• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

PooBone

Letters said:
You need to brush up on the bios and latest tweets of all the Halo Community Veterans, you're embarrassing yourself..

Fyrewullf: *taps mic* "Hi, huge Halo fan! Anyways, to keep this short, I know you just demoed Halo Reach being played without bloom, but I brought some slides with me, and if you would be so kind as to put them up on the projector, I will go indepth into a step by step presentation explainin why that just won't be happening..."

GAF: *pokerface* "Don't mention gaf"

Fyrewullf: *13mis later* "..so thanks for your time, Halo rules!!" *goes to hand over mic, changes mind* "Oh almost forgot, shoutout to my peeps at halogaf!" *really hands mic over this time*

GAF: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That is..... indescribably awesome.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
Long-sleeve button down shirts: Bad idea for PAX? Discuss.

Um, yes. Shorts and t-shirts or bust...

Seattle was actually pretty cold when I went in August, it was weird coming from like constant 90 degree weather.

GhaleonEB

In which I spend just under 14,000 words talking about Reach's campaign. It's not perfect, but the time came to up and ship the thing.

That applies to Reach and the review.

Thanks to Hitmonchan for editin, and Dani for moral support. And also, hosting. :p

(Would you believe I cut ~3,000 words in the final several editing passes?)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:

In which I spend just under 14,000 words talking about Reach's campaign. It's not perfect, but the time came to up and ship the thing.

Reading now. Not gonna get through it it one sitting, but I'm excited to finally :)-P) delve into it!

FyreWulff

I wouldn't wear longsleeves in Seattle. It's been 95-115 degrees for the past month or so here, if I'm spending 300$ on a plane ticket I'm going to enjoy that 60 degree Seattle weather.

GhaleonEB said:

Thanks to Hitmonchan for editin, and Dani for moral support. And also, hosting. :p

Go, go, go!

Finally. Reading now.

Domino Theory said:
Oml3t's my gamertag. :p
Oml3t? The only omlets I see are in the breakfast food pic on the Pancake Party page...

*waves hand*
These aren't the names you're looking for; you may go about your business.

Derp, I'm an idiot. I knew that. Fixed.

-------
Ooh, campaign review is up? I'll have to give that one my full attention as soon as I have the time to- SIX PAGES HOLY CRAP. <3

FyreWulff said:
I wouldn't wear longsleeves in Seattle. It's been 95-115 degrees for the past month or so here, if I'm spending 300$ on a plane ticket I'm going to enjoy that 60 degree Seattle weather.
I'd trade you in a heartbeat. It hasn't been 90 in southern california during the summer in coming up on two years

PooBone

GhaleonEB said:

Nice.

thezerofire said:
I'd trade you in a heartbeat. It hasn't been 90 in southern california during the summer in coming up on two years

Our summer up in NorCal happened for like 2 weeks in June and hasn't really returned. It's nice right now and all but it's not beach weather.

Devolution said:
Our summer up in NorCal happened for like 2 weeks in June and hasn't really returned. It's nice right now and all but it's not beach weather.
it's like 66 here and windy. I feel bad for the surfers competing in the US Open last week. The water was really cold.

teamaxe

GhaleonEB said:

...in which I spend way too much time reading it.

thezerofire said:
it's like 66 here and windy. I feel bad for the surfers competing in the US Open last week. The water was really cold.

Yeah it's like that in SF a lot this summer. More inland is better but still windy as well.

I won't post this again until the week before PAX...

------------------

GAF Pre-PAX Pancake Party

hJLDz.jpg

Confirmed Attendees
  • Devin Olsen
  • goatrope
  • Baily Howatt (friend of mine)
  • Sean P
  • Hypertrooper
  • Hitmonchan107
  • GhaleonEB
  • Captain Blood
  • Eazy B
  • Ramirez
  • ncsuDuncan (and his friend Nate)
  • OuterWorldVoice (maybe)
  • Domino Theory

Where?: We ate here last year and the food/service was great. They were able to fix up a table big enough for the whole group of us with more then enough room to spare. The proximity to the Convention center is good, the only iffy part is parking. If my memory serves me correctly there is street parking all around it and if all else fails there is pay parking (very cheap) a block away... It's also nearly walking distance from the convention centre so if you're without a ride that's an option. (pretty sure a group of guys walked last year from breakfast and beat me to the panel line-up since I had to deal with parking and what'not)

When?: Up to you guys, the places open at 6:30AM but there is nothing Halo related to line up for until the Bungie: Hatching the Cosmic Halo Egg panel which is at noon... Right now people are suggesting 7AM. So tentatively it's 7AM

Why?: Because I said so

If you'd like to be added to the list please PM me or respond.

Also checkity, check what Duncan set up.

Also wondering about setting up a dinner get together on Saturday, what do you guys think?
Folks interested so far in dinner
  • Devin Olsen
  • Baily Howatt
  • goatrope
  • Sean P
  • Hypertroooper

Nutter

Devin Olsen said:
I won't post this again until the week before PAX...

------------------

GAF Pre-PAX Pancake Party

hJLDz.jpg

Confirmed Attendees
  • Devin Olsen
  • goatrope
  • Baily Howatt (friend of mine)
  • Sean P
  • Hypertrooper
  • Hitmonchan107
  • GhaleonEB
    [*]Captain Blood
    [*]Eazy B
    [*]Ramirez
  • OuterWorldVoice (maybe)
    [*]Domino Theory
Did they actually confirm they are going, or are you assuming?

Schmitty said:
How is GTA4 still up that high?

No MS points for me...

Cause the game is fucking amazing. But, yeah it is simply staggering that it stays up that high.

Ramirez said:
Um, yes. Shorts and t-shirts or bust...

Seattle was actually pretty cold when I went in August, it was weird coming from like constant 90 degree weather.

I've been in Redmond for the past two weeks and I'm currently seeing the sun for the first time in about 5 days. The weather has been shit, cloudy and 60's everyday.

Typically, August weather in the Seattle area is really nice though.

O D I N

darthbob said:
Same ones they wore during Halo 2's development?

I wasn't a Halo fan at that point, but if they were, then yes. Maybe I can find a screen shot of them wearing one.

odst_shirt.jpg

Ironically, I found this in the Bungie Day thread. Seems to be this a rare, Bungie only shirt. :(

Today is a sad day.

Sean P.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Long-sleeve button down shirts: Bad idea for PAX? Discuss.

BAD.

Only times I ever wore long sleeves at PAX I took them off within five minutes due to the sweaty nerd orgy that is the expo hall and regretted carrying it around all day.

Ramirez

Homeboyd said:
I'll get one if you'd like!

High_five!!.jpg

Are you going to PAX? :p

I got my badges in today, no Saturday pass= :(. Anyone got one for sell or know of someone? I'm not paying absurd prices like Ebay/300 Bucks.

^

Cool, the HBO shirt was too busy for my tastes, but at least I'm not the only one with a GAF shirt.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
So really, is anyone going to have a HaloGAF shirt aside from me? Don't tell me I just spent 20 bucks for nothing!

You just forget how many times I told you I was hoping other people would buy the shirt so I wouldn't be the only one wearing it at PAX?

Kuroyume

Banned
thezerofire said:

Oh man, you're so naive! Unless you live like on the fucking beach or something I don't get this obsession people have with hot weather. I'm not cold blooded. Not a reptile. Hot weather blows and if you live like in the north east and in a city especially it gets so freaking disgusting. I think all the buildings block any wind from coming in. I don't get any wind in my bedroom window so I have to use the AC. Energy eating, noisy, etc. I can't wait for 60s and lower to come.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Most of what I have read so far is such a wildly contrasting viewpoint from my own. I agree with almost nothing. Goes to show you the diversity that Halo has that it can be played in so many different ways as to make everyone's view of its aspects unique.

Kuroyume said:
Oh man, you're so naive! Unless you live like on the fucking beach or something I don't get this obsession people have with hot weather. I'm not cold blooded. Not a reptile. Hot weather blows and if you live like in the north east and in a city especially it gets so freaking disgusting. I think all the buildings block any wind from coming in. I don't get any wind in my bedroom window so I have to use the AC. Energy eating, noisy, etc. I can't wait for 60s and lower to come.
I like hot weather. I like shorts and t-shirts, and it being warm at night. Every year of my life but the last two we've had hot weather during the summer and it's great. It makes you want to be outside.

Also, since I'm on the west it's not humid. That might contribute to your dislike of it.

GhaleonEB

Looks like the last five pictures I added today didn't take; probably a consequence of collaborative editing saving over the changes. I'm working on fixing them now. You'll see placeholder text marking where they were added at the moment. Should have that fixed in a few minutes.

Edit: done.

Top Bottom