• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Homeboyd said:
Have anything you can show us? Seems like a pretty sweet gig.

Lost a lot of my design stuff off a HD, and I'm redoin' a bunch of stuff this summer/fall. But here are some things, mostly have photographs at the moment.

Print
FTgwd.jpg
8dOFZ.jpg

IPWwB.png

Vectorized my Family Crest
Fgb6f.jpg

Photographs
Bw7pf.jpg

XjDMP.jpg

ApulI.jpg

usTU7.jpg

So I don't put more images up and cram this thread here's some rough drafts of a poster I had to do for a type class, in which we were given two typefaces and told to make posters for them. The challenge was to keep them somewhat consistent. We could be as abstract as we wanted. Posters are just the first typeface.

http://i.imgur.com/tWyMl
http://i.imgur.com/TXfvT
http://i.imgur.com/Nn7Zo
http://i.imgur.com/eTYdW
http://i.imgur.com/TFBFu
http://i.imgur.com/XdPhm
http://i.imgur.com/uehgO

Eventually though I went with these two:

http://i.imgur.com/i9kYt
http://i.imgur.com/ssmRk

Bonus points to people who can guess them.

Garamond and Optima

Plywood said:
Well the most handy one on countdown is the medpack jump.
Yeah. I guess I don't see them as useful because I would use shortcuts to out-maneuver people or successfully run away, but it's a lot harder to do either with slower movement

Willeth

GhaleonEB said:
I was just re-reading the Waypoint update, and the bit about the first 5,000 people to Halofest getting swag bags motivated me to plan on spending a wee bit more time in line than usual on Friday. The HaloFest site says it opens at 10:00; I wonder if that has a separate line, or if we have to go through the main PAX line to access it. I'm not familiar with the logistics. Anyone from 343 know?
I'm rooming with an Enforcer that's trying to get assigned to Halo Fest. If he lands it I'll ask him, if we don't get a concrete answer by the Thursday. Given that it's in a different place entirely I'd imagine it's an entirely separate queue, though, rather than a series of queues from the main PAX one to the Halo Fest one.

Oh yeah. Of course. I paid $2000 for my trip and now another German won a trip over official german facebook site. Why did no one tell me, that there would be a competition? =(

Btw. bsangel didn't have an answer for this question right now. So we have to wait.

Tawpgun

thezerofire said:
eh. I don't know, Reach shortcuts just don't seem as impressive or useful
Because they require sprint.

I hate that certain jumps/areas of the map are only accesible to people who pick sprint or jetpack. Lame.

Why are the nipples on powerhouse still not blocked off. Or ledges on Reflection.

ESPECIALLY the nipples. You have plenty of cover up there and can see the entire map.

has anyone here seen the Shraptain jumping videos from halo 3? I don't know how far those spread around, but they were great examples of why I loved jumping in that game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ncsuDuncan said:
How the hell am I supposed to make those jumps with Armor Lock?
You don't. You get to be invulnerable and waste people's time. :p
thezerofire said:
Yeah. I guess I don't see them as useful because I would use shortcuts to out-maneuver people or successfully run away, but it's a lot harder to do either with slower movement
Most of the shortcut jumps are only possible with Sprint in Reach.

Well I put up a film if you guys want to check out some of the things you can do on Powerhouse.

MrBig

Dev that's some cool stuff, I would hate doing corporate work as well.

I'm
18 and still in Highschool.
Want to go to Gnomon or Ringling school of art to study environmental design for game/movie concepting with an ultimate goal of working with Bungie :)

wwm0nkey said:
So anyone up for Mini-Game customs tomorrow?
Later today

Willeth

thezerofire said:
Well yeah eventually people got good enough to pick kids lifting (myself included) but it was still fun. I did the slide jump from Snipe 3 on Guardian to Elbow once. Only once.

the only ones I know of are jumping out of that little oval window on Powerhouse, and that jump-up on Zealot which only seems to work some of the time. What is there on Countdown?
There's a great one on Anchor 9. You can jump from the zero-grav area to the outside ledge with a crouch jump. I used it in a recent CTF game and it worked amazingly well.

Willeth said:
There's a great one on Anchor 9. You can jump from the zero-grav area to the outside ledge with a crouch jump. I used it in a recent CTF game and it worked amazingly well.
I have noticed the usefulness of that low-g area. It's especially useful to just jump back and forth between platforms. Most people don't look that high and you can get the easy first couple shots off

Tawpgun

Damnit. Juggernaut in Reach deserves to be in Action Sack. Its a luck based gametype. More so than any other. Even Action Sack ones.

Or make it fucking better.

There's NO competitive FFA playlist because all the retard gametypes get shoved into Rumble Pit. Sometimes I want to play those game types, but to have serious gamertypes be mixed with joke ones is annoying.

EDIT: AR Starts on Pinnacle. Fantastic. I hope there's a BR/AR filter on the next game so I don't have to put up with this.

Striker

thezerofire said:
I don't know, I feel like Reach has a lot of unnecessary clutter. For example, those little edges on the doors to the outside of Countdown, and the pipes in the bottom of the base that you can't stand on
Both games have unnecessary clutter. It's really annoying to play on.

StalkerUKCG said:
I miss Fiesta and Golden Showers.
Fiesta was a good time with friends when we all sucked at halo. Now we're pretty good and it just becomes whoever gets rockets or sniper wins lol

Striker said:
Both games have unnecessary clutter. It's really annoying to play on.
It seems like stock Halo 3 maps had less clutter than the DLC. Maybe it foretold of things to come

Striker

thezerofire said:
It seems like stock Halo 3 maps had less clutter than the DLC. Maybe it foretold of things to come
You still had random crates, or other minuscule items that have no business in the map. Rat's Nest and Ghost Town were absolutely terrible with it.

kylej

Banned
Dax01 said:
Film Studies and Political Science.

Related: Check out my new digs: http://twitgoo.com/2mzny8

lol what's up Poli Sci brother. The most miserable degree. Everyone else is having fun in their youth while we sit reading about atrocities carried out by governments and how the whole world is going to shit.

thezerofire said:
the only ones I know of are jumping out of that little oval window on Powerhouse, and that jump-up on Zealot which only seems to work some of the time. What is there on Countdown?

My favorite jump in Reach is the Powerhouse tree jump. Donged on some kids using that last night in fact http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22281941&player=jelyk

Striker

thezerofire said:
those were DLC though

Not all Reach maps do this, either. Fact is both games have a handful of maps that have things on the map that simply aren't essential to gradual gameplay. Most of the time it either stalls the gameplay or allows for more deaths as players get caught in those said items.

Tawpgun

So Select needs to be removed/fixed. Hard Kill Ceiling killing jetpackers (could be a good thing....)

But me and juices played a doubles game where a team managed to get inside a little nook with the jetpack and hid there... wow.

Striker said:

Not all Reach maps do this, either. Fact is both games have a handful of maps that have things on the map that simply aren't essential to gradual gameplay. Most of the time it either stalls the gameplay or allows for more deaths as players get caught in those said items.
I'm not saying all Halo 3 or Halo Reach maps do it, I was commenting that it seemed like the later Halo 3 maps had more of it than the earlier ones. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's how I remember it

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Risen said:
4. A return of power ups like OS and Invis

Ohh that's a good one.

5. Locked framerate

Devo, that's some great work. You should take a stab at the Campus Safety t-shirt.

Homeboyd

A27 Tawpgun said:
So Select needs to be removed/fixed. Hard Kill Ceiling killing jetpackers (could be a good thing....)

But me and juices played a doubles game where a team managed to get inside a little nook with the jetpack and hid there... wow.
The author built that map as an MLG map through and through (i.e. no jetpacks).. We had to help a little with making it core MP compatible.. I'm sure there's some areas we missed. Be glad to revisit it if we ever hear back from 343 re: CC

Sean P.

Devolution said:
Lost a lot of my design stuff off a HD, and I'm redoin' a bunch of stuff this summer/fall. But here are some things, mostly have photographs at the moment.

YOUR WORK WAS HERE

Bonus points to people who can guess them.

Garamond and Optima

By design I assume you mean graphic design?

I took a few graphic design classes due to my major, in one we had to make a poster for a balloon event.

wgmdr.jpg

You guess the two fonts ;]

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Dude, I'm very satisfied with my place; partly because of where I was last year. I was in the oldest building last year, I'm in one of the newest buildings this year.
I never had to live on campus in college - got married right before I started - so seeing a room that small is sort of horrifying. Even so, I don't miss college one bit.

I really hope the giveaway is for people in the panel lineup. Seems silly for it to be for the first folks into halofest, since all of the hardcore fans will be waiting in line for the panel.

Gui_PT

Butane123 said:
Good game, Gui.

hehehe

Hypertrooper said:
Good games, Gui and Elzar, and OVERDOZIZ!(I think I can only reach him, when I capslocked his name)

Yeah that was fun. Thanks to everyone I played with.

Remember our conversation, Hyper.

ElzarTheBam said:
Good game guys, and mr Gui that mongoose splatter shall be on the next montage, so funny!

Can't a guy stop for a couple of seconds to think about weapon respawns without having to eat a mongoose wheel?

A27 Tawpgun said:
Damnit. Juggernaut in Reach deserves to be in Action Sack. Its a luck based gametype. More so than any other. Even Action Sack ones.

Or make it fucking better.

There's NO competitive FFA playlist because all the retard gametypes get shoved into Rumble Pit. Sometimes I want to play those game types, but to have serious gamertypes be mixed with joke ones is annoying.

EDIT: AR Starts on Pinnacle. Fantastic. I hope there's a BR/AR filter on the next game so I don't have to put up with this.

Seriously, my number one wish for Halo 4 multi is a single starting weapon (or set). This AR vs. BR makes matchmaking a nightmare for both the playlist managers and the players of the game, and it is much much easier to balance a sandbox knowing that you will always start a game with the same weapon set.

Sean P. said:

That's fucking awesome lol.

senador

Banned
Would you guys be OK with a BR/DMR/FutureR primary, AR secondary start? Seems like that would be a good default start.

For some maps and game types I was OK with AR starts (for pistol), but now I just want DMR start every time. I am sick of being crippled on spawn.

senador said:
Would you guys be OK with a BR/DMR/FutureR primary, AR secondary start?

Assuming it has the proper balance, of course. Halo CE did that. Pistol and AR worked perfectly.

Personal preference. I hope the precision human weapon is a pistol instead of a rifle in Halo 4, because quite simply a pistol is obviously much much more badass than a rifle.

Top Bottom