• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Captain Blood said:
Did Halo 3 even launch with a BR primary AR secondary playlist? Seemed like we were yelling for a while before it happened?

I remember AR's pretty much across the board when H3 came out, if my memory serves me correctly.

I think people knew that the AR was a bad starting weapon well before H3 even came out. I remember seeing it and Bungie talking about it in the first H3 multiplayer vidoc and thinking the AR looked awful.

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
I remember AR's pretty much across the board when H3 came out, if my memory serves me correctly.

I think people knew that the AR was a bad starting weapon well before H3 even came out. I remember seeing it and Bungie talking about it in the first H3 multiplayer vidoc and thinking the AR looked awful.
Yeah, there was AR starts on Valhalla and others for a bit. Remember we had AR starts on Avalanche in the DLC playlists - might still be in there. :lol

Halo 3 gametypes are among the worst in the series. From long ass CTF respawns (not to mention their tiny territory areas to do so), instant arm assault, VIP was terrible, KotH had issues, and removing 3 Plots to cram basic Territories down our throat.

Striker said:
Yeah, there was AR starts on Valhalla and others for a bit. Remember we had AR starts on Avalanche in the DLC playlists - might still be in there. :lol

Halo 3 gametypes are among the worst in the series. From long ass CTF respawns (not to mention their tiny territory areas to do so), instant arm assault, VIP was terrible, KotH had issues, and removing 3 Plots to cram basic Territories down our throat.

Yeah agreed. Reach's are a lot better, but only after 6 months of work in matchmaking. The disc gametypes are still awful and in some cases just flat out broken (5 second respawns by default for flag and bomb on the disc as one example).

GhaleonEB

I go into Action Sack for something wacky and fun.

I get Power Slayer on Sword Base, first death is to some dude with the sword and evade.

Sigh.

Striker

Ventured in there the other day and saw Hog Potato. I notice there's some spawns for the Warthog in each cave, but each time it kept respawning on their side. Nevertheless, they sucked, so it was an easy win. Actionsack was only semi-interesting to me in Halo 2 where it featured some things like Dodgeball, Ninja Flag, and CTF Shottys (Beaver Creek).

Havok

i nerini del buio said:
swat stockpile, I like it °O°
does not compute
Striker said:
Ventured in there the other day and saw Hog Potato.
I'd like to formally apologize for voting for this garbage. It's Reach's vehicle combat in microcosm - you're driving a vehicle that randomly explodes without any real warning.

GhaleonEB said:
I go into Action Sack for something wacky and fun.

I get Power Slayer on Sword Base, first death is to some dude with the sword and evade.

Sigh.
But everyone votes for Sword Base, it must be a good map! (Fortunately I have played Swordbase only two times in the last three months I think.)

Good Games, Devolution, ncsuDuncan, Tunavi, Fyrewulff and Barlow

non-invasion Breakpoint need to go.
That map is not suited for objective gametypes, let alone asymmetric ones

Slayer could be good if there was no splaser, plasma launcher, rockets and god knows what else.

Highlands has the same issue. Why did they put splaser and plasma launcher high, rockets and sniper each base? Just put a rocket launcher into the downed pelican (with 4 spare shots). As it is now noone goes for the middle other than Dax and objgametypes end up being stalemates.

edit- oh and rockets without any spare shots is as stupid as 1nade starts. Reloading is the most interesting part of carrying a rocket launcher.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
XFiDi.jpg

Every time I see someone complain about Sword Base I get sad, because I'm convinced that my version fixes a lot of the problems it has.

I actually updated it recently, I deleted some of my crazier changes and instead blocked the yellow lift and replaced it with a teleporter (which exits in the corner next to the DMR spawn, not in the lift room). The map actually has some resemblance of symmetry now, it's weird.

Hopefully HaloFest will give us a better idea of how 343 is looking to manage community map submission. I'd ask the question, but I'm sure Fyrewulff was already planning to... :p

In the meantime I'm just going to work on my Boneyard and Boardwalk variants.

Hypertrooper said:
Good Games, Devolution, ncsuDuncan, Tunavi, Fyrewulff and Barlow

Yeah, that was fun. Good games.

ncsuDuncan said:
In the meantime I'm just going to work on my Boneyard and Boardwalk variants.
How do you want to fix Boneyard without making it into "desert"? Too make a fair map, you have to use the whole map, and that is still too big for BTB.

Man I miss ForgeCustoms :/

Hypertrooper said:
How do you want to fix Boneyard without making it into "desert"? Too make a fair map, you have to use the whole map, and that is still too big for BTB.

Man I miss ForgeCustoms :/
Check it out if you're bored and want to take a look in Forge.

So far I've only set it up for 1-flag and 2-flag, but it's a much much better layout than what is currently in matchmaking. I like to think that it feels more like Zanzibar now.

The new bridge fixes some of the more annoying long-distance sight lines; it also helps keep the middle from being such a wasteland.

Tunavi

Banned
FyreWulff said:
You can also parry each other's hammers.

Happens to me at odd times in HaloBall.
I went on a betrayal spree and Senador sword blocked me. lol

You guys were talking about jumping across maps...Found a cool one on powerhouse. Did you guys know you can jump up to the flag from the walkway below? Heres a film if you guys didn't know about this. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22299554&player=I%20Tunavi%20I

Thank you, mystery renderer. If you didn't know about this jump, lemme know. I feel clever for finding it on my own, never seen anyone pull this off before

Ramirez

Tunavi said:

You guys were talking about jumping across maps...Found a cool one on powerhouse. Did you guys know you can jump up to the flag from the walkway below? Heres a film if you guys didn't know about this. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22299554&player=I%20Tunavi%20I

Thank you, mystery renderer. If you didn't know about this jump, lemme know. I feel clever for finding it on my own, never seen anyone pull this off before

Yea, EazyB's been doin that one for as long as I can remember, first person I saw do it...

Tunavi said:

Yeah Powerhouse has the most jumps in the game I think. Office roof to Shed roof is especially awesome and very useful.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
You guys were talking about jumping across maps...Found a cool one on powerhouse. Did you guys know you can jump up to the flag from the walkway below? Heres a film if you guys didn't know about this. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...I%20Tunavi%20I

I've done this before with games I've played with you. :mad:

Also it was in my film that senador rendered that no one watched: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22280193&player=Xenolock

PNut

Banned
The Real Napsta said:
Most action sack stuff is garbage.

Pretty much. Reach Action Sack is just another Slayer playlist IMO. Even Hockey is ruined by people just going for kills. On the other hand, Halo 3 Action Sack had some really unique and crazy gametypes. What was the VIP gametype where you sniped people going for destinations on Sandbox? Can't remember, but I loved it. Oh, and you can't forget Sumo. Fun times.

Plywood said:
Replace Action Sack with a Racing playlist. :D

I can't think of one good reason why there isn't a Race playlist. People would play it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
PNut said:
I can't think of one good reason why there isn't a Race playlist. People would play it.
It would be what I'd play when no one else is on, that's for sure.

Also everyone would have a negative k/d in it from falling to there death.

feel

Don't remember ever playing a flag game there but I have done that jump to fly over people camping that corner with a hammer and own them from above or from the other side.

Hey You

MrBig said:
I want flagstravagnza back
The only playlist I would ever go into without worrying about what gets voted for and subsequently enjoying the gameplay.
Totally the same thing for me. I won't go into TO solo with a 10 foot stick.

PNut

Banned
Plywood said:
It would be what I'd play when no one else is on, that's for sure.

Also everyone would have a negative k/d in it from falling to there death.

Yup, it's what I do when I'm waiting for people to get online. There's not any other gametype that benefited more with the addition of Forge World. Some of the Race maps people have created is just crazy.

Work in progress for Tashis team. Decided to make a coat of arms. Still more to do though. Like the inside of the shield and the name banner.

umVIl.png

Top Bottom