• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:
I thought you were at the editing stage...
I wrote the draft, it got passed to the editor, and then I did a final read-through after the editing, making some suggested changes and any other final changes. I re-wrote a few sections during that read-through. Soon. (TM)

GhaleonEB said:
I wrote the draft, it got passed to the editor, and then I did a final read-through after the editing, making some suggested changes and any other final changes. I re-wrote a few sections during that read-through. Soon. (TM)
Today?! :)

Hypertrooper said:
Ordered my HaloGAF T-shirt and 2 HBO T-shirt. I hope both arrive before Aug. 23th.
You could try shipping them to my address... I will be able to pick it up the day before PAX (25th) which may help you out a little.

Your call...

Devin Olsen said:
You could try shipping them to my address... I will be able to pick it up the day before PAX (25th) which may help you out a little.

Your call...
Too late. :/ Otherwise HBO made an awesome Deal with the HBO T-shirt. It looks awesome and it is just cheap, so nearly everyone can afford it. (And if one HaloGaffer can't afford it, damn I'll gift it to you.) So I can order it another t-shirt and ship to your address. But if you meant the HaloGAF t-shirt? Nah that won't be the problem. Spreadshirt is a German-company, so I'll get it fast.

Tawpgun

Damnit. There's a good chance I'll get a 3 day pass... But air, hotel, and other expenses might prevent me.

I want to find out the final 5 machinima entries noooooow.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Damnit. There's a good chance I'll get a 3 day pass... But air, hotel, and other expenses might prevent me.

Did you check, how much everything costs? I would donate some money.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
That's it. I'm selling my xbox and burning halo. get rid of elite. they are ruining my life. tia.

east coast owns. screw pax

No gym tonight. Juices is retired. We gonna dong sweetiepie.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Just remember, if you go, go for the people. Getting hammered with GAF kids will be a lot more fun than roaming around a giant box filled with long lines and stinky nerds.

Sikamikanico said:
The title update has me really excited. This may finally bring me back to Halo Reach. I wonder if they will be making adjustments to the Arena - for example, bringing back 1-50 ranks?
How could that possibly improve the Arena? The division system is more detailed than the old ranking structure.

PooBone

Letters said:
Less mentioned/popular Halo CE moments looking forward to replaying with the remastered audio and graphics?

There are so many moments, but the first one that came to my mind was when you rise from underground near the end of Two Betrayals, and as you walk up the exit the "Final Run" title is displayed and Under Cover of Night starts...

edit- painful thread
When you step out of the coolant on Keyes. That's my least favorite part of the game because it's so damn dark. Anxious to see how they light this area.

But I'm honestly most excited to see how the interior of the forerunner structures look, particularly about half of Assault on the Control Room, half of the shaft on Silent Cartographer, all of the Library, etc. Bungie did an amazing job with the pristine detail inside the halls of the Ark in Halo 3. I'm hoping we get something similar from Anniversary. What little bit of Forerunner steel I saw in the campaign demo has me hopeful.

Tashi0106 said:
Sweep sniping: Skillful or not? Your opinion...

In Halo 3 yes, to a certain extent. Halo 2 no.

In Reach it's almost been eradicated. In general, the Reach sniper is much easier to use than the other snipers in the series particularly when not being shot at. This is why it's so effective to camp in a spot miles away from the action (which many of Reach's maps so lazily accomodate) and hit headshot after headshot with the ridiculously sized hitboxes and achingly slow spartan movement. Inb4 'that's what snipers do in real life!'. Yeah, this aint real life buddy, this is fucking future cyborg soldiers. The Reach sniper (as opposed to previous Halo snipers) is far more heavily defined within its sandbox 'role' as a long range weapon. It feels less versatile and therefore more boring in combat encounters.

On a related note, is it just me or does the reticule feel too 'heavy' when scoped when compared to previous snipers? A sudden change of target seems to really drag when in scope in this game.

Tawpgun

PooBone said:
When you step out of the coolant on Keyes. That's my least favorite part of the game because it's so damn dark. Anxious to see how they light this area.

But I'm honestly most excited to see how the interior of the forerunner structures look, particularly about half of Assault on the Control Room, half of the shaft on Silent Cartographer, all of the Library, etc. Bungie did an amazing job with the pristine detail inside the halls of the Ark in Halo 3. I'm hoping we get something similar from Anniversary. What little bit of Forerunner steel I saw in the campaign demo has me hopeful.
Flashlight bro.

Really underused in the games.

Ramirez

A27 Tawpgun said:

Shack up with some gaffers, charge the plane ticket, profit.

Bread

Banned
HiredN00bs said:
How could that possibly improve the Arena? The division system is more detailed than the old ranking structure.
The Arena rating system blows, I want the Halo 2 ranking system back.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sai-kun said:
I had a dream where Frankie told me bloom was gone.

Weirdest dream ever.
Hah, awesome. Let's all hope it was prophetic.

Edit: Beaten by Ram, hah.

Maybe in Halo 4 we can get a bar that fills up (Or unfills) called Halo Honor bar.

You could purchase like "Mad Internet Respect" with it if you get enough.

Tawpgun

Zeouterlimits said:
Dat multiplayer. I never put any real time into it myself, but people seem to be very drawn to it.
Free mode in GTA has had some of my favorite video game moments. Shame their online interface sucks.

Louis Wu

Plywood said:
I thought it was more like:

914pB.jpg

Picture of flowers fully bloomed, illuminated = bloom eliminated.

Either way, it works.
rofl - I read this as "Bloom is beautiful"

I guess a whole lot of GAFfers would be unhappy if that turns out to be the accurate interpretation...

Louis Wu said:

I guess a whole lot of GAFfers would be unhappy if that turns out to be the accurate interpretation...
One or two. The backlash would be severe. I don't like when people play cruelly with fans emotions, so I'm going to believe 343 wouldn't have let people get so hyped about this TU if it wasn't going to mostly satisfy.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:

I wasn't sure what to make of that one. My initial take was, since one stem was in bloom and the other not, we'd see that same split in the playlists.

Striker

StalkerUKCG said:
VISR Mode for Chief in Halo4 would be great in my opinion.
I didn't mind the visor in ODST, but I had preferred they used the flashlight in Halo Reach. And the flashlight for future games.

Louis Wu said:

Heh, I really was being facetious yesterday. In all honesty I just see it as:

[sad spartan]
[pic related to bloom]
[happy spartan]
[unrelated cookie monster]

I'm not sure how else to interpret it. Are there sad players out there that want MORE bloom? Can anything be done to bloom other than removing it? Obviously any change would be limited to certain playlists, but the mere mention of bloom in the Bulletin is enough to make me excited either way.

Really, what we need is a few dedicated fans to camp in front of 434 Kirkland like these guys did at Valve:
2q9glzk.jpg

Although we're going to have a really hard time convincing 343i to add Half-Life 3 to their lineup.

Letters said:
I love the faint Lady Gaga layer, nice touch.

OuterWorldVoice said:
DAMMIT! I went and looked and at first thought my gamerscore was M$ points. I bought every single Ke$ha and Bieber music video before I realized my error.

1. Spend gamerscore on cheap XBLA games and DLC map packs.
2. Unlock new achievements to get more gamerscore.
3. Repeat.

Infinite money!

Ramirez

Well, I just bought Letter's shirt, hopefully I'm not the only bozo who shows up wearing it.

I wanted Devo's Halo ring shirt, what happened to it?

feel

Striker said:
I didn't mind the visor in ODST, but I had preferred they used the flashlight in Halo Reach. And the flashlight for future games.
Good man. Visor modes or not, good old trusty flashlight is something I really want in there for the next games.

OuterWorldVoice said:
DAMMIT! I went and looked and at first thought my gamerscore was M$ points. I bought every single Ke$ha and Bieber music video before I realized my error.
Yep, when the page loaded I actually thought for a moment the gamerscore was points too "HOLY SHIT THIRTY THOUSA.. wait.."

Why do you americans get free MSP? I want them too. :(

OMG! Ghal meant it serious, the Reach review is coming today. Duke Nukem Forever and Ghal's Reach review in the same year?! The universe is going to explode!
This wasn't serious

VISR mode in ODST was an amazing feature. Wish it were in Reach and every future Halo game, though if the game's lighting every else has to be affected, I'd rather not have it.

PooBone

A27 Tawpgun said:
Flashlight bro.

Really underused in the games.
Yeah I know but I have that constant reload sickness, which means i'm in the dark for half the time. Plus there's something about having a battery bar that ticks down that makes me wanna conserve it and I often forget to turn it on.

I sicken myself.

OuterWorldVoice said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That is classic!

ElRenoRaven

Put me in the flashlight camp. I just didn't like the visor mode stuff. It takes away the beauty of the game and tents it all in green or a variation there of.

Top Bottom