :D

They will all be streamed by IGN.

If you want to re-experience Halo Fest from the comfort of your couch all the panels, interviews and everything will be available on Halo Waypoint ASAP.

MrBig

lybertyboy said:
They will all be streamed by IGN.

If you want to re-experience Halo Fest from the comfort of your couch all the panels, interviews and everything will be available on Halo Waypoint ASAP.
Fantastic

Top Bottom