• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tashi0106 said:
3. Beam rifle

My favourite weapon in Halo 3. It needs to return for Halo 4 if Team Snipers is to be restored to its former glory. You could pull off truly monstrous performances with it in 3. That doesn't mean the focus rifle can't return either; i'm one of the few who bothers to pick it up on Powerhouse, it's a rather under-rated weapon.

bobs99 said:
Nade placement in H3 was amazing

It really was. I remember seeing nade placement videos two years after the games release that surprised me, one's that were actually useful in game and practical. Reach has absolutely no depth to its nade combat. They are too big, too heavy, too cumbersome and too powerful without requiring much thought. Bring back the ping and ingenuity of 3's nades.

Deputy Moonman said:
Someone else likes Standoff?????? One of my favorite maps in 3.

Great map, top 2 along with Avalanche for btb. Sure, it has savage spawns but they were equally savage for both sides; if you found yourself on the receiving end of the hog slaughter-go-round, you only had you and your team to blame because you could have done exactly the same to your opponents had the opening rush been better. This is a far cry from the spawning in Reach, specifically Pinnacle, which, depending on what gametype you're playing, screws one team over unacceptably:

Snipers/Swat - Red team has an absurd advantage, spawn in a large, multi-platformed tower which overlooks the majority of the map and is a relatively safe place to spawn. If they get on small tower and banshee blue team literally spawns in front of their eyes over and over and over and... you get the idea.

Team Slayer - Blue team has a massive advantage in spawning directly above the rockets and having first dibs on the shotgun.

A27 Tawpgun said:
6. Flag Juggling and light flag physics.

7. Faster weapon switching when pressing Y.

Devo, those photographs are beautiful btw. Love hi-res shots like that.

So I finally became a Bungie Pro subscriber (after they handed Halo over - wut) as my 360 was loaded with clips and I had to rotate fileshare videos way too often to show friends stuff. 24 Slots and the ability to render is worth the 320 points I think.

That said, I've got three clips I thought were worth sharing* - so assuming I've rendered and linked correctly, here they are.

*They were kinda cool and less than one minute - I'm a render minute tight-ass.

Seriously Lucky Grenade

Surprising a grenade spamming, assault-rifle whore

Surprising the poor guy looking over the edge

The price for render minutes seems a bit steep huh?

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Dude. You have a foot fetish, dude! Go to a psychologist, he can help you :p

</3

Hello, Oozer!
JnU2m.png

Edit: Oh, you saw it already :lol

Stripper13 said:
Lame Internet Explorer giving me grief - I swore I pressed preview changes.

What playlist(s) is Eden Minor in? It actually looks like a relatively cool forged map.

thee henery said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Not sure why the weapon switching was nerfed so hard in H3 and Reach, especially when given weapons like the Magnum with silly clip sizes. Just another thing that nerfs the individual skill gap in H3 and Reach. :/

O D I N

PooBone said:
I have that shirt. The wife gave it to me for our anniversary one year (Bungie Day: 7/7 lol) I don't know where she got it though.

You are a lucky man.

In love, and 100% cotton apparel. Bravo, sir.

senador said:
Would you guys be OK with a BR/DMR/FutureR primary, AR secondary start? Seems like that would be a good default start.

For some maps and game types I was OK with AR starts, but now I just want DMR start every time. I am skip of being crippled on spawn.

Pretty sure the majority of people here have been OK with that since Halo 3. Bungie hasn't.

Steelyuhas said:
What playlist(s) is Eden Minor in? It actually looks like a relatively cool forged map.

Team Slayer is the only one I have seen it in.

It comes up fairly regularly. I think it's a good map - and it certainly 'looks' a hell of a lot more interesting than most of the Forge stuff. That said, I don't think it's a great map for Slayer. There are two power weapons - a sniper rifle on one side, and a grenade launcher on the other. I love the grenade launcher - but the Sniper locks down the map. There is heaps of high ground, so Slayer DMR's, Slayer Pro or having someone good with the sniper rifle against you - means you are constantly trying to keep behind cover. And finally, if you come up against a team of Jet Packers - you might as well quit. It's a thoroughly unenjoyable experience when they can circumnavigate the map effortlessly and DMR from multiple angles, while you desperately sprint through a maze of shitty cover and one-entrance-one-exit-grenade-magnet tunnels.

Risen

thee henery said:

8. Ability to pick host in custom games

9. Balanced maps

10. Faster animations on melees and other actions

11. No simultaneous beat downs

12. Bleed through melee

13. Fixed blast radius on nades

Steelyuhas said:
THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Not sure why the weapon switching was nerfed so hard in H3 and Reach, especially when given weapons like the Magnum with silly clip sizes. Just another thing that nerfs the individual skill gap in H3 and Reach. :/

It really does. It's one thing i'd really like emphasized in Halo 4: speed. Faster kill times (that are challenging), faster base speed, faster weapon changing etc. Really give the individual a chance to shine through greater dexterity of thought translating itself to hand-eye co-ordination.

senador

Banned
Plywood said:
You don't. You get to be invulnerable and waste people's time. :p

Most of the shortcut jumps are only possible with Sprint in Reach.

Well I put up a film if you guys want to check out some of the things you can do on Powerhouse.

Rendered.

I use some of those and learned a few new ones. Thanks! I enjoy Sprint jumps.

xxjuicesxx said:
Pretty sure the majority of people here have been OK with that since Halo 3. Bungie hasn't.

Cool. Just checking since I don't see the AR leaving.

God I hope the weapons are well balanced in 4.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Standoff was worth it when someone on our team controlled the Laser and Eazy was driving the hog.

Oh man.

But I did get a Killionaire on the Hog once with Blood driving so... :p

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
Bu bu bu Halo Reach is the only Halo that slows down gameplay and distributes to the casuals.
Deputy Moonman said:
Someone else likes Standoff?????? One of my favorite maps in 3.(
It was one of the best Halo 3 maps with a large share of problems for its MM settings. Kind of says something for the rest of the game's map quality.

Homeboyd said:
Also, has this been discussed yet? The fack?
Uh, I'm pretty sure he's just talking about a new build of CEA approved for public demonstration. As in, newer than whatever build they had at E3.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

*puts tin foil hat back on head*

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
Uh, I'm pretty sure he's just talking about a new build of CEA approved for public demonstration. As in, newer than whatever build they had at E3.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

*puts tin foil hat back on head*
But it's super duper secret! And I need some damn news to chew on...

Give me something dammit!

"So, I heard something about 4 new Forge Worlds!"

"Ahh sweet! Wonder what they'll look like!"

"Yeah me too! Still.. Super exciting"

foreveralone.jpg

Striker said:
Bu bu bu Halo Reach is the only Halo that slows down gameplay and distributes to the casuals.

Haha yeah, people seem to really look at some of H3's aspects with some real rose-tinted glasses as Ram likes to say. Halo 3 is just as slow as Reach in a lot of aspects.

and it sux! :eek:

Made some guy ragequit in Flag Slayer. Obligatory message that "no offense but your sniping sucks" I'll record it later. My sniping isn't great but it didn't suck that game, he mad. Text message him back "is that why you quit?" He blames guests and then challenges me to a 1v1. I think I hit all of the BK marks with this one guys.

Karl2177

Homeboyd said:
Haha.. wondering if you had applied yet.
No. I'm an incoming freshman.

Devolution said:
Made some guy ragequit in Flag Slayer. Obligatory message that "no offense but your sniping sucks" I'll record it later. My sniping isn't great but it didn't suck that game, he mad. Text message him back "is that why you quit?" He blames guests and then challenges me to a 1v1. I think I hit all of the BK marks with this one guys.
Link to game. I had something similar a while back, but it was in Squad.

Nutter

Devolution said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=752878053&player=I devolution I

Oh my bad it was speedflag, still lol. I saved it for later clips, I think he was mad because I'd no scope then switch to DMR and finish off, when I didn't get straight up headshots.
You cant fault anyone from quitting out of a match like that.

In fact I would encourage anyone left on that team to quit out. I complain about quitters in objective games where the other team was unable to score in their first round and they all just quit without trying to stop us. : [

MrBig

I want flagstravagnza back
The only playlist I would ever go into without worrying about what gets voted for and subsequently enjoying the gameplay.

NOKYARD

Bread said:
Great! Let me know what you think.
It's kind of small and 'elbowy'. More suited for 1v1 or 2v2. In a 4v4 game a team could setup shop with one on top, one on bottom, and one on each elbow and just spawn rape the other team. The over/under structure, map movement, and some of the sight lines are an interesting start but you need to think bigger if competitive 4v4 is your intended audience. Also, remove the starting spawns in the hangar.

Nutter said:
You cant fault anyone from quitting out of a match like that.

In fact I would encourage anyone left on that team to quit out. I complain about quitters in objective games where the other team was unable to score in their first round and they all just quit without trying to stop us. : [

I don't care if someone quits but sending me a trash talking message afterwards to save your ego or whatever the fuck is dumb.

Zoolader said:
I just learned how to make gifs, and figured saved films would be fun to work with. Here is my first attempt
http://k.min.us/idIky3Dxs.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Okay now that was pretty sweet....and incredibly lucky...and something I would never do in MM.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
No, their implementation did.
Default game on matchmaking should have everyone always spawning in equal grounds for every situation, and if you obtain something that gives you an advantage over another player, it's because you risked your neck moving to where it was and grabbed it before someone else. That's Halo.

TrounceX

The Real Napsta said:
Why does MLG even have loadouts? No one picks the NR loadout on LAN (on purpose).

SK and Hysteria from the former Triggers Down use the NR loadout.

Team shot with that thing is crazy. You can explode people in an instant and not even have to get a headshot.

xxjuicesxx said:
Did Halo 3 even launch with a BR primary AR secondary playlist? Seemed like we were yelling for a while before it happened?

Top Bottom