• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Devin gave me the approval to make this:
The GAF Pre-PAX Pancake Party Page

And if anyone still needs to be added to the normal PAX List, let me know.
-----

Welp, it definitely looks like CEA won't have bloom. I don't think bs angel could drop a more obvious hint:
[picture of sad spartan]
[picture of bloom being annihilated by some sort of energy field]
[picture of happy spartan]
[picture of a happy Cookie Monster (a very vocal critic of the bloom mechanic)]

So excited. I think the only HaloFest panels I can bear to skip are the MegaBloks panel and the Xbox/Larry Hryb panel.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Oh yeah, I am sure there won't be a line for that panel and you can show up one minute before it starts...

PANELS!

Whaa?! You mean I'll have to skip the "Infinite Respawn: How Gaming Can Keep & Save Your Relationship" panel? I have a burning relationship question about keeping the BR in Reach...

MrBig

Hitmonchan107 said:
Trying to play Bad Company 2, but I can't connect to EA's server. Help?

This shit don't happen with Halo. Just sayin'.
EA's servers are very weird. They go offline a lot and there are some times of the day in which some ISPs block them (during off hours like now).
One of the reason's I'm apprehensive of dedicated servers on consoles and getting BF3 on 360.

MrBig said:
EA's servers are very weird. They go offline a lot and there are some times of the day in which some ISPs block them (during off hours like now).
One of the reason's I'm apprehensive of dedicated servers on consoles and getting BF3 on 360.

Yeah dedi's aren't just a magic answer to all online problems like some people seem to think.

Still getting BF3 on 360 though. Don't have the PC to take advantage of getting the PC version, and I've grown very accustomed to playing shooters with the controller.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
Welp, it definitely looks like CEA won't have bloom. I don't think bs angel could drop a more obvious hint:
But will it be toggle-able..ble??

That's the important question.

I'm sure they will offer classic settings on current default maps in a playlist somewhere, but customs could benefit greatly from this. The more options the better.

I'm wondering what 343's thoughts on the 'ranking system' are right now as well as the Arena. Perhaps a ranking system for the Classic ++ playlists only with an old fasioned system? I'm guessing that would be more work than it's worth at this point.

-> Halo 4

Edit: Also the elite love screenshot... interesting.

MrBig said:
Well on PC they are, because they are user hosted.

Well yeah thats true lol

Tashi0106 said:
Lolol I just watched this on my DVR. I died laughing.

It was amazing.

Aziz Ansari is on tonight. Guaranteed to be amazing.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Just found an alleged fix for the problem. Changing the 360 date to 11-15-2005 is supposed to fix it. I feel like I'm being duped, but if this works, I'm going to lawl the night away.

Where did you find that fix? Sounds like its mad trollin lol.

MrBig said:
Well on PC they are, because they are user hosted.
Just found an alleged fix for the problem. Changing the 360 date to 11-15-2005 is supposed to fix it. I feel like I'm being duped, but if this works, I'm going to lawl the night away.

Ramirez

ncsuDuncan said:
[picture of a happy Cookie Monster (a very vocal critic of the bloom mechanic)]

Is Cookie Monster some internet user, or did a joke fly over my head?

Also, bloom can't be gone, it's a part of the .map file and every map would have to be reshipped resulting in a 200GB download, MS would never do that.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going to speculate that he might be busy setting up that whole HaloFest thing.
"What do you mean pancakes with some Halo fans before a Halo-related presentation at a Halo event that celebrates 10 years of Halo? I'm kinda busy over here running the whole Halo thing!! All of it!!"

Ramirez said:
You need to brush up on the bios and latest tweets of all the Halo Community Veterans, you're embarrassing yourself..
Ramirez said:
Also, bloom can't be gone, it's a part of the .map file and every map would have to be reshipped resulting in a 200GB download, MS would never do that.
Fyrewullf: *taps mic* "Hi, huge Halo fan! Anyways, to keep this short, I know you just demoed Halo Reach being played without bloom, but I brought some slides with me, and if you would be so kind as to put them up on the projector, I will go indepth into a step by step presentation explainin why that just won't be happening..."

GAF: *pokerface* "Don't mention gaf"

Fyrewullf: *13mis later* "..so thanks for your time, Halo rules!!" *goes to hand over mic, changes mind* "Oh almost forgot, shoutout to my peeps at halogaf!" *really hands mic over this time*

GAF: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ramirez said:
Just me trying to be funny.

I have a terrible habit of attempting deadpan humor online. What works for me in RL doesn't necessarily work in text.

Fyrewulff is that you? I kid, I kid.

Maybe it's only gone on the new maps. If one of them was a decent enough Forge canvas we could replace the entire Team Classic playlist without losing anything.

(We'd still miss the opportunity to play Reflection and the other Reach maps without bloom, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the option.)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
I'm holding on to my
blind
faith that the code ninjas at 343 will find a way. Please, god, find a way.
ncsuDuncan said:
Maybe it's only gone on the new maps. If one of them was a decent enough Forge canvas we could replace the entire Team Classic playlist without losing anything.

(We'd still miss the opportunity to play Reflection and the other Reach maps without bloom, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the option.)
If true, I will never leave those maps.

darthbob

omg.kittens said:
I'm holding on to my
blind
faith that the code ninjas at 343 will find a way. Please, god, find a way.

If true, I will never leave those maps.

Bungie and Certain Affinity fixed glitches on maps with just a patch, like the teleporter on Relic, and the invisible barriers on Tombstone.

I don't see why the same couldn't be done for this 'reticle bloom', but then again, I'm no code monkey.

Ramirez said:
It'd be under 8 gigs if they had to make people download all of the maps, heck it'd be under 8 gigs to download the entire game. Or were you just sarcastically exaggerating?

Ramirez said:
Duncan, these clowns tell me you have some one day passes for sell, do you still have them?
Yes, I have a Friday Badge and a Sunday badge. $35 each (face value). Send me a PM if you're interested and we can figure out the details.

Edit: But it's bedtime for me right now, I might not respond until the morning. Also I accidentally wrote Saturday instead of Sunday at first, oops. Fixed now.

PNut said:
I wonder if 343 got the keys to Halo 3?
Keyes was in Reach, not 3. Or are you talking about Miranda?

Damn it, there I go again with the deadpan humor.

PNut

Banned
Homeboyd said:
Thought that was set to cruise control...

Probably, but it would be nice to see them update it. I mean it's still in the top 10 on XBOX Live activity. I guess if it "doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense." I get that but still.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Trying to play Bad Company 2, but I can't connect to EA's server. Help?

This shit don't happen with Halo. Just sayin'.
Don't even cause you know Halo with dedicated servers would be a huge improvement over P2P.

I've never really stuck around for the late night stuff at PAX, but I am wondering if anyone here has. Does the Console Freeplay keep going on after the main expo shuts down? It would be fun to organize an after PAX Halo: CE lan or something along those lines.

I'm so jealous of the PAX/Halo Fest goers. I'll be at home loathing my "comfy couch" instead of loving being in a chair looking at the real life Frankie..........

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I'm not exactly the best shot(far from), but:

RZuOy.png

Thanks for the compliment.

Striker said:
The stunning effect is another line in the new era of Fair™ gameplay. No reason you should also be locked in once somebody latches on. The best part of Halo 2 boarding was somebody hijacking your Warthog driver seat and you get out before his animation finishes and meleeing him.
That makes me think of how Halo3 handled two people melee'ing each other at the same time. It was another fairness mechanic that I didn't like. Although, I sort of understand why it was implemented. I'm not a fan of the stun, either.

All this vehicle boarding talk reminded me of this clip from bobs. So good:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16056496&player=bobs99

ElRenoRaven

Im_So_Pringles said:
I'm so jealous of the PAX/Halo Fest goers. I'll be at home loathing my "comfy couch" instead of loving being in a chair looking at the real life Frankie..........

Yea. I have my PC ready. I'm so going to be glued to IGN watching the streaming goodness.

Devolution said:
Eggs benedict with salmon and avocado.

Ungggggggh. So good.

Edit: Also the bf makes me french toast. I know y'all jealous.
wow sounds amazing

Ramirez said:
Pancakes are disgusting. I might be down for the meetup, but seeing as how I'm going to be with Blood probably 100% of the time, I can't confirm or deny any adventures.
P05dz.gif

Ramirez

So, last night in a CTF game on Tempest I saw something scurry through my hallway. At first I thought it was my wife bouncing a ball down the hallway to mess with me, then I realized she wasn't home yet, and that it was indeed a mouse. :| I trapped it in the room it went into (I thought lolz).

Well tonight right as a game was ending, he decides to show his face again in my man cave room. I immediately jumped up to grab some shoes, didn't want him biting my feet. >.> I cornered him in my room under my cpu desk, the following 15 minutes ensued with him going back and forth between my desk to my game cabinet, I went 0-11 on a game of Anchor 9 in the process. I finally got him in a corner, shoved a bat back into the crevice making him go forward into my nice little storage box I had set up for a trap. :p

Needless to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlS178w94yM&t=0m16s

feel

Devolution said:
Team mates just up and quit on this one dude. We let him win, despite him seeming to REFUSE to enter the hill. Xeno had to send him a message. Eventually he got in the hill though. When he wasn't in the hill we killed him.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=749929355&player=I devolution I

20090314023539!Hood_salute.PNG

Who says we don't have Halo honor?
That's awesome.

I like messing with randoms by doing completely altruistic actions over xbox live, for example, I like tossing unaware dudes fully loaded rocket launchers or snipers, and imagining their expressions when they see the "press to pickup weapon" thing suddenly popup on screen. They pick'em up and turn around to look at me but other than that they never quite know how to react so most of the time they just sit there staring at me trying to process the mindfuck..

Edit: Also the bf makes me french toast. I know y'all jealous.
Yep, I wish I could be making french toast for a girlfriend that plays Halo.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
So, last night in a CTF game on Tempest I saw something scurry through my hallway. At first I thought it was my wife bouncing a ball down the hallway to mess with me, then I realized she wasn't home yet, and that it was indeed a mouse. :| I trapped it in the room it went into (I thought lolz).

Well tonight right as a game was ending, he decides to show his face again in my man cave room. I immediately jumped up to grab some shoes, didn't want him biting my feet. >.> I cornered him in my room under my cpu desk, the following 15 minutes ensued wit him going back and forth between my desk to my game cabinet, I went 0-11 on a game of Anchor 9 in the process. I finally got him in a corner, shoved a bat back into the crevice making him go forward into my nice little storage box I had set up for a trap. :p

Needless to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlS178w94yM&t=0m16s
wtf is wrong with you lol. A mouse is not going to bite your feet... Today we learn Ram is afraid of tiny field mice. You seriously killed the poor thing? Just drive it down the road somewhere and let it go you heartless bastard!

Oh and btw, we all reported you for afking for credits.

Tunavi said:
lol

Ramirez

Trasher said:
wtf is wrong with you lol. A mouse is not going to bite your feet... Today we learn Ram is afraid of tiny field mice. You seriously killed the poor thing? Just drive it down the road somewhere and let it go you heartless bastard!

Oh and btw, we all reported you for afking for credits.

lol

lol, nah I actually took it across the street and dumped it on the neighbors property, it took off towards the river. I just couldn't pass up the Halo joke.

Looks like as usual, once I leave the party, it dies in the next game. I am the rock that holds all of you together, and you all repay me by reporting me, for shame.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
lol, nah I actually took it across the street and dumped it on the neighbors property, it took off towards the river. I just couldn't pass up the Halo joke.

Looks like as usual, once I leave the party, it dies in the next game. I am the rock that holds all of you together, and you all repay me by reporting me, for shame.
Looks like it was this game that killed the party...lol.

Tunavi said:
Pinnacle 1-flag
2 players on opposing team quit
Throw flag off the map over and over again

Good times

After the word 'Pinnacle', you should have jumped off a bridge lol.

Letters said:
if you guys are bored, some dude is trying to avoid getting permabanned for making creepy sexual comments about a 13old, by distracting everyone with a story involving shoving a finger up a bully's ass and rubbing his teeth with poo...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440445&page=3

And that is why I just go straight to my subscriptions on GAF.

Letters said:
if you guys are bored, some dude is trying to avoid getting permabanned for making creepy sexual comments about a 13old, by distracting everyone with a story involving shoving a finger up his own ass and rubbing it on the bully's teeth
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440445&page=3

I just can't even take OT side seriously anymore. Especially not after shit like this worming its way into all sorts of threads. Hurp wonder why so many women want to post here.

senador

Banned
Devolution said:
Team mates just up and quit on this one dude. We let him win, despite him seeming to REFUSE to enter the hill. Xeno had to send him a message. Eventually he got in the hill though. When he wasn't in the hill we killed him.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=749929355&player=I devolution I

20090314023539!Hood_salute.PNG

Who says we don't have Halo honor?

LOL, it was a funny round. I made some video and pics for fun.

Telling him to win:
reach_22213303_Medium.jpg

He didn't get it so Plywood messaged him. He went AFK for a bit so we tried to push him to the hill. Then he came back and hopped around still not getting it.

Click for vid

Eventually he gets it while we mess around:
reach_22213298_Medium.jpg

Went and checked out the skybox while he was winning:
reach_22213301_Medium.jpg

Top Bottom